Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap. In the 10 minutes it took me to drive to Walmart since that post, the 3 stores around me went from 4-5 to 0. Got some Walmart employee lurkers on here I guess.

Welp. Ordered the last 2 online at one store for pickup tomorrow. Will see if I can get price adjusted when I get there tomorrow. This gonna be fun

Welp. Ordered the last 2 online at one store for pickup tomorrow. Will see if I can get price adjusted when I get there tomorrow. This gonna be fun

My city is so big, anytime something like that gets posted, people swarm out and grab um. Went to the one near me and the girl at the counter said someone came in 20 mins prior looking for them as well :oldman:

I’ve been eating Raising Canes chicken in my car for the past 40 mins right outside a Walmart hopefully by the time I go in they’re still there.

Hopefully no one cleans out my local Walmart by tomorrow morning - have to go into work now.

Wonder if this is some sort of price mistake.  Last time I was in Walmart I noticed that they had a lot of Switch controllers also for $24.88 and wonder if they lumped these Joycons in with that bunch.

Glad some of you got it. I was about to get two sets right before I posted. I think some of the instant stock disappearances are due employees and people ordering for in store pickup with the plan to return rebuy or cancel pickup after all the excitement dissipates. It's a cut throat discount buyer world

I'm fucking done. I was on top of these things the second it posted, I mean I was literally eating dinner outside a Walmart a couple minutes after it went live on Slickdeals. I immediately excused myself for a minute, ran over to the store that supposedly had 4 and they say "if it's not on the floor we don't have it." Blah blah okay no where to be found, they don't even know the price, I obviously didn't mention that. I go to the next Walmart, same bullshit (mind you this is all in a 20 minute span of this shit going wide) same story. I hit a total of 4 Walmarts and I slowly see the brickseek numbers dropping of the stores I've already been to. Didn't end up with any.

Seen some store employees talk about putting them up at my local Wal-Mart.

I had went soon as the deal went live too.

Only one guy told me he unloaded them this morning but outside of that no one was willing to help or talk about it.

Wal-Mart employees are terrible.

Found some NES Classic stuff at a local store. I'm sure that will be gone tomorrow as well. Also, all the laptops I listed all pretty much went out of stock in one day. Was sorta kikcing around the idea of getting the i7, but doesn't even matter now as it went quick. Can't hesitate for a second or stuff will be cleared out.

Too bad they change prices sporadically throughout the day, as it's not even a matter of checking brickseek, so much as getting lucky.

A random dude and I split the 5 controllers they had near me. All other colors were normal price. I've checked some other stores and watched the numbers disappear. These are going to go fast.

Thanks for the link! Was able to pick one up at my local WM. They cashier looked at me like I was ripping her off somehow. There was at least one left on the shelf so hopefully someone who needs them gets to it before that angered employee informs management.  ;)

I'm fucking done. I was on top of these things the second it posted, I mean I was literally eating dinner outside a Walmart a couple minutes after it went live on Slickdeals. I immediately excused myself for a minute, ran over to the store that supposedly had 4 and they say "if it's not on the floor we don't have it." Blah blah okay no where to be found, they don't even know the price, I obviously didn't mention that. I go to the next Walmart, same bullshit (mind you this is all in a 20 minute span of this shit going wide) same story. I hit a total of 4 Walmarts and I slowly see the brickseek numbers dropping of the stores I've already been to. Didn't end up with any.
Was at walmart earlier today, just happened to see they had these. Went to a different, closer walmart that showed as having 4, lady didnt even know what a switch was. Pointed her to the UPC on the hangtag, she said yes it said there were four but they put everything out. "They're probably on our new truck to go out later tonight". Whatever. Drove back to the further walmart and got a set. When I got home they showed as sold out on brickseek. Glad I got to pick these up!

Cleaned mine out. My area has a lot of SD’ers that come in and clean out the clearance sections when a big deal gets posted. Got enough controllers now for Mario party 😁

Anyone cleaning a store out is a piece of shit fyi
O boi let's not start this debate again (though I agree).

There are 8 of these joycons near me. Only worth it if I can make double my money back reselling. So does this pack actually sell for a decent price?

Customer service said you have to go to electronics because she (the only one working the CS area) doesn’t know how to login and check item numbers.. Electronics guy (I snuck around behind him) merely looked on the fucking shelf, refused to enter the number in the computer, and said nope. Pickup area took fifteen minutes and multiple represses of the call for assistance screen to get help (had to ask a stock boy pulling by to call someone) and two people who responded said they didn’t have numbers to login to either the register or the Symbol Gun. So they would merely check if they saw it. They never returned, and when I walk away I see one of the two standing right by the empty fucking Switch section shelf and he comes up to me and says “we only have the Yoshi and Zelda one, not the lime green one” (meaning they only looked for the third party GameCube/Wii controllers... and only checked the same shelf I did first thing when I got to the store). I go back up front to see if anyone would merely type the item number... multiple people finally lead me to the old lady returning to CS (manager? Boss?) she doesn’t have a scanner but knows how to find someone who does. I give her the item number and the UPC, she gets upset because the numbers are too long to read (what ten digits Jesus) so instead calls the person with the gun to come up front, and it’s the other damn Jabroni from the photography/pickup section, still carrying apparently the only Gun in the store which she also doesn’t know how to login to use, and she simply says “Chris checked the shelf and said there was none”

No wonder Walmart employees vote republican to eliminate the minimum wage, they truly are both the type of people dumb enough to want to do the same job for less money, and among the only people I’d agree to a $15/hr loophole to actually do pay them friggen Chinese factory ten cents a day wages.

Thanks for sharing the joycon deal. I was able to find two sets at my local Walmart. They’re not the colors we would prefer by my son and myself will put them to use.

I found them in the glass case buried behind a stack of grey joycon.

I'm... not fond of Republicans or Wal-Mart either. Anyway, I gave some thought to buying one of these Joy-Cons, but the problem is that 1. I don't have a Switch, 2. I don't intend to GET a Switch, and 3. Every time one of these awesome deals pops up, the Wal-Mart in Nogales is almost certain not to have them. I couldn't even get a copy of Codename STEAM for the 3DS for $5, even though it was available on the web site for that price. I have to deal with either employees with a limited grasp of English or managers who act like you're holding up the store. Nuts to that.

I found 1, left 1 at the third store I went to but the highlight was the dad who put on a giant dinosaur head and scared his toddler son, who started crying.   :lol:

Most inventories now show limited stock 0 or oos so they went fast around here.

Thanks for the heads up was able to pick up one of the two they had out.  I don't have a switch yet, but I plan on finding a cheap broken one to fix up.

No luck with the Joy-cons here. My local store showed 5, but I was told someone bought all 5 about an hour before I got there. I only wanted 1, darn it! Grats to those actually getting them :)

Yesssss got lucky. One store had 6, grabbed them all. A store close by had 4 so now I have 10 total.

Not sure if GameStop flips or ebay is the best option here.

Local store said 3 but couldn't find them, suggested I try in the morning when the normal electronics people are there. I might try before work but not expecting any change.

O boi let's not start this debate again (though I agree).

There are 8 of these joycons near me. Only worth it if I can make double my money back reselling. So does this pack actually sell for a decent price?
Looking at EBAY, they seem to vary from $50-$70 in recent auctions, including shipping.

Tbh I'd rather have a cag clear out a store than a slickdealer or sketchy Walmart employee. Lately it seems like you have to be in the store with the item in your hand when it drops price on brickseek to get it. The stores around me supposedly have a ton of those clearance laptops but surprise, they ALL seem to be 'missing' whenever I go to look.

I don't understand why anyone would waste time flipping this. Profit is terrible and more hassle than it's worth.
I don't really care about flipping them, but these joycons haven't been near as bulletproof as previous Nintendo controllers for me. I have a dead 'A' button on one and a joystick that's not working well on another. Unless you buy them with a system, they only have a 90 day warranty too! I just bought them to have four controllers per switch and to have spares! I plan on parting out one pair to fix my two issues. I also do need four full controllers because my kids play 4 player splitscreen minecraft and it doesn't work with half a controller. I'd rather they didn't use my pro controller too! I can really see why families would buy a few of these even if they're not flippers!

I don't understand why anyone would waste time flipping this. Profit is terrible and more hassle than it's worth.
Definitely agree. I'm only hoping to get a pair for multiplayer and spares in case something dies. Return rebuy probably won't work so I might not even end up with any.

I don't really care about flipping them, but these joycons haven't been near as bulletproof as previous Nintendo controllers for me. I have a dead 'A' button on one and a joystick that's not working well on another. Unless you buy them with a system, they only have a 90 day warranty too! I just bought them to have four controllers per switch and to have spares! I plan on parting out one pair to fix my two issues. I also do need four full controllers because my kids play 4 player splitscreen minecraft and it doesn't work with half a controller. I'd rather they didn't use my pro controller too! I can really see why families would buy a few of these even if they're not flippers!
I don't care if people flip them or anything, I just know the pains of Ebay, local sellin etc. Best you're gonna get after fees is probably like $50 and after buying them you're only making a $23 profit each. Flipping to Gamestop is like a $15 credit profit with the Fortnite promo.

Just heard about the deal an hour ago and just got back with a pair...thought it would be a pain but the guy just took them up front and let me u-scan them, rang up for 24 no problem

They still had 2 pair left

Guess it depends. Someone who already had to go or was close to a Walmart and bought 7-8 of them making $20 per set on eBay, it’d be an easy $140 or so. Not that that’s baller money, but $140 for about 20 minutes of actual work isn’t bad either.

Guess it depends. Someone who already had to go or was close to a Walmart and bought 7-8 of them making $20 per set on eBay, it’d be an easy $140 or so. Not that that’s baller money, but $140 for about 20 minutes of actual work isn’t bad either.
After tax and ebay cuts you're looking at less than that. This really isn't a great flip at all. I remember the days of $90 PS4's and $35 Pink 3DS XL's.

After tax and ebay cuts you're looking at less than that. This really isn't a great flip at all. I remember the days of $90 PS4's and $35 Pink 3DS XL's.
That was insane if you're talking about the K-Mart fiasco. There was a $100 Wii U fiasco at Sears too one time and the manager literally price matched 3 Wii U for me, no hassle at all. (This is when they were pretty much $280-300 on ebay.)

That was insane if you're talking about the K-Mart fiasco. There was a $100 Wii U fiasco at Sears too one time and the manager literally price matched 3 Wii U for me, no hassle at all. (This is when they were pretty much $280-300 on ebay.)
Yeah the 3DS was Kmart. I was only able to get one because someone brought up that MyGofer site you could order it from for store pickup after Kmart fixed the price on their site lol.

The $90 PS4 was Walmart back when they started price matching online in store and their employees couldn't tell the difference in first party and 3rd party seller prices on Amazon.

bread's done
Back