Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, I have to ask. What is the story behind the 12 cent cherries? Did she swap a upc? Was it a mismarked single apple? What is the deal with the cherries?
I never figured that out completely. My theory was a broken scale on one of the self checkout registers, but the more likely reason I think is that she was holding the bag while weighing it, making it weigh less.

I had ordered online two more 4TB hard drives to pickup in the store that has them at $35.98. When the girl brought them to the front, one of the boxes was unwrapped and opened. I grabbed both and also noticed it was lighter than the sealed one. Ended up doing a return/rebuy to get the lower price anyway and ended up only keeping the sealed one, so I'll have to end up doing this all over again to get that third hard drive.

how about users on this forum stop being pieces of shit and just post the BS link when they post a deal
Someone who posts a deal but doesn't go the extra mile and put it in a brickseek link is a piece of shit?

This is really funny coming from the guy who's only deal posted involved scanning a cheap item at self check-out in place of the more expensive one you put in your bag.

I think we all know who the real piece of shit is here.

I had ordered online two more 4TB hard drives to pickup in the store that has them at $35.98. When the girl brought them to the front, one of the boxes was unwrapped and opened. I grabbed both and also noticed it was lighter than the sealed one. Ended up doing a return/rebuy to get the lower price anyway and ended up only keeping the sealed one, so I'll have to end up doing this all over again to get that third hard drive.
This one?

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=49461781

Someone who posts a deal but doesn't go the extra mile and put it in a brickseek link is a piece of shit?

This is really funny coming from the guy who's only deal posted involved scanning a cheap item at self check-out in place of the more expensive you put in your bag.

I think we all know who the real piece of shit is here.
Not to mention how easy it is to actually search a UPC or DPCI on Brickseek. A Google search does wonders too, its really not that hard....

Not to mention how easy it is to actually search a UPC or DPCI on Brickseek. A Google search does wonders too, its really not that hard....
1) Download the "Walton" app
2) Search for item in said app
3) Find UPC/barcode on bottom of page
4) Enter UPC on brickseek Walmart page
5) Never have to complain about not having a UPC ever again

I saw a few games discounted at a couple of Walmarts near me. These discounts came from 2 separate Walmart and they had a few instock. The rest of the Walmarts were regularly priced.

Fallout 4 (PS4 - Standard Edition) - $10

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=45611533

Nioh (PS4) - $10

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55171751

No Man's Sky (PS4) - $5

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=50179422

Dead Rising 4 (PS4) - $15

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=914802706

Dishonored 2 (PS4) - $5

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55048832

Prey (PS4) - $5

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=53966168

Disgaea 5 (Switch) - $15

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55521398

My local Walmart has 5 of the Vudu sparks for 3 cents.  What is the trick to buying them? I go to self checkout with all 5 and something else that costs more?

Heads up, one of my local stores had 3 NES Classic controllers in stock. It's worth a look if you are still wanting one. I couldn't find the correct Brickseek link, I apologize.

It returning a new, unopened, item(that was bought there), they still stock without reciept past 90 days shady if there is no financial gain?

Forgot to check for Vudu Sticks, but they had a bunch of games on clearance:

$5 Games:

Sonic Unleashed   :360:

Need for Speed  :360: :ps3:

Need for Speed Rivals   :ps3:

MX vs ATV Untamed   :360:

Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition   :360:

Skate 3   :ps3:

Army of Two Devils Cartel   :360:

Assassin's Creed II   :360:

Left 4 Dead   :360:

Portal 2   :360:

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Game of the Year Edition   :360:

Sniper Ghost Warrior   :ps3:

Doom 3 BFG   :360:

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition   :360: :ps3:

Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City   :ps3:

Dragon Age Inquisition  :xb1:  :ps4:

Deus Ex Mankind Divided Day One Edition  :xb1:  :ps4:

$10 Games:

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare   :ps3:

Lego Batman The Video Game  :360:

What makes you need to check receipts? Does the alarm go off? I don't get checked in my four-college hometown, nor do they check at any of the other stores I've been to in my state.
They check my receipt every time I leave Walmart and I get checked every time I enter the store to make a return. Of course, my local Walmart is in an "urban" area. Hmmm...

Does anybody have experience convincing employees to check the back for items and advice as to how I could go about it? There's a laptop at a store nearby that has shown the same stock level for nearly two weeks now and yet when I went in yesterday it wasn't in the cage and the employees were rude and wouldn't go in the back or even unlock the cage so I had a better view of the laptops. I know Brickseek isn't entirely accurate and it could simply be an error, but when I've used it at other stores it updated inventory pretty quickly and yet this computer hasn't budged.

I feel like's a chance it is in the back somewhere, but am not sure how I should approach asking because the laptop isn't being sold on their site anymore (Only by a third party) and it does not show up in the app when I click the store.

Does anybody have experience convincing employees to check the back for items and advice as to how I could go about it? There's a laptop at a store nearby that has shown the same stock level for nearly two weeks now and yet when I went in yesterday it wasn't in the cage and the employees were rude and wouldn't go in the back or even unlock the cage so I had a better view of the laptops. I know Brickseek isn't entirely accurate and it could simply be an error, but when I've used it at other stores it updated inventory pretty quickly and yet this computer hasn't budged.

I feel like's a chance it is in the back somewhere, but am not sure how I should approach asking because the laptop isn't being sold on their site anymore (Only by a third party) and it does not show up in the app when I click the store.
Ask a manager, but always remember, BS is not official and it's not considered definitive on stock, if they check the back and don't see it don't make a fuss

Does anybody have experience convincing employees to check the back for items and advice as to how I could go about it? There's a laptop at a store nearby that has shown the same stock level for nearly two weeks now and yet when I went in yesterday it wasn't in the cage and the employees were rude and wouldn't go in the back or even unlock the cage so I had a better view of the laptops. I know Brickseek isn't entirely accurate and it could simply be an error, but when I've used it at other stores it updated inventory pretty quickly and yet this computer hasn't budged.

I feel like's a chance it is in the back somewhere, but am not sure how I should approach asking because the laptop isn't being sold on their site anymore (Only by a third party) and it does not show up in the app when I click the store.
If it doesn't say "limited stock", I'd ask a manager. Anyone else could give two shits about it and will tell you "what you see is what we have". YMMV

Also, have some common sense and show a bit of courtesy. It can go a long way.

Ask for a department manager. You can also even call that store while you're there for the store manager. Those people approved the clearance price, they want the item sold; and if they tell you they've pulled it to send back to a warehouse, then at least you've got clarification. There are also those float CS people who run around with keys and do overrides that can authorize the transaction, though they won't be much help if the floor person won't look for it. I've shown them the brickseek page a few times, and they can even scan the generated barcode with their own Walmart app to find stock and location.

I would approach it with the confidence that I knew it was there and they're just an obstacle. Don't hesitate to call them out on their bullshit if they say something like, "I know every product we have in stock and we don't have it." Most people would rather let you check than get into a confrontation about it, as long as you're not super obnoxious or yelling.

I have had quite good results in going to the pickup desk and pretrnding I placed an online order to pick up the SKU. I just let them tell me that the order isn't in the system and then I ask okay, well do you still have it somewhere, because I didn't see it on the shelves and was worried. Be polite and sincere and this can get tons of mileage towards looking for an item.

Do your stores have dedicated clearance sections? I’m not sure how else you guys are finding these deals.

Edit: nvm read the OP. Guess my question should be: do your stores have clearance sections? BEcause mine doesn’t.

I finally got a Walmart clearance score with the 70" Vizio for $599. Was extremely surprised when the gentleman rolled the gigantic TV out from the back after I politely asked him about the item. I told him that I had the UPC # and he looked it up on his handheld scanner confirming it was indeed in stock.

I guess it was just my lucky day.

Do your stores have dedicated clearance sections? I’m not sure how else you guys are finding these deals.

Edit: nvm read the OP. Guess my question should be: do your stores have clearance sections? BEcause mine doesn’t.
Most of mine locally have a dedicated clearance aisle, but I rarely find stuff I'm looking for from BS on that actual aisle

Why does Walmart hide stuff on clearance in the back? Target puts it out in front.

My experience with Walmart was I went and ask the employee in the electronics department if they had a computer in stock and he said no without even looking anything up. I waited for another employee to walk by and then asked them. The first guy sees me asking the other employee and says oh let me check the back (ass covering) and pretends that he did not understand what I was asking for. He brings out two of the computers from the back and I purchased one.

Most of mine locally have a dedicated clearance aisle, but I rarely find stuff I'm looking for from BS on that actual aisle
Mine is this way. There is a clearance aisle in the middle of the store, but its always almost all junk from every department except electronics. I never find anything good there. I have to look in the electronics section, but that is a crap shoot most of the time as well.

Mine is this way. There is a clearance aisle in the middle of the store, but its always almost all junk from every department except electronics. I never find anything good there. I have to look in the electronics section, but that is a crap shoot most of the time as well.
yeah the only electronics stuff that seems to make it to the aisle is crap like Fifa 16

Well, as someone with almost 10 years of WM electronics experience, maybe they just don’t have what you’re looking for? There are numerous reasons why that laptop might show an on hand that isn’t really there. Chances are you’re not the first person coming by asking about it, you’re probably the 10th or 20th person, and the employees already know they don’t have it. I know as a customer you don’t feel they’ve done an adequate job in helping you, but try to understand that they have probably searched for other customers already and don’t feel the need to search again.

We just had a slew of clearance on laptops and tablets, some damn good prices. I love helping people find deals. But they went super quick. Now we have the sleazeballs, the people who come in wanting to buy all of it so they can turn around and resell for much higher prices. And they get upset if we say we don’t have something that apps show we have, or if we say we don’t have any in the back. I mean, we stock and bin and label and cap all of this stuff, we’d know if it were back there. In your case maybe the on hand showing is a display, or a clearance laptop not sold correctly, or was marked down again and not scanned correctly, or was stolen. And often times salaries members of management that are required to remove stock from inventory like that, are too lazy or hesitant to do so, which can lead to certain items showing in stock for weeks or longer when it’s not actually there. Stuff like laptops can be especially tricky because of displays and clearance.

If you want to be very sure about it, talk to the department manager. If that person is someone you’ve already talked to, ask for a salaried member of management. Tell them the Walmart app shows it in stock, don’t tell them the app is Brickseek or anything. Have the UPC ready.

It helps to have willing associates. If you came to or called my store about this, to be honest, I wouldn’t even be able to give you a straight answer on a couple item types because the door to the metal bins where we keep stuff like this is broken on one side, has been for months, and management doesn’t care to get it fixed. So basically if a customer wants something from the right side of the cage, they’re good. If it’s the left, they’re SOL.

If you know for a fact that any of the managers at this store are good people, get them. Even if you ask a department manager or salaried member of management, you can still run into lazy people who don’t care. And remember, there’s always corporate. Nothing lights a fire under a managers butt more than an email from the district manager.

I find that not showing brickseek is the best way to go. Pull up the UPC codes in advance and have them scan it with one of their pdas. When they're missing an item that's $200 or more it's a little hard for them to just say that they don't have it. With TVs, the floor models and damaged returns can skew inventory numbers.

I got lucky and was looking for an LG G6 at a store that previously showed 1 in stock. Right after inventory the number went from 1 to 2. After speaking with the contract cellular person she made a concerted effort to go in the back and look through all the locked cages. She found one that has been in that store for months but no one would actually go looking for it. Got it for $139. There's still another one that was counted but unfound.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I find that not showing brickseek is the best way to go. Pull up the UPC codes in advance and have them scan it with one of their pdas. When they're missing an item that's $200 or more it's a little hard for them to just say that they don't have it. With TVs, the floor models and damaged returns can skew inventory numbers.

I got lucky and was looking for an LG G6 at a store that previously showed 1 in stock. Right after inventory the number went from 1 to 2. After speaking with the contract cellular person she made a concerted effort to go in the back and look through all the locked cages. She found one that has been in that store for months but no one would actually go looking for it. Got it for $139. There's still another one that was counted but unfound.

I imagine they 'know' what you're doing by now, nobody magically had a pregenerated UPC for a specific item just hapenstance on their phone, just be polite about it, if you're acting like a dick and pulling the WELL BS SAYS card then nobody is gonna help

I imagine they 'know' what you're doing by now, nobody magically had a pregenerated UPC for a specific item just hapenstance on their phone, just be polite about it, if you're acting like a dick and pulling the WELL BS SAYS card then nobody is gonna help
Some Walmart listings have UPC codes in the description and a Google search can produce the number. The average employee is too dumb to figure out how to look at item up but if it's scanning or entering a UPC, you've done the hard work for them.

I totally disagree about not showing them Brickseek. It's a website with their store information, inventory, price, Walmart SKU and UPC. You're trying to get them to question their inventory and motivate them to look for you, and providing what seems like detailed and credible written information sourced from a third party can't make you fail at getting the item any more than you already are. Even if they do it to prove you wrong, you're getting a definite answer over an unknown. Same goes with speaking to managers about inventory and honoring prices. You want to know for certain.

I've often wondered if you put on a dark blue polo, khakis, made yourself a name tag, and walked to the back yourself, if anyone would notice.  Same goes for putting on a red shirt at Target.  I mean, I've had people come up to me in some stores and ask if I work there over the years when you make the mistake of wearing something remotely like the employees do.

I've often wondered if you put on a dark blue polo, khakis, made yourself a name tag, and walked to the back yourself, if anyone would notice. Same goes for putting on a red shirt at Target. I mean, I've had people come up to me in some stores and ask if I work there over the years when you make the mistake of wearing something remotely like the employees do.
Just walk around saying to everyone, "we're all out of stock, sorry"...you'll be getting a paycheck and company shirt in no time.

Just walk around saying to everyone, "we're all out of stock, sorry"...you'll be getting a paycheck and company shirt in no time.
kramer.jpg

I should try this. Apparently I look like I work in retail.

I mean, I live in the south so when I'm out shopping I'm usually sweaty (may be I look like I'm hard at work heh). I have long hair and facial hair. I wear print t-shirts, so obviously not in any sort of a uniform. I still get stopped over and over in just about any kind of store "excuse me, do you work here". Sometimes I say screw it and help the person find what ever they are looking for.

bread's done
Back