Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought CoD WW2 for the $9.99 price and when I picked it up saw it was the Gold Edition. idk if someone did me a solid, if it was all they had or if they didn't really care, but I'm not complaining.
I think the regular version is replaced with the Gold version (base game + first map pack) at some point in every CoD game's life cycle.

Other than the short game time, The Order 1886 was a fantastic game that was pushed way too early. Sucks since I enjoyed the story but no sequel is going to happen.

Other than the short game time, The Order 1886 was a fantastic game that was pushed way too early. Sucks since I enjoyed the story but no sequel is going to happen.
Eh, it had great production values, but enemy encounters left a lot to be desired. Especially the werewolves. It doesn't hold up well, but the story is a decent distraction for a day. Would love to see a better game in that universe, but I doubt Sony has much interest.

I think you're really pushing the boundaries of the definition of fantastic, especially when compared to the other exclusives on the system.

Forgive if this has already been said by someone else. Just wanted to share:

Probably ye olde YMMV, but I found WWE 2K18 for the switch in the clearance bin for $5.00.
Trade-in is pretty nice at that price, at least at Gamestop. Please see below:

[attachment=31957:IMG_20190316_232416576.jpg][attachment=31958:picsArt_03-17-12.29.17.png]

Also, picked up Bomberman and Lego Ninjago Movie for the Switch, as well, both for $10.00 each. Not sure if that's great or not, but my kids will enjoy them, so good enough for me.

I also saw Pio Explorer Editiom...or was that Poi?...can't remember, L.A. Noire, Cave Story (although it was $20.00), and a Zelda Trifroce 3DS and Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, both also for $10.00.

Well, that's all I can remember. As always, thanks to everyone for posting helpful things.

Take care, poeple.

I think you're really pushing the boundaries of the definition of fantastic, especially when compared to the other exclusives on the system.
Not really. It was fantastic, for me. Just my opinion and I understand others may have a different opinion on it and that's fine too.

For the time it came out and what it accomplished, it was fantastic, to me. The game was also too short, gunplay wasn't on par with other shooters and boss battles being on rails wasn't one of it's highlights. But it's animation, graphics, world and characters did shine, to me.

It was a fault of being rushed to release due to there being very few exclusives for the PS4 at it's time. Is it one of the best PS4 games, no, but to me, it was fantastic for what was accomplished by that studio in that short development time.

I know you aren't interested in the game but Polygon did an article with the devs a few months ago talking about the games shortcomings, what they learned and what's to come next for Ready At Dawn. https://www.polygon.com/features/2018/8/17/17705486/revisiting-the-order-1886-ready-at-dawn

:ps4: Rayman legends $3.
Great find- brought one to keep and some to trade at
StopGame this weekend.

a34f2289b75dd8b7ecb89d0cb8a744b2.jpg

Don't have Brickseek links, as I'm traveling, but I went to a Walmart for FIFA 18, and found Nickelodeon Kart Racer and Hello Neighbor: Hide & Seek as pleasant surprises.

Finally managed to get some good clearance deals at my local Walmart! Picked up Knack 2 and We Happy Few (to flip), but I saw the following:

:xb1:  :ps4: Madden 17 - $5

:xb1:  :ps4: Madden 18 - $10

:ps4: Knack 2 - $5

:xb1: Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker - $10

:3ds: Hey, Pikmin! - $15

:3ds: Bravely Second: End Layer - $15

:wiiu:  Just Dance 2019 - $30

:ps4: We Happy Few - $10 (trades for $21 at GS w/ Elite Pro)

:ps4: Fallout 4 GOTY - $15

:switch: FIFA 19 - $30

:ps4: The Evil Within 2 - $7

Finally had some real success with Walmart clearance for the first time in a while. Went to a store in Lancaster, CA that was supposed to be stocked w/ goodies, and they didn’t disappoint:
89e7129098ab4d108ae791c627623287.jpg

All of the games I got had been mentioned here before (I think) except for :pS4: Final Fantasy XV: Deluxe Edition ($17), :wiiu: The Legend of Kay Anniversary ($7) and :wiiu: Rodea: The Sky Soldier ($7). The also had multiple copies of :360: and :XB1: The Wolf Among Us, but the electronics rep (who was super helpful and might have been the best WM employee I’ve ever met) didn’t want to sell me multiple 3¢ games without manager approval lest he get in trouble. Choosing not to press my luck, I left the 3¢ games alone, bought the pictured eight games for under $60 and happily went on my way.

I haven’t seen a FF XV deluxe in ages. I presume it was the only copy?
Actually, there were at least two that I saw behind the glass: I bought one and left the other there. I wasn’t sure as to the real value of the game since I’ve heard so many conflicting things about FFXV, but I figured one copy at $17 with (I’m assuming) most/all of the DLC was worth taking a chance on.

I believe the royal edition is the one with more of the dlc but not all of it since they had planned on milking the shit out of that game only to cancel the remainder of the dlc besides 1 thing iirc.

I believe the royal edition is the one with more of the dlc but not all of it since they had planned on milking the shit out of that game only to cancel the remainder of the dlc besides 1 thing iirc.

I was going to purchase the Royal edition last year, then heard talks of a real 'complete' version coming out this year. Is the Royal version the definitive release now?

Actually, there were at least two that I saw behind the glass: I bought one and left the other there. I wasn’t sure as to the real value of the game since I’ve heard so many conflicting things about FFXV, but I figured one copy at $17 with (I’m assuming) most/all of the DLC was worth taking a chance on.
It is not a terrible game, just a very different Final Fantasy from anything before, with a lot less recurring element from the series: less spell and less summoning. To top that story doesn't flow very well. DLCs in the Deluxe Edition are useless though, you pretty much paid for the base game, the film and the steelbook.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

It is not a terrible game, just a very different Final Fantasy from anything before, with a lot less recurring element from the series: less spell and less summoning. To top that story doesn't flow very well. DLCs in the Deluxe Edition are useless though, you pretty much paid for the base game, the film and the steelbook.

The more I read about FF XV, the more I don't want it. The negative is way overpowering the positive comments, from how slow it is, bad writing, and plainly just not fun. And as you said, the deluxe steelbook has less content than the current Royal edition, so buying that leaves you with half a game.

my own thoughts on FF XV. it's somewhat similar to ffXIII, in that it has two halves that are wildly dissimilar. For the first 20 to 30 hoirs of 15, i was having an absolute blast. i loved the characters and the bromance story, the open world, and the combat. honestly i thought it was one of the best open world rpgs i had ever played. then you hit a certain point in the main story where it becomes completely linear for another 20 or so hours, the story takes several bizarre, depressing, and frustrating turns, and the final 5 to 10 hours were a nigh-unbearable slog.

my own thoughts on FF XV. it's somewhat similar to ffXIII, in that it has two halves that are wildly dissimilar. For the first 20 to 30 hoirs of 15, i was having an absolute blast. i loved the characters and the bromance story, the open world, and the combat. honestly i thought it was one of the best open world rpgs i had ever played. then you hit a certain point in the main story where it becomes completely linear for another 20 or so hours, the story takes several bizarre, depressing, and frustrating turns, and the final 5 to 10 hours were a nigh-unbearable slog.

Endgame area truly a pain to traverse, imo the final boss fight is a huge let down, given how all the bosses right before him put up even more entertaining bouts.

As a long time FF fan, and having skipped XV primarily due to time and wanting to buy a true 'complete' game, not in piece meal, would you recommend XV? Or is it a bastardized entry into the franchise that isn't worth ones time?

As a long time FF fan, and having skipped XV primarily due to time and wanting to buy a true 'complete' game, not in piece meal, would you recommend XV? Or is it a bastardized entry into the franchise that isn't worth ones time?
It'll grow on you, eventually you'll tolerate and look past all the shortcomings of the game. It is not forgettable as Lightning Returns entry, at the very least I would consider XV as tolerable. Royal Edition is as complete as it gonna get, I don't think Squeenix would repackage it again for another release.

While the Kingsglaive is an essential supplement to the lore, the way both the game and the film were written, it is really hard to determine the best time to view it without spoiling the details.

i cant vouch for any of the dlc, but yes i still would recommend XV. the open world stuff was really truly a delight. but, if it wouldn't offend your gamer sensibilities, my advice would be to get as much as you can out of the first few chapters (anx theres a whole lot to do, youll be at it for a while) , and then after it becomes linear (i wanna say it was around chapter 8?) juat go ahead and stop, and if you wanna see how the story ends, juat watch it on youtube. juat my opinion though. i had a buddy who said he liked the whole story. but if i could give my past self advice, thats what i would do.

The hate for FFXV definitely surprises me, I can't help but think it's mostly a situation of people just not wanting change.  While I do agree I'd love to see a more traditional FF next (although Octopath Traveler is a good option for now), 15 was actually pretty awesome as far as I played.  The story was a bit wonky but watching the movie helps a lot (a LOT), and the world itself is really cool.  Eh, to each their own I guess and I haven't finished it yet so my opinion may very well change  once I get back to it.

The hate for FFXV definitely surprises me, I can't help but think it's mostly a situation of people just not wanting change. While I do agree I'd love to see a more traditional FF next (although Octopath Traveler is a good option for now), 15 was actually pretty awesome as far as I played. The story was a bit wonky but watching the movie helps a lot (a LOT), and the world itself is really cool. Eh, to each their own I guess and I haven't finished it yet so my opinion may very well change once I get back to it.

Is the movie part of the Royal edition, or does that just include all of the DLC? I know the Deluxe steelbook came with the movie, yet that's only half a game from what's out today.

So from what I'm figuring out, there is no real complete edition to date. Some say the movie ties into the story, yet the Royal edition lacks the movie. This game seems like a shit show.
The movie provides some insight into the actions during the game, but as far as a complete edition for the game only the Royal Edition is that.

The base game is a complete game. Out of the character-centric DLC episodes, I only found one to really be important to the storyline, and it was the last one released. The other two are just filler to try a different gameplay style (slower, combo based melee combat for one, and third person shooter for the other). I played the entire main game long before the DLC dropped and never felt like I was getting an incomplete experience - Tho there is one chapter that was like driving into a brick wall because it was just such an abrupt change to everything. It's since been fixed in a patch (for everyone, IIRC, not just people with the DLC packs)

I'm a long time FF fan since getting FF1 on the NES at KB Toys as a kid. It's worth playing and deciding for yourself if you enjoy it or not - I thought it was entertaining, and liked it quite a bit more than the FFXIII Trilogy. But I know other folks who have the same fandom that I do who didn't like it because of the changes to the FF formula.

They patched a number of things into the game long after it released.  https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV_patches

I wasn't even aware of most of these just the ending and a few chapters were changed or removed, the ability to control party members, summoning monsters and exp increase/decrease options and a few other odds and ends.  Seems like playing this game unpatched in the future would be an entirely different experience.  Also seems like they had some timed events too bad.

They put monster truck tires on the car so it can go off road?  my god it looks ridiculous. 

Wow I'm surprised the most recent patch was in december of just last year.  

Speaking of Sears, If anybody was thinking about buying these Nintendo Switch Bundles from Walmart.com, just FYI they're much cheaper at Sears of all places.

- Nintendo Switch in Gray With Sleeves and Accessories Bundle

Walmart - $493.66 / Sears - $399.99

- Nintendo Switch in Red and Blue with Sleeves and Accessories

Walmart - $506.32/ $501.26 + Pickup / Sears - $399.99

- Nintendo Switch in Gray with Zelda Sleeves and Accessories

Walmart - $570.89/ $565.18 + Pickup / Sears - $459.99

Still overpriced though imo.

If only the ShopYourWay points won from contests didn't expire for 14 days from when they are won. Even if they are overpriced, I'd save up points for 6 months to be able to get a console for free.

I noticed alot of clearance games went further down in price. Picked up game of thrones for ps3 $1. Also found Horizon Zero down for $5.

Oh and looking at brickseek No Man's Sky for PS4 is $9.88 as well

Copped a bunch of copies of some Layton game on 3DS for $9 each.

bread's done
Back