Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I can safely inform you that paid only $3 for a brand new, shrink wrapped, Adventure Time for the Wii U.

Now holding on to sell it for $50,000 in a few years to pay for a trip around the world in a hot air balloon.

Just a heads-up: was in a local Walmart and it had not one but two copies of the Wii version of Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack with a big yellow clearance sticker for $99.97.  Might want to check your Walmart stores to see if you can score that bargain on a game released 5 years ago. They also had FIFA 13 for the PS3 clearanced at $39.97. Wonderful Walmart location for great clearance deals.

My Walmart still has like five copies of the PS2 AC/DC Rockband set for $23, and a collectors edition of Epic Mickey for $53, they'll probably sit there for another ten years. I found out the person that marked the $50 Walmart Exclusive Classic Optimus Prime down to the $7 it was ringing up for got a yelled at before they marked it back up full price.

They added a clearance section to my electronics, but it's all phone accessories, and they have associates walk by asking you if you need any help while just browsing....might be because they recently put EVERYTHING in cases, which didn't seem to stop people from stealing as the dude in checkout yesterday told me not long after they put the cases in a few weeks back someone came in and ripped one open stealing a bunch of macbooks.

Main St. Walmart in Bellevue, WI had Pokken Tournament for ten bucks. Debated it, but left it there.

I did, however, pounce on Yakuza 6 Essence of Art Edition (PS4) for ten bucks and, for the hell of it, Knack II for $5.

They had Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus for $10, but as that's on Game Pass, I left it there. The rest was largely sports titles and Elder Scrolls Online.

Congrats to the person in Anthem, AZ that got the Mario Maker 2 NSO Edition for $30.  Tho my money is on it being an employee/mgr who bought it.  

I grabbed a Power A Windows 10/Xbox One Wired Controller (Stealth Blue Camo) today for $14.91.  Weird price, it was the only one on the clearance shelf, and it's wired with no battery compartment, but I needed something that I could use on my PC, so I'll take it.

Main St. Walmart in Bellevue, WI had Pokken Tournament for ten bucks. Debated it, but left it there.

I did, however, pounce on Yakuza 6 Essence of Art Edition (PS4) for ten bucks and, for the hell of it, Knack II for $5.

They had Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus for $10, but as that's on Game Pass, I left it there. The rest was largely sports titles and Elder Scrolls Online.
anymore copies of Knack 2?

Yeah lots of Elder Scrolls online including the latest one summerset I think $5. Xbox 1. La noire also $5

I picked up Sushi Striker Switch $5

They also had Agents of Mayhem for $2 but I passed since I own it digitally and its on game pass or at least was.

Sorry if this has been posted before but saw the Xbox One X NBA 2K19 Bundle is down to $339 as a "sold and shipped by Walmart" item online, which should open it up for price matching. I know the game is/was $3 now but AFAIK, this is the lowest non-Brickseek price yet for a One X bundle sold direct by a major retailer (not 3rd Party seller). Price is shown in Cart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Xbox-One-X-1TB-NBA-2K19-Bundle-Black-CYV-00070/978434024

So I was shopping in the WalMart that had the Rampage arcades for $150, 2 of them to be exact and none were there. So today I walked by and saw the 2 and got excited and now they are $299 wtf.

Bought these for $7.50 each.

EWfrH64.jpg

So I was shopping in the WalMart that had the Rampage arcades for $150, 2 of them to be exact and none were there. So today I walked by and saw the 2 and got excited and now they are $299 wtf.
Out of curiosity, they were 150 on Brickseek or Walmart itself? And then it reverted on the same site, BS or WM? I've never seen it below 299.

PSA: On the inventory checker page for each respective store, there is a link near the top entitled "SKU Finder," this is where you can search to find the SKU you're after.

bssku.png
Shhh, that's a secret only some people know about. Now you have gone and told this whole thread. What are we going to do without those people posting that they can't find the link? 😂

Finally found the Bad Dudes and Karate Champ micro arcades for 5 each. They are the NES roms instead of arcade which is kind of a bummer, although obvious given the lack of a second joystick on Karate Champ. The build quality on them is really nice though, solidly built and the USB and headphone plugs were a nice surprise.

Out of curiosity, they were 150 on Brickseek or Walmart itself? And then it reverted on the same site, BS or WM? I've never seen it below 299.
It was listed that price on BrickSeek and also at the store had the yellow clearance stickers on all the older arcades. Now those stickers are all gone but the arcades are all stocked and clearance prices are gone. I've never seen that before on any clearance item, has anyone else?

Also does anyone have SKUs for Final Fight or Mortal Kombat? They do not show up under their names or under arcade1up. I've seen in stores final fight for the first time when I saw that Rampage thing and I've seen mk before, but cannot find them on BS.

It was listed that price on BrickSeek and also at the store had the yellow clearance stickers on all the older arcades. Now those stickers are all gone but the arcades are all stocked and clearance prices are gone. I've never seen that before on any clearance item, has anyone else?

Also does anyone have SKUs for Final Fight or Mortal Kombat? They do not show up under their names or under arcade1up. I've seen in stores final fight for the first time when I saw that Rampage thing and I've seen mk before, but cannot find them on BS.
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=593950880

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=705609183

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just curious if anyone is taking advantage of the $339 One X NBA 2K19 bundle offer on the Walmart website. It's not a 3rd party seller item. I was considering getting Best Buy to price match it but I'm thinking the console may go down even further in the coming weeks/months. I know the NBA game was just $3 a few weeks back after E3, but just to get the console for that price might be appealing. My only other concern is that the console has been extremely buggy for me whenever I had the chance to try it out in the last year or so. Game Pass is so cool though.

Just curious if anyone is taking advantage of the $339 One X NBA 2K19 bundle offer on the Walmart website. It's not a 3rd party seller item. I was considering getting Best Buy to price match it but I'm thinking the console may go down even further in the coming weeks/months. I know the NBA game was just $3 a few weeks back after E3, but just to get the console for that price might be appealing. My only other concern is that the console has been extremely buggy for me whenever I had the chance to try it out in the last year or so. Game Pass is so cool though.
A couple friends have an One X. Kinda meh tbh, not many exclusive games for the xbone. One system was dead on arrival and the other is as loud as the tv. I'd wait until next gen at this point.

A couple friends have an One X. Kinda meh tbh, not many exclusive games for the xbone. One system was dead on arrival and the other is as loud as the tv. I'd wait until next gen at this point.
I hear that a lot. I've searched for Xbox One X on Twitter and it's scary how many people report major issues with it every day. Not saying PS4 is perfect but the X complaints kinda mirror what I've experienced. I agree with you...maybe better just to wait for next Fall.

I hear that a lot. I've searched for Xbox One X on Twitter and it's scary how many people report major issues with it every day. Not saying PS4 is perfect but the X complaints kinda mirror what I've experienced. I agree with you...maybe better just to wait for next Fall.
What kind of issues?

As someone that had two project scorpios and then sold them and bought two nba bundles last year Let me say that most of those problems are launch models. My first two Xbox ones did have a loud fan, But both of these NBA ones have been perfect you can’t even tell they on. In fact we leave them on accidentally all the time. It really is a fantastic system, and surprisingly even though most of my games were for PS4 single player multi platform games I’m now choosing on the Xbox one X. The PS4 Pro was not really worth the upgrade except for VR, but I think the Xbox one x is a huge upgrade.

For anyone still holding out hope for the $.03 games, I found a bunch at a local Walmart.

I will try and find the master list we had going last year or I will just link the SD page that stole from this thread.

For anyone still holding out hope for the $.03 games, I found a bunch at a local Walmart.

I will try and find the master list we had going last year or I will just link the SD page that stole from this thread.
Holy crap, that's awesome. The three-cent debacle is still my favorite bargain hunt ever. Which games did you end up finding?

What kind of issues?
Freezing, crashing, constantly disconnecting brand new/battery wireless controllers 2 feet from the console with no obstacles, overheating (which has been determined to do with thermal paste issue with the One X). Not saying they all have those issues but after having major probs with 3 straight, I'm likely out until next gen. I'm sure many have had no issues with their X and that's great. But I'm likely not taking anymore chances. Two of those consoles couldn't even get through the initial powering on/sign up without freezing several times.

As someone that had two project scorpios and then sold them and bought two nba bundles last year Let me say that most of those problems are launch models. My first two Xbox ones did have a loud fan, But both of these NBA ones have been perfect you can’t even tell they on. In fact we leave them on accidentally all the time. It really is a fantastic system, and surprisingly even though most of my games were for PS4 single player multi platform games I’m now choosing on the Xbox one X. The PS4 Pro was not really worth the upgrade except for VR, but I think the Xbox one x is a huge upgrade.
Of the 3 One X consoles I had major problems with (and returned), 2 were bought in the Fall of 2018. The 3rd was bought 3 months ago. The Shadow of Tomb Raider bundle (the worst offender) constantly would power off at startup, refused to load games at times from brand new disc, and more.

Freezing, crashing, constantly disconnecting brand new/battery wireless controllers 2 feet from the console with no obstacles, overheating (which has been determined to do with thermal paste issue with the One X). Not saying they all have those issues but after having major probs with 3 straight, I'm likely out until next gen. I'm sure many have had no issues with their X and that's great. But I'm likely not taking anymore chances. Two of those consoles couldn't even get through the initial powering on/sign up without freezing several times.

Of the 3 One X consoles I had major problems with (and returned), 2 were bought in the Fall of 2018. The 3rd was bought 3 months ago. The Shadow of Tomb Raider bundle (the worst offender) constantly would power off at startup, refused to load games at times from brand new disc, and more.
I believe you, I had a friend that went through 3 original wii’s. He’s the only person I’ve ever heard of with them going bad. But he had issues with 3. Sometimes you just get bad luck my friend.

I was denied a couple of .03 cent games a few days ago.  The clerks at the local WM were looking up values on Walmart.com and comparing it with 3rd Party prices & made a call to the manager on duty  :bomb:  The manager on duty without looking me in the eye after waiting 10+ minutes just stated "We are not selling these for 3 cents...". 

I didn't want to waste my time arguing for :3ds: Legend of Korra & :3ds: Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask so I just took the "L" for the day.  Might wait until I can get a different shift in Electronics and attempt to grab them again but don't want to waste the time to drive across town... Hope you all have better luck out there  :cool:  

I believe you, I had a friend that went through 3 original wii’s. He’s the only person I’ve ever heard of with them going bad. But he had issues with 3. Sometimes you just get bad luck my friend.
Agree 100%. I'm sure there are folks out there with One X's who have had zero issues from day one. I don't dispute that. But my experience has been very poor, unfortunately. And I do understand that, to some extent, you can find any posts about problems on the Internet that validate what you already think. So it almost becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. But still...my heart fills with fear at the thought of getting another One X...lol. This is a shame because it has tons of upside. I am definitely looking forward to Scarlett.

I was denied a couple of .03 cent games a few days ago. The clerks at the local WM were looking up values on Walmart.com and comparing it with 3rd Party prices & made a call to the manager on duty :bomb: The manager on duty without looking me in the eye after waiting 10+ minutes just stated "We are not selling these for 3 cents...".

I didn't want to waste my time arguing for :3ds: Legend of Korra & :3ds: Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask so I just took the "L" for the day. Might wait until I can get a different shift in Electronics and attempt to grab them again but don't want to waste the time to drive across town... Hope you all have better luck out there :cool:
Did you do self checkout?

I had my launch wii brick like many others did due to nintendo's updates. It's more common than you think. It's just not as discussed as the red ring o death or yellow light of death the 360 and ps3 had. People constantly talked about how phat ps3's were super unreliable with high failure rates. It's funny too since I still have my launch phat ps3.

The worst part was how I had so many digital titles on there. Probably close to 200 bucks worth of nintendo points. I got the cards deeply clearanced from the remote and such bundles so I only paid about 3-5$ for 20$ cards.

I chalked it up as a lesson learned and refuse to buy anything nintendo wise digitally and stick mainly to sony/ms and steam since those have account systems and such in place.

bread's done
Back