Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-firmware-for-atgames-legends-flashback-with-support-for-arcade-games.527550/

Way ahead of you. Personally I'd recommend the Super Retrocade over this, but if you're going to go this route, this is what you'd want to do to the system. (Hell, it's eleven dollars. If you buy one and are disappointed, you're not going to be out much.)
The one that I own is small and blue, shaped like Sonic's head, uses wireless Wii controller-like input devices, and has AV cables on it. I used to take it to my grandmother's house when I visited during the holidays because she didn't own an HDTV at the time. But I was able to play Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Ghouls & Ghosts, and NBA Jam on Christmas morning with it. This was about 10 years ago, but believe it or not, the Legends Flashback isn't much different in its architecture because it uses the same chipset. It just doesn't have licensed Sega games on it anymore although it's capable of playing them.

Yeah I just figured it out and hid it after posting that.  Thank you for the response though.

Got king of fighters xiv steelbook launch edition for $15 on Sunday. Meh deal but went on impulse. Was last copy at my store.

Hoping/expecting these PS4 games will be $19.99 @WM on Black Friday: Metro: Exodus, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Devil May Cry 5, Rage 2, A Plague Tale, Bloodstained.

I'd suspect these more likely to be $29.99: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (has already been $39.99 at other retailers), Code Vein, Control, Judgment.

MAYBE $39.99 for The Outer Worlds?

Hoping/expecting these PS4 games will be $19.99 @WM on Black Friday: Metro: Exodus, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Devil May Cry 5, Rage 2, A Plague Tale, Bloodstained.

I'd suspect these more likely to be $29.99: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (has already been $39.99 at other retailers), Code Vein, Control, Judgment.

The good news, if you are right, is that other retailers will likely have the same games for slightly cheaper based on recent history.

Rage 2 is $19.99 for Gamestops pro days this week. Im in for $20

No idea why it was this price. All I know is, the dude didn't even want to open the case for me and then was really pissed off when ringing me up. Once I paid, he immediately got on his cell phone and said "Some asshole just bought it." Oh well.[attachment=33120:20191108_132410.jpg]

Good on you for snagging that deal from under his entitled ass. While his behavior was unacceptable, at least he didn't try to stonewall you with the classic "My manager took the case key home" excuse.

No idea why it was this price. All I know is, the dude didn't even want to open the case for me and then was really pissed off when ringing me up. Once I paid, he immediately got on his cell phone and said "Some asshole just bought it." Oh well.
attachicon.gif
20191108_132410.jpg
Hopefully you don't have issues with the a button not working like the tons I read earlier on reddit today.

Saw fifa 18 switch for $5, pichu amibo for $5, and some skullcandy wireless earbuds for $7 (ones that have a wire between the two earbuds).

Saw fifa 18 switch for $5, pichu amibo for $5, and some skullcandy wireless earbuds for $7 (ones that have a wire between the two earbuds).
I bought the skullcandy blutooth earbuds back on bf 2017... they aren't great for running with that style as they reverberate every step with how they hold in your ear. They work fine with music where a little audio delay is not an issue and your activity is low, but not really great for video due to the latency. I'd avoid them overall unless you are a big fan of that kind of earbud.

hmm that's funny. I was just at Walmart, went to go look at PS4 game prices, and Death Stranding was the only game at $59.9X. Everything else was $49.9X or less. Really weird how they do things these days. Cool that they stepped up the day1 discounts though.

hmm that's funny. I was just at Walmart, went to go look at PS4 game prices, and Death Stranding was the only game at $59.9X. Everything else was $49.9X or less. Really weird how they do things these days. Cool that they stepped up the day1 discounts though.
Was told by an employee that Sony games won't allow a discount drop like all the others.

Was told by an employee that Sony games won't allow a discount drop like all the others.
I don't remember Days Gone being $50 either so that might make sense. I was wondering the same thing though when I saw Death Stranding at full price considering at my wal-mart every game gets the $10 discount it seems.

I'm pretty sure, including tax, I paid over a hundo for my Genesis copy of Super Street Fighter II back in the day.
Oh wow. I'm so, so sorry.

Anyway. Yeah, I haven't had any interest in the Elite controller, and am mystified by the price. I don't even like paying that kind of money for a fight stick, and $150 for an Xbox controller with interchangeable parts just leaves me shaking my head.

I remember it being $74.99 at TRU

There were also all the 3rd party N64 games for $79.99 the first year or two and even 1st party games were $69.99 MSRP with some stores having them for $59.99.

It's weird to look back now and think that $59.99 was considered a good price for some of those N64 games and now I don't like to pay more than $10 for almost any game.

I remember it being $74.99 at TRU

There were also all the 3rd party N64 games for $79.99 the first year or two and even 1st party games were $69.99 MSRP with some stores having them for $59.99.

It's weird to look back now and think that $59.99 was considered a good price for some of those N64 games and now I don't like to pay more than $10 for almost any game.
And when you put those prices into todays dollars..holy cow. How did we ever even afford games back then? I remember paying at least $60 for Dragon Warrior IV for the NES back in 1992. Thats $100 in today's money.

First game I bought myself was StarFox 64 with the rumble pak. I was 9 in 1997, and that thing cost my kid ass a whopping $80. Crazy how we can store and play tens of thousands of those older games on boards roughly the size of a cracker these days.

bread's done
Back