Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
this was a lucky find..
attachicon.gif
20180313_181410.jpg
attachicon.gif
20180310_200940.jpg
Damn, is the store remodeling?

Thats the best haul I have seen in awhile. How much was the Disgaea 5?

Nevermind, I saw the second pic and it shows the price where the first one didn't.

So went to check mine after seeing that. They had an display of Clearance $5 games.

I grabbed

Lumines Electronic Symphony

RBI Baseball 17 (Switch)

Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Saw (that I remember):
PS4

Rigs

Becoming Human

Vita

Freedom Wars

Wolf Among Us

Xbox One

Bioshock: The Collection

WiiU

Adventure Time

Transformers Prime

Lots of old PS3/360/Wii games. Nothing crazy that stood out to me from those.

The $0.03 games dream lives! I was able to find a copies of WarioWare DIY, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Crosswords Plus at a local Walmart. There were even some left over. Don't sleep on those city outskirts stores, y'all!

I have nothing but bad experiences with Walmart and their customer service.  I also can't find any of these game deals.  I saw that haul that guy got.  What city and state is that in?  Those are crazy deals.

Who cares how many they bought? They posted the info and might help others find the same games at their store. This is why people rather not post here, get talked down to for actually sharing info while you high horse lurkers complain that you didn't get any at the random store you weren't at.

Congrats to nevermeltice on his find. I had a similar one where I bought dozens of games for $3 each like that in January 2017. That was the only time that I had ever felt a sense of euphoria at a Walmart, and it's the main reason that my game buying habits have hit an all time low in 2018. But I've concluded that it's a managerial decision to clear out that many games at once and it varies from store to store if something like that would ever happen.

Who cares how many they bought? They posted the info and might help others find the same games at their store. This is why people rather not post here, get talked down to for actually sharing info while you high horse lurkers complain that you didn't get any at the random store you weren't at.
This x1000

Umm maybe cuz it makes it so other people can't get said clearance items as well at that particular store, or any given store, if everybody shared the same mentality as you/him.

The world doesn't owe you cheap clearance games. It's not like they bought up all the copies of a new item at MSRP to scalp them above retail price.
Oh please, this isn't about me being owed anything, but him/others blatantly hoarding. You're telling me it's okay to buy 5+ copies of a game? Then again I'm sure being a reseller has nothing to do with thatoneguywho (and probably you) defending nevermeltice :roll:

Umm maybe cuz it makes it so other people can't get said clearance items as well at that particular store, or any given store, if everybody shared the same mentality as you/him.
You buying any item can make someone else not get it. If you're so generous stop buying any items because someone might not have the chance to buy it. Don't know about you but if I have the money, I'm buying whatever I want in whatever quantity. I don't go about life on maybes and whatifs when it comes to buying things I want.

If everyone shared the same mentality as us we would have people posting deals, instead we have people like you that complain and contribute nothing.

Oh please, this isn't about me being owed anything, but him/others blatantly hoarding.
If you didn't feel like you were owed (or deserved) these clearance games, then you wouldn't care about people hoarding. Clearly you're mad that a hoarder might make you miss your chance at grabbing a cheap game.

You're telling me it's okay to buy 5+ copies of a game?
I don't really care one way or the other. Brick and mortar stores also buy up vast amounts of product in order to sell them for more than they paid. I'm not going to lose sleep over missing out on Bioshock for five bucks.

Then again I'm sure being a reseller has nothing to do with thatoneguywho (and probably you) defending nevermeltice :roll:
Oh, because I don't care what other people do with their time and money, I MUST be a reseller too!

I've literally only ever resold games on two occasions. Most recently with the 3 cent Walmart games. Flipped a moderate sized haul to a local game shop for 2 or 3 bucks each. I don't even buy cheap games to flip to GS and Best Buy like a lot of people do here. And I sure don't care that people do that either.

Also, everyone would be a hoarder at a certain price point when it comes down to it. Like, if you walked into a store that somehow was clearancing Xbox One X consoles down to $25, you can't honestly tell me you wouldn't snatch up every last one of them and flip them for a tidy profit. If you told me you'd leave the rest of them to give others a chance to grab them, I literally would not believe you.

People just get mad that someone ELSE is doing it, and then it's all, "Oh, real nice, thanks for leaving some for the rest of us!"

This. Looks like he got every single copy. Do people not have any shame when buying this sorta stuff?
Look, you want the deals, get to the store first. If someone else buys it out before you....you should have driven faster.

If stuff like this bothers you then you should be asking yourself what you should do to make sure it doesn't happen to you. Whining about what other people do just makes you a whiner.

None of us know the first thing about each other. Trying to assert your opinion about an act or behavior is futile, and assuming what someone you don't know does or would do is stupid. People either have ethics or they don't, the arguing is pointless.

The only thing you can do is look for deals to sate your material possession craving and hope no hoarder scum live near you.

Went to a local store yesterday and of the games shown that were there, they all had $15-$20 tags on them. It's a step but not nearly as sweet as that deal.​

I mean, y'all both have a point, and we all have to accept that hoarding/reselling is part of the deal hunting game, but I think it's a little disingenuous to act like a haul shot is to "share info" and thus exempt from criticism. If someone cared about sharing info, they'd just post some text, or at the very most, a photo with one copy each of what they got. When someone throws up a photo with 4-5 copies of the same game, we know what they're doing, lmao.

C'mon bruh

Not exactly earth-shattering and it's probably been this low before, but picked up "Sunset Overdrive" for $5 today at the Walmart near me. Checked Brickseek and it's $9 at all other WM locations.

Oh and by the way, I have no idea why some WM's do this, but that location was keeping their small-sized clearance bins hidden way under a shelf and the employee in Electronics had to point it out to me. Isn't the point to SELL them, not to hide them? They were placed there by the staff, not someone stashing them. Just don't get it.

I mean, y'all both have a point, and we all have to accept that hoarding/reselling is part of the deal hunting game, but I think it's a little disingenuous to act like a haul shot is to "share info" and thus exempt from criticism. If someone cared about sharing info, they'd just post some text, or at the very most, a photo with one copy each of what they got. When someone throws up a photo with 4-5 copies of the same game, we know what they're doing, lmao.

C'mon bruh
^^^ this

Last year their were some killer deals on windshield deicer. Has anyone seen anything this year?

C'mon bruh
Good points. A dude posts a haul pic with dozens and dozens of titles, including many duplicates...it's going to invite some fiery reactions, for sure. He would have gotten a far better reception here had he just posted the pic and said these were the deals he happened to see at his location. He didn't need to brag that he took em all. But me personally, I don't begrudge him. If he wants to buy them all, there's no law against it. However, I don't think his intention was to "share info" but his pic was still valuable, as far as noticing titles to scope out for myself on BS.

So, basically, I can understand both sides of the reactions to his haul pic.

So if I ship an item for store pick up to location with a cheaper price can I get it for that? Can I somehow show my local store the price for the item at a cheap location(brick seeks shows it for less?

Sorry if you all have answered this before it's been a long day at work. I just want a cheap copy of disgaea for switch

So if I ship an item for store pick up to location with a cheaper price can I get it for that? Can I somehow show my local store the price for the item at a cheap location(brick seeks shows it for less?

Sorry if you all have answered this before it's been a long day at work. I just want a cheap copy of disgaea for switch
If the item is available for same-day pickup it should go down to the store's price when you pick it up. If it takes several days, then it is coming from the warehouse and probably will NOT go down to the store's price and they probably will NOT be able to adjust the price.

Last year their were some killer deals on windshield deicer. Has anyone seen anything this year?
I've seen ice melt on clearance at Target recently, but I suppose it would also depend on what was left over after snow season. We've had an especially bad year for snow here on the East Coast, so there might not be anything left to mark down if everything got sold at full price.

Know what I'd do if I found a crazy cache like that?  I'd buy the games I actually wanted, any I knew my kids would play, and anything I'd know any close friends or family wanted.  And well, that's it.  If it was an EXTREMELY crazy deal like somebody mentioned if you say some consoles on sale for $25 or something...same deal.  Depending on my money situation, if I COULD afford to buy them all maybe I would.  However, I'd use those consoles to either sell to people for extremely cheap or even to give them away.  Yup, yes there are actually people like that in the world.  Know what I did when I ended up with two Wii's during launch?  I sold one for barely over cost.  Another time I ended up with two 360's at one point, I gave the second one to my brother in law.    

Maybe for me it's because I've been there, and while I've never been homeless, I have experienced poverty.  Eating ice cream and frozen waffles for dinner multiple times a week, dumpster diving for snacks/bread.  My parents foregoing a real dinner so my sister and I could eat.  Or, directly related to games, only really ever buying games when they're on clearance or some kind of fire sale.  I've been there and I know how much stuff like clearance games means to some people.  

Have I EVER flipped games or sold something for a profit?  Yup, so go ahead and judge.  But even then I was always pretty careful to not be too greedy, or it was in situation where most people would never know about it anyway.  I remember a few years back Madden did this promo with Direct TV and I ended up with an NFL season pass.  I sold it for a profit, but for the person I sold it to it was still MUCH cheaper than if he had bought that on his own.  Today, now that I'm a bit more secure, not sure if I'd do it for profit at all though...depends on the situation I guess.

I'm not claiming to be some saint, but I am saying I've been there on both sides and we could all use to think about people in those positions sometimes.  That kid who could have used his allowance to buy that clearance game, that parent who could have afforded to make their kid's birthday party extra special, that dude who's in between jobs or maybe can't work due to medical issues...  You hoard them or resell them, I'll leave it there in the hopes one of those people pick it up.

Know what I'd do if I found a crazy cache like that? I'd buy the games I actually wanted, any I knew my kids would play, and anything I'd know any close friends or family wanted. And well, that's it. If it was an EXTREMELY crazy deal like somebody mentioned if you say some consoles on sale for $25 or something...same deal. Depending on my money situation, if I COULD afford to buy them all maybe I would. However, I'd use those consoles to either sell to people for extremely cheap or even to give them away. Yup, yes there are actually people like that in the world. Know what I did when I ended up with two Wii's during launch? I sold one for barely over cost. Another time I ended up with two 360's at one point, I gave the second one to my brother in law.

Maybe for me it's because I've been there, and while I've never been homeless, I have experienced poverty. Eating ice cream and frozen waffles for dinner multiple times a week, dumpster diving for snacks/bread. My parents foregoing a real dinner so my sister and I could eat. Or, directly related to games, only really ever buying games when they're on clearance or some kind of fire sale. I've been there and I know how much stuff like clearance games means to some people.

Have I EVER flipped games or sold something for a profit? Yup, so go ahead and judge. But even then I was always pretty careful to not be too greedy, or it was in situation where most people would never know about it anyway. I remember a few years back Madden did this promo with Direct TV and I ended up with an NFL season pass. I sold it for a profit, but for the person I sold it to it was still MUCH cheaper than if he had bought that on his own. Today, now that I'm a bit more secure, not sure if I'd do it for profit at all though...depends on the situation I guess.

I'm not claiming to be some saint, but I am saying I've been there on both sides and we could all use to think about people in those positions sometimes. That kid who could have used his allowance to buy that clearance game, that parent who could have afforded to make their kid's birthday party extra special, that dude who's in between jobs or maybe can't work due to medical issues... You hoard them or resell them, I'll leave it there in the hopes one of those people pick it up.
I both snatch up clearance for eBay and support a boy from Nicaragua through Compassion International. I both flip games from yard sales to GameStop and work with my church to complete tasks to help the community. These kinds of things aren’t mutually exclusive.

I also rarely buy ALL copies of things at Walmart clearance, but really we are all rationalizing if we buy even ONE copy for personal gain. How do we know if there are, for example, five copies of a game at bottom dollar that there aren’t five kids that would have bought one each with their saved up allowance?

I both snatch up clearance for eBay and support a boy from Nicaragua through Compassion International. I both flip games from yard sales to GameStop and work with my church to complete tasks to help the community. These kinds of things aren’t mutually exclusive.
I also rarely buy ALL copies of things at Walmart clearance, but really we are all rationalizing if we buy even ONE copy for personal gain. How do we know if there are, for example, five copies of a game at bottom dollar that there aren’t five kids that would have bought one each with their saved up allowance?
Nice to see other people do the same. Everyone knows I resell and I'm proud that I'm able to afford the lifestyle I have and support my family with it. I also donate products, give away my finds to friends, family and sometimes strangers depending on the situation, and even discount items to people if I see they are truly struggling.

I'm no saint, but I (and the reselling friends I have) are not in it to screw someone over. We, just like many others, just make money to be secure. We don't look at others and think too bad sucks to be you. But we also don't think you should be handed things just because you're you. People are quick to see someone they don't like in a bad light and forget that we worked for those products we buy, sell, ship, customer service handling, inventory management, waking u early to hit up 10+ stores a day, getting contacts, etc. etc. in order to keep selling. It isn't as easy as others assume it is.

Either way, nice to see other also resellers doing something selfless from time to time just because.

Also, people always make up some sob story for why they hate resellers but forget that most of the items bought are items that were in stores for months to years. I might buy a bunch of one item but seeing as it's been in the store for so long, I don't feel bad as someone could have bought it in those months that it was there.

sometimes resellers get to deals before you. nothing new

if you want to look at it from another perspective, expecting them to forego deals, just in case someone really wants a game for 15 dollars instead of 25, is taking money off their familys table. the counter argument is that they shouldnt be reselling ever, they should work at mcdonalds or get 25 grand in debt and go to college. or basically do anything that you personally approve of. ignoring that argument, the fact of the matter is that games are luxuries. im sorry someone in poverty couldnt get Baja for 5 dollars. on the bright side, they can spend that 5 dollars on food that they dont have to look for in the dumpster, and play one of a million games that are free, and are on platforms that dont cost 150$ at their lowest price. its annoying when i dont get my deal, its annoying when nintendo doesnt have the foresight to make more of their dolls, but saying a reseller shouldnt resell because someone with no money wants a discount on a game (or more realistically, a cheap ass gamer does) and/or because reselling is a bad job, seems like a waste of time. and obviously try not to wish harm on anyone for it.

i see this exact same argument every time i go in this thread. im surprised more of you arent resellers TBH. you use the site quite a lot for a bunch of people that are waiting for 40/30$ games to become 20$.

I feel like we have 2 different types of flippers.   we have the "oh damn, just found a GREAT deal,  i should take advantage of it flipper. the flipper that will profit off someone but the person buying will be saving.  

Than we have the flippers that nobody likes. the " oh its a HOT item flipper.  will go to all stores and try to buy them all at retail price just to sell for 4 times the amount.   Shoe flippers, NES/SNES, POP flippers etc   items that are meant to be sold at retail or lower(if on sale) .

Him buying all these games isn't hurting anyone.  ALL these games are available for people to buy at other stores and lower than retail price.  you missed out on the deal, too bad.  this is CAG where we will evetually have the chance to buy these same games for the same price.   this is CAG, deals like this will pop up again.

bread's done
Back