Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo hoo. Playstation classic was $15 at my walmart. Picked up 2. One for me and one as a christmas gift for nephew.
Great find. It's $25 by me. I already have one but might pick up one for my brother.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=659739661

Very easy to hack. I got 100 ps1 games, 100 arcade games, and about 40 snes games on a 128gb on a flash drive and still lots more room for other stuff. Whenever my buddies come over, they all want to play it, especially all those fun beat-em-up arcade games you can get on there.

The PlayStation Classic is also $40 at Target right now, and there's a 35% off coupon in the Cartwheel app.

Stack that with Redcard, and you're basically at $25 and change at Target if your Walmart doesn't have it.

It’s funny you say that. Years ago I’d be all over these super cheap deals on candy and treats. Now I just skip right past them. The only clearance things the misses and I did buy recently was some target jelly beans of various flavors when easter candy hit 90% off. 1lb bags of candy for $.30 each was hard to pass up and can easily be gifted too.
Unfortunately we're now in that holiday dead zone and there won't be any big seasonal candy clearance until after Halloween. I know some do special colors for Independence Day but not many.

Woo hoo. Playstation classic was $15 at my walmart. Picked up 2. One for me and one as a christmas gift for nephew.
Man, I know those things are basically junk but I wouldn't hesitate picking one up at a sub $20 price tag just for the novelty of it. Hopefully they drop in price around me soon.

I have a B7 OLED and that thing is amazing
Yep. You can currently get a clearance 55" LG B8 for $1049 and that's something anyone looking for a high-end television should consider. That's an excellent price point.

Personally I like the E8 for $1349 a little bit better; nicer form, good speakers, better processor. But a clearance B8 is a great deal for someone looking to get into OLED without having to baby their set.

I saw most of the mini retro games at Walmart today on clearance for $5.

Also found 2 pairs of Anker Active Noise cancelling headphones on clearance for $25.

Anker Bluetooth earbuds for $9

Soundbar above TV shelf for $9
Any idea what the Anker headphones were named? I could really use some but can't seem to find anything on brickseek.

Unfortunately we're now in that holiday dead zone and there won't be any big seasonal candy clearance until after Halloween. I know some do special colors for Independence Day but not many.
I got some Cadbury eggs on clearance a few weeks ago. They're kind of disgusting to an adult mind but the kid in me demanded it, knowing that the opportunity for more wasn't going to arise for a long, long time. Maybe it's for the best... I was going through a lot of seasonal candy and going without it for a few months will be good for my waistline.

Any idea what the Anker headphones were named? I could really use some but can't seem to find anything on brickseek.
Sorry for that first reply. I cannot find the headphones on brickseek. But here is the link to them on Walmarts sight. The UPC is 848061050851. I use Walmarts app more than brickseek. I've noticed that the Walmarts that carry the higher electronics like Razer or the Kano stem toys seem to have these headphones in stock. I sure hope you find some!
Anker Soundcore Space Nc Black+gray

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Anker-Soundcore-Space-Nc-Black-gray/261589288

I found it funny that the local Walmart ad is showing the Arcade 1 Up machines as a dad/grad gift for $299.99, including (I believe) the ones on clearance currently for $75/$150.

So went to a Walmart that showed 8 of the 25 dollar hard drives. Guy was nice enough to even sort through the 3 carts of clearance in the back, but found NONE. Called another walmart closer to home but in the other direction that showed 7. "nah man, we dont have any." and then when mentioned they were clearance and if theyd be somewhere else "Some dude came in and bought like alllllll the big clearance stuff as soon as it hit clearance so....." 

It sounded like I was talking to Jeff from American Dad.

Seagate 3tb for $25: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=319771236

Struck out at local store, 4 in stock but nowhere to be found. Apparently manager did markdown and knows where they would be, but not in until tomorrow.
I recommend people who dont see it at that price to check back each day, one of mine dropped to that today.

On a side note this model apparently uses an outlet for power. I dont like having too many things plugged into me surge protector... =/

Found some games recently:

X360 $1
Devil May Cry 4
Portal 2

$3
Borderlands 2 GOTY

$5
Mercenaries 2

3DS
$5
Style Savvy Trendsetters
Puzzle & Dragons Z Mario Edition

Also noticed some of the Pokemon games that were clearances before (Y, Ruby, Sapphire etc.) are showing up as .03 at some stores on BS. Good luck trying to find them at this point though.

I recommend people who dont see it at that price to check back each day, one of mine dropped to that today.

On a side note this model apparently uses an outlet for power. I dont like having too many things plugged into me surge protector... =/
Yep, these are 3.5" drives, so can't be powered via USB. I managed to get 2 of the drives via my sister who lives in a more rural area, so easier to get some of the clearance deals.

The one store I originally went to now shows 3 in-stock rather than 4. Most other stores nearby have dropped and are now OOS.

Street fighter 30th anniversary for xbone is $10, but only at one store in my area.

Marvel vs Capcom infinite, also xbone, is also $10, and also only at one store in my area.

I found it funny that the local Walmart ad is showing the Arcade 1 Up machines as a dad/grad gift for $299.99, including (I believe) the ones on clearance currently for $75/$150.
Went back in today and my Walmart was stocked with these. 3-4 of each...at $299. The waiting begins. The really good part is that they also stocked the risers. The other night they only had 2 really beat up risers that had definitely been there for awhile.

Yeah they stopped the trade ins on games a few months ago. I liked to trade games in there and use the trade in credit to buy discounted restaurant gift cards from Sam’s Club and because Amazon no longer takes trade ins on most low value older games.

Any deals on projectors? Was looking for a cheap one to hook up to a raspberry pi with retropie for playing old games on a big wall, doesn't need to be home theater quality.

Also, my Walmart had Driveclub VR for $5.00 a day or two ago.

Any deals on projectors? Was looking for a cheap one to hook up to a raspberry pi with retropie for playing old games on a big wall, doesn't need to be home theater quality.
Also, my Walmart had Driveclub VR for $5.00 a day or two ago.
Try this RCA one for $70. SKU 783069745

Found a few diamonds in the rough today:

:switch:Splatoon 2 Power A Wired Controller $5

:pc:Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse $13

plus picked up the Anker Noise Cancelling Cans & the Seagate 3TB External Drive for a friend.

Struck out on the Anker Switch External Battery at 2 locations.  "On hand" should mean "We don't know where the fuck it is & too bad for you..."  Love how they suggest the Arcade1up machines could have been stolen  :shame:

Usual WM clearance shenanigans...

lol I see some of the recent deals posted are straight from slickdeals.

Here is the thread for a full list of items on clearance with SKU numbers: https://slickdeals.net/f/13101907-walmart-electronics-clearance-megathread-bm-ymmv?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

Tip: Download the Walmart app and scan to see if that item is on clearance. Very useful for items locked inside the glass cage.

So far I bought: Netgear X4S AC2600 Gaming Router $54, 2x Sony Bluetooth XB-10 Speakers $13 each, 2x Sony Bluetooth XB-31 Speakers $25 each, Sony XB650BT Headphones $19, 2x Dr. Dre Beats EP On-Ear Headphones $30, 2x Seagate 3TB $25, LG Bluetooth Soundbar $19, and 4x Apple lighting cables $2 each.

I was glad to see the MK/Final Fight Arcade machines are now in stock at my closet WM. Just too bad the cheap ass in me doesn't want to pay full price.

Thanks very much. Incidentally, on that list, the 64gb Pny sticks instead have a picture of a 16gb stick on its BS link. The text description above its picture says 64gb. They are as low as $1 at some WM's in my area...though it's unclear if they are indeed 64gb or the 16gb ones.

453883550 for the hori mini controller. I was in a different town today doing other stuff but stopped by the local walmart to check their clearance section and found one entirely by chance, was pretty shocked/happy because I have been on the lookout for some extra controllers recently and hadn't recalled this one posted here.

Been using it all night and I like it but I have to imagine it's really horrible if you have large hands. Even as someone with pretty small hands it's almost too small. It's roughly as wide as the joycon grip that comes with the Switch, except the form factor is different obviously.

bread's done
Back