Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to change the subject but for anyone that has actually found the mini arcade Bad Dudes or Karate Champion... Where did you find them? Toys, electronics, clearance? Mine claimed to have six or so of each but I couldn't find them.
Video game section, in the aisle that has miscellaneous gamer items like these.

Just gonna toss this one out there, TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan. All versions of the game are on clearance at random prices but I bring it up because the PS3 version is $5 around me. https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=49574637

Not exactly a well reviewed/loved game or anything but I wanted it for my Platinum games collection and it's another game that is delisted on digital store fronts, was pulled in less than a year presumably due to it reviewing poorly and I doubt it sold very well.

Ok, looks like we've got some new people.
Check out this list. Some have updated to be lower and more have been found later on but this is the majority of the ones to look for.https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354427-walmart-ymmv-in-store-clearance-thread-i-read-the-faqs/page-252#entry14136011
I found 2 copies of Paper Jam for $5 yesterday. It was just sitting in the back but the store always has good custoner service so no horror stories.
Would be interested in the paper jam if you picked up an extra one.

I found a store with three of the Asteroids Arcade1up machines.  Was tempted, but ultimately passed.

If a Street Fighter or Rampage went to $75, I'd scoop them up.  

I'd want one to mod, but the Asteroids cab would basically require a standard controller panel/layout, and I don't want to mess with it.

it kind of got lost in the last pages but I wanted to confirm all the game guides at my local Walmart were marked $3. nothing great, halo wars 2 hard cover, some pokedex one, wwe 16 or something, mario kart, few other forgettable titles as well.

I found a store with three of the Asteroids Arcade1up machines. Was tempted, but ultimately passed.

If a Street Fighter or Rampage went to $75, I'd scoop them up.

I'd want one to mod, but the Asteroids cab would basically require a standard controller panel/layout, and I don't want to mess with it.
How big is this arcade machine? Is it like the same size like you find at your local coin laundry?

Heh.  Some weirdo in a fedora was stalking the Arcade1up machines at my store.  

Qa98Uf6.jpg

How big is this arcade machine? Is it like the same size like you find at your local coin laundry?
Roughly 4 feet. From their site.

"These machines are ¾ scale of traditional arcade machines. When used with the riser, controls fall at the same height they did in the original arcade cabinets.
Dimensions are: 45.8” H x 23” D x 19” W"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So Pokken Tournament (WiiU) is showing up as $23 and out of stock at all locations near me, yet there are 3 copies of it in the game case of my closest store.  Did they just remove the game from their system or something?

So Pokken Tournament (WiiU) is showing up as $23 and out of stock at all locations near me, yet there are 3 copies of it in the game case of my closest store. Did they just remove the game from their system or something?
It's still showing up in-stock for $23 at multiple stores around me. Sounds like that store just has issues with inventory tracking. If it appears on your Brickseek search as $23, it should still ring up for the clearance price even if it isn't listed as being in stock.

Whether the Wii U version of Pokken is worth $23 is another matter. 😂

My walmart is in the process of redesigning the entire electronics department. They've done away with the old tall game case aisles and now have a majority of them just sitting on an open shelf and the rest are in smaller locked cases with consoles. Some games were as low as $3-7 but I'll check back once they finish putting everything out and see what all they have

My walmart is in the process of redesigning the entire electronics department. They've done away with the old tall game case aisles and now have a majority of them just sitting on an open shelf and the rest are in smaller locked cases with consoles. Some games were as low as $3-7 but I'll check back once they finish putting everything out and see what all they have
Here's the majority of what you might find.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354427-walmart-ymmv-in-store-clearance-thread-i-read-the-faqs/page-252#entry14136011

Got a Turtle Beach Stealth 450 PC headset for $40.. I haven't used it for gaming yet but it's supposed to be 7.1 surround sound so I'm looking forward to it

So Pokken Tournament (WiiU) is showing up as $23 and out of stock at all locations near me, yet there are 3 copies of it in the game case of my closest store. Did they just remove the game from their system or something?
Same thing for me except it rings up at full price...lol.

Same thing for me except it rings up at full price...lol.
FYI there are two SKUs for Pokken - there was one that came out at launch that included Pokémon cards or something. Wonder if this might be causing the discrepancy because the two SKUs may not be linked in the system.

it kind of got lost in the last pages but I wanted to confirm all the game guides at my local Walmart were marked $3. nothing great, halo wars 2 hard cover, some pokedex one, wwe 16 or something, mario kart, few other forgettable titles as well.
Nice. Everything was full price for me except Crash Trilogy and the SNES guide, but the SNES guide was nowhere to be found.

My Walmart has a bunch of switch stuff and an apple clearance in the clearance isle with clearance stickers. Too bad they are all full prices.

edit

The clearance Gods smiled on me today. Even though the switch controllers and apple pencil were full price turns out today everything on clearance was 50% off. Got the 2nd gen apple pencil for $64.50 and the gamecube switch controller for $22.44

My Walmart has a bunch of switch stuff and an apple clearance in the clearance isle with clearance stickers. Too bad they are all full prices.

edit

The clearance Gods smiled on me today. Even though the switch controllers and apple pencil were full price turns out today everything on clearance was 50% off. Got the 2nd gen apple pencil for $64.50 and the gamecube switch controller for $22.44
I wonder why that one local store clearanced modern items like the Apple Pencil 2.

bread's done
Back