Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Those signs were in every store regardless of their policy because at the time, WM was doing away with grocery price matching where customers could match ads from Kroger, Albertsons, etc. WM wanted to drive people to use their app and the Savings Catcher so they got rid of it. But it never affected pricing the website. I know the wording and different signs is confusing, but I work there and am have for years and in a management position for electronics, I have to take training on all of this stuff.

Bottom line, the policy is to match the website. Any store can refuse a price match but that is supposed to be on a case by case basis and is there to prevent people from taking advantage of insane deals or errors in store. Any store that flat out denies all price matches on qualifying items are not following the policy. If you use a store that doesn’t honor them, complain to corporate. Refusing an obvious glitch or a very low deal that would lose the store money is one thing. Refusing them all is just an ignorant manager.

We aren’t really saying the same thing. Stores should be matching the website.

They should follow their own individual policy which is exactly what they do. You aren't entitled to a price match to Walmart.com or Jet.com unless your store chooses to follow the price match rule. All these stores aren't just not allowing price matching because they are confused about Walmarts policy, they are doing exactly what they are allowed to do or not do.

Unless you have proof, such as a picture or link, confirming that all stores have to follow the price match rule to Walmart.com.

They should follow their own individual policy which is exactly what they do. You aren't entitled to a price match to Walmart.com or Jet.com unless your store chooses to follow the price match rule. All these stores aren't just not allowing price matching because they are confused about Walmarts policy, they are doing exactly what they are allowed to do or not do.
Price matching at WM was a YMMV experience even before they got rid of the old policy. You can continue to be wrong, that’s fine by me. I’ve explained what the training programs associates have to take say, feel free to have your own conspiracy theory I guess.

Everyone else, do as I encouraged. If you use a store that always refuses to match, complain to corporate and do their receipt surveys and leave bad scores and comments about not honoring the policy. Their tunes will change very quick.

Well, I rather take the signs showed in store, links and updates directly from Walmart given to news outlets and my individual talks with multiple managers at multiple stores on this very issue.

Definitely complain if you feel you've been wronged but don't expect a store to change when they have the right to refuse you of price matching and are not obligated to follow the guidelines set fourth from Walmart.com.

Walmarts do not Price Match anyone.   You obviously shop at a store that doesn't follow the example.  That's YMMV.  Take that as a boon and stop spreading misinformation.  

Unless you have proof, such as a picture or link, confirming that all stores have to follow the price match rule to Walmart.com.
It states right on that link you gave to Walmart's Corporate Policies that "We will match Walmart.com and Jet.com base price, for identical items purchased in a Walmart store." It's not ambiguous at all. It's clear that Walmart's policy is that stores will price match to their website.

Sure, there is a disclaimer that the manager has final say on any price match decision but a manager that flat out refused to ever honor their corporate policy on this topic sure seems to me like some rogue store (unless it's in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico which are exempted from this policy).

My personal experience is that I have been able to go to a Walmart store and price match to Walmart.com.

So to sum up:

• Walmart.com will price match these select retailers
  • Walmart stores will price match items on Walmart.com and Jet.com (excluding third-party sellers)
  • Walmart stores will not price match other retailers

Anything else would seem to be individual stores or districts just going YOLO and making up their own rules.

this is all great, what does it have to do with walmart clearance? start a new thread, "pointless arguing about something that doesnt matter because undertrained employees are going to do whatever they want" and post in there.

It states right on that link you gave to Walmart's Corporate Policies that "We will match Walmart.com and Jet.com base price, for identical items purchased in a Walmart store." It's not ambiguous at all. It's clear that Walmart's policy is that stores will price match to their website.

Sure, there is a disclaimer that the manager has final say on any price match decision but a manager that flat out refused to ever honor their corporate policy on this topic sure seems to me like some rogue store (unless it's in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico which are exempted from this policy).

My personal experience is that I have been able to go to a Walmart store and price match to Walmart.com.

So to sum up:

• Walmart.com will price match these select retailers
  • Walmart stores will price match items on Walmart.com and Jet.com (excluding third-party sellers)
  • Walmart stores will not price match other retailers
Anything else would seem to be individual stores or districts just going YOLO and making up their own rules.
Quote the whole statement.

Right below that states "The manager on duty as the final decision on any Price match. Walmart reserves the right to modify the terms of this policy at any time."

If you read the documentation Walmart gave news outlets and press releases they released, they state that stores have final say on whether or not they want to price match. Most stores don't.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I just hate seeing people complain about Walmart specifically not price matching and thinking they've been wronged or employees don't know the policy. They do, you weren't wronged, they are following their store policy which varies from store to store. It isn't Target where all stores must price match from the approved list of stores.

If your store allows you to PM, great, if not, PM elsewhere, they don't have to do it for you.

source.gif

Didn't notice it when I first looked at this thread but that HP is the exact desktop I use right now, minus the hard drive. I have been very happy with it. That said though I don't play many AAA games on PC so I can't really give impressions about that. I mostly use mine for indie games that take forever to come to console or MMO type games that are generally just more comfortable to play on PC.

My most played games on here are probably WoW and Destiny 2 and both run absolutely great with pretty much everything maxed out.

Are either of these any good?
If you can find it, The HP.

I'd say:

1. Add at least another 8GB of RAM...just to make it at least 16GB RAM in total.

2. And add more SSD/HDD space. 256GB is small, especially w/ some games eating up around 92GB (AC: Odyssey Gold) to 130GB+ a piece (Gears 4) - and heck, Windows 10 itself is going to eat up around 21GB itself.

Yeah, then you're going to be golden.

1080p60fps+ gaming is going to be a breeze w/ those specs.

EDIT:

Didn't notice it when I first looked at this thread but that HP is the exact desktop I use right now, minus the hard drive. I have been very happy with it.

That said though I don't play many AAA games on PC so I can't really give impressions about that. I mostly use mine for indie games that take forever to come to console or MMO type games that are generally just more comfortable to play on PC.

My most played games on here are probably WoW and Destiny 2 and both run absolutely great with pretty much everything maxed out.
I would be curious how something more challenging & demanding like GR: Breakpoint and Red Dead Redemption 2 would run on that HP.

How often do they lower the price? I found a store with some in stock but at $579 but the price is grayed out

If you can find it, The HP.

I'd say:

1. Add at least another 8GB of RAM...just to make it at least 16GB RAM in total.

2. And add more SSD/HDD space. 256GB is small, especially w/ some games eating up around 92GB (AC: Odyssey Gold) to 130GB+ a piece (Gears 4) - and heck, Windows 10 itself is going to eat up around 21GB itself.

Yeah, then you're going to be golden.

1080p60fps+ gaming is going to be a breeze w/ those specs.

EDIT:

I would be curious how something more challenging & demanding like GR: Breakpoint and Red Dead Redemption 2 would run on that HP.
Yeah, always move up to 16gb, especially since some games, with background can use up to 8gb now a days, (matched ram) and I'd say toss in a firecuda as a games drive.

Breakpoint, what it looks like, on Ultra runs around 42-58fps @ 1080p and Red Dead 2 on High/Mixed for VRAM runs 58-72fps @ 1080p.

So I consider it a solid machine, especially for $500 with upgrades.

I'm pretty sure that beats the used market even right now. Finding a nice Gen 6+ i5/i7 or Ryzen 2+ System with a 1070 would be comparable, but rare to find at a $500 price point.

Tons of the laptops near me but the specs seem pretty bad for the price.
Same near me too...there’s a YouTube video about a day old reviewing the laptop and it’s actually pretty good plays games well he tested a few out but he did upgrade the ram...everything about the laptop seems solid except for the 768p screen

Looks like filthy has you covered thankfully, honestly a lot of the most demanding games are ones I actually don't have much interest in playing in general so it's something I've never really been able to see first hand.

And yeah if anyone buys this thing upgrade the RAM first thing. Can get really annoying trying to run even something like WoW if you have a bunch of browser tabs open or something like that.

i know it's obvious but would like to point out that everyone kept saying the HP is a good deal, but they are both HP :lol:

Saw PS VR Mega Pack with 5 game bundle for $100.  Went back to the store to pick it up for a friend.  Rang up $100.00.  Also shows up $100 in the store on brickseek.  $199 at other stores, but out of stock.  Pics attached to verify.

Saw PS VR Mega Pack with 5 game bundle for $100. Went back to the store to pick it up for a friend. Rang up $100.00. Also shows up $100 in the store on brickseek. $199 at other stores, but out of stock. Pics attached to verify.
Not available where I live, but if anyone searches in Miami Fl, there's 1 walmart that seems to have 6 at that price.... sometimes I wonder why I ever left there....

Main Street location in Green Bay had two copies of FFXII: Zodiac Age for 20. I snagged one. 66224892030

Edit: for Switch

i know it's obvious but would like to point out that everyone kept saying the HP is a good deal, but they are both HP :lol:
True, to an extent.

HP is not one of the best brands - so I am thinking the Case, Mobo, PSU, and RAM count is probably not-so-hot.

But for the $400 it been showing up as (instead of the $700-900 it probably would normally go for), that's a good deal. You're talking basically half price here.

Also, for $400, that's a steal for both a 1660 Ti and the CPU altogether. Those two parts are worth the $400 or so total, nevermind the entire PC! This could be good for upgraders and/or builders, for those pieces alone.

If you know what you're doing, you could upgrade a current desktop PC that needs a better GPU and/or CPU...and go from there.

Or heck, since you'll still be ahead here if you wanted to build a custom rig around the 1660 Ti, CPU, and the 8GB of RAM - you can always buy a new mobo, case, PSU, more RAM (I would recommend buying another 8GB of RAM at least, so you have at least 16GB of RAM total here), etc etc.

Just purchased radiant historia the big box version for 19.93 it was at the bottom of the shelf with no price tag.

Picked upPuzzle & Dragons Z / P&DZ Super Mario Bros Edition (3DS)  for $9 at the local walmart.  It was on the game clearance shelf with other games but not priced so I had to use my walmart app.   Not bad at all.  It isn't much more to get a copy on ebay, but for a random purchase that I could see the condition it was worth it.  They had some $23 Pokemon Sun as well.  Of course YMMV.

Found this a few days ago at a Walmart for $137. I know it isn’t the best spec’d gaming PC but for that price I consider it a steal.
That is an absolute steal. I've been watching it since it hit $499, my area sold out when it hit $399 - I was hoping to get it for a little less. Any more in your area at that price?

That is an absolute steal. I've been watching it since it hit $499, my area sold out when it hit $399 - I was hoping to get it for a little less. Any more in your area at that price?
Interesting. The one I got was the last one at that store. Found one at another store for $399 and did a return rebuy for $137. Was thinking about picking up a third and trying it again and the store raised it back to $399.

Pulled the 1660 ti out of the 2nd one and replaced it with a $35 vid card for my wife to use as an office pc for charting. Sold the 1660 ti for $230 on eBay.

it never showed $137 on brickseek. It showed $137 in the Walmart app. Tried to post pic but site won’t let me. Get error when linking to the hosting site. Anyone know how to post pic?

Found this a few days ago at a Walmart for $137. I know it isn’t the best spec’d gaming PC but for that price I consider it a steal.
Geez, that's an insane steal for $137! What a steal!

Even at $400, it's worth it for the CPU and GPU as parts (those are worth about $400 together); the rest's gravy on top.

Geez, that's an insane steal for $137! What a steal!

Even at $400, it's worth it for the CPU and GPU as parts (those are worth about $400 together); the rest's gravy on top.
Crap, im pretty sure i saw one of these at my local walmart but didnt bite since i didnt see a price on it and figured it would barely be on a "clearance" price, i hope its still there when i go back on monday....

Is anyone able to find a Battlefront 2 Deluxe for PS4? No go in my area.
Quite surprised in my travels today. I checked brickseek for both target and walmart, zero across the board for Battlefront 2 deluxe. Popped into two walmarts today and the second one had one copy in stock. Snatched it up quick!

Went to a Walmart I barely go too to get Tokyo Mirage and noticed they had a bunch of 3ds games with no prices in the glass case. Saw one copy of Fire Emblem Birthright and checked Brickseek just for fun and saw it was only $9. Only Walmart that shows up on brickseek that has it and it was their last copy. I’ve been waiting for forever for it to go on clearance at Target, super pumped.

So unless you have a way to download the Google Home App, you can't turn on bluetooth and have to listen to Google lady give instructions every time you turn the sound bar on.

I'm probably gonna return it...which it seems someone else did as there was dog hair in my box.

So unless you have a way to download the Google Home App, you can't turn on bluetooth and have to listen to Google lady give instructions every time you turn the sound bar on.

I'm probably gonna return it...which it seems someone else did as there was dog hair in my box.
any comment on the sound quality? i have google hub and home so that wont be a problem, just wondering if its any good.

any comment on the sound quality? i have google hub and home so that wont be a problem, just wondering if its any good.
If you're talking about the Black Web one my Walmart dropped it to $17 and for my room its absolutely perfect if anything too loud haha no regrets from me though!

Even for just the Bluetooth capability to play music from my phone that is worth it

You really really might want to check your local stores, the closest one to me was shrinking out a ton of One and PS4 games for $10 to make room.

Notables for $10:
Metro Exodus (both platforms)
World War Z (both platforms)
Sniper Elite 4 (PS4)
Just Cause 4 (One)
DMCV (One)
Wreckfest (One)
Ace Combat 7 (One)
Sea of Thieves
Battlefield V (One)
Injustice 2 Legendary Edition (One)
Destiny 2 Forsaken (Both)
Forza Horizon 3
Fallout 4 GOTY (Both)

You really really might want to check your local stores, the closest one to me was shrinking out a ton of One and PS4 games for $10 to make room.

Notables for $10:
Metro Exodus (both platforms)
World War Z (both platforms)
Sniper Elite 4 (PS4)
Just Cause 4 (One)
DMCV (One)
Wreckfest (One)
Ace Combat 7 (One)
Sea of Thieves
Battlefield V (One)
Injustice 2 Legendary Edition (One)
Destiny 2 Forsaken (Both)