Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
The r2d2 droid kit was $35 at my local WM. They also had some $1 plaid George shirts, a Steven Universe van for $4 and the Rick/Morty Spaceship/garage set for $7

The Hisense 65in 4k/hdr tv. They showed 3 in stock for $249, but looks like they share a SKU or something... so it rang up $648

Picked up the following games on clearance at a local Walmart (Shaw/Brawley in beautiful sunny Fresno,CA)

:3ds: Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology $15.00

:ps4: Rick & Morty Virtual Rick-ality $12.00

:ps4: Battlezone $3.00

:ps4: Knack 2 $8.00

Left some other stuff behind including:

Stern Pinball Arcade  :ps4: $6 :xb1: $12

Elder Scrolls Morrowind GOTY  :360:  $3 used

Dragon Quest VIII :3ds: $20

Monster Hunter Generations :3ds: $12

Octopath Traveller :switch: $50 

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition :ps4: $33

This store is pending a move across the street so that might be the reason for so many unexpected markdowns.

My Walmart had agents of mayhem for $6 and Link Between Worlds for $10, and though it’s no big deal the Switch version of LA Noire for $30

Legos were not tagged right. I bought 2x LEGO Friends Stephanie's House, 1x LEGO Friends Snow Resort Ice Rink and one of each Lego Brick Headz Thanos and Lego Brick Headz Chewbacca. I bought the last LEGO Friends Snow Resort Hot Chocolate Van the other day and the LEGO Creator Modular Modern Home for $13. Brickseek shows the LEGO Friends Snow Resort Ski Lift, LEGO Friends Snow Resort Chalet and the LEGO Creator Modular Modern Home for the prices listed below. They were out of stock at my Walmart.

$13

LEGO Friends Stephanie's House 41314  

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=133523697

LEGO Friends Snow Resort Ski Lift 41324

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=486950535

LEGO Friends Snow Resort Hot Chocolate Van 41319

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55126275

LEGO LEGO Friends Snow Resort Ice Rink 41322     

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=391035894

$5

LEGO Creator Modular Modern Home 31068

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=797736314

$7

LEGO Friends Snow Resort Chalet 41323

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=885778683

$2.50

Lego Brick Headz Thanos

Lego Brick Headz Chewbacca

[attachment=30763:IMG_0026.jpg][attachment=30764:IMG_0025.jpg][attachment=30766:IMG_0028.jpg][attachment=30767:IMG_0024.jpg][attachment=30769:IMG_0031.jpg][attachment=30768:IMG_0030.jpg]

Super jelly of that modular house, looks like its near full price everywhere near me. Nice prices on the other ones too.

Update: They're gone now.

If anyone around Rincon, Ga is looking for those $184 computers, they just marked them down less than an hour ago. I bought 2 and there should be 2 left.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=782467792
I wonder if this was a mistake. I was keeping track of this seeing some stores near me have the price drop but other stores closer didn't, waiting to see if those would drop. Most of the stores with $184 computers sold out fast, but one of the stores with them later changed them to $679 instead.

I wonder if this was a mistake. I was keeping track of this seeing some stores near me have the price drop but other stores closer didn't, waiting to see if those would drop. Most of the stores with $184 computers sold out fast, but one of the stores with them later changed them to $679 instead.
Looks like the store I got mine from marked it up to $679. I thought it was odd that they didn't gradually mark it down.

Months back I got turned down on a fat stack of Other M's and a manager marked them up to $30 each.

Today I noticed someone else had noticed that price....wasn't right.

I walked back to my car with nine copies and can of coke for seventy-eight cents.

giphy.gif

Months back I got turned down on a fat stack of Other M's and a manager marked them up to $30 each.

Today I noticed someone else had noticed that price....wasn't right.

I walked back to my car with nine copies and can of coke for seventy-eight cents.

giphy.gif
That's really cheap cocaine

Anyone interested in My Life Dolls and accessories? This is what I remembered from my local store. Brickseek shows different prices on some of the items at other stores around the area.

$4/$3/$1
My Life As Ice Cream Playset
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=621402517

$9
My Life As Hot Dog Bike and Cart - Doll Accessory
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=295874796

$7/$5
My Life As School Boy, 18" Doll  
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=843256025

$13/$7/$5
My Life As 18-inch Soccer Captain Doll - Medium Brown Hair
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=443720256

$7
My Life As 18-inch Soccer Captain Doll - Dark Brown Hair
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=846382381

got these on clearance today at the Bay City MI store:

all xbox 1:

Disney Rush $5

Disneyland Adventures $5

Scribblenauts Showdown $5

Micromachines $1

FIFA 16 $1

FIFA 17 $1

Just Sing $1 (I am aware the online was taken down)

They also had:

Just Dance Disney 2 $1 (requires kinect)

Tales From The Borderlands $3

Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy $7

Scribblenauts Showdown PS4 $5

Elderscrolls Online PS4 $7

New game for the 3 cent list — at least I don’t remember seeing it on there — NBA 2K14 for PS3 (I assume 360 would be the same.) Found a couple of these at a nearby Walmart.

I happened by a Walmart today and noticed all the various PS4 controller had a new low price of like 45.96 or something like that.

Is it normal practice for Walmart to increase prices on items that they had put on clearance? I was watching the price of a phone that was on clearance for $59 dollars and it went back up to $89 (not just one store, 2 stores had it on clearance).

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash $17
Paper Mario Color Splash $21

Is it a CAG move that I was willing to buy Paper Mario for $21 but I can’t bring myself to buy Shadow of Mordor GotY edition for $20?

At least I’m responsible enough to have not bought Mario Tennis.

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash $17
Paper Mario Color Splash $21

Is it a CAG move that I was willing to buy Paper Mario for $21 but I can’t bring myself to buy Shadow of Mordor GotY edition for $20?

At least I’m responsible enough to have not bought Mario Tennis.
NAh, because you know how it is with Nintendo stuff — the prices never go down much. That’s a really fun game, by the way.

Thank you for the heads up.

FYI for everyone, these are $5 at five below and have been for several months.

*sigh* Im so tired of looking for these sets. Even when Brickseek and the Walmart app say they are in stock (albeit limited), I cant find them even when asking for assistance.

Was hoping to find the cheapest option, but may breakdown and get the Amazon $18-$20 priced one, or hold off and hope for ones nearer to Christmas (which is what Im buying it for).

I wonder why this game became so worthless. Walmart is the third retailer to firesale this game nationwide.
It's impossible to play without the AC figures/cards. The first time I bought into that scheme was on the GC was the e-reader cards. The figures are nice for display purposes if you can find them for cheap enough, but I won't even touch another useless AC trading card pack.

It's impossible to play without the AC figures/cards. The first time I bought into that scheme was on the GC was the e-reader cards. The figures are nice for display purposes if you can find them for cheap enough, but I won't even touch another useless AC trading card pack.
The game comes with 2 amiibo figures so as long as you buy it new you should be able to play it with 2 people out of box. Its pretty mindless fun for about 45 minutes per session (for two people, more for 3 or 4 I'm guessing). I wouldn't pay more than $5 to $10 for it new though.

Gamestop actually had a pretty good deal on it a few months ago (it may still be active) where they were selling new converted to used copies of it for $4.99 each (cheaper if you have Power Up Pro).

*sigh* Im so tired of looking for these sets. Even when Brickseek and the Walmart app say they are in stock (albeit limited), I cant find them even when asking for assistance.

Was hoping to find the cheapest option, but may breakdown and get the Amazon $18-$20 priced one, or hold off and hope for ones nearer to Christmas (which is what Im buying it for).
theyre starting to sell out after being there for months but you may still be able to find them at 5 below

they were selling the starter pack, and the crash adventure pack

That had to be an employee/manager changing the price. No way anyone in the right mind would let that go through and let it go on the floor

Yeah that must be someone cheating the system. My 3 closest Walmarts take $49.99 items, put $49.88 clearance tags on them, and throw them in an aisle to rot. Couldn't imagine one selling a Pro for $2.

The prices on these dropped again. They had 3 :wiiu: Skylanders Imaginators: Starter Packs  and one

:wiiu: Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival  left. They also had several Skylanders Imaginators: Portal Owners Packs.

Skylanders Imaginators: Starter Packs $5

Skylanders Imaginators: Portal Owners Packs $3

:wiiu: Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival $4

bread's done
Back