Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
He stands outside one yelling at people not to go inside.
b05e3a0a9d9280c1515037987a5b72d6.jpg

Wal-Mart really could be making a ton more money if it fired all the trash disguised as human beings working there and hired a fresh batch of well-trained, well-threatened employees. They don't even need to pay more. Just drill it into their heads that shitty behavior will not be tolerated. I fucking hate Wal-Mart because of all the retarded high-school dropouts that make their living working there.
giphy.gif

1. That comment is not only bait, it's pure projection.

2. How precisely does one obtain & more importantly, retain a "well-threatened employee", besides some brutal form of (wage) slavery/indentured servitude? I mean Walmart already is in effective the modern day "company store" and only game in town in many places, so I guess all they would have to do is make their employees' experience ever so slightly shittier by keeping them "well-threatened".

3. See gif above.

giphy.gif

2. How precisely does one obtain & more importantly, retain a "well-threatened employee", besides some brutal form of (wage) slavery/indentured servitude. I mean Walmart already is in effectively the modern day "company store" and only game in town in many places, so I guess all they would have to do is make their employees' experience ever so slightly shittier by keeping them "well-threatened".
3. See gif above.
Lol, correct on all counts.

Here's what you guys are doing wrong:

1) DON'T SHOW THEM BRICKSEEK OR ANYTHING WITH INVENTORY DATA!

2) Use the brickseek "View Barcode" button to get a barcode. It will open up in a new tab free of Brickseek info.

3) Just say "Do you have a scanner? I am looking for this item and it shows you have stock." Make them use their handheld scanner. Do not let them bullshit you with "I don't have one" or any bullshit where they won't attempt to scan it. Ask them to get someone that has one or get a manager.

4) If Brickseek shows anything besides "no inventory" then it will show the same on their scanner. 100/100 times this works. It WILL match Brickseek's quantity (even limited) unless someone bought some since it last updated (every 30 min? Idk).

5) If there is no location from the scanner (most likely with clearance) , then ask them to check the back. If they refuse, ask for a Department manager or manager.

6) Say "thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to help me" in a sincere tone when whoever says they will check the back.

7) If they find it, tell them thank you. If they don't, ask them politely why they might still show up in inventory (this is useful information, trust me) and thank them for looking.

8) If they did not find it, ask them when they are scheduled to do physical inventory again.

9) Check brickseek a few days after they tell you when they did inventory. Check the store again. Repeat all these steps if necessary, but now you can say "if you think it was shrink, then why does it still show in inventory after doing physical inventory a few days ago?" after knowing their scanner still shows the same count from before.

10) Ask them to look again or have them get a manager.

11) Don't go back to the store again expecting different results if you strike out a few times.
I know I'm a few days late on this, but damn, this is an excellent post. I love how excuse-proof this strategy is. Thank you for sharing.

The things we do for bargains... 😂

So we're getting a lesson in commerce from a guy with 50% positive feedback on this site? Yikes indeed.

Moreover, I don't understand what you're supposed to gain from mistreating your already overworked and disgruntled employees, unless you're a fan of workplace violence.

My boss just told me he saw a switch at the Walmart next door for $150. He's kind of an idiot (a well meaning idiot) but I'll peek after work. I'm headed there for some groceries anyway. I don't really need a second switch so I dunno if I'd even buy it.

If course the store has a half price switch but no pokemon eevee controller bundle I want so bad lol.

My boss just told me he saw a switch at the Walmart next door for $150. He's kind of an idiot (a well meaning idiot) but I'll peek after work. I'm headed there for some groceries anyway. I don't really need a second switch so I dunno if I'd even buy it.

If course the store has a half price switch but no pokemon eevee controller bundle I want so bad lol.
Well isn't that special... Meanwhile I'd punch a baby (not really guys!) if it got me a Switch at half price.

2. How precisely does one obtain & more importantly, retain a "well-threatened employee", besides some brutal form of (wage) slavery/indentured servitude. I mean Walmart already is in effectively the modern day "company store" and only game in town in many places, so I guess all they would have to do is make their employees' experience ever so slightly shittier by keeping them "well-threatened".

3. See gif above.
Let's see here.

1. As a Democrat, I know full well about projection and the party that embodies it. I'm not projecting. I go to Wal-Mart and get frustrated at the morons who don't want to do their goddamn job.

2. You "threaten" them by docking their pay or hours. Nothing illegal or harmful but still bad enough for them to not slack off.

3. I thought people would agree with me. Everyone here has faced the stonewalling of a Wal-Mart employee and I thought you would all welcome a serious change that forces them to do their job well.

Wow...thanks. I was just trying to help.

Let's see here.

1. As a Democrat, I know full well about projection and the party that embodies it. I'm not projecting. I go to Wal-Mart and get frustrated at the morons who don't want to do their goddamn job.

2. You "threaten" them by docking their pay or hours. Nothing illegal or harmful but still bad enough for them to not slack off.

3. I thought people would agree with me. Everyone here has faced the stonewalling of a Wal-Mart employee and I thought you would all welcome a serious change that forces them to do their job well.

Thank God Trump won.

Wal-Mart really could be making a ton more money if it fired all the trash disguised as human beings working there and hired a fresh batch of well-trained, well-threatened employees. They don't even need to pay more. Just drill it into their heads that shitty behavior will not be tolerated. I fucking hate Wal-Mart because of all the retarded high-school dropouts that make their living working there.
Well-threatened employees? You have some mental issues. I suggest seeking help.

was it $150?

Let's see here.

1. As a Democrat...
As someone who votes Democrat/progressive, I find your words on this pretty repugnant and gross.

2. You "threaten" them by docking their pay or hours.
Walmart already pays crappy wages and tries not to give people enough hours to get benefits. How exactly is that threat supposed to work? Maybe instead, the workers that don't care would care more if they were treated better? Have you ever heard of the phrase "you get what you pay for"?

Speaking from personal experience, I've held a couple different jobs in the last decade doing basically the exact same type of thing at both. At one of them, the pay was shit and they tried like hell to not let people gain full time status and benefits (something I only barely managed to eventually do right before I left). In the other (my current job), I am paid nearly twice as much now as what I was making when I left the old job (and is still way more than what I'd be making now had I stayed at the old job), and I started at full time with benefits after one month. I also get quarterly bonuses tied to performance.

Do you want to wager a guess as to which job I cared/care more about?

I do. Just not your change.

Also, Jesus EFFING Christ, a work environment based around threats and fear is incredibly demoralizing regardless of what you're getting paid. What in the absolute hell is wrong with you?

My 12 year son bday is coming up and he's looking for a gaming laptop or similar specs.He won't be running AAA games but decent games is there any good laptops on clearance? Thanks in advance.

I think it was very clear that he wasn't referencing physical threats. More of a do your job or get fired/reduced hours kind of threat. You know, like every other normal job.
Nah... He’s got issues he needs to work on. Maybe he should avoid Walmart in the future. This thread is for posting clearance items, not rage typing about how you feel.

19c1f256b1f4b8e0fa96801752363401.jpg

Maybe I am just lucky, but the 7 or 8 Walmarts I shop at in my general region have extremely nice employees who go out of their way to help. Trying to get someone to answer the phone in electronics is pretty much futile, but when actually going into the store the workers do a tremendous job in doing their best to help locate items. It's not like Walmart is known for hiring MENSA members and giving its employees first-class treatment and pay, so I feel like the employees are doing the best they can given their situation. I'd much rather shop there than most other box store chains in large part because I have found the employees to be so kind and helpful.

I find it pretty telling about the state of our world that on a site called CHEAPASSGAMER people are getting into angered political debates.  At this point I'm almost starting to hope for the zombie apocalypse or that some passing aliens will just vaporize us from orbit and put us all out of our misery.

Not to change the subject but for anyone that has actually found the mini arcade Bad Dudes or Karate Champion... Where did you find them? Toys, electronics, clearance? Mine claimed to have six or so of each but I couldn't find them.

Not to change the subject but for anyone that has actually found the mini arcade Bad Dudes or Karate Champion... Where did you find them? Toys, electronics, clearance? Mine claimed to have six or so of each but I couldn't find them.
If a site has them, they'll be located in electronics near video games. Keep in mind that they are all NES ports, and those two are generally considered the worst

I find it pretty telling about the state of our world that on a site called CHEAPASSGAMER people are getting into angered political debates. At this point I'm almost starting to hope for the zombie apocalypse or that some passing aliens will just vaporize us from orbit and put us all out of our misery.
This kind of shit happens on most of the message boards I'm part of. It's the internets.

As topchief said, I have always found them in electronics except for one time. Most often, they have been in a classic gaming section in the gaming area of electronics or a clearance end cap in the electronics department. One store had a big clearance section a few aisles down from electronics which had clearance from all over the store including electronics items and they were there.

I've seen them in stores near the toy section and also in general clearance aisles, if your store has one.

Pretty sure all game guides are $3 now, not 100% sure though. Interesting thing is some of these are listed as $3 MSRP on Brickseek so even if your store doesn't show up with a price (mine didn't ring up at all at checkout or on the app) it may still give you the $3 price

Ones I found at my store:

Wolfenstein 2 CE - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=350492391

Pokemon Sun/Moon - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=393519235

Mario Odyssey CE - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=664286312

Mario Odyssey RE - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=925719812

Assassin's Creed Origins CE - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=450994960

Another SKU for Origins (one of them may be the RE mislabeled because my store had both) - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=597067477

Far Cry 5 CE - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=548077458

SNES Classic book - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=572822483

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=296624947

Splatoon 2 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55970742

There's a bunch more that show up in the Brickseek search so basically just check your Walmarts, my store has the guides on an endcap toward the back of electronics in a magazine rack.

bread's done
Back