Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone needing new or better hair/beard clippers, this set is $34.97 in most stores but $22.00 on rollback on walmart.com. I ended up doing an order while in store with site to store delivery for free because I didn't have time to go to CS or one of the registers where they will honor the online price as sold by walmart.com as I had groceries to buy too. Already used them once and they are a dream compared to the garbage clippers I've been using. No snagging, easy to maintain, no adjustment nob, & a decent length cord. These are barbershop quality.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-Virtually-Indestructible-Barbershop-Clipper-15-piece-Haircut-Kit-Yellow-HC5855/44469331
Thanks, I recently started looking for a new set of these and these look great especially for the price! My local store actually has stock too.

In the walmart app, search "Hair clippers" it's the first result. $22.00, Remington Virtually Indestructible Barbershop Clipper, 16-piece Haircut Kit, Yellow, HC5855

On the app I can still add to cart and buy as it's listed "sold & shipped" by walmart. During the checkout process you can change to site to store for $0 shipping. It MAY be dependent on your store having them. Mine said "limited stock" when I ordered and there were 3 or 4 on the shelf at the time as I was in store looking at them and disappointed they didn't scan for the online price but were almost $35.

I read a ton of reviews of clippers before taking a chance on these. I've had plenty of other brands, this is my first Remington branded clipper.

Trimmed up the URL, probably because I just copy and pasted the whole thing before:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-Virtually-Indestructible-Barbershop-Clipper-15-piece-Haircut-Kit-Yellow-HC5855/44469331
I've used remington before and they are definitely the better brand of trimmer and are usually middle priced so they are not super expensive but not on the cheaper side. I typically pick them up at kohls since you can use coupons and kohls cash and such when they are on sale to get them down to around 30$.

Norelco used to be a great brand but they don't sell the smaller trimmer anymore which were portable AA battery ones. If you ever happen to find one at a walmart I definitely rec buying it. For the 10 or 14$ I paid for it about a decade ago I got a lot of use out of it. It still works now but the blades are obviously dull. I wish I could replace them but that would cost a lot I imagine assuming I could even get replacements.

The current trimmer I am using though is one I bought at a giant eagle grocery store for 18$. It's conair brand. It's sold in a family bag set and came with an apron, beard net thing, 20-30 attachments though generic ones from other brands fit as well which I happen to have, 2 combs and a fine tooth one that's supposed to be for beards but I just use it as a regular comb. It's a corded one and works pretty well. Only things I dislike about it is that it has gaps and hair just falls right into even for the blade section and gets stuck so cleaning it takes more than just tapping on the side of the sink or brushing. The other thing is that it is stronger or weaker depending on the hair thickness setting. The attachments are really hard to get on but easy to get off. I just wish they had a shorter hair option since the shortest one isn't short enough to me and obviously taking the attachment off makes it too short.

[attachment=33665:0218200754.jpg]

Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition for 360

Also they had an entire section of PC games locked away, i mean they still had Sims 3 locked up at $40 so yeah gotta love Walmart haha

Gonna buy that $22 set of clippers I cut my own hair and my clippers are old thanks for the link!

Purchased for pickup! $23 not bad. Lots of barbers have raised their prices now with instagram and charge $25-30 for haircut/beard my hair grows fast and in 2 days It’s growing. So cutting my own hair works out great.

Gonna buy that $22 set of clippers I cut my own hair and my clippers are old thanks for the link!

Purchased for pickup! $23 not bad. Lots of barbers have raised their prices now with instagram and charge $25-30 for haircut/beard my hair grows fast and in 2 days It’s growing. So cutting my own hair works out great.
Hope you like em as well as I do. My old clippers were getting dull and even when they weren't it took me way to long to cut my hair. Worst case it's the cost of a single cut at the barber and it's walmart so you can always return them. But mine worked perfectly as expected and trimmed as fast as any barbers clippers I've experienced.

No clearance but made a mistake they put a king cold pop out and I didn't buy it. A whole month early would've made a very good profit buying it. Shame on me not keeping up to date on those.

I wouldn't bother looking for Pokemon Shield on brickseek to see if your nearest store has it on clearance like in the above image. Usually with those kinds of clearance stickers they use a unique barcode just for that specific unit which is more often than not a repackage.

rumors really flying about small town/rural walmarts closing and becoming pickup only hubs. I guess it was mentioned in a shareholder meeting that they are trying to reduce their workforce by 20 to 25% in the next few years. my local store was set for a remodel and it was cancelled without reason and i guess management at that store was talking about how there would still be jobs if the transition happened.

rumors really flying about small town/rural walmarts closing and becoming pickup only hubs. I guess it was mentioned in a shareholder meeting that they are trying to reduce their workforce by 20 to 25% in the next few years. my local store was set for a remodel and it was cancelled without reason and i guess management at that store was talking about how there would still be jobs if the transition happened.
I guess the biggest corporate tax cut in history did not result in more and better jobs for everyone, nor trickle-down economics. Weird.

I guess the biggest corporate tax cut in history did not result in more and better jobs for everyone, nor trickle-down economics. Weird.
Yeah, the unemployment rate hasn't gotten any better since then, or anything... You can't just wave a magic wand.

This has nothing to do with Tax cuts or anything else this is all a result of the wage bumps they got and people wont admit it but online shopping is effecting them and with all these places doing online grocery ordering and delivering it also is taking a cut out of the all mighty Walmart pie.

Dont make this political 

Online grocery shopping is incredibly niche due to it not being the remotely same thing as shopping in a store. It's nowhere near becoming commonplace yet. People are having others do the in store grocery shopping for them though and that business is booming it seems. 

Online grocery shopping is incredibly niche due to it not being the remotely same thing as shopping in a store. It's nowhere near becoming commonplace yet. People are having others do the in store grocery shopping for them though and that business is booming it seems.
I see the appeal of these services but I prefer picking out my own produce. I don't trust others judgement on what a good fruit or vegetable looks like. If I knew I wasn't going to get bad lettuce or peppers I would love to have the hour and half I use grocery shopping back in my day

I see the appeal of these services but I prefer picking out my own produce. I don't trust others judgement on what a good fruit or vegetable looks like. If I knew I wasn't going to get bad lettuce or peppers I would love to have the hour and half I use grocery shopping back in my day
True and we had got our order messed up. They put the wrong flavor a veggie burger and charged for 2 but gave us one. It was a huge hassle, hand picking is the best .

I’ve been 100% satisfied with Walmart Grocery Pickup. If they mess an item up, it’s a few clicks in-app to refund.

One time, they did give us someone else’s order. Which was actually pretty cool, because we got ours and they have you keep the wrong order for free. (Basically got groceries twice that week.)

Can't imagine being so busy/lazy that you need to have someone else spend half an hour every week doing your grocery shopping for you. Giving up control over the quality of the item that is chosen for you is questionable, too. I can see people with physical disabilities having to use the program, but not others.

Can't imagine being so busy/lazy that you need to have someone else spend half an hour every week doing your grocery shopping for you. Giving up control over the quality of the item that is chosen for you is questionable, too. I can see people with physical disabilities having to use the program, but not others.
Can’t imagine being so judgmental that I would forgot that some people have social anxiety, or don’t have the time to go shopping every week.

Can’t imagine being so judgmental that I would forgot that some people have social anxiety, or don’t have the time to go shopping every week.
I have social anxiety. I had a mental breakdown years ago, went to a therapist and took anti-anxiety pills to go outside. This is not a legitimate issue. Nobody ever attacked me in a grocery store during that time, nobody stopped me to talk to me. People barely even looked at me. Anyone believing their social anxiety is so severe that they can't even be in a store with other people who are minding their own business need to seek help instead of pandering to their insecurities by allowing the people they are avoiding to choose their fucking groceries for them. People have to help themselves.

How are you too busy? Do you work three jobs? If you don't, then you're not too busy. I have a full-time job and a side job, and I manage it just fine. Have kids? Great. Take your kids to the store. Connecting with them and teaching them about the world and preparing them for adulthood is your responsibility, and grocery shopping is a good way to do this.

It takes them half an hour to get your grocery shopping done, might take you an hour. That's hardly any time at all over the span of a week. Y'all spend more time in a week searching Bing for spare pennies.

Hey everyone. I know nothing about macroeconomics.
The Dow Jones only had its 3rd largest daily pointdrop in its 124-year history at -1031 points yesterday (-3.56%) . Then lost another -879 points today (-3.15%). But this booming economy was definitely created by the current administration, right?

The Dow Jones only had its 3rd largest daily pointdrop in its 124-year history at -1031 points yesterday (-3.56%) . Then lost another -879 points today (-3.15%). But this booming economy was definitely created by the current administration, right?
Take your whining to the appropriate forum.

I have social anxiety. I had a mental breakdown years ago, went to a therapist and took anti-anxiety pills to go outside. This is not a legitimate issue. Nobody ever attacked me in a grocery store during that time, nobody stopped me to talk to me. People barely even looked at me. Anyone believing their social anxiety is so severe that they can't even be in a store with other people who are minding their own business need to seek help instead of pandering to their insecurities by allowing the people they are avoiding to choose their fucking groceries for them. People have to help themselves.

How are you too busy? Do you work three jobs? If you don't, then you're not too busy. I have a full-time job and a side job, and I manage it just fine. Have kids? Great. Take your kids to the store. Connecting with them and teaching them about the world and preparing them for adulthood is your responsibility, and grocery shopping is a good way to do this.

It takes them half an hour to get your grocery shopping done, might take you an hour. That's hardly any time at all over the span of a week. Y'all spend more time in a week searching Bing for spare pennies.
First, not everyone has the money to afford a therapist or the means to get medication. Second, not everyone has the same level of anxiety, especially when you’re depressed.

Why does it matter to you how people get their groceries? Extra jobs are made, stores get more business, people who don’t like going into stores can get their groceries. Everyone wins.
I, for one think that grocery pick up is a great thing. Even if people are lazy, those lazy people are the ones that would have previously been eating fast food everyday. At least now they can get fresh produce and meats.

I get my groceries delivered. My wife is an accountant and works 80 hours a week this time of year and I am a full time stay at home dad for our 10 month old son since all my income is passive other than answering a few customer emails. So yeah, some people are just too god damn busy. I barely have time to put the groceries away once delivered.

First, not everyone has the money to afford a therapist or the means to get medication. Second, not everyone has the same level of anxiety, especially when you’re depressed.

Why does it matter to you how people get their groceries? Extra jobs are made, stores get more business, people who don’t like going into stores can get their groceries. Everyone wins.
I, for one think that grocery pick up is a great thing. Even if people are lazy, those lazy people are the ones that would have previously been eating fast food everyday. At least now they can get fresh produce and meats.
It doesn't. You just worded your rebuttal apprehensively, and I felt the need to explain. To your point, it does give people jobs in the wake of all the self checkouts in every Walmart these days. But I would offer counterpoint with the idea that only senior citizens and people with physical disabilities should be using it. I can also concede that some professions (doctors, firepeople, etc.) could be busy enough to use it as well, but not just random folks who are lazy, and not habitually. My issues were getting divorced from the only person I ever loved, losing my job, and my father dying over the course of a few months, and the help I received was free through the government. Still have problems, but I make the effort and it works.

It's ultimately just my opinion that people who can reasonably do their own shopping should. I don't expect to change anyone's behavior here.

It doesn't. You just worded your rebuttal apprehensively, and I felt the need to explain. To your point, it does give people jobs in the wake of all the self checkouts in every Walmart these days. But I would offer counterpoint with the idea that only senior citizens and people with physical disabilities should be using it. I can also concede that some professions (doctors, firepeople, etc.) could be busy enough to use it as well, but not just random folks who are lazy, and not habitually. My issues were getting divorced from the only person I ever loved, losing my job, and my father dying over the course of a few months, and the help I received was free through the government. Still have problems, but I make the effort and it works.

It's ultimately just my opinion that people who can reasonably do their own shopping should. I don't expect to change anyone's behavior here.
All of your points can be said for online shopping as well, but if anything doing store pick up takes more work considering that you have to drive there.
I hope that you’ve never bought anything online, otherwise you’d be the biggest hypocrite in the world right.

I don't fault anyone for using grocery services. It's cheap and convenient. I personally don't use it since I don't trust others handling my food properly and I can't use coupons for them. I rather spend the 30+ minutes in the store gathering my food and being able to save with coupons and in store discounts than have the luxury of someone else getting my food for me. 

There is definitely value and life lessons in taking your kids grocery shopping. Whenever they (hopefully) leave the nest they will likely not be raking in the big bucks with their first job. A personal shopper is a premium service that you need to pay for. Teaching your kids how to shop will save them money and make them more independent. It can be a fun way for kids to build confidence too when they interact with the cashier or self check-out machine

The irony of people in a Walmart clearance thread defending ordering all your items online for pickup is a pretty strong. I go to Walmart personally to find deals and I always browse the clearance deals. I find a lot of stuff cheaper that way, so I might get a different brand or something but I get the better deal. And yes, I get a lot of clearance grocery items to.

A lot of people ordering for picking up are also the type of people that down the road will make a post on Facebook about how the don't make enough money to get bye. I've known a lot of people personally who make a series of tiny bad financial choices and then don't understand what went wrong. Shopping for deals is best done aggressively, go hunt down the best deals, you'll save yourself a ton of money. If you're too apathetic to do that, don't complain later when you're short on funds.

Of course there are people who are too busy or physically incapable of walking around a Walmart, but they are in a very small minority. Most people using services like this, or paying extra to have food delivered and so on are just lazy and wasteful with their money.

My local stores have had their makeovers already so thankfully this isn't happening here.  I do buy my groceries at Walmart, but I like to pick things out myself especially when it comes to fresh items with short useful life left in them (like Milk, Fruit, Meat, etc).  If they don't have something with enough life left in it then I'll switch up my meal plan and buy something else.  I only use the site to store option on things where the price in store is higher than the online price and it's worth it to go that route or I know supplies are super limited and I can't get to the store quick enough.  Like the hair clippers... $34.9x in store would have been $38.xx after tax... online at $22.00 it made it $24.20 after tax.  So I saved around $14.  Well worth it.  Also the clearance isles are interesting to check out.  I don't just buy random items because they are cheap, but if I see something I've needed/wanted or could see would be useful to have, I'll consider buying it.  But I keep a tight budget on weekly walmart trips so as to have a lot of money to save to rapidly pay off my house and save for vacations, stuff the kids need/want, and so on.   Best thing I ever did financially was budget and live within a fixed income.  It took most of the stress out of my finances and created a nice savings to cover future events including retirement in just under 14 years.

After reading the last page of comments on why it is/isn't worth having people get your groceries I can honestly say this is the most pointless argument I have seen here in a long time.  I get this is CAG but it honestly shouldn't matter what others are doing with their time and money.  Its theirs to spend it how they like.

Every time I go to Walmart I take a stroll through electronics only to leave with disappointment. I’ve been desperate for a deal I nearly picked up Rigs for $5 yesterday even though I don’t have a VR

How about somebody with severe ptsd? Am I ok enough to have shit delivered or am I garbage anyway based upon your standards? Do I need to go into detail how even with my service dog grocery shopping around people freaks me the eff out? Maybe your experience with mental health was minimal but don't sit on a video game deal thread and talk nonsense about mental health, how we"should" deal with it or why people have to justify a delivery service. Take that judgmental shit somewhere else

You probably should heed your last paragraph; if you don't expect to change behavior, why post a seemingly condescending opinion? Was it just to low-key troll? If so, maybe find a grocery shopping forum, yeah?

The irony of people in a Walmart clearance thread defending ordering all your items online for pickup is a pretty strong. I go to Walmart personally to find deals and I always browse the clearance deals. I find a lot of stuff cheaper that way, so I might get a different brand or something but I get the better deal. And yes, I get a lot of clearance grocery items to.

A lot of people ordering for picking up are also the type of people that down the road will make a post on Facebook about how the don't make enough money to get bye. I've known a lot of people personally who make a series of tiny bad financial choices and then don't understand what went wrong. Shopping for deals is best done aggressively, go hunt down the best deals, you'll save yourself a ton of money. If you're too apathetic to do that, don't complain later when you're short on funds.

Of course there are people who are too busy or physically incapable of walking around a Walmart, but they are in a very small minority. Most people using services like this, or paying extra to have food delivered and so on are just lazy and wasteful with their money.
Please, internet stranger, keep evaluating my life and how I’m a lazy and broke person because I choose not to go into a store an hour+ every week. I want to learn how to pick my own groceries so I can become as perfect of a person as you are.

Please, internet stranger, keep evaluating my life and how I’m a lazy and broke person because I choose not to go into a store an hour+ every week. I want to learn how to pick my own groceries so I can become as perfect of a person as you are.
I said "a lot", if you group yourself in with them then you agree what I said applies to you. If you didn't? Then I wasn't talking about you anyway.

I went from a broke high school drop out figuring out how to eat off of $20 a month (yes I went into the store to shop, had to walk there and carry everything back), to having no debt, and living comfortably with my house, cars, etc... paid for. Yes, choices do have consequences and if people choose to waste money they'll have less of that. It's that simply, I'm a deeply flawed person but it frustrates me to see people around me, close to me, that simply refuse to make simple, wise choices with their finances. People mind you, that work harder than I do, but waste more and at the end of the day have less because of it. This have everything mailed to me/everything delivered/everything picked off the store shelves for thing is in almost every instance a poor financial choice.

Ugh what did I start??
its bizarre isnt it? nobody is talking down on people for getting fast food delivered, going through a drive thru instead of walking in and ordering, or any of a million other modern time saving conveniences, but grocery pickup triggers everybody. who knew.

nobody is talking down on people for getting fast food delivered
I literally just did that two posts above. It's stupid, wasteful, and lazy. Pay extra to have cheap crap delivered? Well, if you want to pay extra for unhealthy stuff be my guest.

The Walmart pickup stuff is pertinent because to reiterate this is a thread about clearance items, and you'll have a heck of a time finding them if you don't go into the damn store.

Online grocery pickup must be a great way for stores like Walmart to get rid of their expiring juice and milk, day-old bread, flawed produce, and  butchered meat past the 2-day recommended sell date.  Sounds like a winning deal for them to me. 

bread's done
Back