Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
My local Walmart has the Smash Bros bundle for sale. Springfield, MA. I didn't buy because I already have a switch and can't afford another one. They only had the bundle. No separate game.

It was priced $359.99

I was actually looking that up, considering the X was available yesterday for $368 in that other thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhqpQEcv9rE

I own a 4K TV, but the difference there seems pretty small to me. Microsoft is migrating a lot of their IP's to PC, where I can get the res and fps at the same time without having to switch modes. The only reason I want one is to play all the GWG titles I've been getting these past few years, plus I got that very cheap GamePass a while ago. Thinking the X is only worth it if your PC is a toaster.
Just remember, you'll only notice a real difference if you're viewing the video/pictures in true 4k as well. I've found it's a substantial difference, some games are as big of a difference as from late last-gen to early current-gen for sure. Then in many games you can also choose supped up graphics or slightly better graphics with 60fps.

Just remember, you'll only notice a real difference if you're viewing the video/pictures in true 4k as well. I've found it's a substantial difference, some games are as big of a difference as from late last-gen to early current-gen for sure. Then in many games you can also choose supped up graphics or slightly better graphics with 60fps.
I don't agree with this. I was 20 hours into Assassins Creed: Origins on my OG Xbox One when I got the X. The difference was more than I expected.

I might bite on this deal now. I know BF might have a few better deals -- maybe? Still, even if wired controller(s), when you factor in the RDR2, I guess it is a good deal overall.

This seems like a pretty good deal to me: Xbox One S 1TB Your Choice Of Bundle + 2 Controllers + Red Dead Redemption 2 + $5 Microsoft Store Gift Card - $259.00

https://www.walmart.com/co/Choice-of-Microsoft-Xbox-One-S-1TB-with-BONUS-Game-and-2-BONUS-Controllers-and-BONUS-Microsoft-Gift-Card/764600048

I might bite on this deal now. I know BF might have a few better deals -- maybe? Still, even if wired controller(s), when you factor in the RDR2, I guess it is a good deal overall.
It's a helluva deal considering that Red Dead is going for $60 by itself at most retailers. That said, I'm to pass. After playing a few games that I had backlogged in my X1 library last night, I'm decided I'm going to stick with my VCR model for a while longer and that I don't really need to invest in the S model right now. Hoping I can find a cheap external hard drive or two on Black Friday for more space. After posting last night, it dawned on me that everyone in my immediate family has a November or December birthday, and with Christmas coming too, I've gotta buy gifts for other people. Damn my generous nature.

I don't agree with this. I was 20 hours into Assassins Creed: Origins on my OG Xbox One when I got the X. The difference was more than I expected.
Was more than you expected, so you DO agree with me...just not what I quoted? Or...lol. But yes personally I thought the difference was rather huge. It reminded me of the difference when I played the first Destiny on the 360, and then played it on the OGXB1. Some of the games like RE7 or FFXIV look so much better it's almost jarring...and in some other games (BF1 comes to mind) the actual gameplay looks better than the cut scenes!

Kudos on the generous nature. That can be a rare trait to find these days! I used to do that and this year I decided why not "treat" myself? I rarely -- if ever -- buy myself anything that some might think is trivial but after the "rough patch" I have had off/on this year, I just thought I would do something (buy something?) for me this holiday season. Of course, once I do this I'll probably find a cheap external HD on sale during BF LOL. Btw, happy birthday(s) to those in your immediate family in NOV/DEC.

It's a helluva deal considering that Red Dead is going for $60 by itself at most retailers. That said, I'm to pass. After playing a few games that I had backlogged in my X1 library last night, I'm decided I'm going to stick with my VCR model for a while longer and that I don't really need to invest in the S model right now. Hoping I can find a cheap external hard drive or two on Black Friday for more space. After posting last night, it dawned on me that everyone in my immediate family has a November or December birthday, and with Christmas coming too, I've gotta buy gifts for other people. Damn my generous nature.

Kudos on the generous nature. That can be a rare trait to find these days! I used to do that and this year I decided why not "treat" myself? I rarely -- if ever -- buy myself anything that some might think is trivial but after the "rough patch" I have had off/on this year, I just thought I would do something (buy something?) for me this holiday season. Of course, once I do this I'll probably find a cheap external HD on sale during BF LOL. Btw, happy birthday(s) to those in your immediate family in NOV/DEC.
Thank you. You seem like the kind of person who deserves to score a good deal like this one. I always buy gifts for the kids, and the other adults have better jobs than I do, but they'll get something small. Besides, I've got plenty of games to play already and just wanted more space to download games. Bing points are going to fund my digital purchases during Microsoft's inevitable Thanksgiving sale. I think that we often get caught up in the fervor of deals being so good that we just buy stuff because it's on sale. Truthfully, I spend more time gaming on my Android devices than I do on my PS4, Xbox One, or PC. None of those get the time that they deserve, so I don't need to upgrade. And I've had a cheap X1 Kinect for a while that I keep meaning to try out that won't work on the S or the X without buying an expensive adapter. So, I'm going to back away from the table this time.

Was more than you expected, so you DO agree with me...just not what I quoted? Or...lol. But yes personally I thought the difference was rather huge. It reminded me of the difference when I played the first Destiny on the 360, and then played it on the OGXB1. Some of the games like RE7 or FFXIV look so much better it's almost jarring...and in some other games (BF1 comes to mind) the actual gameplay looks better than the cut scenes!
I apparently can't read 😂

I wish they carried the 8" version of this with a similar price drop, I need something new to read on.
I couldn't find it on brickseek(Not accustomed to the site) but I did find a 8" Huawei for 49.00 at a NC Walmart. I was looking for 10 inch but seems like someone beat me to it.

So you may just have to check the tablet cases. Good luck!

I couldn't find it on brickseek(Not accustomed to the site) but I did find a 8" Huawei for 49.00 at a NC Walmart. I was looking for 10 inch but seems like someone beat me to it.

So you may just have to check the tablet cases. Good luck!
Do you have the DCPI or UPC number to check the 8" Huawei on Brickseek?

Few near me at 49, might pick one up to replace my Nexus 7
Congrats on even having one still. I bought the 2012 model in 2013 and had to replace the screen and charging port two times each before throwing it in 2014. Bought a $50 Kindle Fire in 2015, which I've used a lot, and it still runs great. No parts replaced yet.

Woot had a deal for 2015 Fire 7" refurbs for $15 each, and I couldn't help but buy 2 more. They refunded me for one of them but still sent both. Should've picked up more as gifts. Great quality device for everyday use, and I play more advanced games on my phone or PC anyway.

Congrats on even having one still. I bought the 2012 model in 2013 and had to replace the screen and charging port two times each before throwing it in 2014. Bought a $50 Kindle Fire in 2015, which I've used a lot, and it still runs great. No parts replaced yet.

Woot had a deal for 2015 Fire 7" refurbs for $15 each, and I couldn't help but buy 2 more. They refunded me for one of them but still sent both. Should've picked up more as gifts. Great quality device for everyday use, and I play more advanced games on my phone or PC anyway.
Always heard good things about the Nexus. I have a first gen, I think, and it held up well even mostly being used by my kids after I got it on a deal at GS. They still use it.

I got a Fire HD 8 last spring and they really are great quality, especially once I added in the Google Play store. Games are slower than on my S8, but that's to be expected.

And I'm still tempted by this ten inch tablet. From my touchpad to my early Samsung Tab to my Surface, I've liked having a 10 inch tablet even though I do take the Fire 8 to work and watch movies on my break sometimes.

Few by the Sam's Club I'm about to head over to for $49... We need a new tablet to use as our main "family tablet", mainly want something for educational apps so my kids can practice math and spelling, etc. Mine is an old Tab from 2013, which is ancient in terms of tablets. These seem to have good reviews, but odd that on Amazon they all seem to be priced above MSRP. If they're actually selling at that price that's not good, means these clearance ones will go quick.

Few by the Sam's Club I'm about to head over to for $49... We need a new tablet to use as our main "family tablet", mainly want something for educational apps so my kids can practice math and spelling, etc. Mine is an old Tab from 2013, which is ancient in terms of tablets. These seem to have good reviews, but odd that on Amazon they all seem to be priced above MSRP. If they're actually selling at that price that's not good, means these clearance ones will go quick.
Pro-tip: If you can stop it from automatically updating the firmware to the newest Android version, do it. As an Android enthusiast, I've found that a lot of good older games won't work since the games themselves haven't been updated. Jade Empire is one of those. Soul Calibur (if you bought it before Namco-Bandai delisted it) is another. Of course, if you don't care about Android games, this is a complete waste of a post.

Pro-tip: If you can stop it from automatically updating the firmware to the newest Android version, do it. As an Android enthusiast, I've found that a lot of good older games won't work since the games themselves haven't been updated. Jade Empire is one of those. Soul Calibur (if you bought it before Namco-Bandai delisted it) is another. Of course, if you don't care about Android games, this is a complete waste of a post.
Oh I'm sure we'll put some games on it too haha, I even have a couple nice BT controllers just for that purpose (well, mainly for ROMS). That one of the things I run into with my '13 tablet, won't even work with a lot of the newer stuff because it's just too old and not supported and they stopped releasing Android updates for it. I'm sure I could get some more life out of it if I tried but it's basically become my eReader.

Oh I'm sure we'll put some games on it too haha, I even have a couple nice BT controllers just for that purpose (well, mainly for ROMS). That one of the things I run into with my '13 tablet, won't even work with a lot of the newer stuff because it's just too old and not supported and they stopped releasing Android updates for it. I'm sure I could get some more life out of it if I tried but it's basically become my eReader.
Sounds good. I'm still rocking a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. It's a workhorse, but it can really only handle low-end Android games at this point which is fine because I mainly use it during lunch breaks. I use my Android TV devices for gaming on the big screen in the living room. If you've already got a controller, it sounds like you're set. Let us know how good the Huawei worked out!

What does zero quantity but limited stock mean on brickseek? They may only have one left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I was gonna get the 8" Huawei but the Walmart that had it lost the keys overnight to the display and is waiting for a locksmith lol

What does zero quantity but limited stock mean on brickseek? They may only have one left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It either means the display is what's left, they have ONE more unit, OR it's zero quantity but limited stock because one of them got stolen or was claims'ed and the system hasn't reconciled the fact that the store is down one unit. Either of these is a possibility, there's no one singular answer because it's a case by case basis with each store.

buncha Jack Links products (beef jerky) got cleared out really cheap, they're a bit higher in sugar than my taste for keto use, but pretty good deal considering how expensive beef jerky stuff is

Tender Cuts Prime Rib - $0.1 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=44933294

Beef Snack Stick - $0.1 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=47307996

Beef Snack Stick Teriyaki - $0.1 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=38290791

Turkey Slim Jim - $0.1 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=119774095

buncha Jack Links products (beef jerky) got cleared out really cheap

Tender Cuts Prime Rib - $0.1 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=44933294
Beef Snack Stick - $0.1 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=47307996
Beef Snack Stick Teriyaki - $0.1 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=38290791
Turkey Slim Jim - $0.1 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=119774095
I would buy these if my teeth were strong enough. As it is, I didn't buy a pumpkin for Halloween because I already look like a jack o' lantern.

buncha Jack Links products (beef jerky) got cleared out really cheap, they're a bit higher in sugar than my taste for keto use, but pretty good deal considering how expensive beef jerky stuff is

Thanks for the heads up. Local store has a few of the Tender Cuts Prime Rib for $2 each, which is about 50% off, and good enough for me!

picked up the Huawei 8", if nothing else it should be a good speed boost compared to my original Nexus 7, maybe upgrade on BF if a good full HD option shows up

the Huawei has a lot of bloatware pre-installed, and I guess there aren't any custom / stock roms for it, not sure I'd recommend tbh, would get something more pure android

edit: was able to uninstall the bloat apps, but still no apparent way to get to a stock android experience

the Huawei has a lot of bloatware pre-installed, and I guess there aren't any custom / stock roms for it, not sure I'd recommend tbh, would get something more pure android

edit: was able to uninstall the bloat apps, but still no apparent way to get to a stock android experience
Was debating on getting one of these for an ereader since my iPad is just too unwieldy for books. How's the speed? Is it stuttery?

Was debating on getting one of these for an ereader since my iPad is just too unwieldy for books. How's the speed? Is it stuttery?
Honestly I kinda wish it was the size of my Nexus 7, even at 8" it feels a lil big, if they had a 7" at walmart also I woulda gone with that.

It feels snappy enough considering it's powered by a snapdragon 425, think it'll take a lil time to really grow on me but it was the right price point for what it is. I would not advise the 10" purely because the resolution is the same between the 8 and 10, so your pixel density is gonna drop.

The lack of the ability to go to a pure Android is kinda a bummer, but you can remove the bloatware apps so it's not that bad, and it's powered by a MUI based ui

bread's done
Back