Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
well.... fudge. store 15 min away showing wolfenstein and mario for wii in stock at the low price. problem is..... its currently snowing and roads are terrible.

eXACTLY but for whatever reason he always blames us..

hoping he resurrects himself on...oh lets say, perhaps a MEIJER clearance thread?

We jus got one in our area so could use the homie's daily clearance links..

oNe
Every time you post, I'm reminded of Seth Green as "Special K" in Can't Hardly Wait. For the sake of humanity, chill tf out man.

Stop spewing nonsense. They have excellent response time with very low motion blur. Check reviews. Not to mention the lowest input lag of any major brand. Almost all high end tvs don't do 120hz at over 1080p anyway and if you're talking about screen sizes 55>, then resolutions that low look heinous. You're either confusing motion interpolation with true 120/144hz gaming or being disingenuous. There's a reason 40+ inch 144hz 4k monitors cost more than Oled tvs.

The 2017 oleds were the first ones to do 120hz gaming and it's not great. My 120hz 2016 B6 Oled doesnt even do 120refresh with games, despite being a true 120hz panel
I can't believe I'm even responding to this crap. I was going to leave it at saying just that, but then I'd be accused of being dismissive. So against my better judgement, here we go...

You probably think that OLEDs have the best motion handling too. Guess what? They don't. Lots of people don't go with LG OLEDs because of the way they handle motion during video playback. Some people that want an OLED even go with a Sony OLED instead because they have better motion processing. That's one of the reasons why Sony charges more for their sets and certain experts and enthusiasts will still buy them. It's Sony's niche. LG OLEDs stutter at times.

If TCLs were just as good as the higher priced competitors then everyone would be buying them because they are cheaper. But nope, they have worse HDR, lower brightness, and poor motion processing by comparison. It can be seen plain as day. You get what you pay for. You're going to have a superior modern gaming experience on a Sony or a Samsung any day of the week. (Or an LG OLED if that's what you prefer.) It's one of the main reasons why people still buy LCDs: the brightness and its associated HDR.

ain't nobody talking about gaming input lag either, so gtfo with that pair of redundant initial strawman replies.

Of course gaming is capped at 60 fps for 4K content with a PS4 on a television so stop misrepresenting my post. There are benefits to having 120hz native refresh rate and all the good TVs have it. A true 120hz refresh rate can improve the picture quality a bit by reducing motion blur. The extra refresh rates could conceivably help eliminate screen tearing in something that is outputting at 60fps. My own tv can do 120hz at 1080p over HDMI. XB1S and XB1X have also been updated to be able to do 120hz. It's just that the pipeline (your HDMI cord) is not big enough to do 120hz at 4K. HDMI 2.0 bandwidth is limited to just a maximum resolution of 1440p with 120hz. This is going to remain the case until HDMI 2.1 is certified and used by our equipment. The bottom line is that if you're buying a TV today to last into the future, you're going to want to have native 120hz refresh rate if you can get one.

I don't appreciate people misrepresenting the spirit of my post with series' of disingenuous strawman replies. Amazing how many people on here don't have shit to say unless it's chiming in to tell someone they are wrong. TCLs are fine, LG OLEDs are fine, whatever you like or prefer is fine. The goal of this reply is not to crap all over TCL; they are perfectly good televisions for the money. But all content looks worse on TCLs by comparison to high-end TVs. period. end of story. That's why they are value televisions. Or else everybody would be buying TCLs bc they are signifcantly cheaper.

Spend a little time on expert forums and then maybe you'll understand why people are still buying the more expensive brands. Like what you want to like, but don't enter a discussion about performance calling things "nonsense" and then going "TCLs are just as good as everything else at videos games because of input lag HURR". You're obviously someone that relies on rtings review scores for comparison and doesn't know how to differentiate an 8.3 from an 8.2, how they arrived at those scores, and why it doesn't mean that one is almost just as good as the other. Do you know why people buy Z9D and Z9F's for $2500+? Because people want the light canon brightness and the color contrast. That extra ONE THOUSAND nitts of peak brightness is not quantified on a Rtings.com review score.

We'd all be buying LG and TCL if everyone thought like you and that simply isn't the case.

TL;DR High-end Sony, LG, and Samsung televisions are all better than TCL for gaming and BD and UHD disc playback. Too bad Samsungs don't do Dolby Vision.

@Nothing

I confess, I didn't follow the entire thread and if your response was partially (or mostly) concerning video playback then you're right. That's not what I'm talking about.

In the lcd TV as a computer monitor space (I.e. at 43 inches and below) , tcls have the lowest response time and lowest input lag. That's a fact. At the high end and high size, lgs are rated as high or higher for gaming than the Sony oleds because they have identical amounts of motion blur and same 0 response time as the Sony oled but are brighter and have lower input lag. These are also facts. Any sample and hold technology isn't going to be able to reach the 900+ lines of motion resolution as the best plasma like my kuro 9.5g D-nice calibrated one did (been in that community for 15 years so nice assumptions about being 'casual'). They all use various methods to increase this but most have detrimental effects on light output which I'm unwilling to accept.

The reason I bought a b6 was it had the best dark room picture quality at the time I bought it in a non curved form factor. Sonny's oled was reviewed marginally better and does exhibit less stutter in 24fps content but I don't watch that many hddvds anymore.

Out of curiousity, what TV do you own?

Random question... anyone looking to trade some $3 games?

A store somewhat near me may have Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, which I already own. Really looking to get Pokemon Y which isn’t in stock anywhere.

A store somewhat near me may have Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, which I already own. Really looking to get Pokemon Y which isn’t in stock anywhere.
Any chance you looking for Omega Ruby? I have an extra that I grabbed hoping to trade for AS.

Every time you post, I'm reminded of Seth Green as "Special K" in Can't Hardly Wait. For the sake of humanity, chill tf out man.
^^ inglés por favor

no one understands or gets your idyllic references MOCO

JEEBUS, now we know why the homeboy Jurai left this chat..

with fellow posters like this guy....PHEWie...

can ya blame him?

oNe

p.s. PROPS to Mr. Chavez for putting all the BRICKSEEK links into one post, NICELY DONE!!

p.s.s. none of my prices came close to any of the amounts posted, anyone else experiencing that? i.e. Last Guardian is $19.99, Lego is $19.99, ect, ec t.

^^ inglés por favor

can ya blame him?

oNe

p.s. PROPS to Mr. Chavez for putting all the BRICKSEEK links into one post, NICELY DONE!!

p.s.s. none of my prices came close to any of the amounts posted, anyone else experiencing that? i.e. Last Guardian is $19.99, Lego is $19.99, ect, ec t.
Get a headache reading this. If I had to go out of my way to type like this everytime I would probably have to get the headache checked for a tumor. No offense.

I have an extra Y I'd trade for Alpha Sapphire. Lmk if you can get one

I found some more titles for 3 bucks...
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity

Sonic Sega Genesis Classics both 360 and PS3

Found SSB Wii U for 3 at a store on BS, then checked again a couple days later and it was back at 60!

^^ inglés por favor

can ya blame him?

oNe
English? Ok, sure ghetto monkey. You're 2 years younger than me so stop acting like a 10 year hopped up on Red Bull and pixie dust trying to impress the "squad" on CoD. Seriously, your posts are toxic sludge. Drop a quartet of baby amphibians in them and we might get a really obnoxious mutant karate squad.

Jurai? Don't you dare bring that evil on me Ricky Bobby. You pestered him like he was Bieber and you needed that pic. His leaving certainly was not of my doing and don't ever again try to pass that shit off.

I'm not the first nor only person to point out your posts being ridiculous, unnecessary, and a cancer on the eyes of the rest of the forum. Be you but be less you in your posts if that means polluting our days with mindless drivel masked as "edgy"

Thank you for the informative roundup trchavez416!

Though I think New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) might actually be this one:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=46368175

The one you linked comes up with no results in my area at all but this one does (though none for $3). Anyway, not sure.
Yeah, I think you're correct...IIRC, that game was one of the ones that someone mentioned but didn't provide a SKU or whatever. Or maybe I just fudged it up...whatever. Lol...I fixed it in the post and put your link up there. Thanks!

English? Ok, sure ghetto monkey. You're 2 years younger than me so stop acting like a 10 year hopped up on Red Bull and pixie dust trying to impress the "squad" on CoD. Seriously, your posts are toxic sludge. Drop a quartet of baby amphibians in them and we might get a really obnoxious mutant karate squad.
Jurai? Don't you dare bring that evil on me Ricky Bobby. You pestered him like he was Bieber and you needed that pic. His leaving certainly was not of my doing and don't ever again try to pass that shit off.
I'm not the first nor only person to point out your posts being ridiculous, unnecessary, and a cancer on the eyes of the rest of the forum. Be you but be less you in your posts if that means polluting our days with mindless drivel masked as "edgy"
"Ghetto monkey"

Wtf dude

I havent been keeping up on TV prices but

Sharp 55” Class 4K Ultra HD (2160P) Android Smart LED TV with Dolby Vision HDR is 29% off for 249
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=698760065

Which seems stupid cheap for what looks to be a nice tv but I might be wrong

I wouldn't say it's a clearance price, yet a universal price drop. Personally I would never call such a cheap MSRP TV 'good'. Unfortunately there is so much fake 4k nonsense out today there, QLED this and that, I feel the industry is just out there to trick consumers.

It's asinine to hear "well why would I buy this 65 inch 4K TV for $2,000 when I can go to walmart and buy one for $400, they're both 4k!". At that point there is no explaining the why.

I wouldn't say it's a clearance price, yet a universal price drop. Personally I would never call such a cheap MSRP TV 'good'. Unfortunately there is so much fake 4k nonsense out today there, QLED this and that, I feel the industry is just out there to trick consumers.

It's asinine to hear "well why would I buy this 65 inch 4K TV for $2,000 when I can go to walmart and buy one for $400, they're both 4k!". At that point there is no explaining the why.
The thing is its subjective. I would never pay 600+ for a tv as I have seen the same quality in lower end models. I paid 250 for my LG 49 inch and it works just fine, Ive also had Insignias in the past with the same clarity, maybe with 1 less hdmi then higher priced models. I just saw this deal and figured iI would point it out, I didnt see how the panel itself looks.

I almost always go by price to performance model. I have a G-story 27 inch 1440 144mhz monitor I got for like 299 on Amazon. I bought it last tax season before high refresh monitors started coming down in price, Havent had any issues whats ever with it, even has features I wasnt expecting like a USB 3.0 hub and stuff. But people skip over stuff like it because it's a no name brand, most of the times the internal parts are from other brands over stocks or B stocks.

Now if your a professional and need like the best color clarity or something then I can see in investing in a "High end" equipment sure.

In the end good and bad are subjective. To me a 55 in 4k HDR tv for sub 300 dollars is a good investment, as long as there's nothing majorly wrong with it.

Wish I could have seen it at 150 I would have got one in a heartbeat, Ive spent more on less.

The thing is its subjective. I would never pay 600+ for a tv as I have seen the same quality in lower end models. I paid 250 for my LG 49 inch and it works just fine, Ive also had Insignias in the past with the same clarity, maybe with 1 less hdmi then higher priced models. I just saw this deal and figured iI would point it out, I didnt see how the panel itself looks.

I almost always go by price to performance model. I have a G-story 27 inch 1440 144mhz monitor I got for like 299 on Amazon. I bought it last tax season before high refresh monitors started coming down in price, Havent had any issues whats ever with it, even has features I wasnt expecting like a USB 3.0 hub and stuff. But people skip over stuff like it because it's a no name brand, most of the times the internal parts are from other brands over stocks or B stocks.

Now if your a professional and need like the best color clarity or something then I can see in investing in a "High end" equipment sure.

In the end good and bad are subjective. To me a 55 in 4k HDR tv for sub 300 dollars is a good investment, as long as there's nothing majorly wrong with it.

Wish I could have seen it at 150 I would have got one in a heartbeat, Ive spent more on less.

See I've been on both ends. Years back I bought a cheap 47 inch Westinhouse that literally malfunctioned under a year, was repaired, then officially died 13 months after ownership. Later I moved to a Panasonic Viera plasma for around $1,300 and bought a four year service plan. No issues to date. Last year I said screw it, I want to buy a high end TV, and bought an LG OLED.

Now I can tell you as a gamer and mega movie buff (BDs and 4K discs in the thousands), I cannot go back to 'regular' TVs. It is just that drastic of a different to have a high end TV calibrated in a decent home theater.

Bargain bin 4K TVs are pointless.  It's not about 4K, it's about HDR.  That's what makes the real difference in picture quality.  You don't gain much of anything by just having the higher resolution.  Your eyes are not going to notice the uptick in resolution if you sit more than 8' away from your set either.  HDR is what gives the major improvement.

Bargain bin 4K TVs are pointless. It's not about 4K, it's about HDR. That's what makes the real difference in picture quality. You don't gain much of anything by just having the higher resolution. Your eyes are not going to notice the uptick in resolution if you sit more than 8' away from your set either. HDR is what gives the major improvement.
Yep - it's sad the TV industry completely cannibalizes its own potential growth by cutting corners with HDR on 4K sets. If every Walmart in America had even a semi-calibrated (smoothing gimmicks turned off, etc) TCL 6 series playing a disc or stream with great HDR, the adoption of 4K TVs would legitimately jump, IMO. Instead, even Samsung cranks out cheap crap and slaps "HDR" on the box when in reality it's almost impossible to tell their HDR from SDR (their QLEDs are another story, but most Walmart shoppers are grabbing their lower priced models based on the brand name).

BTW, had to take back that LG UHD player - HDR10 looked great, but any Dolby Vision discs looked like TrueMotion was turned on (it wasn't). So much for my attempt to pinch pennies.

Bargain bin 4K TVs are pointless. It's not about 4K, it's about HDR. That's what makes the real difference in picture quality. You don't gain much of anything by just having the higher resolution. Your eyes are not going to notice the uptick in resolution if you sit more than 8' away from your set either. HDR is what gives the major improvement.
This is one area of electronics and technology that I just don’t know enough about...I want to upgrade to a 4K TV that is a marked improvement over my 50” Westinghouse, but I know a lot of manufacturers slap “4K” on their sets without really making a big difference in internal parts and video output. If I wanted something to take full advantage of my PS4 Pro (and eventually start watching UHD 4K Blu-Ray movies on it), what’s a good brand and how much should I be looking to spend? I wanted to stay around $300, but it sounds like I’d have to drop a bit more to get the notable difference in quality. I’m also assuming the usual suspects (Samsung, LG, Sony, etc.) are the brands to search for.

My first 4K was a non-HDR Vizio, then I bought a low end Samsung with "HDR" and couldn't tell a difference. Returned it and got a TCL P605 and could see where the HDR popped well enough but kept having issues where it wouldn't switch between HDR and SDR on the One, so I got a Sony X900E and was blown away at the difference in quality. I have a B7A as well and it makes all the difference.

If you're happy with a $300 4K tv, that's great, really. But when you do start getting in the upper mid tiers and going forward there's a massive difference, especially when Dolby Vision gets involved.

This is one area of electronics and technology that I just don’t know enough about...I want to upgrade to a 4K TV that is a marked improvement over my 50” Westinghouse, but I know a lot of manufacturers slap “4K” on their sets without really making a big difference in internal parts and video output. If I wanted something to take full advantage of my PS4 Pro (and eventually start watching UHD 4K Blu-Ray movies on it), what’s a good brand and how much should I be looking to spend? I wanted to stay around $300, but it sounds like I’d have to drop a bit more to get the notable difference in quality. I’m also assuming the usual suspects (Samsung, LG, Sony, etc.) are the brands to search for.
$300 isn't going to get you a great experience.

TCL sells a $350 55" and it's pretty basic, but probably the best at that price. HDR isn't noticeable, but it would be good for a child's room/spare TV/guest room TV etc.

If you want the best bargain TV, you'll want to play the panel lottery and grab a TCL 6 series. Their QC isn't great - they are a cheap Chinese TV manufacturer that does everything all in-house but at that price level, you can't really beat them.

If you want to spend a little more, the Vizio P series is slightly better and has a better track record.

Next you'll be stepping into the high end. I recommend going with a Sony X900F, LG OLED B8, or a Samsung Q7F. Note that the biggest HDR format is HDR10, and all 3 support it. Dolby Vision is the more premium HDR format, and the Sony and LG support it. Samsung has a proprietary DV competitor called HDR10+, but most manufacturers are going with Dolby Vision. Apple, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Netflix, Amazon etc all support Dolby Vision.

$300 isn't going to get you a great experience.

TCL sells a $350 55" and it's pretty basic, but probably the best at that price. HDR isn't noticeable, but it would be good for a child's room/spare TV/guest room TV etc.

If you want the best bargain TV, you'll want to play the panel lottery and grab a TCL 6 series. Their QC isn't great - they are a cheap Chinese TV manufacturer that does everything all in-house but at that price level, you can't really beat them.

If you want to spend a little more, the Vizio P series is slightly better and has a better track record.

Next you'll be stepping into the high end. I recommend going with a Sony X900F, LG OLED B8, or a Samsung Q7F. Note that the biggest HDR format is HDR10, and all 3 support it. Dolby Vision is the more premium HDR format, and the Sony and LG support it. Samsung has a proprietary DV competitor called HDR10+, but most manufacturers are going with Dolby Vision. Apple, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Netflix, Amazon etc all support Dolby Vision.
So whats the difference between OLED and QLED ? I see Samsung is the only one marketing the QLED sets..

So whats the difference between OLED and QLED ? I see Samsung is the only one marketing the QLED sets..
OLED = Organic Light Emitting Diode, there is not backlight on an OLED and as a result, it can have perfect blacks because the pixels can completely turn themselves off. It doesn't get as bright as LED but it can get so much more darker and as a result, the HDR compliance isn't as high on an OLED set.

QLED is just a regular LED set with their quantum dot technology. They used to not even advertise it, the KS8000 had it and it was one of their high end sets at not a ridiculous price. Then the next year they had the MU8000 and it wasn't anything special, but you'd think it was the successor to the KS8000 - nope. The KS line went to QLED and Samsung markets it to try and appear to be something different than LED, but it's not.

How accurate is brickseek? I do not mean in terms of quantity on item, but the price listed on brickseek at each individual store.

My first 4K was a non-HDR Vizio, then I bought a low end Samsung with "HDR" and couldn't tell a difference. Returned it and got a TCL P605 and could see where the HDR popped well enough but kept having issues where it wouldn't switch between HDR and SDR on the One, so I got a Sony X900E and was blown away at the difference in quality. I have a B7A as well and it makes all the difference.

If you're happy with a $300 4K tv, that's great, really. But when you do start getting in the upper mid tiers and going forward there's a massive difference, especially when Dolby Vision gets involved.
Which do you prefer, between the Sony X900E and the LG B7A?

Department manager who was doing some shady shit at one of my stores is no longer at the store so they finally started putting out his piles of "missing/stolen" games.  They've only put out the 3ds stuff so far but managed to grab Captain Toad for $2, Pokemon Moon for $1 and Radiant Historia for $2.50

3 down,  60 games to go....

Is there a marked improvement between the b7 vs b8 vs c8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm honestly not too familiar with the new 8 series as I own the 7 series. I was told LG changed the lineup where the C8 and higher end have better processors than the B series now, where the B7, C7, E7 all had the same processors.

Department manager who was doing some shady shit at one of my stores is no longer at the store so they finally started putting out his piles of "missing/stolen" games. They've only put out the 3ds stuff so far but managed to grab Captain Toad for $2, Pokemon Moon for $1 and Radiant Historia for $2.50

3 down, 60 games to go....

I'm going through this now. The hunt for $3 games has been fun and I got a few, which I'm very happy I did. Though there are several stores I've either reached out to or visited who showed inventory, some in a decent quantity, who "can't find them". Games are locked items and cannot just be stolen like a regular product, they shouldn't be missing.

Exactly this. It's amazing how many people buy a $300 TV and then declare that 4K isn't anything special. You get what you pay for with televisions, more so than most other consumer goods. High-end sets look amazing and they have also never been cheaper before. You can get a really nice 55" TV for $1000 and that never used to be the case.

In fact, right now at Walmart you can get a 2018 55" LG B8 OLED for only $1095. That's a $1500 television during previous sales. It appears that Amazon and Best Buy has followed suit and are selling them for ~$1100 as well. When they're gone, they're gone, and last year around the same time when something like this happened with the B7, they shot back up to $1600 again shortly after enough units were moved.

Right now is the best time of year to buy a good television. Black Friday week and Super Bowl week usually have the heaviest discounts, and then things get slowly clearanced out starting at the end of Feb. or early March until the next years 2019 televisions start arriving in May.

bread's done
Back