Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll take a hour just to find a Walmart employee that works in the electronic section that'll willing to service you.
THIS, times 1000. Seems 8 times out of 10, the Electronics section is completely deserted at any Walmart I go to...even during peak shopping hours. Most of the time, I have to go to the front of the store and very nicely ask that they get someone to Electronics to help me. If I ask other employees in the vicinity of Electronics, they usually just put their hands up...."not my area man". I now just expect it will be a ghost town back there. Then, when I ask them to get something out from behind the locked glass doors, they look at me like I've asked them to balance the budget. My favorite quote from an employee when I asked if they had any PS4 PRO's in the back: "Dude, I don't even know anything about that". That was a coupla weeks back.

There are good people at Walmart for sure, but by and large, let's just say it's not often a "pleasant" experience in there.

#NotAllWalmartEmployees

To the poster above who said not to blame Walmart itself, I don't know what else to tell you, but I've had enough experiences in just the past few weeks of them straight up lying to me out of convenience.  I've had a handful of good experiences too when they were unloading all those $3 games but they were the exception, not the rule.  I highly doubt the issues I have had are a conspiracy of Walmart employee laziness, it's clearly a corporate culture problem that Walmart has no interest remedying.  Who knows, I'm no MBA, it may not be in their interests to fix the problem, but I'm still going to make fun of the employees and definitely the company itself because I'm sure both any sales floor employee or corporate drone who sees these posts as a slight to them has thick enough skin to take the L on this issue.

And despite the fact that receipt checkers should absolutely be blown off in all circumstances you probably shouldn't assault them even if they touch you LMAO just walk away with your paid goods like a normal human being.  Then again Walmart just may be dumb enough to not have a no-chase policy.

It's probably where they hold extra stock. I remember that's where the PSTVs were a few years ago, back when Wal-Mart carried them.
Yeah but why hide your merchandise?? The big caged section behind the checkouts in electronics was also all blocked so you couldn't see anything. The girl said they had a couple of recent issues of theft, pretty extreme if you ask me. I actually had the girl open every cabinet so I could look through them all. There were a ton of games but all I came away with was a 3DS Sonic Boom Fire & Ice for $5

Walmart may be the only place they can buy stuff in their area or is the only one selling an item.  I only go there for toilet cleaner myself since none of the convenience or grocery stores in my area sell any.

Right, it's not on sale, I'm just mentioning the item for future clearance.
It's $20 at a Walmart in my area.

2wmgrqb.jpg

wow, such a horrible place walmart is, so why keep shopping there?
In my experience, brick-and-mortar Walmart stores keep copies of older games longer than the brick-and-mortar Best Buy and Target stores. They also tend to stock more copies. So, there's more of a chance of finding certain games there and on clearance if you wait long enough.

Does ammo ever go on clearance? I'm stocking up prior to the July 1st Cali deadline & Walmart has the best pricing given most online sellers won't ship their best sales/bulk ammo to Cali now.
I’m sure Cabela’s, Academy, and Sportsman’s will have Fourth of July sales before that date. Its probably best to leave California if you can. They’re making it difficult to be a gun owner there

Yeah but why hide your merchandise?? The big caged section behind the checkouts in electronics was also all blocked so you couldn't see anything. The girl said they had a couple of recent issues of theft, pretty extreme if you ask me. I actually had the girl open every cabinet so I could look through them all. There were a ton of games but all I came away with was a 3DS Sonic Boom Fire & Ice for $5
...and people wonder why employees are nowhere to be found for such a tedious run-around. I'd hide in the back and look busy to avoid you as well.

...and people wonder why employees are nowhere to be found for such a tedious run-around. I'd hide in the back and look busy to avoid you as well.
Hahaha!! Really?? It's called don't be stupid and hide your merchandise them I wouldn't have had to have the girl open every case

So again I went to a Walmart that said they had 3 Asteroids arcades. I show up and none are to be found of course, since I'm probably 0/15 or more on clearance items now.

So we are standing by electronics for a while and no one is around or showing up. Then an employee walks by and we ask him for help. So I ask "do you have any other arcades than what's already over there?" And saying something about 1up arcades bla bla. So he walks me over and says "there over here". So I say "yea but do you have anymore anywhere else? It's showing 3 in stock". So he says let me go find someone that works over here and walks away. Then I see some lady getting help at the games case. Also at this point my wife is getting pissed that no one's helping and getting sick of going to Walmarts all over the place and ghetto ones to find nothing. So she walks around looking for that guy and he's eating popcorn somewhere. Now that I think about it though, I think maybe what happened was the other guy came over to electronics to help and either got caught up with someone by the games or didn't know who it was that needed help.
So then and older woman was walking by and my wife was trying to ask her for help and she kept looking dumbfounded I guess and ended up coming over to me. So I asked her the same questions and showed her the 3 listed as in stock and she just walks away without saying anything. I'm assuming she asked the guy by the games case who was still with that person and comes back and she says that he says we don't have any in stock. Then of course my wife gets more pissed and I already knew this is how it was going to go anyway. Because I'm guessing they are probably in the back if they have them but no one's going to check or look anything up.
I only want Rampage out of the first series, but am just trying to get one damn arcade since they are cheap, just to have one. I'd like to have one in case I miss out on Rampage and just something to hold me over until I do.

I’ve been fortunate on couple things (got Asteroids and Centipede) but missed a few too. The way I’ve found most effective is to ask someone with a scanner. Show them the barcode and have them scan to see if they show in stock. I’ve found if u show them anything else or just ask about a specific title it’s almost useless. And yes, electronics is a wasteland when trying to find anyone lol.

Picked up copies of the Bad Dudes and Karate Champ Retro Mini Arcades for $5 each.  Seems to be that price at most, if not all, Walmarts for those two in particular.

Here's what you guys are doing wrong:

1) DON'T SHOW THEM BRICKSEEK OR ANYTHING WITH INVENTORY DATA!

2) Use the brickseek "View Barcode" button to get a barcode. It will open up in a new tab free of Brickseek info.

3) Just say "Do you have a scanner? I am looking for this item and it shows you have stock." Make them use their handheld scanner. Do not let them bullshit you with "I don't have one" or any bullshit where they won't attempt to scan it. Ask them to get someone that has one or get a manager.

4) If Brickseek shows anything besides "no inventory" then it will show the same on their scanner. 100/100 times this works. It WILL match Brickseek's quantity (even limited) unless someone bought some since it last updated (every 30 min? Idk).

5) If there is no location from the scanner (most likely with clearance) , then ask them to check the back. If they refuse, ask for a Department manager or manager.

6) Say "thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to help me" in a sincere tone when whoever says they will check the back.

7) If they find it, tell them thank you. If they don't, ask them politely why they might still show up in inventory (this is useful information, trust me) and thank them for looking.

8) If they did not find it, ask them when they are scheduled to do physical inventory again.

9) Check brickseek a few days after they tell you when they did inventory. Check the store again. Repeat all these steps if necessary, but now you can say "if you think it was shrink, then why does it still show in inventory after doing physical inventory a few days ago?" after knowing their scanner still shows the same count from before.

10) Ask them to look again or have them get a manager.

11) Don't go back to the store again expecting different results if you strike out a few times.

Hey thanks SephirothWF for the info/strategy. I will try most of that but doubt I will do all that. How's your luck with limited stock by doing this?

At this point not even our scanners are accurate apparently. I had a lady saying she was interested in a certain seat cushion for her outdoor patio furniture. She wanted four. We only had 3 on the floor even though my scanner said we were supposed to have 7. I told a manager this and was promptly told to tell the customer that what was on the floor was what we had.

I found two elder scrolls online for PC for $3 each but they refused the sale. On the scanner they showed $3 when I rang them up I think it was unknown and they refused the sale. Probably could have made a issue since they were on the sales floor with stickers but not worth all the hassle on small stuff.

A few Walmarts are closing. See if your store made the list.

https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-stores-closing-list-2019-3
My main one (the smaller one in the area) is one of the 500 getting a major remodel this year. The one on the other side of the county got remodeled last year. Reading deeper into the situation the 17 stores closed/closing are under performing stores mostly in over saturated markets.

I've been to a few store where they do them regularly. Not monthly, but maybe quarterly.
The one I shop at does it several times a year as well.

At this point not even our scanners are accurate apparently. I had a lady saying she was interested in a certain seat cushion for her outdoor patio furniture. She wanted four. We only had 3 on the floor even though my scanner said we were supposed to have 7. I told a manager this and was promptly told to tell the customer that what was on the floor was what we had.
I think likely what happened is a cashier error ringing up multiple items for past customers... or the cushions were on a display as that's the perfect number missing from inventory (7-3=4) for that kind of thing.... or they just come 4 per box and there was a box sitting up high and overlooked in the garden center. I've often seen stock for items I was hunting on the top shelf, usually I just help myself in those situations unless someone is working the department.

There is also the chance that the blue pillows were accidentally scanned with the pink pillows when received and they are under the UPC/SKU. So really there were 3 pink pilows and the 4 blue pillows you saw next to them were the "7" count.

I mean, its better than 180 miles. You gotta be fucking dumb to drive 360 miles round trip to save $30 (recent online deal had a Pro for $330).

Assuming 10% tax, the PRO will be $330 and you maybe save $30 on Spidey (wasn't it $20 last week?).

I didn't mean for him to call and confirm if they had it so he can buy it, but to prove that sonewhere, out in the wilds, there is a lone Spidey PRO just randomly sitting on a shelf somewhere.

And yes, calling is fine sometimes. If its close, don't bother tho.

Edit: If I didn't call, I wouldn't have got 3 copies of Fantasy Life for $3 since they were mysteriously showing up as out of stock the day after I previously checked. And the two CAGs I traded with wouldn't have gotten one.

As if the worker doesn't take a 5 minute break in the back, come back to the phone and say, "Nope, didn't find any."
Wal-Mart really could be making a ton more money if it fired all the trash disguised as human beings working there and hired a fresh batch of well-trained, well-threatened employees. They don't even need to pay more. Just drill it into their heads that shitty behavior will not be tolerated. I fucking hate Wal-Mart because of all the retarded high-school dropouts that make their living working there.

Wal-Mart really could be making a ton more money if it fired all the trash disguised as human beings working there and hired a fresh batch of well-trained, well-threatened employees. They don't even need to pay more. Just drill it into their heads that shitty behavior will not be tolerated. I fucking hate Wal-Mart because of all the retarded high-school dropouts that make their living working there.
Yikes bro...

bread's done
Back