Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a store that BS said had 12 sticks on hand. They actually had 4 but were behind the counter. Now for the fun part, the only employee in electronics told me 3 of them were "broken" and the other was missing the insert about $25 credit. I said I would be willing to take the one without the credit (since I was going to put it in my kid's room to use Vudu on Us). He said ok and rang it up, froze like a deer in headlights, and said I can't sell you this because it came up as $.03. I tried talking my way around it and he said nope so I nicely asked for a manager. The manager said she would sell me one of the "broken" ones no problem for $25! I said how could that be and was told it was the classic glitch in the system and tomorrow it will be fixed if I want to come back... Oh Well! Good thing it was only an extra 20mins round trip.

Went to a store that BS said had 12 sticks on hand. They actually had 4 but were behind the counter. Now for the fun part, the only employee in electronics told me 3 of them were "broken" and the other was missing the insert about $25 credit. I said I would be willing to take the one without the credit (since I was going to put it in my kid's room to use Vudu on Us). He said ok and rang it up, froze like a deer in headlights, and said I can't sell you this because it came up as $.03. I tried talking my way around it and he said nope so I nicely asked for a manager. The manager said she would sell me one of the "broken" ones no problem for $25! I said how could that be and was told it was the classic glitch in the system and tomorrow it will be fixed if I want to come back... Oh Well! Good thing it was only an extra 20mins round trip.
I would have knocked something over. A movie rack or something.

Not sure where you're looking but I only see 1 sold in May for 39.99 and the cheapest available right now is 59.99
OH gotcha, yes I suppose NEW ones are rare, but the game itself is common. That $39.99 is the only that sold since December. Used ones are still selling all the time at around $15.

And I obviously quoted Sparky in my response ‍♂
The confusion is, I had replied to both of you guys in my post, talking about two different things. So when you quoted me, it appeared at first glance you could have been referring to either one. :)

Not exactly earth shattering but picked this up today for $5 at my friendly neighborhood WM. Is $12.88 at most other locations according to Brickseek. 

[attachment=30562:fallout3.jpg]

Not gaming related, but I found one of these(Propel Star Wars Tie drone) for $40 while out looking for the Vudu sticks.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=213573164

Reviews on Amazon aren't too great, but I figured I would take a chance. I haven't had a chance to fly it, but I did open it up. It has a great display that lights up and plays recordings of several scenes.

Speaking of the Vudu sticks, I was able to find a few at one of my local stores but I did not find any at the store I found the drone at despite BS saying there were 17 in stock. 

Wow that's a Black Friday left over. No idea what year but that sticker is used on Black Friday merch.
Yeah, BS had showed 2 copies at that WM for a long time and I could never find them anywhere in the VG section. Yesterday, they suddenly appeared in one of the locked cases.

JBL Clip2 Bluetooth Speaker  SKU  51637005  for $11...was about $50.  Good reviews and my kids were asking for these anyways. :D/

JBL Clip2 Bluetooth Speaker SKU 51637005 for $11...was about $50. Good reviews and my kids were asking for these anyways. :D/
Very fishy stuff going on at 2 Walmarts in my area tonight. Brickseek showed 5 of the JBL speakers in stock at the first location. Of course, I show up and they're nowhere to be seen in Electronics. Had them look in the back and all the cages....nada. Am told they're "out of stock". Another WM 4 miles away showed *8* in stock, according to Brickseek. Same exact deal when I showed up....nowhere in sight. Only the Clip3 in stock. Love how these items just suddenly disappear. I made them look everywhere. I wonder how 13 items can just vanish from sight. One or two, I might understand.....oh well. I know I'm hardly the first CAG to experience the disappearing inventory issue.

When faced with this, there's really no way you can prove an employee is hoarding something for themselves, so all you can do is just shrug your shoulders and be on your way. Right? :)

you never know, might be hoarders lives around the same area as you that frequents this topic or other related deals sites.

i know when something shows dirt cheap on brickseek  it would say 3-4 stores around me have 4-5 each and i go  nothing is left.

you never know, might be hoarders lives around the same area as you that frequents this topic or other related deals sites.

i know when something shows dirt cheap on brickseek it would say 3-4 stores around me have 4-5 each and i go nothing is left.
But the Brickseek inventory still says 5 and 8 in stock at those two stores. That's what I don't get.

Alot of time they dont update till much later tho
Yeah I guess. I'm just suspicious because this has happened to me on a few occasions, and after about 30 minutes of "searching", suddenly all the merch is usually magically found (presumably by elves) in the back...especially right after a manager gets involved. Not sure of the experiences of other CAG's, but I have found Brickseek to be very reliable when it comes to inventory...especially when they show more than 3 or 4 in stock.

JBL Clip2 Bluetooth Speaker SKU 51637005 for $11...was about $50. Good reviews and my kids were asking for these anyways. :D/
I read the good reviews too but I guess I expected more than what it offered.

I found one a month or two back and it had a $10 clearance tag but rang up $1, was definitely worth that.

Wow that's a Black Friday left over. No idea what year but that sticker is used on Black Friday merch.
At least two stores around here never take those round stickers off of the BF games. They just put them back in the case with everything else. Too bad they no longer have BF pricing. There are games from BF three or four years ago that still have the stickers.

At least two stores around here never take those round stickers off of the BF games. They just put them back in the case with everything else. Too bad they no longer have BF pricing. There are games from BF three or four years ago that still have the stickers.
Same here. There's a persona 5 with that sticker on the cast still. Nobody that shops at walmart wants that game apparently.

Yeah I guess. I'm just suspicious because this has happened to me on a few occasions, and after about 30 minutes of "searching", suddenly all the merch is usually magically found (presumably by elves) in the back...especially right after a manager gets involved. Not sure of the experiences of other CAG's, but I have found Brickseek to be very reliable when it comes to inventory...especially when they show more than 3 or 4 in stock.
Might have a local employee checking CAG/BS/SD. Could very well hide it and buy it for themselves to keep or flip.

Might have a local employee checking CAG/BS/SD. Could very well hide it and buy it for themselves to keep or flip.
Could be. I went to 3 stores now that BS said they were in stock and, nada. I scanned the BS barcode with the Walmart app and it even told me what aisle the speakers were on. I called up 5 other stores that BS indicated in stock and, you guessed it....I'm told they don't have them. So basically, anyone who was able to get their hands on one of these....consider yourself *very* lucky.

Could be. I went to 3 stores now that BS said they were in stock and, nada. I even scanned the BS barcode and it told me what aisle the speakers were on. I called up 5 other stores that BS indicated in stock and, you guessed it....I'm told they don't have them. So basically, anyone who was able to get their hands on one of these....consider yourself *very* lucky.
This is almost always the case with me. BS usually has a lot of these deals in stock but when I go to stores, somehow half a dozen laptops or tvs are nowhere to be found and the people in electronics either dont want to help, tell me they were probably stolen, or just say they dont have them without looking. Also had things that were just posted on here go out of stock while in the store shopping for something else. Walmart is like the wild west where I'm from. Who knows what'll happen.

This is almost always the case with me. BS usually has a lot of these deals in stock but when I go to stores, somehow half a dozen laptops or tvs are nowhere to be found and the people in electronics either dont want to help, tell me they were probably stolen, or just say they dont have them without looking. Also had things that were just posted on here go out of stock while in the store shopping for something else. Walmart is like the wild west where I'm from. Who knows what'll happen.
Exactly. I heard "they must have been stolen" multiple times from employees and even managers today. While we know theft happens, to have all existing stock of the same discounted item go missing from every Walmart in a 30-mile radius from me is.....interesting, to put it mildly.

Not gaming related, but I found one of these(Propel Star Wars Tie drone) for $40 while out looking for the Vudu sticks.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=213573164

Reviews on Amazon aren't too great, but I figured I would take a chance. I haven't had a chance to fly it, but I did open it up. It has a great display that lights up and plays recordings of several scenes.

Speaking of the Vudu sticks, I was able to find a few at one of my local stores but I did not find any at the store I found the drone at despite BS saying there were 17 in stock.
I'm seeing $40 and 35 semi-locally. It's slightly less tempting now that I'm not moving to a 2 story house.

Exactly. I heard "they must have been stolen" multiple times from employees and even managers today. While we know theft happens, to have all existing stock of the same discounted item go missing from every Walmart in a 30-mile radius from me is.....interesting, to put it mildly.
Sure and then all of those same stores decide to correct their inventory at the same time too. Right.

I had a nice haul at a store in CT. Picked up the following for $10 each...

PS4
Metal Gear Survive
Sonic Forces Bonus Edition
LEGO The Ninjago Movie
Dirt 4
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
Gran Turismo Sport Steelbook
$5 FF XIV A Realm Reborn

XB1
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Complete Edition
Attack On Titan
Deadrising 4
Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

$9
Trials Fusion
Worms WMD All Stars
Wolfenstein Old Blood

Wii U
Minecraft

3DS
Fire Emblem Fates Birthright

PS4
Metal Gear Survive
LEGO The Ninjago Movie
Dirt 4
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
$5 FF XIV A Realm Reborn

XB1
Attack On Titan
Deadrising 4

$9
Trials Fusion
Worms WMD All Stars
Wolfenstein Old Blood

Wii U
Minecraft

3DS

PS4
Metal Gear Survive
LEGO The Ninjago Movie
Dirt 4
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
$5 FF XIV A Realm Reborn

XB1
Attack On Titan
Deadrising 4

$9
Trials Fusion
Worms WMD All Stars
Wolfenstein Old Blood

Wii U
Minecraft

3DS
Which store in CT was it? And was there any of this left?

Which store in CT was it? And was there any of this left?
You would ask what store, I can't remember now because I stopped at so many along my route home lol! But there wasn't much left after I got these. Lego Ninjago Movie, Worms WMD, & Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY are still there. Most of what I picked up were last copies though. There were a few other titles as well that I didn't list that I didn't bother getting.

You would ask what store, I can't remember now because I stopped at so many along my route home lol! But there wasn't much left after I got these. Lego Ninjago Movie, Worms WMD, & Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY are still there. Most of what I picked up were last copies though. There were a few other titles as well that I didn't list that I didn't bother getting.
Thats a nice way to dodge the question.. you dont have a receipt ??

Well, living in FL, I have no issues giving out his "secret spot" based on brickseek results.  The store is the one located on Colony Rd in Wallingford, CT.  Also looks like the store on Danbury Rd in New Milford has No Mans Sky down to $5 so its possible they have other games on clearance too. 

Def a good time to pick up those No Mans Skys with the "Next" update coming out Tuesday.  

A walmart a bit a ways from me has Dishonored 2 for ps4 at $12. Is that a good price for the game?
It’s alright but nothing special. It’s like 19 bucks new at Amazon, 15.99 new if if you have GCU. I wouldn’t waste my gas to save a few bucks unless you were already just going that way.

Thats a nice way to dodge the question.. you dont have a receipt ??
Yes I do but I didn't have it handy at the time I posted. You guys are really brutal sometimes. I've got no problem sharing which store as I don't live anywhere near there. But nasty replies sure make a fella think twice before posting a deal again. I've been here quite awhile & I've contributed many a deal in the past, in fact I pretty much made many aware of Kmart deals back in the day so anyone that has an issue with me revealing a store can go pound salt! Can't anyone just be nice anymore, geez!

Yes I do but I didn't have it handy at the time I posted. You guys are really brutal sometimes. I've got no problem sharing which store as I don't live anywhere near there. But nasty replies sure make a fella think twice before posting a deal again. I've been here quite awhile & I've contributed many a deal in the past, in fact I pretty much made many aware of Kmart deals back in the day so anyone that has an issue with me revealing a store can go pound salt! Can't anyone just be nice anymore, geez!
Whats the fun in that? Sucks about 90% of these prices on this page are not in any of my stores... these random Manager dump sales are awesome just not around here... they rather have stock sitting around so long the cover art is fading in the damn store

You guys are lucky.  I never see games on clearance at walmart.  I did get lucky today though.  I stopped by a walmart in a small town and picked up a Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet for $40.  Its model is smt350. 

[attachment=30579:20180723_205933.jpg]

Got 19 Vudu Sparks. Then i sell 10 for
$75 in a Pawn Shop! Thanks RaysGame

bread's done
Back