Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
For those PS4's...  Out of the 9 closest WM's from me, it only even shows up for 2 of them.  For one OOS and the other shows 2 but at $449.  

The $199 price is legit but good luck finding a store with it still in stock. I looked up some zip codes and found them OOS at that price. If you REALLY wanted to, you could buy it full price and then go to one of the stores with the lower price and do some voodoo there to see if they'll refund you the difference.

Dropped by the Tulalip,WA super walmart yesterday and found a few cases of the Mario Odyssey Mario amiibo and the Mario Odyssey Peach amiibo. they had it marked at $10 but a scan brought it to $6. Not sure how to get the brickseek on it. sorry. 

Dropped by the Tulalip,WA super walmart yesterday and found a few cases of the Mario Odyssey Mario amiibo and the Mario Odyssey Peach amiibo. they had it marked at $10 but a scan brought it to $6. Not sure how to get the brickseek on it. sorry.
Do you have the UPC from the packaging?

Did you buy one? Just post the UPC code

I found a nice group of games at my Walmart, but obviously a special case of clearance items. I noticed some games in a box in the clearance isle, and it has a Ghostbusters $5 price sticker on the box itself. I thought hmm, does this mean all the games in here are $5 (almost every single game in there was not stickered at $5)? So, I start scanning and most were in fact $5.

I got Dead By Daylight, Batman Enemy Within, 2K18 Legend Edition, Super Mario Bro. Wii, Madden 18 GOAT Edition, Final Fantasy 15, Unbox, and Zelda Triforce Heroes. Between myself and the guy that came along after they were pretty much cleaned out though.

Thank you to Rays for the Destiny 2 bundle heads up. Took a couple hour road trip to a walmart who has it in stock at $199 and picked the up. I was going to get the D2 bundle for myself though got the GoW one instead, D2 is going to my best friend who’s upgrading from his standard PS4 just like myself.

[attachment=30071:9EC9B240-F013-4CFD-8452-EF3E6D53B94B.jpeg]

Nice. Hope your friend knows that he's lucky to have you.
Thank you. Originally I went to get the D2 bundle for myself. The store showed two in stock and I asked my friend if both were there would he want it. When I got there after the long drive there was only one D2 bundle left. Now knowing the scarcity of the GoW bundle (what seems to be), I picked one up of each since my local stores are sold out of the GoW bundle.

It’s funny we are both under the same opinion. I’m tossed on which one to keep, D2 for the deal or GoW for the rarity of it. He feels the same way and said he’s open to either one.

Not game related, but I thought it was interesting to note that Brickseek is showing Milky Way and Dove chocolate bars at 44 cents each. I just thought that was interesting considering the fact that chocolate bars these days rarely go lower than a dollar in price unless they were clearanced out.

Links:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=191120026

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=110769543

Now whether they'll have them on the floor itself is another thing entirely.

Not game related, but I thought it was interesting to note that Brickseek is showing Milky Way and Dove chocolate bars at 44 cents each. I just thought that was interesting considering the fact that chocolate bars these days rarely go lower than a dollar in price unless they were clearanced out.

Links:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=191120026

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=110769543

Now whether they'll have them on the floor itself is another thing entirely.
I'm pretty sure those are half sized bars.

Some recent failures:

Almost got away with buying 3 copies of other M on Wii for 0.03 each, went to the self checkout area, but stupid me scanned the games using the normal scanner which ended up turning on an alarm that alerted one of the employees instead of using the handheld one. She started scanning the games and they kept ringing up 3 cents. Each box had a $15 clearance tag so she wanted to override the price to the $15 instead. I told her that maybe the tag was outdated, but she wouldn't budge. It just never dawned on her that maybe something can be cheaper than what the tag says it costs. Called a manager and gave me a speech that the $15 tag was the real price and that the 3 cents was an error. I'll admit I felt kinda mad for not using the handheld scanner and for wasting my time. The handheld scanner didn't turn on the alarm. It didn't occur to me to ask them to price match the 3 cents, but who am I kidding if they want to charge me $15 for a 10 year old game are they really gonna price match them to the 3 cents? She woulda just pulled the whole "we don't price match pricing errors" out of her ass. If anybody in SoCal wants to try their luck, it was the upland store.

Another thing I failed at was when I picked up Infamous Second Son for ps4. The store price is $5, picked it up at the store for $20.96. They wouldn't refund me the difference saying that I would have to return the game for them to put it back in their inventory. Didn't occur to me until I got home to ask to change the payment type. Tried to have the .com site price match the store, but they don't do that and the most they could refund me was $2 because the price went a little lower in the proceeding days. I was thinking of selling the game for a profit, but I'm not sure it would be worth the risk of having the buyer suddenly say they never got the game and ripping me off so I'll just return it, it's not a big deal.

Apparently Verizon SIM Cards are 0.03 cents. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Verizon-Wireless-Micro-4G-LTE-Certified-3FF-SIM-Card/170752380?u1=&oid=223073.7200&wmlspartner=PxE*ot9VSWM&sourceid=36383460483537283682&affillinktype=14&veh=aff

Some recent failures:

Almost got away with buying 3 copies of other M on Wii for 0.03 each, went to the self checkout area, but stupid me scanned the games using the normal scanner which ended up turning on an alarm that alerted one of the employees instead of using the handheld one. She started scanning the games and they kept ringing up 3 cents. Each box had a $15 clearance tag so she wanted to override the price to the $15 instead. I told her that maybe the tag was outdated, but she wouldn't budge. It just never dawned on her that maybe something can be cheaper than what the tag says it costs. Called a manager and gave me a speech that the $15 tag was the real price and that the 3 cents was an error. I'll admit I felt kinda mad for not using the handheld scanner and for wasting my time. The handheld scanner didn't turn on the alarm. It didn't occur to me to ask them to price match the 3 cents, but who am I kidding if they want to charge me $15 for a 10 year old game are they really gonna price match them to the 3 cents? She woulda just pulled the whole "we don't price match pricing errors" out of her ass. If anybody in SoCal wants to try their luck, it was the upland store.

Another thing I failed at was when I picked up Infamous Second Son for ps4. The store price is $5, picked it up at the store for $20.96. They wouldn't refund me the difference saying that I would have to return the game for them to put it back in their inventory. Didn't occur to me until I got home to ask to change the payment type. Tried to have the .com site price match the store, but they don't do that and the most they could refund me was $2 because the price went a little lower in the proceeding days. I was thinking of selling the game for a profit, but I'm not sure it would be worth the risk of having the buyer suddenly say they never got the game and ripping me off so I'll just return it, it's not a big deal.

Apparently Verizon SIM Cards are 0.03 cents. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Verizon-Wireless-Micro-4G-LTE-Certified-3FF-SIM-Card/170752380?u1=&oid=223073.7200&wmlspartner=PxE*ot9VSWM&sourceid=36383460483537283682&affillinktype=14&veh=aff

Walmart was just stopping you from wasting even 3 cents on a turd

The $199 price is legit but good luck finding a store with it still in stock. I looked up some zip codes and found them OOS at that price. If you REALLY wanted to, you could buy it full price and then go to one of the stores with the lower price and do some voodoo there to see if they'll refund you the difference.
I found some kind of close showing limited stock at 2 stores. In my experience, limited stock means they might have one left but I can't make it to those stores until tomorrow.

Thank you to Rays for the Destiny 2 bundle heads up. Took a couple hour road trip to a walmart who has it in stock at $199 and picked the up. I was going to get the D2 bundle for myself though got the GoW one instead, D2 is going to my best friend who’s upgrading from his standard PS4 just like myself.

attachicon.gif
9EC9B240-F013-4CFD-8452-EF3E6D53B94B.jpeg
Is this the brickseek GOW https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=658986977 ? Can't believe you got it for only $199. Awesome man!

wait what..so if you use self check out and you scan with the handheld scanner instead of using the normal scanner it doesn't prompt the cashier to come over? that's pretty awesome, can anyone else confirm?

Well, I see 2 problems with that still.

#1, sometimes they're locked in a plastic holder so you still need to get that removed.

#2, if you don't run the game cases over the scanner, then they might still have the active door sensor inside which will go off as you leave.

Both of those have happened to me.

Best bet is to buy other stuff that is about $30 so the employee watching the area just sees the total hopefully. But if they're not busy she/he may still be watching because there is a camera right over the scanner which pops up an image on their screen of what you're scanning and the price.

Best bet is to buy other stuff that is about $30 so the employee watching the area just sees the total hopefully. But if they're not busy she/he may still be watching because there is a camera right over the scanner which pops up an image on their screen of what you're scanning and the price.
The kiosk they usually stand at shows all the lanes and what people are scanning, but if it's like any of the locations that have self checkout near me there are at least 8 self checkouts and most the time all of them are open and in use. Having personally been that person standing there at the self-checkout, it is almost impossible to keep track of what everybody is scanning AND keeping on eye on what it is they're physically scanning at the self checkout. Add people having issues scanning something or needing an override and a LOT of stuff flies under the radar.

Anyone interested in $2 amiibos from Walmart better hit it quick. Evidently the nationwide clearance began about two weeks ago and whereas my local stores had plenty of them in early April they’re wiped out now.

I returned Infamous Second Son to my nearest walmart and the greeter scanned the barcode and came up to 3 cents. How bout that.
Nice! I wonder what other games have been added to the list. I haven’t seen any updates anywhere in awhile. I grabbed an NHL 11 for the PS3 yesterday sure it would ring up 3 cents, but it was $29.96.

Nice! I wonder what other games have been added to the list. I haven’t seen any updates anywhere in awhile. I grabbed an NHL 11 for the PS3 yesterday sure it would ring up 3 cents, but it was $29.96.
I'm pretty sure the only reason it rang up for 3 cents was because they don't sell that particular game there anymore. When I went to the CS desk to return it I asked if they could refund me the difference, dude just stonewalled me. Oh well. The rest of the stores within 20 miles from me still sell it for $20.

Just did a search of a lot of rando zips and didn't find it as $.03 anywhere. Damn.

Paco Rivera, CA had some for $5. There was a place in Hawaii that had it for $15. 

Everywhere else was $20.

Just a little PSA: been to a handful of Walmarts this week and there seems to be a nationwide clearance also on some light bulbs and TVs. Some of those TV prices look like they might be as good as Black Friday.

The Cinnaminson, NJ store is being expanded and renovated, and random items (especially vacuums) have been placed on clearance at 25-50% off list price. Best price seen was the HP Omen 27" GSync monitor for $449. There's also an endcap with lukewarm game deals:

:xb1:
Metal Gear Solid V Definitive Edition (one copy) $15
Battlefield 1 $15
Destiny: The Collection $15
Quantum Break $15
XCOM 2 $15
Rise of the Tomb Raider $15
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 $15

:ps4:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided $12.88
Agents of Mayhem $15
World of Final Fantasy $15