Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
My new opening Walmart has Xbox One X Scorpio on sale for $999.99. Is it rare?

35285799_1718598081587901_9103199444618182656_n.jpg
Kinda rare. Not $1000 rare. Probably not even $500 rare if it’s used.

they might give you crap about that. there was a store about 15miles from me that says it has 5 in stock at 350. went there and nothing. gave them the sku number and it doesnt even pop up in their system.
For PCs on clearance, I have never had luck with them searching by SKU. For that, i also grab the upc code.That's how I managed to buy a clearance "gaming PC" (hp, I5, 8GB dr4, GTX 1060) for $250 in January.

Thanks. One of the stores near me has that listed at $184. Worth checking out at that price, even if the quantity indicator is yellow.
Damn, that's a hell of a deal on it if they have any left. I got mine the day it went down to $399 and have been checking BS every day in case it drops lower so I can get a price adjustment. I haven't hooked it up yet, but the specs on it look great aside from it not including a discrete video card.

So with that 399.99 i7 HP.

Don't bother with it if you are thinking it would make a nice little gaming rig or anything useful.

After the nightmare of replacing the PSU in this tiny tiny case I could not fit a single fan 1060 in there.  I even measured beforehand but it was just too close.

You can snap out the CD drive easily enough.   Clearly it was meant for you to do this in order to install a card.

But the main board power connector is just too close.

I am going to try my luck at one of those tiny single fan 1050s that are 5.7 inches.  If anyone knows of a smaller graphics card let me know.

This was a complete time sink for what is going to amount to a backup computer!

Learn from my lesson dear CAG people.   Unless you are going to flip on ebay do NOT waste your time or money on these small HPs.

You know it's old when it has uv damage from being.....indoors

Mf17w6L.jpg

There is a lot going on in this picture, take your time

So with that 399.99 i7 HP.

Don't bother with it if you are thinking it would make a nice little gaming rig or anything useful.

Learn from my lesson dear CAG people. Unless you are going to flip on ebay do NOT waste your time or money on these small HPs.
It's not great for gaming, sure, but it's a massive upgrade from my old desktop. I just need something to basically function as an internet box, and it's great for that. I do all my gaming on consoles.

I recommend this to anyone who needs a new desktop just for normal desktop use and doesn't plan to do heavy gaming on it.

Unless it has a discrete graphics card it is not meant for gaming. Simple as that. You can try and play games on integrated graphics, but it's gonna run like garbage.

It has an integrated 630 graphics card, which means you can play most games before 2015 fairly well. You can play Overwatch, LoL, Fortnite, and quite a few other games on low and still get 30-50fps. It's about the same as a Radeon R5. But the other parts are good. The i7-7700 runs for $304 on Newegg, then you get decent RAM and a 2TB HDD. It's just the stupidly small 8" x 8" custom mobo and 185w PSU that make it less of a deal at $399. But then again, you're probably not going to find a good gaming rig at Walmart.

You are so correct in calling in "stupidly small".  Getting a new PSU in there was a chore.

I am pretty sure that the one fan 1050 ti will fit in it though (With the Mobo this small I don't know if any other graphics cards that could possibly fit.) and it should be a decent backup editing/gaming computer after that.

Only positive is that this is the smallest personal computer I will ever own and it can easily travel if I ever need a desktop somewhere else?

Again I would not recommend this purchase at $399.

I found some really nice Bigmouth fake Ice cube LEDs on clearance for 1.50.  They glow pretty brightly when in liquid and will make some nice juvenile gelatinous cubes for D&D.

In situations like that you probably want to move the system to a new case. It's what I had to do for my Acer, which was too small to hold any reasonably priced graphics cards.

In situations like that you probably want to move the system to a new case.
Nope.

It's the tiny motherboard that is the issue. The main board power connector is too close to the PCI-E slot. There is no way to fit 90% of graphics cards in there. It has to be a super short one less than 6 inches. Maybe if there is a single slot card? But most cards are double slot nowadays.

I could get a new motherboard in addition to a case but I am exhausted with this project at this point and I will be happy to get a 1050 ti in there for a backup editing computer.

I am much happier with the clearanced out ice cube LEDs I bought.

It has an integrated 630 graphics card, which means you can play most games before 2015 fairly well. You can play Overwatch, LoL, Fortnite, and quite a few other games on low and still get 30-50fps. It's about the same as a Radeon R5. But the other parts are good. The i7-7700 runs for $304 on Newegg, then you get decent RAM and a 2TB HDD. It's just the stupidly small 8" x 8" custom mobo and 185w PSU that make it less of a deal at $399. But then again, you're probably not going to find a good gaming rig at Walmart.
You’d be surprised. There’s one of those HP omen towers with a 1070 that pops up for $299 on brickseek. Most places still have it $999-1270

Nope.

It's the tiny motherboard that is the issue. The main board power connector is too close to the PCI-E slot. There is no way to fit 90% of graphics cards in there. It has to be a super short one less than 6 inches. Maybe if there is a single slot card? But most cards are double slot nowadays.

I could get a new motherboard in addition to a case but I am exhausted with this project at this point and I will be happy to get a 1050 ti in there for a backup editing computer.

I am much happier with the clearanced out ice cube LEDs I bought.
You can filter results on PCPartpicker, for length of graphics card. It's hard to say how much room you're gonna have for sure, since I'm only going off the mobo specs on HP's website, and scaling it to get a general idea of how much room you have (up until the CPU connector), but from what I can tell the absolute longest graphics card you can get is 158mm +/- 1mm. The absolute smallest GTX 1050 Ti I can find is 145mm. Here's a list of the GTX 1050's and GTX 1050 Ti's that are under 150mm (most single fan graphics cards seem to have either a length of 145mm or 155mm, and I think the latter is cutting it a bit too close).

If you want something bigger than that, you're probably gonna have to get a new mobo and case if you're adamant about using a graphics card.

Here's the two cheapest mobo's and cases I could find on PCPartpicker:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($40.99 @ B&H)
Case: Rosewill - SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($22.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $63.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-17 17:54 EDT-0400

You’d be surprised. There’s one of those HP omen towers with a 1070 that pops up for $299 on brickseek. Most places still have it $999-1270
Just a matter of finding it. I didn't have luck with a store that showed limited stock at that price, the department manager looked at me funny when I asked her to scan the UPC on my phone from brickseek. The telxon said item not found (only scanned it one time quickly). Hopefully other stores around me that actually have it in stock, will eventually drop that low for that particular tower.

Just a matter of finding it. I didn't have luck with a store that showed limited stock at that price, the department manager looked at me funny when I asked her to scan the UPC on my phone from brickseek. The telxon said item not found (only scanned it one time quickly). Hopefully other stores around me that actually have it in stock, will eventually drop that low for that particular tower.
They can check other store's inventory, just not the other store's prices for said item, using either the gemini or mc40 (handheld scanner). I think the best thing you can do when looking for an item is go to say cosmetics or some other department, look for an employee that has either scanner, ask them to scan the barcode, and ask them to see if they have any in stock. If they do, ask for a shelf location, or a bin location (back of the store location, if it's in fact binned). If the store doesn't have it, again ask if you can see if any other stores in the area have any.

BS link?

You can filter results on PCPartpicker, for length of graphics card.
Interesting stuff! I am going to go with a 1050 TI SC and not bother getting a new motherboard and case. (after fitting a nice PSU in that tiny case I really feel the need to get this completed) Thanks! That was some very helpful info.

I really should have checked out the specs on the motherboard before buying it but there were so many people commenting about putting a new graphics card in it. This one was a real lesson for me.

The clearance priced LED ice cubes were a huge hit at my D&D game tonight. I highly recommend them at the $1.50 price if you happen to see them in the clearance section of Walmart.

You are so correct in calling in "stupidly small". Getting a new PSU in there was a chore.

I am pretty sure that the one fan 1050 ti will fit in it though (With the Mobo this small I don't know if any other graphics cards that could possibly fit.) and it should be a decent backup editing/gaming computer after that.

Only positive is that this is the smallest personal computer I will ever own and it can easily travel if I ever need a desktop somewhere else?

Again I would not recommend this purchase at $399.

I found some really nice Bigmouth fake Ice cube LEDs on clearance for 1.50. They glow pretty brightly when in liquid and will make some nice juvenile gelatinous cubes for D&D.
Sku on the led cubes? I'll get some if they're around.

Interesting that you tinkered around with it for so long. I would have figured that a CAG would have bought it to use "as-is" or went the other way and ripped everything out to use as a base for a "real build". The i7 and 16GB ram alone hit $400 at places line MicroCenter. Basically, just getting the 2TB HHD for free (assuming you cant move the Windows license ortherwise, further bonus). 

If I saw one of these, I'd just view it that way, as a CPU/RAM/HDD bundle. In that case, it's still a heck of a deal.

Infinifactory PS4    $5 (but I grabbed the last one in my area)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55538079

MicroMachines World Series PS4  $5 (at least 1 left in my area)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55456402

Wipeout PSP $15 (?!) seriously should be $2 or less.

and a few PS2, PS3 and Wii games also $5-10 the employee said that a bunch of stores just got extra money for clearanceing out extra inventory. So I will be checking out other stores in the area too. (Wisconsin)

Keep seeing listings for the HP Omen on eBay for nearly MSRP... when I'd like one to actually use, hoping some of my stores around me go down in price from MSRP.

Keep seeing listings for the HP Omen on eBay for nearly MSRP... when I'd like one to actually use, hoping some of my stores around me go down in price from MSRP.
I've been waiting on the other HP to go down in price, but it's been sitting at $399 for at least 2 weeks. What's the clearance interval time between price drops? Variable?

Can anyone who bought the Vizio 55" TV for $199 post a review. I'd also like to know how it handles modern gaming systems. Figured I'd ask here before trying to track one down, since reviews online are mixed. Thanks.

I've probably missed it but does anyone recall "The Last of Us Remastered PS4" going down to $9.99, either at WM or anywhere else? I'm sure it has but must have been bad timing where I didn't see it. For a nearly 4-year-old release, surprised it's still at $19.99 or higher almost everywhere.

I've probably missed it but does anyone recall "The Last of Us Remastered PS4" going down to $9.99, either at WM or anywhere else? I'm sure it has but must have been bad timing where I didn't see it. For a nearly 4-year-old release, surprised it's still at $19.99 or higher almost everywhere.
That game has been down to $10 quite a bit over the last couple years. Got it when it was $10 at GS during some sale.

Actually I just found it at my local Wal-Mart for $5.

I picked up the Uncharted Remastered Collection, Last Of Us Remastered, and Starblood Arena for $5 each.

Ughhh c'mon Walmart don't do this to me! A few of those samsungs in stock near me but I just bought that 55" vizio a couple weeks ago...
The set really has pretty meh ratings on rtings, I didn't get enticed unless you really need a spare

Actually I just found it at my local Wal-Mart for $5.

I picked up the Uncharted Remastered Collection, Last Of Us Remastered, and Starblood Arena for $5 each.
Thanks. Interesting that you just got it at WM. I went to Brickseek and did a WM search for it, but it's $19.99 at all my locals. You definitely got lucky.

That game has been down to $10 quite a bit over the last couple years. Got it when it was $10 at GS during some sale.
Didn't think of Gamestop but I'll look there also.

Fry's has had TLOU, Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection, Drive Club, Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, MLB the Show 17, and a couple others go on sale for $10 each 2-3 times last year. Probably at least once this year as well, but I haven't been really keeping track. Just lookout for the weekly Fry's thread on here (there aren't many reaponses, but sometimes they have really good deals).

It went down at that price fairly regularly at Frys last year. I'm not sure if it'll go back down at that price this year though.

I'm seeing that $399 computer going down to $184 at a lot of my local Walmarts now. I just got mine price adjusted today.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=782467792
Somebody at a local store bought both yesterday (according to brickseek they had 2 up until yesterday), so I'm thinking they probably knew about the drop. Only wanted one, and was annoyed somebody bought them out. Next closest store is 50 miles away:/

Assuming the store actually has them, what's the best way to get them to adjust later on? Return/rebuy? Does it have to be at the same store?

This is the computer with the poorly laid out mobo, right? A few stores close with limited zero at 184, one moderately close with 3. An i7 is tempting over my older CPU/R9 combo I'm running now.

This is the computer with the poorly laid out mobo, right? A few stores close with limited zero at 184, one moderately close with 3. An i7 is tempting over my older CPU/R9 combo I'm running now.
I think the Omen is the one considered the PITA to work with for upgrading, if you can get one for $184 it's still a steal just to gut for parts, an i7-7700 on it's own is $300 from newegg new, just rip out the parts you want to salvage and you'll already have a good step forward towards building a new rig

I think the Omen is the one considered the PITA to work with for upgrading, if you can get one for $184 it's still a steal just to gut for parts, an i7-7700 on it's own is $300 from newegg new, just rip out the parts you want to salvage and you'll already have a good step forward towards building a new rig
The 570-p033w is the one that's a pain, mainly cuz the CPU connector is inline with the pcie x 16 slot. Usually the CPU connector is parallel to the ram, on the right most side of the mobo. I would think the omen is easier to deal with, since it already has a GTX 1070 in it and so they probably made enough room to accommodate a full size gpu.

Yeah, between that and the ram it does seem a good start since I've got a case and liquid cooler. Historically I've been an amd guy, but I can sacrifice.

bread's done
Back