Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
So back to the laptops. I had bought the HP iridium for $299 and went to the store in Corona today to see if they had any at the $199 price to exchange. BS said they had 2 remaining down from 3 from a few days ago. I go to the store and get a tag from the greeter. He scans the UPC and it rings up to $150. $49 cheaper than what BS said it was. I go to customer service and explain to the lady that I wanted to exchange the laptop for the one that's cheaper. Of course she misunderstands my intentions and automatically says they don't do that. "Store manager's orders" she said. I bet she thought I wanted to price match it the moment I told her I wanted to exchange it for their cheaper model because she asked me if I had bought it there and I told her no. And the moment I said that she just shut the conversation down. So I walk to the electronics department and of course when I walk to electronics the employee working that department, a mid 40s looking hispanic man without blinking looks at my laptop and says they don't have any. That they haven't had any for a while now. I'm tired, hungry and a little peeved that I wasted my time driving there. I look over the laptops they have on display to see if I find the iridium. No luck. I accidentally almost break one of the electronics end caps with my cart and I walk to the video games aisle. They had Final Fantasy XV for $10. They were sold out on Dishonored 2 for ps4, but they had it for $5. They had Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection ps4 for $10 but of course I couldn't find any copies even with the help of another employee. They had two copies of Prey PS4 for $10 but survival horror games don't interest me. They had No Man's Sky ps4 for $15. Shadow of Mordor ps4 for $40. And that was it in terms of games worth mentioning. They only had ps4 games on clearance. No xbox games as far as I could tell.

As an aside, I went to a Wells Fargo branch and after waiting close to 15 minutes I pay attention to the music and hear some familiar tones and realize they were playing this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bW75OwVXZI

Or at least something EXTREMELY similar.

EDIT: I just checked BS again for shets and giggles and they just updated the price to $150 and it still shows 2 in stock.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=796266165

So if anybody wants to try their luck have at it. I bet they do have at least one more, but they can't be assed to look in the cages.

So back to the laptops. I had bought the HP iridium for $299 and went to the store in Corona today to see if they had any at the $199 price to exchange. BS said they had 2 remaining down from 3 from a few days ago. I go to the store and get a tag from the greeter. He scans the UPC and it rings up to $150. $49 cheaper than what BS said it was. I go to customer service and explain to the lady that I wanted to exchange the laptop for the one that's cheaper. Of course she misunderstands my intentions and automatically says they don't do that. "Store manager's orders" she said. I bet she thought I wanted to price match it the moment I told her I wanted to exchange it for their cheaper model because she asked me if I had bought it there and I told her no. And the moment I said that she just shut the conversation down. So I walk to the electronics department and of course when I walk to electronics the employee working that department, a mid 40s looking hispanic man without blinking looks at my laptop and says they don't have any. That they haven't had any for a while now. I'm tired, hungry and a little peeved that I wasted my time driving there. I look over the laptops they have on display to see if I find the iridium. No luck. I accidentally almost break one of the electronics end caps with my cart and I walk to the video games aisle. They had Final Fantasy XV for $10. They were sold out on Dishonored 2 for ps4, but they had it for $5. They had Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection ps4 for $10 but of course I couldn't find any copies even with the help of another employee. They had two copies of Prey PS4 for $10 but survival horror games don't interest me. They had No Man's Sky ps4 for $15. Shadow of Mordor ps4 for $40. And that was it in terms of games worth mentioning. They only had ps4 games on clearance. No xbox games as far as I could tell.
That's a good laptop, especially for $150. Gotta tell them that you know they have stock and ask them to actually look, and if they refuse you get someone with more authority. Makes them look bad to their superiors, since it's literally their job as sales floor associates to assist you and make sales.

That's a good laptop, especially for $150. Gotta tell them that you know they have stock and ask them to actually look, and if they refuse you get someone with more authority. Makes them look bad to their superiors, since it's literally their job as sales floor associates to assist you and make sales.Fu
fuck me. Oh well. BS is telling me they just sold the last two. So either they left them for the employees or someone actually got them to look. I managed to get the last one at 50% off, I'm fine with the price. Thanks for the advice though.

Yeah, you gotta at least ask for the department manager. The regular employees almost always never want to look for me and give me the "if it's not on the floor we don't have it" line. Today my local store dropped the i7 HP iridium to $175. I asked the department manager and she checked in the back, where all the clearance laptops were held. She didn't have it, but she brought out an HP iridium A12 for $70 and an Acer i7 for $150. Made my day. :bouncy:

Well, I confirmed with my store that they are keeping their clearance items in the back and since they are deleted, the system no longer shows where in the back they are.

I guess its better than the items all being stolen.  Just gotta find someone thats actually willing to go back there and look for stuff. 

Well, I confirmed with my store that they are keeping their clearance items in the back and since they are deleted, the system no longer shows where in the back they are.

I guess its better than the items all being stolen. Just gotta find someone thats actually willing to go back there and look for stuff.

I've been trying to track down two separate routers that clearanced at a local store. One shows 2 in stock, the other 3. No location found. I've had multiple employees check for them over different days, and today the department manager took some time and went looking for me. Struck out. They said today that when they took over this year, tons of items were missing and was still being 'cleaned up'.

I guess its better than the items all being stolen. Just gotta find someone thats actually willing to go back there and look for stuff.
Get a blue vest and head on back there into the back of store. Walmart: adventure awaits.

Remember when I first started this thread and a few people didn't think this thread was needed. That WM doesn't have clearances worth getting, it isn't nationwide, the deals are extreme YMMV, any excuse. Glad that 2 years later the thread is still going and people are finding the same type of deals that I found that lead me to create this thread. Happy hunting for items and more to come.

Remember when I first started this thread and a few people didn't think this thread was needed. That WM doesn't have clearances worth getting, it isn't nationwide, the deals are extreme YMMV, any excuse. Glad that 2 years later the thread is still going and people are finding the same type of deals that I found that lead me to create this thread. Happy hunting for items and more to come.
definitely had some lucky finds at walmart, lately it's been pretty up in the air at least in my area though, they seem to be moving things to the back faster and it's a crap shoot on if someone will go look

The beginning of the year/February had some insane deals. Some of the best I've ever found.

.03 games man, there the only things I've been able to get in on. No employee ever goes into the back to look at my stores :(

I hit the jackpot back in January at one of my local Walmarts but they haven't have a mass exodus like that since.

On a side note I could've sworn I saw Vikings Wolves of Midgard and... I think Styx for $9.88 I saw mentioned earlier in this thread. It was a universal drop. Reviews for Vikings seem to saw its a decent enough game.

Edit: nope, it was a separate thread.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367639-shadow-tactics-blades-of-the-shogun-vikings-wom-tropico-5-988-each-at-walmart-in-store-only/

I hit the jackpot back in January at one of my local Walmarts but they haven't have a mass exodus like that since.

On a side note I could've sworn I saw Vikings Wolves of Midgard and... I think Styx for $9.88 I saw mentioned earlier in this thread. It was a universal drop. Reviews for Vikings seem to saw its a decent enough game.

Edit: nope, it was a separate thread.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367639-shadow-tactics-blades-of-the-shogun-vikings-wom-tropico-5-988-each-at-walmart-in-store-only/
I’ve never seen a Walmart clearance like in January. I got so many recent games for $3-12, those 32” monitors for $49 a pop, razer bundles for $25, a 5.1 soundbar system for $30, I hope we have another in January 2019

I’ve never seen a Walmart clearance like in January. I got so many recent games for $3-12, those 32” monitors for $49 a pop, razer bundles for $25, a 5.1 soundbar system for $30, I hope we have another in January 2019
That was a sweet time to be sure. Ended up getting the $250 gaming desktop, that monitor, soundbar and $80 40' TV. Wasted a lot more money than I would have otherwise but my entertainment system looks impressive lol. It's been pretty sparse lately even with all this new stuff. Seems like it all disappears within seconds of a drop now.

I remember when K-Mart closed down they marked PS4s as $199 on their website. Went to like 3 different Walmart’s to find someone who would price match that. Good times.

Anyone know what exactly makes prices go down in some stores but not others?  Getting desperate for a PC but about to give up waiting on the Omen.  

Anyone know what exactly makes prices go down in some stores but not others? Getting desperate for a PC but about to give up waiting on the Omen.
It's all to do with upper management (not on the store level). Corporate allocates stores markdown money for certain items. Those items are usually manually dropped or automatically within the computer from corporate. Managers can not just drop prices if they have little or no markdown money left for the month.

Thanks, that makes sense.
So in the area of Memphis, that means it will be there until we have flying cars and space ships. :)
Only showing up in Brickseek anyway, which means "we can't find it". :)

It's all to do with upper management (not on the store level). Corporate allocates stores markdown money for certain items. Those items are usually manually dropped or automatically within the computer from corporate. Managers can not just drop prices if they have little or no markdown money left for the month.

I can't lie, I didn't see much need for it as there was very little or no national clearance at the time so it could give some heads up that your stores may clearance something that has been clearanced at other stores, but I'm glad you did cause it became an invaluable tool once they started doing more national clearance pricing.

Brickseek showed one WM in my city had two Fallout 3 GOTY 360 editions for $5 (they're $12.88 at all other WM's). Since it happened to be the location 5 minutes from me, I went over there and those games were nowhere to be found. I'm sure they're stowed away under a shelf or something.

DLC for Fallout 3 and NV aren't signed, so if you own the vanilla versions you can just download the DLC from somewhere online and play it on your 360. Same goes for most games with a GOTY version, like Borderlands and Bioshock.

Did you check the clearance area
Yup, first place I looked. This particular WM has a small desk where its clearance games are stacked up but there were only a few junky DS games there. I've seen PS4 games in that area before. They looked in the back for me and said it wasn't there either. Though some have their own experiences, I have personally found Brickseek to generally be very accurate when it comes to inventory, so I'm guessing (especially with more than one copy shown) that they're somewhere in the store.

Heh.  One store by me put out a bunch of the 3 cent games I guess they never sent out.  Unfortunately they ring up as out of system so they're just like "oh, they're $30 still" 

Found the Switch version of the Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack on clearance for $15. All other systems (Wii U, PS3, PS4, Xbox One) were down to $12, but you can find those at Five Below.

I think before when I was asking around trying to find Pokepark II here, there was like one person who ever found that title. I'd trade one of the other 3 cent games I got last time, plus negotiate a bit more in cash or games, if anyone finds an extra Pokepark II.

DLC for Fallout 3 and NV aren't signed, so if you own the vanilla versions you can just download the DLC from somewhere online and play it on your 360. Same goes for most games with a GOTY version, like Borderlands and Bioshock.
how does this work?

I remember tbe good ol' days of $60 Wii U's and $90 PS4'S
Not the $60 Wii Us and 3DS XLs. Happened around Black Friday 2014. Sears had a glitch weeks before Black Friday where they accidentally sold the Super Mario/Luigi U bundle and Blue 3DS XLs for $60. It was up on their site for less than 20 minutes yet kept the price up for longer than they should have.

I went to my local Sears and got the Wii U price matched from their own site and TRU to price match the 3DS. The very next morning, every other store that price matched were told NOT to price match those deals because of the giant price gap.

https://m.imgur.com/a/TsFyy

Wow, I remember trying to get those, but most of the Sears near me didn't sell video games anymore. Can't believe it's been 4 years.

We need someone to be an hero and make a glitch happen this year.

Not the $60 Wii Us and 3DS XLs. Happened around Black Friday 2014. Sears had a glitch weeks before Black Friday where they accidentally sold the Super Mario/Luigi U bundle and Blue 3DS XLs for $60. It was up on their site for less than 20 minutes yet kept the price up for longer than they should have.

I went to my local Sears and got the Wii U price matched from their own site and TRU to price match the 3DS. The very next morning, every other store that price matched were told NOT to price match those deals because of the giant price gap.

https://m.imgur.com/a/TsFyy
That's amazing. Idk what my life was like before CAG.. a poor ass gamer. Still kicking myself for missing GS flipcalypse.

That's amazing. Idk what my life was like before CAG.. a poor ass gamer. Still kicking myself for missing GS flipcalypse.
It was glorious. The glitches weren't plentiful but happened enough times to keep you excited. We knew a new glitch was bound to happen in X time and puff, it would! It's like Christmas!

bread's done
Back