Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
:wiiu: Adventure Time Finn and Jake Investigations $9.00
SKU: 44910190

:xb1: Quantum Break $3.00
Sku: 49302424

I got two copies of Gears of War 3 [Limited Edition] Xbox 360 with the big metal gear thing for $3 each.
My closest Walmart has had several of these for $40 for years now. Since it has been remodeled a few times, I wonder if they even know where they are anymore.

For anyone on the hunt for clearance games, there's another way to check stock at a store. Google "walmart (the town,the state) and one of the first results should read "search inventory or check stock at your walmart." Click on that and there'll be an option to look up games or anything else at that store. I've found it to be a bit more accurate than brickseek for my local region. Here's an example of what it should look like.

https://www.walmart.com/store/2174/westfield-ma/search

I don't expect this to light up anyone's world. Still if you're really unsure about driving out somewhere and brickseek isn't enough for you, this is just another way to confirm if what you want is there or not.

Grabbed The Evil Within for $3 .. good looks.

The dude working was shocked that it was that cheap. Especially considering it was marked $19.95

Grabbed The Evil Within for $3 .. good looks.

The dude working was shocked that it was that cheap. Especially considering it was marked $19.95

I found a sole copy. Well, 'found', as an employee bound it in the bin in the back storage room. It was obviously opened and had heat shrink-wrapped plastic on it, so I didn't pick it up.

Yeah I've usually seen it with the value games or pre-owned games. Also the giant bin of games. It was the first time I've seen clearance games nicely organized in an aisle vs. tossed on an endcap.
With the 3 cent games, I found they were all behind the glass. Thanks to the nice peeps here, I knew what titles to look for and had them retrieved. There are def. value games outside the glass but BS/CAG has helped me uncover the discounted titles buried away behind the glass too. Occasionally, a WM has a "bargain bin" sitting on a table or something, but this really seems to vary from store to store, in my experience.

Does anyone know if Titanfall 2 deluxe edition is worth the extra cash or if there is a deal on it for Xbox One somewhere?
shows for me as ultimate edition being 7.50$

i owned regular, sold it and bought ultimate edition digital. the only difference i remember is a few extra coins for skins and obviously the benefit of having it downloaded. in terms of "is the extra content worth more money" i would say absolutely not.

My local store shows limited stock for the original Fortnite physical release...

I've looked through all their shelves and cases and even the boxes in tne backroom and never saw it. Too bad.

im checking some of them $.03 games and when i search online my store is showing a different price? do i need to go in there and scan it for it to come up for $.03 or is does my store not really have it for $.03?

no i was using the walmart website
Use brickseek. It will tell the potential on-hand quantity but the price will be accurate.

Also, remember not to get your hopes up. All the $.03 stuff happened over a year ago. Even if a store shows inventory, they sent these all back to be reclaimed abd credited. They may not have scanned them out of inventory.

shows for me as ultimate edition being 7.50$

i owned regular, sold it and bought ultimate edition digital. the only difference i remember is a few extra coins for skins and obviously the benefit of having it downloaded. in terms of "is the extra content worth more money" i would say absolutely not.
Oh so there's no like additional single player content or anything like that? Mostly cosmetic stuff? I won't play it online as I don't have gold.

Ended up finding 2 copies of Legend of Korra - A New Era Begins (3DS) and 1 copy of Falling Skies: The Game (PS3). If anyone is interested in a trade or whatever let me know.

Struck out at a Walmart that was supposed to have multiple copies of :pS3: Diablo 3 in stock...they were nowhere in sight either behind the glass or with the value games (which were hilariously barebones, to the point where you wondered why they didn’t just reassign the shelf space for something else). Asked the employee at electronics if she had a scanner to check the location of the barcode I printed out and I got a disgusted smirk along with a, “We don’t do that here.” Felt bad for her as someone had clearly pissed in her Cheerios this morning.

Struck out at a Walmart that was supposed to have multiple copies of :ps3: Diablo 3 in stock...they were nowhere in sight either behind the glass or with the value games (which were hilariously barebones, to the point where you wondered why they didn’t just reassign the shelf space for something else). Asked the employee at electronics if she had a scanner to check the location of the barcode I printed out and I got a disgusted smirk along with a, “We don’t do that here.” Felt bad for her as someone had clearly pissed in her Cheerios this morning.
If you install the Walmart app you can pull up your local store's stock and rough location of the item in the store. Also nice because it has a barcode scanner so you can check prices of stuff to make sure it's right before taking it to a register.

If you install the Walmart app you can pull up your local store's stock and rough location of the item in the store. Also nice because it has a barcode scanner so you can check prices of stuff to make sure it's right before taking it to a register.
I've used this the last couple of times at my store and it's really useful.

I was gonna buy the magma red dualshock 4 for the $43.50 price but instead got it at Sears, price matched it, and used my rewards points. The chat agent accidentally pm'd the price of a 3rd party seller so all and all only ended up paying $36.41, $39.xx with tax. I'm a happy camper tooday.

I was gonna buy the magma red dualshock 4 for the $43.50 price but instead got it at Sears, price matched it, and used my rewards points. The chat agent accidentally pm'd the price of a 3rd party seller so all and all only ended up paying $36.41, $39.xx with tax. I'm a happy camper tooday.
Sears? what is this mythical creature you speak of? they have been long gone in my area... place was a clearance paradise

Went to my local Walmart today and noticed they added a few titles to the clearance bin.

Picked up:

Pokemon Art Academy (3DS) - $3

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=37202060

Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning (3DS) - $3

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=21089534

Sonic Generations (3DS) - $3

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=17615837

Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (3DS) - $3

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=24412709

Rabbids Rumble (3DS) - $3

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=20440161

Halo 4 (360) - $3

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=20754044

Zoo Tycoon (360) - $3

Aliens: Colonel Marines (360) - $3

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=20440165

Resistance 3 (PS3) - $3

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=15609378

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (WiiU) - $5

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=37202054

Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns (Wii) - $10

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=14321865

Please note that most of these appear to be very limited stock (as my local store was the only one in the area to even have them).

Josef, those titles must be ancient. I looked up the 3DS titles and I can't recall ever even seeing them in stores.
Yeah, except for Lego Batman 3 (which previously was $10) I hadn't seen most of them available for sale in the store in a long time. Most likely stored in the back room until some manager decided to clean up back there.

Found Agents of Mayhem(PS4) for $3 yesterday. This is the same store that previously had it for $7 recently. No other markdowns at that store that I could see.

Sears? what is this mythical creature you speak of? they have been long gone in my area... place was a clearance paradise
Same here. They closed the ones here awhile ago. And even before then they stopped carrying video game merchandise years prior.

Had mixed success at a Walmart that was supposed to have multiple copies of certain games and strategy guides for $3. Unfortunately, I could only find two copies of :pS3: The Last of Us from my list, but they did indeed ring up as $3 each: the electronics rep who rang me up sounded more than a little disappointed that he wasn’t buying them himself when he said, “Wow, that’s a good price for that game...only three bucks? What a deal...” No luck finding the multiple copies of :pS3: Batman: Arkham Asylum or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe strategy guide that were supposedly in stock. I may need to try again another day with another employee who has a scanner: I have a feeling this guy wasn’t entirely sure how to run the section, as the older lady who shared electronics kept telling him how stupid he was. I was pretty amused but also felt a little bad for him...this older grandma Walmart rep had zero fraks to give.

One of my local Walmarts has 89 copies of The Last of Us for PS3 for $3. As I was buying 2 copies for myself, the manager on duty confirmed it to me.

Welp, after ending Savings Catcher for the majority of us last fall, Walmart is pulling the plug altogether on May 14.

That program was almost as cool as GCU.

Shame to see it end.

Welp, after ending Savings Catcher for the majority of us last fall, Walmart is pulling the plug altogether on May 14.

Shame to see it end.
Well that sucks...it's never good when something goes "app only". WalMarts prices are ok but nothing great, at least this gave some peace of mind. Oh well, we have an Aldi in town now so not much use for WalMart other than very specific things we either don't like or can't get at Aldi.

Shame to see it end.
It sounds like they'll still let you store your receipts on your Walmart account, which lately has been the more useful aspect of the app to me as most of my receipts "can't be matched" lately anyway.

EDIT - From the email they sent me:

Walmart said:
Dear Customer,

Here at Walmart, we've always been committed to providing you with low prices every day, so you and your family can save money and live better. Savings Catcher, which compares nationally advertised prices through submitted receipts, was designed to catch occasions when a competitor’s price on a particular item was found to be lower than what you paid for it at Walmart.

What we've learned through Savings Catcher is that our efforts to lower prices upfront on thousands of items across our stores is working. Walmart's prices win most often when you submit your receipts, which tells us that the program's intent has been met.

That's why we have decided to discontinue the Savings Catcher receipt submission, effective May 14, 2019. After May 14, you will no longer be able to submit your Walmart Pay eReceipts to Savings Catcher. But don’t worry, the money you have on your Savings Catcher eGift Card will remain yours to spend until you're ready to use it.

We want to thank you for your loyalty and your participation in the program. We'll continue to work hard to offer you features and services that deliver on our promise to save you time and money—whether you're shopping in our stores or online at Walmart.com.

Questions? Learn more about this change here.

Sincerely,
Your Walmart Savings Catcher Team

So I bought CoD WW2 for the $9.99 price and when I picked it up saw it was the Gold Edition. idk if someone did me a solid, if it was all they had or if they didn't really care, but I'm not complaining.

bread's done
Back