Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a Walmart that BS stock that showed two of the headphones in stock . Didn’t see them in the normal headphone locked case or clearance . Had a worker look up the UPC and a manager said they are in a holding bin in the back . Worker went in the back and came out with both so I snagged them ! Thank you guys !
wow you're very lucky. i have a walmart near me that has 6 $11 razer keyboards in stock but every time i ask them for assistance they say they don't have it. they don't even check their systems.

Never found the mouse I was looking for but I found a different one that rang up $7.00

lGtzjRJ.jpg

Also Diablo reaper of souls expansion was $3 on PC

XzLCAzz.jpg

Blarf, I keep falling for SD...and it keeps burning me.  I cannot tell you the last time it was accurate (yes I'm aware it's usually the store's fault).  I mean I get it when it says there's one or two left, but SEVEN?!?!  Oh well, I guess I already have a cheap decent bluetooth speaker...no biggie.

Man. These people are lazy. So brickseek has 7 in stock. When u ask, they say its on the sales floor. I kept pushing to check the back and they wont go check claiming everything is on the floor.

Yea, who knows with this crap. I saw last night that the Walmart by me had Rampage for $150 (first store to discount it) and I checked again at work. So I figured I'd run there on my way home and about half way there I checked again and it still said 2. The i looked in store and all they had was 3 street fighters and 2 Pacman.
So I checked again online and it said limited stock, how is it possible that it changed that fast, unless someone literally was maybe a few mins before me? Or someone checked stock or how does that work?

Also does anyone know how it works if I do it online for pickup in store? It shows $300 so how would that work? I was going to try but wasn't sure what would happen.

Sorry for the 2nd post I don't see an edit on mobile.

I also asked someone who walked by if they had any other arcades anywhere and he said no, so who knows.

Yeah Walmart employees are known liars about keeping clearance items in the back lol, have solace in knowing they're so disorganized that even if the employee had checked it would have taken them at least an hour to find the needle in the haystack because Walmart is a disheveled garbage corporation

Yea, who knows with this crap. I saw last night that the Walmart by me had Rampage for $150 (first store to discount it) and I checked again at work. So I figured I'd run there on my way home and about half way there I checked again and it still said 2. The i looked in store and all they had was 3 street fighters and 2 Pacman.
So I checked again online and it said limited stock, how is it possible that it changed that fast, unless someone literally was maybe a few mins before me? Or someone checked stock or how does that work?

Also does anyone know how it works if I do it online for pickup in store? It shows $300 so how would that work? I was going to try but wasn't sure what would happen.
So Walmart inventory should update within an hour or less . My experience is within minutes. If you buy an item online for pickup at a store that has the item cheaper, when you go to pick it up you will be credited the difference if you paid more online. If Walmart ships item to you or store then you don’t get the cheaper price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah Walmart employees are known liars about keeping clearance items in the back lol, have solace in knowing they're so disorganized that even if the employee had checked it would have taken them at least an hour to find the needle in the haystack because Walmart is a disheveled garbage corporation
I think it would be somewhat easier to find something that large though at least.

So Walmart inventory should update within an hour or less . My experience is within minutes. If you buy an item online for pickup at a store that has the item cheaper, when you go to pick it up you will be credited the difference if you paid more online. If Walmart ships item to you or store then you don’t get the cheaper price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, yea the store I went to says it will be there Tuesday if I do in store, so that means they are going to ship it. I will just have to keep checking prices until they lower the price in the other stores. I have been to 1 or 2 that I know for sure have them in store, so this way I at least know they were there before the sale in case I go and I don't see any.

The clearance and value games that had been unexpectedly removed from the shelves at my local Walmart have mysteriously turned up again.  Back then, they removed every game under $19.99 from the shelves.  Since I wasn't sure why they disappeared in the first place, and they might disappear again, so I grabbed a clearance copy of Dead Island: Definitive Collection for Xbox One for $9 along with a copy of Everybody's Golf for PS4 for $14.88.  With three games on one disc, Dead Island seemed to be a no-brainer.

You honestly expect them to do some actual manual labor and push that thing out on a cart?
Not really no but I just can't imagine anyone taking them seriously when they say they couldn't find something so large. I do think that anyone that works in the back would probably be happy to be rid of them though given they take up so much space and probably have to be moved around occasionally.

Not really no but I just can't imagine anyone taking them seriously when they say they couldn't find something so large. I do think that anyone that works in the back would probably be happy to be rid of them though given they take up so much space and probably have to be moved around occasionally.
In the back, at least at my store we have "bins" pretty much shelves that move with a button. So something like that would honestly not be in the way at all. And it is up to managers if some items get taken out to the floor or not. Also they have rooms that only some people have keys to, that hold "higher end" stuff. Really the store is supposed to scan all the items every week or so to see if they can go out but alot of the time they dont with electronics. And they honestly may just not have it. If the box is damaged they cant always sell it so they send it back but it is in inventory still unless someone takes it off but thst is unlikely

It'll take a hour just to find a Walmart employee that works in the electronic section that'll willing to service you.

My walmart has like 24 registers and the most that is ever open is like half of them on Black Friday only. Otherwise its two registers open, one for cigarettes and then a employee on each side of self checkout since every other item people ring up is a unknown item and requires employee assistance.

Customer service is very poor. I can rarely get them to answer their phone out of like 5 stores. Whether I call 12pm ot 12am. Half the time they pick up and hang up on you.

I don't even show them my receipts on the way out any more. They put their hands on me they better hope I stole because the person who does is probably going to get hurt and walmart is going to be in some legality issues.

A lot of them get paid starvation wages without benefits, so I never expect much. I also don't think Walmart is a career job, and yet so many people seem happy to go there after high school and never achieve more. And in that sense, you should know you're inherently dealing with people who lack either capability or motivation, otherwise they'd be trying for more than part-time pocket change.

Not really trying to be a dick again, but anyone who works at Walmart and reads this should realize that you only have limited time to make your dreams reality. You gotta work hard and keep trying for what you want, nobody's going to give it to you.

A lot of them get paid starvation wages without benefits, so I never expect much. I also don't think Walmart is a career job, and yet so many people seem happy to go there after high school and never achieve more. And in that sense, you should know you're inherently dealing with people who lack either capability or motivation, otherwise they'd be trying for more than part-time pocket change.

Not really trying to be a dick again, but anyone who works at Walmart and reads this should realize that you only have limited time to make your dreams reality. You gotta work hard and keep trying for what you want, nobody's going to give it to you.
Another raging manchild insulting people that work because he couldnt find a toy. Kind of ironic because if you had a decent job you would not be throwing a tantrum right now.

You must be another man that cant find a toy.
Wrong. Actually found SNES Classic extender cables a couple of weeks ago. First Walmart clearance attempt I've made in a while, and it was a total success.

Also staring at a clearance 4K TV from a couple of years ago.

But nice try!

It's just like the reactionaries in this thread to think that "people that work" part-time for starvation wages, who use food stamps to supplement the income they receive from the single largest B&M retail chain IN THE WORLD, shouldn't be motivated to actively seek better jobs. And anyone telling them to aspire for more is either passive-aggressively upset at something (?), or an asshole. Not like I said that anyone capable of doing more should go for more or anything, lmao. You kids are great.

"people that work" part-time for starvation wage
Are they too damn stupid to shop at the place they work? You can work there an hour and buy like 10 pounds of food. If you are still starving under those circumstances that's your bad and you really are an incompetent moron.

It's just like the reactionaries in this thread to think that "people that work" part-time for starvation wages, who use food stamps to supplement the income they receive from the single largest B&M retail chain IN THE WORLD, shouldn't be motivated to actively seek better jobs. And anyone telling them to aspire for more is either passive-aggressively upset at something (?), or an asshole. Not like I said that anyone capable of doing more should go for more or anything, lmao. You kids are great.
Maybe we're just scratching our heads over the idea that you are on a video game deals website spouting life advice to Walmart employees.

If you know how to make their lives better, then go out and do it...don't post about it here. You only have a limited time to fix other people's lives so go out there and do it instead of just talking about it.

The last twenty posts in this thread have people calling Walmart employees thieves, liars, idiots, and incompetents. Someone is threatening physical violence against the receipt checkers/greeters. This thread is starting to read like a white supremacist's rant...just swap out whatever minority with "Walmart employees".

Though most Walmart workers I engage with don't seem to know how to do their job or want to, I know better and know the majority are there doing their job. They as well as all people (who work) deserve a livable wage comparable to the price of goods and living expenses whether that's a teacher or cashier anywhere.

Too many people think working those jobs are supposed to give out less money but ignore that the majority of people working those fields are paying rent, for their children, etc. These companies can pay more and if it wasn't for minimum wage laws, people would starve.

I think a good amount of you need to rethink you're thinking when you truly believe harm should come to a worker simply doing their job. Real high sense of entitlement coming from some of you.

Still upset about not getting a clearance toy? You are a grown man. Get a decent job.

A Walmart that I go to often has decided to lock every expensive thing up (bike equipment, makeup, etc) behind a glass case, like the video game section. The problem now is, anytime you want something, you have to find a worker to open a glass case. Anyone else have this problem?

It's not a people problem, it's a work culture problem. Chick-fil-A pays comparably to Walmart, and their customer service is extraordinary.

But I do get your frustration with Walmart. Some of the employees don't seem to have a basic understanding of what good customer service is. However, I do find it sad that users on a website called "Cheap Ass Gamer" would ever think that retail employees are beneath them.

Be nice to people on your way up...you may meet them again on your way down.

Maybe we're just scratching our heads over the idea that you are on a video game deals website spouting life advice to Walmart employees.

If you know how to make their lives better, then go out and do it...don't post about it here. You only have a limited time to fix other people's lives so go out there and do it instead of just talking about it.

The last twenty posts in this thread have people calling Walmart employees thieves, liars, idiots, and incompetents. Someone is threatening physical violence against the receipt checkers/greeters. This thread is starting to read like a white supremacist's rant...just swap out whatever minority with "Walmart employees".
lol * * * W h I t E s U p R e M a C y * * *

Sorry if it's true that Walmart employees lied to me :roll:

I stopped by a store in Asheville, NC a year ago that had blocked the lower shelf.  Only store I've seen do that in the game section.  All of them here have done that in the laptop section.

Walmart does not really pay bad. It starts at 11 an hour and you get a discount card after 90 days. I am working there as i am starting college but i dont get how people have a bad experience with one person and blame it on walmart. Everyone has a bad day. And a lot of time associates are hounded for no reason as it is. And typically you are only trained in one area unless you request to get move.I understand the employees not every being in electronics when need because that gets on my nerves as well.

Thank you for the info. I snagged the WiFI garage door opener for $35, a 3TB Seagate drive for $25, the 2x16 Flash Drives for $5, two of the Razer Black Widow keyboards for $11 each, and the Corsair Glaive mouse for $7.

As for games:
Minecraft Story Mode Complete - XBox One - $7
Need for Speed - Xbox One - $5
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - PS4 - $9
all of which are worth a couple dollars more at Gamestop right now with the +$5 deal
Sorry for digging up an old post but I was quite a bit behind on the thread. Do you have any info about the garage door opener? I don't see anything with a quick search in the thread. TIA

bread's done
Back