Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally just did that two posts above. It's stupid, wasteful, and lazy. Pay extra to have cheap crap delivered? Well, if you want to pay extra for unhealthy stuff be my guest.

The Walmart pickup stuff is pertinent because to reiterate this is a thread about clearance items, and you'll have a heck of a time finding them if you don't go into the damn store.
Because it is, of course, impossible to both have groceries delivered and also STILL go to Walmart to browse the clearance aisles on other days.

I’m just trying to get to how using pick up = financially unstable, lazy & broke.
Let’s be honest, anyone who shops at Walmart isn’t rich to begin with, especially those who are looking for clearance deals. It’s mind boggling to me that many people in this thread are so judgmental/condescending
I guarantee I make more money doing extra work during that time I would have spent browsing the aisles finding all of my grocery items than the money spent to pay for Walmart delivery. This forum often forgets the value of time.

I guarantee I make more money doing extra work during that time I would have spent browsing the aisles finding all of my grocery items than the money spent to pay for Walmart delivery. This forum often forgets the value of time.
Oh cool. Hey fellow actor! I think you must live in LA, New York, or maybe even Georgia. Because in the SF Bay Area, we are lucky to get one extra job a month now. SF minimum wage is like $16, and movie studios don't want to pay that for background work unless they have to.

Oh cool. Hey fellow actor! I think you must live in LA, New York, or maybe even Georgia. Because in the SF Bay Area, we are lucky to get one extra job a month now. SF minimum wage is like $16, and movie studios don't want to pay that for background work unless they have to.
What?

You said that you do extra work. I assume that you meant like in movies. Unless you don't know what extra work means.
I honestly can’t tell if this is deliberate trolling, or a delightfully hilarious misunderstanding. But either way, as an actor myself, I’m getting a big kick out of this whole exchange :)

Carry on, gentlemen.

I honestly can’t tell if this is deliberate trolling, or a delightfully hilarious misunderstanding. But either way, as an actor myself, I’m getting a big kick out of this whole exchange :)

Carry on, gentlemen.
Just a misunderstanding. Still cool that there are other actors on this forum. I was in both Ant Man movies, and the newest Transformers film. I also might work on The Matrix 4 this month.

If one wants to consider the value of time, they'd have to consider the value of time spent browsing a forum for Walmart clearance as well. I've walked out of Walmart up $1,000 due to clearance deals, but if someone has an amazing job then yeah you can pay retail and your time is super valuable so don't waste it here, heh.

If one wants to consider the value of time, they'd have to consider the value of time spent browsing a forum for Walmart clearance as well. I've walked out of Walmart up $1,000 due to clearance deals, but if someone has an amazing job then yeah you can pay retail and your time is super valuable so don't waste it here, heh.

Why are you still trying to keep this stirred up? We get it, you're soooooo much smarter and better than us "lazy" people who use delivery services. We got it, the high horse you rode in tho has been beaten to death so much, it's abuse.

Why are you still trying to keep this stirred up? We get it, you're soooooo much smarter and better than us "lazy" people who use delivery services. We got it, the high horse you rode in tho has been beaten to death so much, it's abuse.
I didn't say jack shit about deliveries. I didn't even quote the guy quoting me intentionally not to stir up sensitivities. But, yeah my high horse. I said I'm a high school drop out. I said I'm lazy. Heck, now I'm saying my time isn't worth much. But yeah, if you interpret that as me saying I'm better than you so be it. I'm not going to stop posting because it triggers you.

I didn't say jack shit about deliveries. I didn't even quote the guy quoting me intentionally not to stir up you sensitive lads. But, yeah my high horse. I said I'm a high school drop out. I said I'm lazy. Heck, now I'm saying my time isn't worth much. But yeah, if you interpret that as me saying I'm better than you go ahead.
Just stop already

Brickseek really I believe is only as reliable as the store's ability to have accurate stocks levels listed. I've used the Walmart app itself to find things only for it not to be there. Stock levels say otherwise but zero finds. Not just clearance stuff either.

Anybody else have Walmarts with cattle doors and alarms at the front? Mine have these and you can't come back thru in an emergency or just want to leave because nothing was there for me. Alarms wail, yellow vests tell you to go exit via a register
One of the stores nearby has those gates, my guess is because it's in a high crime area. It also the only store that hasn't pretty much done away with cashiers.

I can’t write on my laptop or ship eBay items while taking a shit, but I sure can browse this forum while on the pot, so there’s that.

One of the stores nearby has those gates, my guess is because it's in a high crime area. It also the only store that hasn't pretty much done away with cashiers.
This one is maybe 5 minutes down the road, next to an outdoor mall. Crime is an issue I bet but not to the extremes they're going. The receipt check crap is ridiculously aggressive depending on the yellow vested door patrol.

As someone physically unable to drive, I'm glad they're close enough we can get there fast or I can get stuff delivered. I know how stupid that sounds to some 🙄 but one does what one must to survive

They have the person checking receipts by the door but really only do it if you purchased water or something that doesn’t fit into a bag.
I find the whole thing stupid af. They make it so you can't walk out with items then post a guard at the door, all the while reducing human cashiers. Plus, anybody who knows knows that the bulk of retail shrink comes from employees. Careless employees, lazy employees, thieving employees. All and all, in a retailers P&L reports, theft is not as large of a percentage as they make it. Do people steal? Yes. Do companies lose more in damaged, ruined or bad merch? Yup. Even merchant send backs like accidentally cut packages, expired, etc do not cover the loss.

I know because I've dealt with P&Ls and theft in other jobs

My closest WalMart also has those gates. They pretty much abut against the customer service/returns area so it makes an even bigger bottleneck.

That being said, it's in an area with a well below average crime rate and median housing values north of 500K. I'm really surprised that the deem the gates necessary. Seems more like a top down standardization thing or something.

Walmart’s near me have these big towers with pickup items and robot sweepers. I bet the sweepers are armed with tasers and towers with drones.

This one is maybe 5 minutes down the road, next to an outdoor mall. Crime is an issue I bet but not to the extremes they're going. The receipt check crap is ridiculously aggressive depending on the yellow vested door patrol.

As someone physically unable to drive, I'm glad they're close enough we can get there fast or I can get stuff delivered. I know how stupid that sounds to some but one does what one must to survive
One of the yellow vest patrol at a different store nearby took their job way too seriously. One day late last year my mom went to grab a gallon of milk for someone. She double bagged it thinking the yellow vest patrol wouldn't ask to see and scan the receipt since it's bagged.

Not only did they ask to see the receipt and scan it, they wanted her to show them the milk was the only thing she bought. All I can say is they better be glad I wasn't with her because all hell would've broke loose up in there.

My closest WalMart also has those gates. They pretty much abut against the customer service/returns area so it makes an even bigger bottleneck.

That being said, it's in an area with a well below average crime rate and median housing values north of 500K. I'm really surprised that the deem the gates necessary. Seems more like a top down standardization thing or something.
Could be some top down standardization thing. Funny thing is the other nearby store definitely needs the "cattle gates" at the entrances because of the crime in that area too. Some guy dressed up as a WM employee and walked right out with some big ticket items on a hand truck a couple times before anyone realized what had happened.

I laughed hard at one yellow vest. He stopped me, I left him know exactly how I felt and as I started to walk out, my wife had me come to the store pickup section. That was right inside the entrance. As I walked back, this lady was watching vest man like a hawk. He saw me, goes "you're good" and got his ears full from her. She started in on him about only checking certain people, which he was, and how effed up it was. I told her about why I didn't get hassled but it was still hilarious to watch him squirm.

Apologise for that, typed it as I thought it. Doesn't always work.

A yellow vest caught the brunt of a lady's anger because he didn't want to deal with me after I bitched him out once. Short take from a poorly written story? Yellow vests are receipt checking in super aggressive and obnoxious ways

Apologise for that, typed it as I thought it. Doesn't always work.

A yellow vest caught the brunt of a lady's anger because he didn't want to deal with me after I bitched him out once. Short take from a poorly written story? Yellow vests are receipt checking in super aggressive and obnoxious ways
seems appropriate to yell at someone for doing their job... Did it make you feel better about yourself?

seems appropriate to yell at someone for doing their job... Did it make you feel better about yourself?
Meh but keep it up and I'll feel good about yelling at you. She yelled at him, I chewed him out for his approach and way he did it. As someone who worked retail for years, I don't tell at regular employees but I do tell them off when they cross the line. He crossed the line, he was not checking everybody, just certain people.

Meh but keep it up and I'll feel good about yelling at you. She yelled at him, I chewed him out for his approach and way he did it. As someone who worked retail for years, I don't tell at regular employees but I do tell them off when they cross the line. He crossed the line, he was not checking everybody, just certain people.
show him the receipt like he asked and move on with your life ... everyone makes so much out of nothing.... you dont know him or his life he could of been having a terrible day and then on top of it deals with entitled people like yourself.

show him the receipt like he asked and move on with your life ... everyone makes so much out of nothing.... you dont know him or his life he could of been having a terrible day and then on top of it deals with entitled people like yourself.
And you don't know me so take your own advice. I could go on about how I didn't sign an agreement for him to search me. I pay my shit, I leave. Not wanting someone to grab me, stop me and delay me and others for what amounts to scare tactics isn't "entitled"

4agaQ.gif

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=641628566 None in stock in my area but that seems like a good price for 58 inch tv for 198
It shows one store on the west side of town may have a few in stock (4-5). Given that I'm 1 out of 3 when using BS to find discounted/clearance items at WM stores, there no point in making the trip. That and I don't have $200 to buy one to start with, lol. Only successful clearance find I've had is the $11 Crystal DS4 controller when that was going on last year.

I always hear people say Walmart in "high crime" areas. I am pretty sure the Walmart causes the high crime areas to appear. I have one near me that has a security guard driving a truck around the parking lot constantly because of all the break ins, rest of the area is pretty upscale.

In the city the one Walmart by me has security all the time despite being in the heart of the city. The football stadium is a 2 minute drive from it with expensive condos but this area is the straight ghetto.

The other Walmarts in the area are just fine though.

Here are some, non videogame, deals. Go back to arguing though, it gets me through the night :)

$300 LG 60" Class 4K UHD 2160p LED Smart TV With HDR 60UM6950DUB https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=626760391
$49 TCL Alto 5+, 2.1 Channel Home Theater Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer - TS5010 https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=105589048

Yankie Candles large should be $4.5 for various scents at all stores.

This sometimes makes no sense, unless this is different at WalMart or only at certain stores. I saw on the news that the reason they stop people or want to see receipts is because they are checking to make sure you got the lowest price and didn't over pay for an item, making sure the cashier didn't mess up, not looking for people stealing. If you get stopped for other reasons than this, then that's different or if this is not part of WalMart then nvm but that's the purpose of it.

So to get mad for making sure you pay the right amount and weren't overcharged? Again if it "seems" it's another issue or actually is then nvm, just stating what I heard.

Also I haven't been on here much lately, but I don't seem to find good deals anymore and there doesn't seem to be much to post, what's going on?

This sometimes makes no sense, unless this is different at WalMart or only at certain stores. I saw on the news that the reason they stop people or want to see receipts is because they are checking to make sure you got the lowest price and didn't over pay for an item, making sure the cashier didn't mess up, not looking for people stealing. If you get stopped for other reasons than this, then that's different or if this is not part of WalMart then nvm but that's the purpose of it.

So to get mad for making sure you pay the right amount and weren't overcharged? Again if it "seems" it's another issue or actually is then nvm, just stating what I heard.

Also I haven't been on here much lately, but I don't seem to find good deals anymore and there doesn't seem to be much to post, what's going on?
Every explanation I got when stopped was to check for purchase proof. They dig thru the bags, scan only bulk items and scan the bar code on the receipt. If it's to help us, they are are not going about it all in a good way.

However, that being said, once they stop you and search you, without police involvement, it's false detaining and illegal search. Period.

Half of the news is corporate promotion disguised as news, it's not shocking that's the messaging.

I find it hard to believe it's for help-out-the-customer reasons. If they wanted to make sure the stuff rang up correctly, they wouldn't have one lane open for checkout and two to three people checking receipts by the door as I've seen several times. That sole employee on till is less likely to mess up feeling rushed with a giant line of annoyed people who want to move on with their lives and not shuffled through security theater.

I've never had a Walmart greeter dig through my bags of stuff.  Yeah, scan some bottled water or toilet paper or something obvious and then my receipt (or at least see on the receipt that I bought water/tp/etc).  it takes a few seconds and I'm on my way.  If I were a thief I might be bothered.

One trick to avoid detainment is when buying groceries put your bulk items in the cart and then stack all the bags around the bulk stuff so it doesn't show.  Never been stopped doing this.  Also I try to make sure bulk items are scanned first or nearly first so I can point on the receipt for the quick reciept checks where they don't break out the scanners.  Oh and my receipt is in my hand until I get past the greeter.  No sense it putting it up if there's a chance I might need to show it.  I'm never stopped for more than a couple seconds.  I don't see the big deal.

I've never had a Walmart greeter dig through my bags of stuff. Yeah, scan some bottled water or toilet paper or something obvious and then my receipt (or at least see on the receipt that I bought water/tp/etc). it takes a few seconds and I'm on my way. If I were a thief I might be bothered.

One trick to avoid detainment is when buying groceries put your bulk items in the cart and then stack all the bags around the bulk stuff so it doesn't show. Never been stopped doing this. Also I try to make sure bulk items are scanned first or nearly first so I can point on the receipt for the quick reciept checks where they don't break out the scanners. Oh and my receipt is in my hand until I get past the greeter. No sense it putting it up if there's a chance I might need to show it. I'm never stopped for more than a couple seconds. I don't see the big deal.
NEw York State has banned all single use plastic bags. I was in Walmart this morning and all the checkout aisles had paper bags or no bags at all. This will increase the frequency with which the "greeters" check receipts

Here's the problem with "just hand them the receipt": people do a shit ton of shopping there for more than themselves. My wife cares for the disabled, part of her job is to buy for more than one person at a time, using different forms of payment. She sat there for 10 minutes while a yellow vest rummaged, and demanded all of the 8 receipts she had. Her job requires her to go there and often with one of her people. Imagine trying to calm down someone who thinks they are being accused of stealing because of this? Yeah, you're fine but fuck the people is scares or hurts.

I just don't get why this form of "papers, papers" is acceptable to some people. The situation I posted about yesterday? White receipt checker yet he stopped a black woman and let three people walk right by. Objectively? He should have stopped everybody, he didn't and that's what upset her. I'm not one of those to jump to racist\sexist however I saw exactly why she was upset. It's stop and frisk in Walmart

My Walmart doesn't do any of this. You pay through a cashier or self-checkout and leave through the front doors. There is someone at the self-checkouts looking at everyone but he/she doesn't stop you or say anything.

Walmart and checkers is always funny to me.

If you go pass 10pm, there are no checkers on the clock and you can just walk out. Usually they are only on the grocery side so go through the home exit and no one will stop you. Better yet, you can go out through the garden section and the same thing though it may look weirder to do so.

Some stores don't have checkers at all, some can't schedule someone to check all the time too so on some days, they won't be there.

The way I see it, just hand over your receipt even if they aren't checking everyone. If you truly have a big deal, just walk pass them. They really have no right to check either way unless you are stealing which lost prevention will know if you are.

Do you guys not have phones?!

I just use their inconvenient walmart pay app and get an e-receipt so i can get out of walmart ASAP and don't have to wait for a paper receipt to print out. 

Plus you can see exactly what you've bought over the last few years!

76J0uha.jpg

Here's the problem with "just hand them the receipt": people do a shit ton of shopping there for more than themselves. My wife cares for the disabled, part of her job is to buy for more than one person at a time, using different forms of payment. She sat there for 10 minutes while a yellow vest rummaged, and demanded all of the 8 receipts she had. Her job requires her to go there and often with one of her people. Imagine trying to calm down someone who thinks they are being accused of stealing because of this? Yeah, you're fine but fuck the people is scares or hurts.

I just don't get why this form of "papers, papers" is acceptable to some people. The situation I posted about yesterday? White receipt checker yet he stopped a black woman and let three people walk right by. Objectively? He should have stopped everybody, he didn't and that's what upset her. I'm not one of those to jump to racist\sexist however I saw exactly why she was upset. It's stop and frisk in Walmart
LET it go already my GOD!

bread's done
Back