Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't able to find the laptop despite brickseek saying there was some in stock. I did however find a launch copy of Radiant Historia on 3ds for $20. Ended up selling the normal copy I found a few weeks ago.

I scored today:

RunBow Deluxe, WiiU, $3

Army of Two Devils Cartel, 360, $1

Borderlands Triple Pack, 360, $7

Talos Principle, PS4, $3

Some showed up as Limited Stock, they were stuffed in the back of the bottom of those locked shelves they keep the games in.  I also found a copy of some PS4 game named 428 Shibuya , but it wasn't in the computer and didn't show up on Brickseek,. They finally got it to ring in for like $50, so i left it there.

Scored? Ehhhh
I was using scored in the general sense, as in "picked up". But the Triple pack sells for $30 ( i got two of them) and Talos Principle, in addition to being an awesome game, sells for $16.

Although I did also score today in the "great find" sense. I found a gold Zelda Wiimote, a goldeneye, a diddy kong racing, and a couple snes games at goodwill. I used my rewards and they didn't cost me anything. So there!

They needed to incentivize people flushing the toilet when they're done in the bathroom.
And yet you're the one who went into a Goodwill bathroom. The bathroom that there is 100% chance homeless people have used. I'd rather mess myself than use a Goodwill bathroom.

Goodwill has rewards?
In the two districts I shop in, SWFL, and Ft. Worth, Tx, they do. In Fort Worth its computerized by your phone number. In SWFL its a card that gets stamped everytime you spend ten dollars. Once you spend a total of $100, you get $10 off your next purchase.

In the two districts I shop in, SWFL, and Ft. Worth, Tx, they do. In Fort Worth its computerized by your phone number. In SWFL its a card that gets stamped everytime you spend ten dollars. Once you spend a total of $100, you get $10 off your next purchase.
SWFL represent

Panzer Dragoon Saga?

Edit: Did you snatch up a Snatcher???
Snatcher. Very good guesses.

Not just that though, there were about 10 Sega CD games. Terminator, Dark Wizard, etc... all complete. I've had some nice finds at Goodwill but that's the best video game haul by far.

Not just that though, there were about 10 Sega CD games. Terminator, Dark Wizard, etc... all complete. I've had some nice finds at Goodwill but that's the best video game haul by far.
I found some complete Saturn games at Goodwill once, including Contra, in the book section.

Went to two more walmarts today. One had zero, even the Wipeout Omega that wasn't Limited Stock, could not be found.  The other has an actual clearance section where I found some nice stuff before. But today was meh.

2 copies of Borderlands Prequel, Ps3, $1 each, 

Yoostar for 3cents,

Atari Vol 1 for XBOX 1, for $9

Brunswick Bowling, WiiU $5

And some Legos on clearance for half price.

I went because Brickseek said they had 2 Twilight Princess w/Amiibo but none to be found.

That had to be about 15 years or so ago though, right? I haven't had a good video game find at Good Will in at least 10 years. Everything is either super overpriced, or they sell them online now. Maybe its just my area.

Anyone else bet Yu is one of the people forever enshrined on peopleofwalmart.com for having a wet shit stain on his shorts and they banned him, which is the real reason for his Walmart hatred?

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/headed-to-browntown/
You're confusing me for someone else. I don't have any Walmart hate. The only place I hate is Gamestop. I even like GW. I just wouldn't touch one of their bathrooms with a 39-1/2 foot pole.

That had to be about 15 years or so ago though, right? I haven't had a good video game find at Good Will in at least 10 years. Everything is either super overpriced, or they sell them online now. Maybe its just my area.
A little of both I'd say. Snatcher was years ago, but not 15.

This year I have found a few 99 cent video games, but when I was going regularly, they had a Goodwill outlet that was a consistent source of video game stuff, though high quality things always had an element of luck. It was also the dirtiest and generally most unpleasant experience, heh.

I would say that for me Walmart has outpaced Goodwill in terms of electronics in general though. Just the $75 Arcade1up cabs seems to be better than anything I found at Goodwill in a while, and the occasional video game haul involving $5 range titles worth several times that does seem far more likely at Walmart now.

I always check goodwill, rarely find anything. Maybe once a year I'll buy a game or toy there... if that. Salvation Army I end up buying a lot of coats for cosplaying from though, never see games there. Walmart... deals.. mostly HAH! Never anything here. Although I lucked out, the mini arcades for Rampage and Centipede hit half off with one of each left, and I got a $4 nerf gun. Arcades are probably going to be a small display for action figures. I'd love a $75 one up...

Unfortunately, as far as i can tell, the arcade1up cabs never went on clearance at Walmart down here.

Anyways, I like Goodwill and shopgoodwill, but they definitely do send most games to the website now. Any console that saves personal information is required to be sent in so it can be wiped.  But when I'm checking Goodwill for games, I also look in the books for strategy guides, and there's always the chance I can find another bookshelf which i always need for my collection.  And if you make friends with the people that work there, they may give you a heads up on some of the games before they get sent to the website, or thrown in the garbage (which they do for loose discs, empty cases, etc )

Old news here, been $1 for months now. Good luck finding any especially PS4
Ironically enough, the store I went to in Hawaii had a PS4 New Order but it was marked back up to $20.

I ended up going back there yesterday on my way to the airport to leave and picked up (PC) Roller Coaster Tycoon World for $4 and (360) The Biggest Loser for $1 (really only got that one since I had some loose change in my pocket I didn't want to take through security)

Ironically enough, the store I went to in Hawaii had a PS4 New Order but it was marked back up to $20.

I ended up going back there yesterday on my way to the airport to leave and picked up (PC) Roller Coaster Tycoon World for $4 and (360) The Biggest Loser for $1 (really only got that one since I had some loose change in my pocket I didn't want to take through security)
Our clearance is very hit and miss. More miss because we dont get as much inventory as the continental US. But sometimes a hit because theres much fewer people looking for this stuff.

Thank you for contacting Onn.  How may I assist you?

My TV won't turn on.  

That is correct, we are Onn.  How may I assist you?

No, my tv won't turn on!

Yes sir, you have reached Onn.  How may I assist you?

MY GODDAMNED TV WON'T TURN ON!!!

No need for profanities sir, we here at Onn do not tolerate that sort of language and will be disconnecting the call.  Have a nice day.

Thank you for contacting Onn. How may I assist you?

My TV won't turn on.

That is correct, we are Onn. How may I assist you?

No, my tv won't turn on!

Yes sir, you have reached Onn. How may I assist you?

MY GODDAMNED TV WON'T TURN ON!!!

No need for profanities sir, we here at Onn do not tolerate that sort of language and will be disconnecting the call. Have a nice day.
Time to turn that joke Off.

Quick question. Does anybody know for sure if the limited edition box sets are what Walmart sells when it comes to the NIS video games? When I bought Liar Princess and the Blind Prince, I paid $39.99 (less than what NIS was selling it for on their website) and got the LE. Now to be fair the pictures clearly showed that it was the LE version what they were selling. I'm only asking because Walmart is selling Destiny Connect Tick-Tock Travelers for preorder for $39.99 while NIS is selling it for $64.99. I'd rather buy it from walmart if I knew for sure that what I was getting was indeed the LE box set.

Here's the walmart webpage and the NIS webpage.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Destiny-Connect-Tick-Tock-Travelers-NIS-America-PlayStation-4-810023033639-0810023033639/682048155

https://store.nisamerica.com/destiny-connect-tick-tock-travelers-limited-edition-ps4?utm_source=NISA+Online+Store+Customers&utm_campaign=4694d38d88-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_07_19_12_48&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3e308e5c3f-4694d38d88-152264585
I'm pretty sure the Walmart version is missing the soundtrack and art book.

There is a launch Edition at retail called the Traveler's Time Capsule Edition, but that only includes the pogs and poster (is missing the soundtrack and art book). Here is the Amazon listing for it:

https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Connect-Tick-Tock-Travelers-Capsule-Nintendo/dp/B07PGX7V1N/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=destiny%2Bconnect&qid=1564860362&s=videogames&sr=1-1&th=1

Legos are on clearance.

$5/$11
LEGO Friends Emma’s Art Studio 41365
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=152221016

$9/$11
LEGO Friends Drifting Diner 41349
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=461563056

$9
LEGO Friends Stephanie’s Buggy and Trailer 41364
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=984335171

$5
LEGO Friends Emma's Mobile Vet Clinic 41360
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=108893724

$7
LEGO Friends Service & Care Truck 41348
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=161677644

$15
LEGO Friends Creative Tuning Shop 41351
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=592066946

$17
LEGO Creator Riverside Houseboat 31093
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=592676227

$7/$17
LEGO City Town People Pack - Outdoor Adventures 60202
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=360152596

$5
LEGO Movie Unikitty's Sweetest Friends EVER! 70822
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=404590980

$2
LEGO City Popcorn Cart Mini Set LEGO 30364
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=190047103

Sorry if posted, didn't see it... If you're interested in Anthem may be a good time to bite.  Has had a lot of updates and now you can get the special edition that's normally $80 for $20 on either console.  Should be in-store as well as online.

I played the trial and it was actually pretty decent from what I played.

my store had some company come in and buy $2000 worth of clearance lego sets to resell at their store. hooray capitalism?
I thought about buying a bunch to flip, but I don't know much about Legos, and I checked ebay and flipping them there I would have been luck yto make $1 a set. I guess I could have tried to flip them on OfferUp instead. I bought a couple anyways, but usually when I buy stuff to flip that I'm not familiar with, I get burned.

Sounds pretty normal actually.

Clearance items like that get either bought up by customers, sellers or sold at auction.
I remember working at Blockbuster near the end (2012). We lost some distributors, and the store manager went out and bought 10-20 copies at 6 am at Wal-Mart. The Walmart store manager and his husband were regulars, and so we looked the other way for each other until we closed.

bread's done
Back