Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
My Walmart never has anybody in the games section, which is a pain in the ass. Last time I tried to buy a game, I had to wait 45 minutes for them to find an employee that had a key to the game cases.

Whats the point of getting the XB1X even if it goes on sale for cheap? The exclusive game library is small compared to PS4. Most other games I have for my PS Pro and the X1BX would probably end up collecting dust like my Xbox One S does now, which I use for mostly playing blurays so I do not totally abandon it.
For me, GamePass. It’s amazing. Well worth having a One X for that alone.

So I don't know if I missed a sale announcement or something somewhere, but I went to two different Walmarts today and there weren't any standard edition games priced above $50. Even recent releases like Devil May Cry 5 and Yoshi's Crafted World were $49.94 at both stores. Also all of their PS 4 controllers were $46. There weren't rollback stickers on any of the games either, it looked like for all intents and purposes that that is the new top price for all standard editions of games.

So, anyone know what's going on with that?
That's been the case for a while now. Newly released games go for $59.88 for around a month, maybe month and a half and then go down to $49.94 for around 5-6 months and down to $39.96, then within a year to $29.83. DS4 controllers have been default priced at around $46 since at least last year from what I can remember in-store assuming it's not a limited edition version.

attachicon.gif
0422191811.jpg
attachicon.gif
0422191811~3.jpg
attachicon.gif
0422191811~3.jpg
Is there a possible 4K remaster of this coming?

This goes back a little while, but I love seeing people saying “I wouldnt get a current gen system since next gen is so close.”
Because those same people will be saying,” Current gen is too expensive, I’m waiting for a healthy price drop” for the first two years of the new gen anyway. That’s 3 years you’re telling someone else to wait.
Indy shops near me sell the X for $350. I’ve seen them for about the same with a bunch of games on craigs. I’d sell my og xbox one for $100 and toss in the extra $200-250 to get an x right now. There’s going to be at least 3 more years of life left in it as far as newer games go, and who knows how much when it cones to backwards conpatible.

This goes back a little while, but I love seeing people saying “I wouldnt get a current gen system since next gen is so close.”
Because those same people will be saying,” Current gen is too expensive, I’m waiting for a healthy price drop” for the first two years of the new gen anyway. That’s 3 years you’re telling someone else to wait.
Indy shops near me sell the X for $350. I’ve seen them for about the same with a bunch of games on craigs. I’d sell my og xbox one for $100 and toss in the extra $200-250 to get an x right now. There’s going to be at least 3 more years of life left in it as far as newer games go, and who knows how much when it cones to backwards conpatible.
lol nope. Day1 on next-gen systems for me going back over twenty years. N64, PS2, PS3, PS4, Switch, and prolly a couple more than I'm forgetting. Day1 is exactly why I shouldn't buy an X right now. That $350 can go directly towards the purchase of the new machine. It's not that complicated.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I was walking through electronics today and saw that they had a yeti blackout edition microphone clearanced down to $54. Pretty awesome price I thought, so I grabbed it.

Here it is on brickseek so you can check your area:

sku=45009651

This is like my second post ever so apparently I cant post a link. So there is the SKU. Sorry about that, lol. Maybe someone can do a solid a post the link for me. Thanks and good luck!

$54 at the majority of stores I looked up also.  

Kinda have wanted a good microphone for a while now.  But, I'd have to travel a bit to pick that one up.  (No local stores have it.)

lol nope. Day1 on next-gen systems for me going back over twenty years. N64, PS2, PS3, PS4, Switch, and prolly a couple more than I'm forgetting. Day1 is exactly why I shouldn't buy an X right now. That $350 can go directly towards the purchase of the new machine. It's not that complicated.
If this gen taught me anything, it's that I will NOT day 1 any more consoles. Three substantial refreshes within 4 years? No thanks.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I was walking through electronics today and saw that they had a yeti blackout edition microphone clearanced down to $54. Pretty awesome price I thought, so I grabbed it.

Here it is on brickseek so you can check your area:

sku=45009651

This is like my second post ever so apparently I cant post a link. So there is the SKU. Sorry about that, lol. Maybe someone can do a solid a post the link for me. Thanks and good luck!
For anyone in the Minneapolis, MN area, Apple Valley location has 4 remaining at $54, they are locked in the cage near the register in Electronics, not on the shelf.

They also had a handful of $1 and $3 games and some interesting finds like Muramasa for Wii, but still at $30 with a clearance sticker, shows $40 when scanning UPC. Brickseek shows $40 and OOS.

So here's what happened to me today. Last night I was browsing brickseek when I happened on this Chromebook for $69.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=885628763

It's of abysmal quality but just thought I'd buy it for browsing the web or for school.

AND

this Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8'' tablet for $40.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=43803332

I go to the one store that has both and that I go to fairly often. I look inside the tablets case and don't see the tablet. That's fine. I ask him if they have the chromebook. He looks at all the displays and just from it not being on display concludes that they don't have it. Irritating, but I let it go. I then remembered I wrote down the upc for the chromebook and looked it up on the app. Boom. The app says "limited stock $69". I show it to him. He presses it and the product page for a 3rd party seller shows up. "Oh sorry man, this is a 3rd party seller." I play dumb. "Oh, okay. Thanks anyway." I've had this happen before at BestBuy whenever I try price matching WM with them but didn't expect a WM associate to play the same card. I had the app open and had it to "AT YOUR STORE". Rule of thumb is that if the product shows up in the "At Your Store" tab, chances are high that the store has it...............somewhere or at least have 1 unit or the floor model. Like, it never occurred to him to see that it was the in-store price and said limited stock and just for shits and giggles decided to look inside the laptop cage to see if maybe it's sitting there somewhere. I mean, at least ACT like you're doing your job for fuckssake.

He was a nice guy and did legitimately help all the customers that were there including me. He just needed to be better trained in how to use the app and didn't feel like ruining his day by arguing.

So on I went to the second Walmart of the day. I park, go through their garden section and just as I was reaching their electronics department see a bin FULL of games. PS3, XB360, PS4, XBO. This may sound impressive but most of the games were sports games and most of the ones that weren't, were full price either marked as "clearance" or not. Sonic Mania PS4 for $40 was one example. I spent close to 15 minutes looking through it and the only thing of notice that I find was a Diablo 3 ps4 case ripped open without the disc, a shovelware xb360 kinect game with the disc audibly broken and a Special Edition PS4 copy of The Evil Within (w/ 3D lenticular) for $19.96 "clearance". It wasn't clearance. And that's not me being snarky because when I bought it I used my employee discount card and it worked. The cards don't work on clearance items. I'm even surprised to see any walmarts still sell a copy of the first game considering it's been sold out online for quite some time and brickseek says sold out in all the stores within a 40 mile radius from me.

I bought:

The Evil Within PS4 - $19.96: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=26096327

Casablanca BD - $5: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=949766333

I then went to the last Walmart on my trip. This walmart didn't have a good selection of clearance games. They had over a dozen copies of Fire Emblems Warriors for the 3DS on "clearance" for $30. Subnautica for $20 and random games. They had Battlefield V Deluxe Edition PS4 on "clearance" for $50. 3 copies of Bohemian Rhapsody on vinyl for $30 that was randomly there because someone returned them. But here's what was interesting about it. They had a little corner dedicated to steelbooks. They had steelbook editions of Drive, Kin, GiTS, Logan, Back to The Future 30th anniversary, etc.

I bought:

X-COM 2 Collection ps4 - $19.93: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=617009677

Ghost in the Shell Steelbook - $14.96: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=133398059

Logan Steelbook - $14.96: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=383853801

So here's what happened to me today. Last night I was browsing brickseek when I happened on this Chromebook for $69.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=885628763

It's of abysmal quality but just thought I'd buy it for browsing the web or for school.

AND

this Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8'' tablet for $40.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=43803332

I go to the one store that has both and that I go to fairly often. I look inside the tablets case and don't see the tablet. That's fine. I ask him if they have the chromebook. He looks at all the displays and just from it not being on display concludes that they don't have it. Irritating, but I let it go. I then remembered I wrote down the upc for the chromebook and looked it up on the app. Boom. The app says "limited stock $69". I show it to him. He presses it and the product page for a 3rd party seller shows up. "Oh sorry man, this is a 3rd party seller." I play dumb. "Oh, okay. Thanks anyway." I've had this happen before at BestBuy whenever I try price matching WM with them but didn't expect a WM associate to play the same card. I had the app open and had it to "AT YOUR STORE". Rule of thumb is that if the product shows up in the "At Your Store" tab, chances are high that the store has it...............somewhere or at least have 1 unit or the floor model. Like, it never occurred to him to see that it was the in-store price and said limited stock and just for shits and giggles decided to look inside the laptop cage to see if maybe it's sitting there somewhere. I mean, at least ACT like you're doing your job for fuckssake.
And it's exactly these kinds of experiences as to why so many people hate shopping at Walmart. I have spent my fair share of time working retail so I know how stupid customers can be at times but I was never so thoroughly lazy, unhelpful, or incompetent. You would think it is standard operating procedure with how often I see this sort of thing. I would have gotten fired from those jobs had I conducted myself the way these Walmart employees do. It's not everyone, but it is a lot of them. Disproportionately so compared to other retailers. It's not even close.

Oh and when you are in the Walmart app looking at an item in that store and then tap on it it tends to bring you to the Walmart.com page for it. That guy was clueless.

Similar experience with the employee not understanding how the app works the other day when picking up the Yeti mic. Knowing the price ahead of time is helpful as well as scanning the item yourself. As with most retail, training is likely insufficient and bare minimum.

I don't bother trying to get Wal-Mart to honor deals listed on Brickseek anymore. They're very, very rarely accurate, and it's so much hassle that I immediately regret it. I had a dilly of a time trying to convince WM to let me buy Codename STEAM for the price listed on their web site. They get really pissy about price matches, like you're trying to con the deed to the store out of them. It's a five dollar game! You have several copies, they're not moving, they may as well be glued to the store shelf. Fine... if you're so attached to the game that you're not willing to honor the price on your own web site, you can keep it. I'm sure you'll be quite happy together. Judging from all those twenty dollar copies of Tiger Woods for the Playstation 2, you'll be together for a long, long time.

I don't bother trying to get Wal-Mart to honor deals listed on Brickseek anymore. They're very, very rarely accurate, and it's so much hassle that I immediately regret it. I had a dilly of a time trying to convince WM to let me buy Codename STEAM for the price listed on their web site. They get really pissy about price matches, like you're trying to con the deed to the store out of them. It's a five dollar game! You have several copies, they're not moving, they may as well be glued to the store shelf. Fine... if you're so attached to the game that you're not willing to honor the price on your own web site, you can keep it. I'm sure you'll be quite happy together. Judging from all those twenty dollar copies of Tiger Woods for the Playstation 2, you'll be together for a long, long time.
Um, its $5 from a 3rd party. Their listing is for $32.84. They were in the right.

Well I had seen a bunch of Fire Emblem Fates Conquest listed on Brickseek last week, but I never saw them in my local store.

Then today I was picking up some Topo Chico and checked the game section and saw a bunch at been put out as well as Mario Paper Jam for $9.

Not bad at all!  I was also messing around with the Walmart app scanner and it seems to do a decent job.

And I got the last case of Topo Chico!

Had to drive about 30 miles one way to Simi Valley, CA, but was able to pry the final two copies of :3ds: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for $9 and the last copy of :3ds: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney for $3 from a Walmart backroom storage cage. Struck out on :pS4: Nioh for $1 and a white Series 1 42mm Apple Watch for $45 that BrickSeek said were also in stock, but neither the electronics rep nor the assistant manager could find them anywhere.

Um, its $5 from a 3rd party. Their listing is for $32.84. They were in the right.
I suspect he may have been talking about awhile back. I do remember seeing Code Name STEAM sold direct from Walmart.com for like $4-$5 for quite some time. At any rate that's basically the going rate for it.

If you still want Code Name STEAM, as much as I am not a fan of GameStop it may be worth trying there. You can ask someone there if they have any complete-in-box copies that were converted from new to 'preowned'. For whatever reason that's what they seemingly did with unsold new copies quite some time ago. That's how I got mine (before it was $4-$5 on Walmart's site) and it was in pristine condition.

bread's done
Back