Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a list of things the older generation gets offended at:

1. Proof that Reaganomics destroyed the economy
2. People who say "happy holidays"
3. Religions that aren't Christian
4. People speaking foreign languages
5. Climate change
6. Kneeling during football games

Millennials didn't invent getting offended, and people of any age can feel disrespected. Don't be stupid, dude.
Quoted for accuracy and truth

Here's a list of things the older generation gets offended at:

1. Proof that Reaganomics destroyed the economy
2. People who say "happy holidays"
3. Religions that aren't Christian
4. People speaking foreign languages
5. Climate change
6. Kneeling during football games

Millennials didn't invent getting offended, and people of any age can feel disrespected. Don't be stupid, dude.

Nah. Only millennials run to the internet to whine about someone saying meanie things to them or to fake a story to get a reaction.

local walmart did a remodel to the electronics section to eliminate the higher shelves to cut down on theft, so most of the games that were locked up as clearance are now on a island with all the other clearance stuff. bad news is most of them are gone now and even the atari flashbacks were scooped up.

Nah. Only millennials run to the internet to whine about someone saying meanie things to them or to fake a story to get a reaction.
Nah, boomers do the same shit, it's just less exposed because all of their internet rage is spent sending chain letters to their relatives through private email.

My Walmart must have had some issues with shoplifting as everything in the electronics section has been moved to newly installed cabinets. The only thing out in the open is the arcade 1up cabs

Feel like I tripped over a clearance deal and fell into the Facebook comments on a local news story. I'm 43 and my generation, the one before and ones after all freaking get offended, whine or cry about something and trivial. Politics, religion, hair color, pronoun, genitals, game system, etc. If we didn't spend as much time fighting over that nonsense and chilled out, maybe we can get a proper Mass Effect sequel

Being in my forties, I do have to say that the new way my elementary grade son (I became a dad later in life) is being taught math in school is trash. I help him with his homework and the way we did it when I was young was far easier to understand.

Oh yeah, most of the tv shows I grew up with in the eighties would be now deemed offensive if made in the current times. I find the world today so sensitive. LOL

Being in my forties, I do have to say that the new way my elementary grade son (I became a dad later in life) is being taught math in school is trash. I help him with his homework and the way we did it when I was young was far easier to understand.
Oh yeah, most of the tv shows I grew up with in the eighties would be now deemed offensive if made in the current times. I find the world today so sensitive. LOL
I’m 43 and I disagree with how Common Core is bashed. Yes, the computations are more complicated, but it also better teaches kids how to do math in their head.

Nah, people didn't act like this 30 years ago.  They've gotten more ignorant, false confident, and self-absorbed. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI-8Xj19Nts

You used to be able to stand up for yourself against lunatics.  These days, no one has had their ass beaten properly. 

Nah, people didn't act like this 30 years ago. They've gotten more ignorant, false confident, and self-absorbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI-8Xj19Nts

You used to be able to stand up for yourself against lunatics. These days, no one has had their ass beaten properly.
You're right, people with terrible opinions should be assaulted.

Quoted for accuracy.

You guys are old. At this point it's starting to feel like this community is the gamer version of soccer mom Karens that cut coupons and get pissed when they can't get their deals.

Quoted for accuracy and truth
Religions that aren’t atheism
Dude with Octane arm in swiffer sweeper commercial
College/internships affordable to people whose mom ain’t on Full House
Blackish
Heckling their stand up comedy, even online years later in private forums amongst friends
Leaving less than 5 stars for their Uber service
Handicap ramps
Indoor stadiums
Electric cars
Electric grills/stove tops
Eminem
Eating out (both meanings)

I hate to take this more off topic, but if we're talking about the difference in generations and what not...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moWe3rk7LzQ

I might have missed it growing up, but I don't recall a bunch of people getting together and complaining about gendered language, sensory overload, doing jazz hands to avoid making loud noises, etc...

Religions that aren’t atheism
Dude with Octane arm in swiffer sweeper commercial
College/internships affordable to people whose mom ain’t on Full House
Blackish
Heckling their stand up comedy, even online years later in private forums amongst friends
Leaving less than 5 stars for their Uber service
Handicap ramps
Indoor stadiums
Electric cars
Electric grills/stove tops
Eminem
Eating out (both meanings)
I don't even know what this list is.

I might have missed it growing up, but I don't recall a bunch of people getting together and complaining about gendered language, sensory overload, doing jazz hands to avoid making loud noises, etc...
Salem Witch Trials...

But that doesn't mean the rest of the world thought the same. Taking one video of a group of people isn't the definition for an entire generation of people you know.

I hate to take this more off topic, but if we're talking about the difference in generations and what not...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moWe3rk7LzQ

Boomers have this shit too they're called Home Owners Associations

Hey, anyone remember when the older generation was so sensitive they didn't want black people even drinking from the same water fountain as them?

Oh, but tell me more about how young people complain about gendered language.

Just cleared out my Target of Halloween dog treats and food at 70% off. Wasn't marked as expected and no one even noticed it. Helps that it was in the pet section and not Halloween clearance section.

It depends on the items. Like, one moment you get each individual Walmart giving out different discounts on certain items and other times the discounts are universal like with the crystal dualshock 4's.

Hi. Does anyone have the atgames legends flashback? Wondering what sd card to use and can it use any micro usb plug into those wall chargers? Have so many micro usb plugs

Hi. Does anyone have the atgames legends flashback? Wondering what sd card to use and can it use any micro usb plug into those wall chargers? Have so many micro usb plugs
I have one of the original Genesis Flashback systems, and it had a regular SD card slot instead of a micro SD card slot. I would assume that you could use a micro SD card as long as you have an adapter. It was suggested that the Legends Flashback system can potentially emulate Genesis games, NES games, and some arcade games, but I can't personally confirm this. For more information, I would consult my good friend Google.

I have one of the original Genesis Flashback systems, and it had a regular SD card slot instead of a micro SD card slot. I would assume that you could use a micro SD card as long as you have an adapter. It was suggested that the Legends Flashback system can potentially emulate Genesis games, NES games, and some arcade games, but I can't personally confirm this. For more information, I would consult my good friend Google.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-firmware-for-atgames-legends-flashback-with-support-for-arcade-games.527550/

Way ahead of you. Personally I'd recommend the Super Retrocade over this, but if you're going to go this route, this is what you'd want to do to the system. (Hell, it's eleven dollars. If you buy one and are disappointed, you're not going to be out much.)

Where are the mods when you need them?  If I want to read this back and forth nonsense, I'll head over to Reddit.

Any actual Walmart deals or is everyone in this thread too busy pretending they're better than other people?  I'd love to know more about RDR2 Special Edition for PS4, please.

Yeah the walmart app is great when used in store to do price checking. I use it for price checking pretty regularly. It's a lot more convenient than the old price checking kiosk things were since half of them were usually out of service.

Same here, plus they installed cattle guard gates up front.
The gates seem to be part of all the remodeling going on with stores. Mine got them as well... I haven't seen them in use yet though since the store refresh I haven't been in there super early or late enough to where that side of the store is locked.

Where are the mods when you need them? If I want to read this back and forth nonsense, I'll head over to Reddit.

Any actual Walmart deals or is everyone in this thread too busy pretending they're better than other people? I'd love to know more about RDR2 Special Edition for PS4, please.
The beauty of forums is you don't have to read everything. But there's no point in trying to police people having conversations... that's what makes this a community and not just a cold place to find deals. And really it's no different on Reddit (well other than there are more mean people there that'll downvote you to hell).

Given you want info for a specific game you could google: "Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition Brickseek" and the first link would have directed you to the brickseek link for the game.

It shows the lowest price in my area was $38.82 but it's sold out.

Quite a bit of stuff on clearance at my local store.

Picked up:

Dragon Quest XI - PS4 for $22

Also saw:

Kingdom Hearts: the Story So Far - PS4 for $17

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - PS4 for $15

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - PS4 for $17

FIFA/NFL/MLB 17 - 19 (various special versions) for $10 - $12 (PS4 and One)

and others I don't remember off hand for PS4 and Xbox One.

Brickseek showing my store as the only one in the area at these prices (so far).  And most of them show as out of stock (but they were there).

bread's done
Back