Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Patience and persistence pays off, my fellow CAGs...I’d visited a particular Walmart near my best friend’s house multiple times and was told conflicting stories by multiple different electronics reps and “managers” to the point where I was about to give up. Right before I left work today, I checked BrickSeek and saw that the three games I was hoping to acquire from this WM were still in stock, so I printed out the bar codes and went to the store in question. I headed straight for customer service and found a very helpful assistant manager with a handheld scanner, and asked him if he wouldn’t mind scanning a few barcodes to verify if they had the items actually in the store. He agreed, scanned the barcodes, and said all three should be in the storage cage in the back (something that another manager and many different electronics reps denied even having). He radioed electronics asking them to check the cage for the items, but it took much longer than normal as the cage was locked and only the main assistant manager had the key (who was at lunch). Thankfully, once he showed up, the games were quickly found, I was rung up and I walked out a happy camper with the following in tow for less than $15.
0f5e04e4616340d610050668ff1c3df2.jpg
you were exited about those games at that price point? different strokes for different folks i guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never played either Super Mario Maker or anything in the Arkham series, and I have LEGO Batman 3 for the PS3 and love it. To say I’m happy with my purchase is an understatement. Also, this is the same Walmart that’s selling the DS Jonas brothers game still at full MSRP for $39.99, so...
the batman remasters have been $5 on psn and xbox the last few sales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up quest. That is getting pretty tempting for me to upgrade from my black 500gb. Just gotta tell myself, I don't NEED it, and I would rather have an x1x anyway, right.

Thanks for the heads up quest. That is getting pretty tempting for me to upgrade from my black 500gb. Just gotta tell myself, I don't NEED it, and I would rather have an x1x anyway, right.

I would agree, only that to me buying such an old console this late in the life cycle would be silly, unless it was almost free. Even the PS4 Pro/ X1X is getting 'long in the tooth' by today's standards.

You're welcome...and I agree 100% regarding the S. Doesn't make a ton of sense to invest in an S now, with next-gen so close. Even an X purchase is somewhat iffy, unless you can land a really great deal. S is ok for those who just wanna do Game Pass and maybe BC here and there. An X will have much better trade-in value as well towards next-gen when they hit (2020 or later).

The only reason I would consider getting an S or X right now is if I was confident I was getting an X2 at launch and places like Gamestop were offering equal or better TIV for what I paid.

So if this is $175 and TIV towards an X2 is $175, I'd think of it as a "prepayment" towards the X2 if I wss getting it.

The only reason I would consider getting an S or X right now is if I was confident I was getting an X2 at launch and places like Gamestop were offering equal or better TIV for what I paid.

So if this is $175 and TIV towards an X2 is $175, I'd think of it as a "prepayment" towards the X2 if I wss getting it.
Yes, exactly. I believe the MS Retail Stores have been offering $200 in TIV for the One X, but not sure if that # will hold by the time the X2 rolls around. I still think we may see some really good One X deals right before E3, while MS can still try to convince the world not to wait for next-gen.

I always wanted an X and those $350 prices are very tempting, especially since I could prolly PM it at Target.  But now is not the time to buy a console I keep telling myself.  New ones are right around the corner in a year. 

I always wanted an X and those $350 prices are very tempting, especially since I could prolly PM it at Target. But now is not the time to buy a console I keep telling myself. New ones are right around the corner in a year.
I keep wondering whether or not I should pull the trigger on an XB1 or XB1X since they've been dropping in price fairly quickly, and everytime I'm ready to buy one I see a deal for somewhere cheaper and my bottom line to get one drops again. It's gotten to where I don't think I'll get into one unless I find a 1TB XB1 for under $100 or an XB1X for under $250...and Christ, that sounds so snobby when I read it out loud to myself. :whistle2:& :speaktothehand:

I keep wondering whether or not I should pull the trigger on an XB1 or XB1X since they've been dropping in price fairly quickly, and everytime I'm ready to buy one I see a deal for somewhere cheaper and my bottom line to get one drops again. It's gotten to where I don't think I'll get into one unless I find a 1TB XB1 for under $100 or an XB1X for under $250...and Christ, that sounds so snobby when I read it out loud to myself. :whistle2:& :speaktothehand:
Microsoft must be desperate to sell these, because they have been offering some really amazing deals at their retail stores. At mine last month, they were offering $100 off brand new bundles like Metro Exodus and Division II, PLUS a free physical retail game off the shelf of your choice, plus email code for Gears 4. So, $399 for all that...not bad. Even with all that, I saw that the bundles were all just sitting there for the whole week, unsold. Personally, I prefer to wait for a steeper drop at BB, since I have enough Rewards credit to cover the entire purchase. I might jump in if a good bundle there ever got down to $350. I don't want the Fallout '76 bundle at $399 cause I know I'd never play it.

Microsoft must be desperate to sell these, because they have been offering some really amazing deals at their retail stores. At mine last month, they were offering $100 off brand new bundles like Metro Exodus and Division II, PLUS a free physical retail game off the shelf of your choice, plus email code for Gears 4. So, $399 for all that...not bad. Even with all that, I saw that the bundles were all just sitting there for the whole week, unsold. Personally, I prefer to wait for a steeper drop at BB, since I have enough Rewards credit to cover the entire purchase. I might jump in if a good bundle there ever got down to $350. I don't want the Fallout '76 bundle at $399 cause I know I'd never play it.
I have a ton of GameStop trade credit I will either wait for the mini switch or a Xbox one x deal like the ones they have at the Microsoft store to use it . I don't think GameStop sells gift cards for the Microsoft brick and mortar stores I can buy with trade credit so I will continue to wait

Not desperate to sell them, I figure sales are slow this time of year. That and I can imagine we’ll see announcements of new consoles this year.

I have a ton of GameStop trade credit I will either wait for the mini switch or a Xbox one x deal like the ones they have at the Microsoft store to use it . I don't think GameStop sells gift cards for the Microsoft brick and mortar stores I can buy with trade credit so I will continue to wait
You can use regular Xbox cash at www.microsoftstore.com to pay for an in-store purchase.

Yeah, you apparently can't get any gift cards at other retailers that will be accepted at Microsoft brick and mortar stores. The only place you can get them is....at Microsoft brick and mortar stores, which defeats the purpose- unless you're getting them as a gift for someone else to use there. You can use the MS/Xbox cards sold from other retailers on the MS Store online, but the MS brick and mortar stores often offer deals that are not offered on the online MS Store. Makes buying from MS retail stores a pain, IMO. A shame, cause they offer the best extended warranties on consoles...up to 2 exchanges over a multi-year period (granted, mostly for refurbished consoles), plus controller exchanges also.

You can use regular Xbox cash at www.microsoftstore.com to pay for an in-store purchase.
Yup, to pay for an in-store pickup on an item on the MS online store...but you can't use Xbox cash to buy exclusive deals only offered by the retail stores themselves. I've asked, both in-store and calling MS support.

We're seeing the same thing with the Ryzen 1000 and 2000 processors right now at retail.  Because the Ryzen 3000s drop in July.  Everyone needs to unload their stock because with consoles as well as cpus, when the new stuff comes out then the current stuff is old news and dead inventory.  As soon as the PS5 price is revealed (likely this summer), no one is going to be buying the 6 teraflop XB1X at $350-400.  The PS5 is likely to be in the ~10 teraflop graphical power range, a little more than double what the PS4 Pro can output (4.2 TFP).  I don't think they can afford anything more than a GTX 1080 to 1080 Ti equivalent.  That's still $300-500 just in GPU, by today's standards.  Plus PS5 is very likely to launch at $399-$499, my guess being the latter. 

Microsoft has to move what they can at $350 before each unit is worth about $200 in a year

As soon as the PS5 price is revealed (likely this summer), no one is going to be buying the 6 teraflop XB1X at $350-400.

Microsoft has to move what they can at $350 before each unit is worth about $200 in a year
I also think the other is true for MS...that no one will be buying a 1X at that price range when the release date for the X2 (or whatever it'll be called) is likely revealed at E3 in June. That's why I think we may see some really good sales right before E3, as MS's window is closing to market this system as the best console for the foreseeable future. That future is getting shorter and shorter. The best reason to get the X, as Seph said, is almost to treat it as a "down payment" towards the X2...as you may get up to $200 in TIV....possibly more, depending on where you shop. Will be fascinating to see how low the console will go, in the coming months.

So I don't know if I missed a sale announcement or something somewhere, but I went to two different Walmarts today and there weren't any standard edition games priced above $50.  Even recent releases like Devil May Cry 5 and Yoshi's Crafted World were $49.94 at both stores.  Also all of their PS 4 controllers were $46.  There weren't rollback stickers on any of the games either, it looked like for all intents and purposes that that is the new top price for all standard editions of games.

So, anyone know what's going on with that?

We're seeing the same thing with the Ryzen 1000 and 2000 processors right now at retail. Because the Ryzen 3000s drop in July. Everyone needs to unload their stock because with consoles as well as cpus, when the new stuff comes out then the current stuff is old news and dead inventory. As soon as the PS5 price is revealed (likely this summer), no one is going to be buying the 6 teraflop XB1X at $350-400. The PS5 is likely to be in the ~10 teraflop graphical power range, a little more than double what the PS4 Pro can output (4.2 TFP). I don't think they can afford anything more than a GTX 1080 to 1080 Ti equivalent. That's still $300-500 just in GPU, by today's standards. Plus PS5 is very likely to launch at $399-$499, my guess being the latter.

I'm surprised the Pro hasn't budged a buck compared to the steep discounts the X has gotten. At this rate, the X is starting to have an effective price lower than the Pro despite debuting with a price a hundred bucks higher. But one thing is for sure, in my opinion. The PS5 will be $500. The inclusion of the SSD alone is going to require a higher price tag. Their prices crashed in the last year and it still cost be $134 to get a Samsung 1tb on "sale".

For a non-gaming deal, I found a bunch of king/share size candy being clearanced out while searching the seasonal aisle for any Easter candy remnants. I saw them at 50 cents when I checked yesterday, but they went down to 25 cents at my local store as of today:

Hershey's Gold, Peanuts and Pretzels King Size:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=458379178

Snickers Creamy Maple Almond Share Size:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=511635765

Snickers Creamy Almond Share Size:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=346270846

M&M's White Chocolate Share Size:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=158281717

M&M's White Chocolate Peanut Share Size:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=114759449

M&M's Crunchy Mint Share Size:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=231813552

Most of the stores around me have hundreds of the Hershey's Gold left, but considerably less of the others.

It's not clearance, so maybe it needs it's own thread if it doesn't have one (I didn't see it at a glance): video games are cheaper at Walmart now, even at launch. Looks like $49.XX is their new price for $60 games, and a lot of less-expensive titles are now even cheaper than their current MSRP by $5-10

Not all are reflected online (a lot are, though), but check brickseek.

It's not clearance, so maybe it needs it's own thread if it doesn't have one (I didn't see it at a glance): video games are cheaper at Walmart now, even at launch. Looks like $49.XX is their new price for $60 games, and a lot of less-expensive titles are now even cheaper than their current MSRP by $5-10

I noticed this too, even MK11 was $50 yesterday which was the day of release. These prices are available on the website too.

Whats the point of getting the XB1X even if it goes on sale for cheap? The exclusive game library is small compared to PS4. Most other games I have for my PS Pro and the X1BX would probably end up collecting dust like my Xbox One S does now, which I use for mostly playing blurays so I do not totally abandon it.

I'm surprised the Pro hasn't budged a buck compared to the steep discounts the X has gotten. At this rate, the X is starting to have an effective price lower than the Pro despite debuting with a price a hundred bucks higher. But one thing is for sure, in my opinion. The PS5 will be $500. The inclusion of the SSD alone is going to require a higher price tag. Their prices crashed in the last year and it still cost be $134 to get a Samsung 1tb on "sale".
I was able to get a 1TB SanDisk SSD from Amazon in a DotD for $100 not too long ago, but you’re right: even though the cost of SSD flash storage has dropped considerably during the last couple of years, I’m surprised we haven’t gotten better price points for the larger capacity name brand drives like Samsung and Crucial.

Whats the point of getting the XB1X even if it goes on sale for cheap? The exclusive game library is small compared to PS4. Most other games I have for my PS Pro and the X1BX would probably end up collecting dust like my Xbox One S does now, which I use for mostly playing blurays so I do not totally abandon it.
I think if I ultimately do get an XB1X, it will serve as my primary entertainment hub for my living room. That is to say, I’ll use it as my main Blu-ray player (and won’t need a separate unit to play 4K discs), streaming device with a few critical apps like Netflix, YouTube, etc., and sometimes gaming unit when I want to show off the processing power. I don’t think it would ever become my primary gaming device, if only for the fact that my PS4 library is so large and unplayed yet.

I think if I ultimately do get an XB1X, it will serve as my primary entertainment hub for my living room. That is to say, I’ll use it as my main Blu-ray player (and won’t need a separate unit to play 4K discs), streaming device with a few critical apps like Netflix, YouTube, etc., and sometimes gaming unit when I want to show off the processing power. I don’t think it would ever become my primary gaming device, if only for the fact that my PS4 library is so large and unplayed yet.
Makes sense. I will just leave that role for the PS5 next year and most likely forget about the XB1X entirely.

This all started when the Let's go Pikachu and Eevee bundles went $49.94 in store. Seems to be a permanent drop, or a very long sale

It's the best place to play third party games and it's backwards compatible and enhances Xbox and 360 games. No matter what third-party game you have for PS4, it runs and looks better on Xbox One X. The X also has more apps than PS4. Those are some of the main reasons why and you already know about the 4K player.

Walmart's new version of GCU? :)

It is a tough call, for me included. It's hard to justify the X at its current price point at most retailers. But there are two main reasons for me wanting one: Game Pass and Backwards Compatibility. I know you might say you can do those both on the S, but I just like the idea of the Enhanced games that are for the X only, including some 360 titles. I took a look at Dead Space on the One X and was just blown away. As for Game Pass, why not play them on the best Xbox console for frame rate and graphics? In general, for gaming on the X, I know this may all vary by title and I've occasionally been a little bit disappointed by some titles I've seen on the X (Sekiro), but if you have a 4K TV and get a native 4K game truly shining, it's an amazing experience. Now, if you don't care about the performance of BC or Game Pass titles or like their performances on your One S, I can see why the X doesn't make sense for you.

The other incentive, as some have talked about here, is you can use the X for TIV towards the X2 when it arrives. The MS retail store has been offering $200 for it lately. So, if you can somehow swing an X for, say, $350, and get $200 back next Fall...that's not bad, paying $150 for about 18 months of gaming on the best system out there (excluding PC).

Walmart's new type of GCU (without paying membership fee)? :)

For a non-gaming deal, I found a bunch of king/share size candy being clearanced out while searching the seasonal aisle for any Easter candy remnants. I saw them at 50 cents when I checked yesterday, but they went down to 25 cents at my local store as of today:

Hershey's Gold, Peanuts and Pretzels King Size:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=458379178

Snickers Creamy Maple Almond Share Size:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=511635765

Snickers Creamy Almond Share Size:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=346270846

M&M's White Chocolate Share Size:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=158281717

M&M's White Chocolate Peanut Share Size:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=114759449

M&M's Crunchy Mint Share Size:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=231813552

Most of the stores around me have hundreds of the Hershey's Gold left, but considerably less of the others.
Shit, the local store has the Hershey's for $.25 each, showing 330 in stock! And I actually *like* that chocolate bar.

I need to be careful with that one...

Gotta love Walmart trying to get rid of new release games faster meanwhile quite a few stores still wanting $52.96 for Enemy Territory Quake Wars.

"Mommy Mommy, I really want that Enemy Territory Quake Wars game that came out in 2008."

"Sorry Johnny, I've only got enough for $50 plus tax so you'll have to settle for Mortal Kombat 11"

Confirmed every damn $60 game is $50 at the Walmart I stopped by.

Even more off topic: has anybody seen the alpine green Dualshock 4 in store yet? I'm hoping they stock soon so I can get it for their $46 in store price for all Dualshock 4s

Even more off topic: has anybody seen the alpine green Dualshock 4 in store yet? I'm hoping they stock soon so I can get it for their $46 in store price for all Dualshock 4s
I've seen it at one store I frequent so far, haven't had a chance to look while in other stores yet.

Gotta love Walmart trying to get rid of new release games faster meanwhile quite a few stores still wanting $52.96 for Enemy Territory Quake Wars.

"Mommy Mommy, I really want that Enemy Territory Quake Wars game that came out in 2008."

"Sorry Johnny, I've only got enough for $50 plus tax so you'll have to settle for Mortal Kombat 11"
Isn’t Cory in the House still $59.96?

I absolutely LOVE the green color of that new DS4, but something about the white buttons/sticks/bottom grips makes the entire controller seem slightly off-putting to me...I cannot explain it for the life of me. And I'm fairly certain I saw it at a WM I visited yesterday, but I can't recall how much they were charging for it.

bread's done
Back