Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Centipede Arcade 1Up $75.00

Asteroids Arcade 1Up $75.00

Hershey's Gold King Size $.25

The candy was mentioned on this thread a week or two ago.  Much to my surprise, all the bars at my local store have a promo in the package stating 'You Could Win Gold' but instead of gold, you are rewarded with a $.50 coupon off of two Hershey, Reese's or Kit Kat bars.  Well I'm saving my wrappers and needless to say 2 coupons turned in 4 free Hershey's Gold King Size bars earlier tonight.  I'm tempted to open all 4 and go pick up 8 more tomorrow to keep the candy train a rollin'....

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=184631925

VIZIO 50" Class D-Series 4K (2160P) Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV (D50-F1) (2018 Model) - $428 => $180

trchavez416  
that ones 150 for those that live near south euclid in ohio. thank you for posting the links

Wow, the arcade systems are even at $75 in my area.  Went straight from full price to that price.  

I decided to go ahead and open the SNES classic wireless controller made by myarcade and it seems to be pretty good so far.  I'm not used to the usual SNES controller having never had one and I know the positioning of the start select buttons irk some people, but it hasn't bothered me.  Input responsiveness has been good so far and it was easy to set up.  My Walmarts also have a SNES classic controller extender cord on clearance, currently half off at $5.

Went to get a Centipede since Canton had 2...

Get down our road, they're both gone.

If someone here bought both, giving you the finger as hard as I can.

I can't believe my good fortune. I just managed to pick up two of the Centipede arcades at my local Walmart for 75 each!  Now to flip em' for double.

If it says Limited Stock on those laptops, 99% of the time it's referencing the display model. I actually bought a couple of display models of them a little over a year ago when stores still had the displays out. I'm not sure what they do with display models for laptops they've discontinued, though.
Just a late update, even my 1 local store had a big fat 1 with a green circle on their devices but then when they scrolled down and it was 0 with red circles. Guessing they had the display but wouldn't sell it. The limited stock is still showing (I checked last Friday). Oh well, my luck.

Anyone else have luck actually finding the Huawei MateBook other then those who have claimed already?

Those are all budget sets. None of them are going to excel at HDR. Def don't spend money on the more expensive ones. They are all cheap, so you can pick your favorite cheap one. Individual reviews can be found here.

Thanks for the input, guys. Much appreciated. Again, though I consider myself a techie, this is one area of electronics that I just don't know as much as I think I should...really need to read up on HDR, true 4K resolution and all that jazz.

Thanks for the input, guys. Much appreciated. Again, though I consider myself a techie, this is one area of electronics that I just don't know as much as I think I should...really need to read up on HDR, true 4K resolution and all that jazz.
TCL 6 series is where it's at. Reviews love it, and anecdotally, my buddy has one too; it's a great TV.

The TCL 6 series at least has Dolby Vision, which a step up from most, if not all budget TVs. It has the best bang for your buck imo.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6-series-r617-2018

The TCL 6 series is one of if not the best of the budget tvs.  I got one and have had no issues and love it.  I think the launch issues have mostly been fixed as you see much less about it nowadays and it sounded like getting a replacement was painless.  I'd say get it if you have a high enough budget.  If not the TCL on clearance at Walmart for $318(ish?) would be a fine choice.  It wouldn't have DV, but still a great tv.  TCLs are Roku TVs and buying a rokutv in essence saves you another $50ish since you won't need to buy a 4k roku.  If your budget is higher and you want a bigger tv, it might be worth looking into that Samsung if it is available locally.  Is that a curved model?  I know WM has a curved on clearance, too

The TCL 6 series is one of if not the best of the budget tvs. I got one and have had no issues and love it. I think the launch issues have mostly been fixed as you see much less about it nowadays and it sounded like getting a replacement was painless. I'd say get it if you have a high enough budget. If not the TCL on clearance at Walmart for $318(ish?) would be a fine choice. It wouldn't have DV, but still a great tv. TCLs are Roku TVs and buying a rokutv in essence saves you another $50ish since you won't need to buy a 4k roku. If your budget is higher and you want a bigger tv, it might be worth looking into that Samsung if it is available locally. Is that a curved model? I know WM has a curved on clearance, too
which Samsung model are you referring to?

I'm not really seeing the allure of these arcade cabinets. What am I missing?
Not really anything. The cabinets are cheap for being arcade machines, but they're also tiny. They have one set up at my Walmart, and it looks like it's made for a child.

You can't modify them using the built-in components, but there are a number of guides online on how to mount a Pi 3 or other SBC inside it and load it with thousands of MAME games. Most likely you're looking at $100 in extra parts to get it up and running. $175 + tax isn't bad for a mini arcade with all those games, if you're okay with how small it is.

As far as good TV's for gaming, the 2018 Vizio P Series is buggy as all hell but if you get a good one, the picture is phenomenal. Playing on a Base PS4 and the upscaling makes it look razor sharp to my eyes.  

The Kano coding toys are dropping at some Walmarts. I was able to pick up the Make a Computer Kit for $35, the Pixel kit for $19 and the Motion Sensor kit for $7. I've also found a 360 Vivitar action camera for $17.

Not really anything. The cabinets are cheap for being arcade machines, but they're also tiny. They have one set up at my Walmart, and it looks like it's made for a child.

You can't modify them using the built-in components, but there are a number of guides online on how to mount a Pi 3 or other SBC inside it and load it with thousands of MAME games. Most likely you're looking at $100 in extra parts to get it up and running. $175 + tax isn't bad for a mini arcade with all those games, if you're okay with how small it is.
They sell extender accessories that make them taller...maybe two feet? I think they cost around $40-$50.

Centipede Arcade 1Up $75.00
Asteroids Arcade 1Up $75.00

Hershey's Gold King Size $.25

The candy was mentioned on this thread a week or two ago. Much to my surprise, all the bars at my local store have a promo in the package stating 'You Could Win Gold' but instead of gold, you are rewarded with a $.50 coupon off of two Hershey, Reese's or Kit Kat bars. Well I'm saving my wrappers and needless to say 2 coupons turned in 4 free Hershey's Gold King Size bars earlier tonight. I'm tempted to open all 4 and go pick up 8 more tomorrow to keep the candy train a rollin'....
Thank you! Was able to snag an Asteroids close by. Another store has the Centipede but still at $150. Patience.

Edit: Checked again after post and Centipede was showing 20 minutes away. Went in and five minutes later, Score. Thanks again!

Yep, these have finally dropped to the price point that makes me interested. But probably the last thing I need is more big crap in my house.
I feel the same way. The price point is attractive now but I don't really have much room for one, let alone the whole set.

I suppose if they get even cheaper I may have to find the room.

Thank you! Was able to snag an Asteroids close by. Another store has the Centipede but still at $150. Patience.

Edit: Checked again after post and Centipede was showing 20 minutes away. Went in and five minutes later, Score. Thanks again!
I ended up both because after my wife and I mutually decided not to get Asteroids she did anyway, heh.

Now I have to decide what to do with them...

This is exactly what I ended up doing. $100 is about right in general for a real basic setup. I've put in a little extra money. Definitely recommend getting the riser or make your own to raise the height unless you want to use a stool. The only thing original remaining in my cabinet is the screen and the cabinet shell. Arcade1up also has recently been selling some of the components directly on their website.

For those interested in a full size cabinet or a bartop and have a Micro Center nearby, they currently have them on-sale.

https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=0&NTX=&NR=&filterProperty=&NTT=arcade&NTK=all&page=1&sortby=pricehigh&SortNow=Go

Full-size kit is currently at $800 and the bartop at $550 or you can just go with the cabinet by itself for $300 or $100 for the bartop and buy your own components separately.

Lol, 36 pack of Cookies & Cream and Birthday Cake Rice Krispy Treats as low as $1.75 at stores (down from $9.xx)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=597685852

Low carb, im sure.

It’s funny you say that. Years ago I’d be all over these super cheap deals on candy and treats. Now I just skip right past them. The only clearance things the misses and I did buy recently was some target jelly beans of various flavors when easter candy hit 90% off. 1lb bags of candy for $.30 each was hard to pass up and can easily be gifted too.

I saw most of the mini retro games at Walmart today on clearance for $5.

Also found 2 pairs of Anker Active Noise cancelling headphones on clearance for $25.

Anker Bluetooth earbuds for $9

Soundbar above TV shelf for $9

Seagate 3tb for $25: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=319771236

Struck out at local store, 4 in stock but nowhere to be found. Apparently manager did markdown and knows where they would be, but not in until tomorrow.
Nice too bad none of them are in stock near by for me at that price. I even saw one listed for mayfield ohio for 10$ >.> The few that are in stock for me are all limited stock and at 64$ so while not a bad price not really worth the effort either. Especially since only one of them is close to my city.

Not sure if this one is good quality wise but they have this 1tb passport external harddrive for 53$ https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=186347776

This is exactly what I ended up doing. $100 is about right in general for a real basic setup. I've put in a little extra money. Definitely recommend getting the riser or make your own to raise the height unless you want to use a stool. The only thing original remaining in my cabinet is the screen and the cabinet shell. Arcade1up also has recently been selling some of the components directly on their website.
Do you have any general advice for the going the cheapass route? Right now I'm leaning towards returning Asteroids and keeping Centipede, but no matter what it seems like I need some sort of protection or the art will wear off, otherwise I'd probably leave it as is for now. The $12 shipping on the site bothers my cheapass sensibilities as well, $30 to protect a $75 item sucks. I could also just order a wooden piece that has all the right holes for a full two player layout, but of course I'm committing to modding it at that point, and I don't want to spend a whole lot to mod it (some recommendations seems to be around $200 worth of stuff).

Put together both Asteroids and Centipede last night and today and could be happier for $75 each. I was a little skeptical of the Galaga display, it was ruff looking. But took my time, not that much was needed, and very sturdy and well built. Definitely need risers. But seriously, as soon as I fired up Asteroids, it was like being 10 again. Not modding, these are for nostalgia and entertainment pieces for the game room.

Finally scored a copy of No Man's Sky (PS4), at a store that wasn't supposed to have it, no less. I casually mentioned two nearby stores had it for $5 (I couldn't find the copies there), and it wasn't coming up at the scanners. She went with $9.88 because that was the last price they had. I couldn't argue.

Also got some nice boxers for $3 on clearance. Made me laugh because they were in an electronics lock box

Do you have any general advice for the going the cheapass route? Right now I'm leaning towards returning Asteroids and keeping Centipede, but no matter what it seems like I need some sort of protection or the art will wear off, otherwise I'd probably leave it as is for now. The $12 shipping on the site bothers my cheapass sensibilities as well, $30 to protect a $75 item sucks. I could also just order a wooden piece that has all the right holes for a full two player layout, but of course I'm committing to modding it at that point, and I don't want to spend a whole lot to mod it (some recommendations seems to be around $200 worth of stuff).
I bought some items on ebay and those are no longer available. I used some coupons and ebay bucks at the time to save some money.

This Reddit post has some good info on parts to buy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/a5a2fi/arcade1up_modding_parts_list_updated_frequently/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Biggest thing is with the LCD driver boards matching with the display you have as not all displays are the same model.

This guy in Texas has a bunch of upgrade parts for sale as well for custom control panels and other things.

https://www.diyretroarcade.com/index.php/arcade1up-upgrades/arcade1up-panels/bare-control-deck.html

I bought the 2 player control panel from him, but looks like they have many more options now.

You might get by with $100, but $150 might be more realistic.

bread's done
Back