Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably wouldn't buy a floor model tv unless it was dirt cheap.
yeah, I'd probably check the screen on time before purchase, might need the service code to see it but I mean the store should have it or fin dit online, display model tv's are almost always turned on the max brightness and run all day long, so keep that in mind

Was that the game you could use to hack a 3DS? It was really cheap for a while, but it vanished from shelves after the exploit was released.

The ebay profit is there but not as rich as before... with Ebay taking a cut, Paypal taking a cut and shipping going up all the time its slowly not making it worth the hassle
Obviously, you have to account for the 15 percent (give or take) in fees, but in the example of $70 vs. $8 (and there are many, many similar examples) you come out so much better selling eBay. Better to do the research rather than have the blanket attitude that fees are too much.

Ok CAGS, I missed out on the Samsung Soundbar as all the stores I've looked up are now sold out. Anyone happen to have a spare I could buy off them or I can trade games for it? Looking for someone in NEPA/NJ/NY that would like to meet up and make a deal. PM me please if you can help me out.

On a side note I was able to find Uncharted The Lost Legacy & Street Fighter V Arcade Edition on PS4 for $15 apiece.

Went looking for cheap smoker pellets and lucked into some decent game deals.  Here's what I found

:ps4: Everybody's Golf $10

:ps4: Street Fighter V $15

:ps4: Mass Effect Andromeda $15 I think, but could be $10

:3ds: Pokemon X $15

:3ds: Yo-kai Watch $15

:3ds: Hey! Pikmin $15

I wanted to thank you guys.  I was able to get one of those samsung soundbars for $50.  I had been wanting a soundbar with a subwoofer for a while.

Sadly, I don't really see much good stuff in terms of games on clearance.  I did get a Logitech G300s for $9.

Could not believe my eyes when I saw Lego Dimensions show up in Tampa with 4 copies at a certain price on Brickseek. Needless to say I left this store happy:

Here is the brickseek link: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=44662946
Thanks for the heads up! Didn't find them this cheap but 1 store had them for $15 which was a price I was ok with but sadly no Supergirl. Also found all Fun Packs were marked $3, Team Packs $6, Level Packs $7.50, and Story Packs $10.

Went to my local store today and they had a ton of old laptops on clearance.

HP 15.6" N3050, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD $200.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=46429969

HP 15.6" Touchscreen, AMD A12, 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD, $350.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=955904502

HP 17.3" Full HD, AMD A10, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, $350.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=535554960

HP Flyer Red 15.6" Pentium, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD $199.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=46429958

I was considering that Linksys AC1900 router above but it's got bad reviews on Amazon. A lot of reviews say it keeps disconnecting Wi-Fi and it's unreliable.

I haven't see these posted, but i was able to find a router and dvd player for a decent price.

Linksys AC1900 (Cable Modem & Router) $49
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=115648056

RCA 9" Portable DVD Player $17
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=48748719
Almost bit on the router, apparently has issues maintaining connection and connecting to anything not an actual computer (phones, tablets, smart anything). Linksys says ISP provides firmware updates, they're not offering anything, so not likely to be fixed.

I get the Nature Valley Protein bars that are peanut butter and dark chocolate. They are like 190 calories. But that is a good deal for those Gatorade ones.

edit- there is a store near me that has tons for $1.

I partially retract my earlier comment about the Gatorade protein bars because when I went to the walmart I work at they not only didn't have them where the walmart app said they had them, but they had the single bars at the pharmacy weight management aisles at $1.48. When I scanned the upc of one of the bars with the walmart app, it brought up the same page saying they were selling the 12 ct boxes at a $1.48. So be wary because it seems like Walmart is trying to cheap out and sell the bars at that price instead of the whole box. I talked to one of my coworkers that was stocking those aisles and he told me they take the bars out of the boxes and put them individually for sale at that price.

I partially retract my earlier comment about the Gatorade protein bars because when I went to the walmart I work at they not only didn't have them where the walmart app said they had them, but they had the single bars at the pharmacy weight management aisles at $1.48. When I scanned the upc of one of the bars with the walmart app, it brought up the same page saying they were selling the 12 ct boxes at a $1.48. So be wary because it seems like Walmart is trying to cheap out and sell the bars at that price instead of the whole box. I talked to one of my coworkers that was stocking those aisles and he told me they take the bars out of the boxes and put them individually for sale at that price.
I found one unopened 12 ct box and got it for $1.48. They had the other boxes opened up, selling each individual bar for $1.48. Definitely ymmv.

About those $199 laptops from a few posts back. I talked to a coworker who said the Lenovos are crap that break after a while with a lot of returns and the HPs are cheap because the tech is already old by today's standards and prone to slow down after a short while.

Those are all low quality laptops. They were only around $400 to begin with, then discounted to get rid of old inventory. The Pentium N3520 in the Flyer is from 2015 and operates at about 75% the speed of a 4th gen i3 and is barely different from a Chromebook. 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD are also pretty weak. Only good for browsing and watching streaming content while you're traveling.

Those are all low quality laptops. They were only around $400 to begin with, then discounted to get rid of old inventory. The Pentium N3520 in the Flyer is from 2015 and operates at about 75% the speed of a 4th gen i3 and is barely different from a Chromebook. 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD are also pretty weak. Only good for browsing and watching streaming content while you're traveling.
I don't think any serious gamer/business person buys laptops from Walmart anyways.

They were selling Packard-Bells back in the 1990s and early 2000s, as I recall. Crappiest desktops around until eMachines took that mantle.

I don't think any serious gamer/business person buys laptops from Walmart anyways.
Actually, all the stores around here have set up a new gaming PC/laptop section with the recent Electronics section reconfiguration. Seems a little rich for Walmart's blood, but they've been doing retail a lot longer than I have. I just hope when Clearance time comes around they're as generous with the gaming gear as they are the low-end machines.

About those $199 laptops from a few posts back. I talked to a coworker who said the Lenovos are crap that break after a while with a lot of returns and the HPs are cheap because the tech is already old by today's standards and prone to slow down after a short while.
Never had a problem with Lenovos.

bread's done
Back