Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
And when you put those prices into todays dollars..holy cow. How did we ever even afford games back then? I remember paying at least $60 for Dragon Warrior IV for the NES back in 1992. Thats $100 in today's money.
We probably were still living with parents and spent our money on games instead of bills like now.

Think the controller was around the 200.00 dollar price point. I bought one when it was released. Played the game with it, while it was cool for the time, it was huge and you couldn’t use it for any other game. I sold it on eBay after playing the game. There was a demand as they where hard to find at the time.

Think the controller was around the 200.00 dollar price point. I bought one when it was released. Played the game with it, while it was cool for the time, it was huge and you couldn’t use it for any other game. I sold it on eBay after playing the game. There was a demand as they where hard to find at the time.
Same. It was awesome but really damn hard.

Ton of nearby stores said they had stock, but I remember checking at one of these stores before and they had none. I'll give it another go but I'm betting a lot of false positives
I had the opposite effect... brickseek said my store had 6, but they were $47 (which was true) while all other Walmarts were clearanced at $11 with none in stock.

Says my nearby Wal-Mart's have 6+ of these at 3-5 different stores but I assume these are on hold for black Friday.
Came to the same conclusion, that they're being held for BF, as several stores near me were out of stock and all of a sudden 3-4 stores suddenly changed to 6+ in stock.

If so some people are going to get very lucky on BF.

I asked my actually helpful Walmart employees and they looked in the back for the crystal controllers and couldn't find anything. They think it's a glitch because they don't show a recent delivery.

If these stores are all showing 6 Crystal Dual Shock 4s and none of them have it, that means they're wrapped up in plastic on cardboard shippers that will get put out on Black Friday. 

Yeah, crystal dual shocks are showing 6+ at most of my local stores, many of which were sold out before.  I believe the Black Friday theory since I believe Dual Shocks are in the ad (albeit not at $11).  My guess is Walmart will raise the price by then, but who knows.

I was able to snag an $11 copy about a month ago, so I am good.

I'm also getting 6+ DS4 Cystals at 2 stores near me.

Edit, I went to the closest one near me and it showed there were eight in stock on their phone inventory system but they couldn't find them anywhere. Told me it's a glitch that hasn't updated yet.

Hmm the numbers changed for the two stores I checked. The one went down while the other went up. Still I didn't see any crystal ones in the cabinet when I looked so I doubt they are there.

I think I won today! Switch Lite for $111 while on vacation in Destin. It was a return so don’t think there are more floating out there.

All of the stores around me recently updated to showing 6+ of the crystal dualshocks in stock for $11; of course, none of them actually had them available.

But, today when I looked at brickseek, more than half of those have now updated to show Limited Stock at the $46.96 price.

Picked up Assassins Creed Origins for XB1 today for $5

Seen For Honor: Marching Fire Edition for XB1 as well for $5. And some other random PS4 and XB1 games but nothing really worth noting. Found these in the clearance aisles.

$300 PS4 Pro CoD MW Bundle https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=739950006

Just checked and all PS4 Pro bundles are showing as $299 in store at Walmart.
I replied to you in the black friday thread but it shows up in the app as $299 also but when you click on it, the $399 price comes up. Have you been able to get the price the app shows or do they always click on it and if it doesn't match, they don't honor the price? I'll check out the beer too thanks for that.

The stores around me are starting to raise the prices of those crystal dualshock 4's back to their original price of $46.96. From, like 10, now only two stores have them for $11.

Every time I try and ask for help on an item in the game cases, I get the employee who just 'knows' everything that is in the game case, and the item I'm looking for is not there.  No effort to help at all.  

fwiw, the local walmart remodeled the electronics section and the crystal dualshock didnt have a tag on any of the peg hooks. this store never lowered the price to $11 either.

The stores around me are starting to raise the prices of those crystal dualshock 4's back to their original price of $46.96. From, like 10, now only two stores have them for $11.
My three stores that were all showing 6+ at $11.00 are all now down to "In Stock - Quantity 3-4". The employees have obviously bought a couple at each location and they're still in the back. Otherwise they would be all gone.

bread's done
Back