Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I went into walmart to buy something to break a $100, and the lunch meat / hot dogs/ sausage racks were 97% empty (not exaggerating), a lot of the frozen food cases were empty, it was kind of concerning.  I'm well stocked for food and can last a good 3 weeks easily... but I still panic bought a couple more things.  Hopefully it was just so low because of heavy weekend shoppers.  I did some shopping early Saturday morning and it wasn't too bad then.  Maybe 25% empty in cases.

So, yeah, a good time to make sure what is important is bought and a good time to forget about other stuff... even cheap stuff.

Yesterday I went into walmart to buy something to break a $100, and the lunch meat / hot dogs/ sausage racks were 97% empty (not exaggerating), a lot of the frozen food cases were empty, it was kind of concerning. I'm well stocked for food and can last a good 3 weeks easily... but I still panic bought a couple more things. Hopefully it was just so low because of heavy weekend shoppers. I did some shopping early Saturday morning and it wasn't too bad then. Maybe 25% empty in cases.

So, yeah, a good time to make sure what is important is bought and a good time to forget about other stuff... even cheap stuff.
I'm going shopping today. Hopefully my shelves look better. I've been limiting trips so I am pretty low right now

Never thought I'd walk into a store with a face mask + bandanna covering my mouth along with gloves (to not leave any finger prints) like I was robbing the place, but that's the norm now. Ran out of Cheetos. Sam's Club has the big bag for $3. 

Walmart near me selling the cheapo mulch for $2/bag which is annoying since the garden exit is closed and you have to find a barcode to scan at the open registers. 

Cheetos and Mulch are true emergencies.

Yesterday I went into walmart to buy something to break a $100, and the lunch meat / hot dogs/ sausage racks were 97% empty (not exaggerating), a lot of the frozen food cases were empty, it was kind of concerning. I'm well stocked for food and can last a good 3 weeks easily... but I still panic bought a couple more things. Hopefully it was just so low because of heavy weekend shoppers. I did some shopping early Saturday morning and it wasn't too bad then. Maybe 25% empty in cases.

It's the first of the month, so all the Social Security/Food Stamps/WIC people got their benefits.

It's the first of the month, so all the Social Security/Food Stamps/WIC people got their benefits.
Hopefully that was it and it'll be back more normal next time I venture out. Usually (before the coronavirus) the Walmart I shop at does end up selling out of a few items late in the day on Saturday, but never to this point. I tried to upload a few pics but the file uploader on cag wasn't cooperating with firefox.

I'm going shopping today. Hopefully my shelves look better. I've been limiting trips so I am pretty low right now
Hope it went well. One of my brothers works at a regular grocery store as a stock crew worker and supervisor... and they have no issue with getting trucks every day... so I think it was just a really hot shopping day with a lot of panic shopping.

Never thought I'd walk into a store with a face mask + bandanna covering my mouth along with gloves (to not leave any finger prints) like I was robbing the place, but that's the norm now.
It felt really weird the first time I donned my black disposable mechanics gloves and white disposable painters mask to venture into Walmart. I normally would never take a selfie... but did this time. Next time I will also wear safety glasses (either clear or yellow tinted). Thankfully most people had masks on with most of them being medical masks.

My county has had 9 confirmed cases which were pretty much all contained to the local hospitals and their staff. So, not a hot spot, but most people seem to be doing their part to stay home or at least wear protective gear when venturing out. Even when I went out that extra time on Saturday it wasn't as crowded as a normal Saturday and there was no wait at the caution taped up entrance line.

You'd think. At another walmart close by me had bottles of rum and vodka on clearance on a table at the front registers and it took around a week for them to sell.

YMMV, but here is what I saw in two different local B&M Wal-Mart locations:

:xb1: Madden 19 $5.00

:xb1: Battlefield 1 $5.00

:xb1: Wolfenstein II The New Colossus $5.00

:xb1: Rage 2 Deluxe Edition $5.00

:xb1: Fifa 18 $5.00

:xb1: Soul Calibur VI $5.00

:xb1: Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition $5.00

:xb1: Destiny 2 Forsaken Legendary Collection $3.00

:xb1: Apex Legends $13.88 (Rollback Price on the two different game covers)

:xb1: Agent of Mayem + Legal Action Pending DLC $2.50

:xb1: Metal Gear Survive $5.00

:xb1: Earthfall Deluxe Edition $10.00

:xb1: Dishonored Death of the Outsider $5.00

:xb1: Gears of War 4 $10.00

:xb1: Pixark $10.00

:ps4: Bloodstained Ritual of the Night $15.00

:ps4: GreedFall $13.00

:ps4: Contra Rogue Cors $9.00

:ps4: Destiny 2 $1.96

:ps4: Battlefield V Deluxe Edition $5.00 

:ps4: Indivisible $5.00

:ps4: Ni No Kuni Remastered $13.00

:ps4: Samurai Showdown $5.00

:ps4: Monkey King: Hero is Back $5.00

:ps4: Titanfall 2 Nitro Scorch Pack $5.00

:ps4: Farpoint $3.00

:ps4: Yakuza 6 The Song of Life Essence of Art Collection $10.00

:ps4: Destiny 2 $1.96

:ps4: Darksiders III $5.00

:ps4: Mass Effect Adromeda $5.00

:wiiu: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker w/ Toad Amiibo $23.00

:wiiu: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild $32.84

:wiiu: Cars 3 Driven to Win $3.00

:3ds: Yokai Watch 2 Fleshy Souls $10.00

:3ds: Code Name S.T.E.A.M. $3.00 

@kyoya,

Those are impressive. Sadly none of those are on sale here, but hoping that with the introduction of the new next-gen consoles, they will be soon.

YMMV, but here is what I saw in two different local B&M Wal-Mart locations:

:xb1: Madden 19 $5.00

:xb1: Battlefield 1 $5.00

:xb1: Wolfenstein II The New Colossus $5.00

:xb1: Rage 2 Deluxe Edition $5.00

:xb1: Fifa 18 $5.00

:xb1: Soul Calibur VI $5.00

:xb1: Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition $5.00

:xb1: Destiny 2 Forsaken Legendary Collection $3.00

:xb1: Apex Legends $13.88 (Rollback Price on the two different game covers)

:xb1: Agent of Mayem + Legal Action Pending DLC $2.50

:xb1: Metal Gear Survive $5.00

:xb1: Earthfall Deluxe Edition $10.00

:xb1: Dishonored Death of the Outsider $5.00

:xb1: Gears of War 4 $10.00

:xb1: Pixark $10.00

:ps4: Bloodstained Ritual of the Night $15.00

:ps4: GreedFall $13.00

:ps4: Contra Rogue Cors $9.00

:ps4: Destiny 2 $1.96

:ps4: Battlefield V Deluxe Edition $5.00

:ps4: Indivisible $5.00

:ps4: Ni No Kuni Remastered $13.00

:ps4: Samurai Showdown $5.00

:ps4: Monkey King: Hero is Back $5.00

:ps4: Titanfall 2 Nitro Scorch Pack $5.00

:ps4: Farpoint $3.00

:ps4: Yakuza 6 The Song of Life Essence of Art Collection $10.00

:ps4: Destiny 2 $1.96

:ps4: Darksiders III $5.00

:ps4: Mass Effect Adromeda $5.00

:wiiu: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker w/ Toad Amiibo $23.00

:wiiu: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild $32.84

:wiiu: Cars 3 Driven to Win $3.00

:3ds: Yokai Watch 2 Fleshy Souls $10.00

:3ds: Code Name S.T.E.A.M. $3.00
thanks for the list.

I came up mostly empty, though loads of destiny 2 at .03 so yay!!! Might finally be my chance to become el hoardo himself!!!

But there are a couple I might have in my area. And some maybe an hour away, overall not a lot, but much appreciated for the effort.

This morning my store had 75 percent off Easter candy. And still a very large selection too. Grabbed a few bags of Starburst jelly beans for like 60 cents each.

I was wrong. Destiny IS showing up as 3 cents, indivisible is $9, New Colossus is $19, Bloodstained for $19

Regular Monster Hunter is $15 on walmart.com

Shadow of War Definitive is $12 on walmart.com

Due to laziness, no pics. But after working my 8-5 wal mart greeter shift that really was 8-530, which gives one plenty of time to contemplate your life's decisions that brought you to being a wal mart greeter. aka all I do is literally count people on the ipad....I truly am contemplating my life's decisions up to this point...over the past couple of days I made my plan, and today raided the wal marts. despite objections from my feet and knees, i drove to 3 wal marts.

Found 20+ destiny 2 for 3 cents, gave one away to a guy who caught me being el hoardo. we had a good laugh at it being 3 cents.

10 zelda breathe of wild. 7 were for 25 dollars so even better!

4 bowser mario party 10 amibo bundles for 23

2 captain toad amibo bundles for 23

1 really beat u captain toad for 10

star craft on the pc for 1 dollar.

some wii u pro controllers for 5 dollars.

radiant historia perfect chronology for 15 dollars. even more amazing is brickseek showed this was out of stock but there it was, speaking to me, in plain view in open sight on the front shelf.

and a whole lot more goodness.

today I was el hoardo, and I had no shame. El Hoardo is telling me to tell you this is why we can't have nice things.

not all destiny 2 copies are 3 cents. the xbox ones didn't ring up 3 cents. sometimes they were a dollar, and other times a 1.96. the ps4 copies universally rang up 3 cents.

So do the PS4 Destiny 2 copies actually come with a PS+ sub? I would probably brave the coronavirus to get some and stock up on that service.

Looks like there are a couple Final Fight cabinets near me. Can these cabinets be modded?
They are 100% meant to be modded. You will probably end up spending around $80 extra to turn it into a complete arcade machine capable of playing all MAMEs.

Wii U pro controllers for $5? Damn, my store sold out of those two years ago.
yeah I have no idea wtf was with this one wal mart....it's like they unloaded a vault they had buried from yesteryear and slashed everything to 5 dollars or less. But in true wal mart fashion, it had nonsense mixed in there as well like that amazing clearance madden 19 at 20 dollars.

So my Walmart clearance a ton of stuff and i got Super Bomberman on Switch for $9.. game was stolen and it was still semi sealed like. The hell now i gotta try to convince them i didnt get it haha

So my Walmart clearance a ton of stuff and i got Super Bomberman on Switch for $9.. game was stolen and it was still semi sealed like. The hell now i gotta try to convince them i didnt get it haha
Reminds me of the gamecube launch, I picked my preorder and 3 games from gamestop or was it eb games then? Can't remember. Tony Hawk was not in the Tony Hawk case. Luckily this was back then when scamming wasn't rampant and they kind of knew me so they let me get a new one, but I can't even imagine it happening again today and doing it. That manager was cool as hell. Funny enough, I lost that game anyway but not the case lol.

But good luck, if your wal mart is like mine, they won't give a shit. It was funny, a customer got mad at me for checking his receipt, and so he after yelling at me, went to customer service, and in the back of my mind, all I could think was, "those clowns care even less than I do LMAO"

hot damn my closest walmart has them in stock for 3 cents. Gonna load up on those as then I can play the free plus games I have that I haven't finished.
I assume you can only do one 30-day trial per account, like how Game Pass restricts you. You can try to use the codes on different created accounts though.

I've heard that you just have to wait out one 30 day period before you can use another one. Can't confirm it though.

I did get seven of the games a few weeks ago when they were still $2.

I've heard that you just have to wait out one 30 day period before you can use another one. Can't confirm it though.

I did get seven of the games a few weeks ago when they were still $2.
Not sure if PS follows the same rules as Xbox, but I signed up for one trial for Game Pass like a year ago, and no trial code of any length works for me anymore. Would have to create a new account to use another trial code.

Reminds me of the gamecube launch, I picked my preorder and 3 games from gamestop or was it eb games then? Can't remember. Tony Hawk was not in the Tony Hawk case. Luckily this was back then when scamming wasn't rampant and they kind of knew me so they let me get a new one, but I can't even imagine it happening again today and doing it. That manager was cool as hell. Funny enough, I lost that game anyway but not the case lol.

But good luck, if your wal mart is like mine, they won't give a shit. It was funny, a customer got mad at me for checking his receipt, and so he after yelling at me, went to customer service, and in the back of my mind, all I could think was, "those clowns care even less than I do LMAO"
So i did manage to get a new game, they said since i didn't put up a fuss that i was most likely telling the truth. Whenever i first showed up though i had the lady ask me 'How do i even know there really was supposed to be a game in here? I mean it could be a digital code and there wasnt even supposed to be a cartridge in it.' Eventually they got a manager and she said just swap it.

The same thing happened to me when i found Dragon Quest V for 3DS in a bargain bin for $31. The case was semi opened though and when I walk away after paying had a sneaking suspicion that the game was missing because the case felt really light. I open the rest of the case and find the game missing. I went back to the register like not even 5 minutes later and they gave me a refund. I told them that a lot of the games in their bargain bin were opened. The next time I went there they completely got rid of the bargain games. And I've never seen any clearance games there since.

The same thing happened to me when i found Dragon Quest V for 3DS in a bargain bin for $31. The case was semi opened though and when I walk away after paying had a sneaking suspicion that the game was missing because the case felt really light. I open the rest of the case and find the game missing. I went back to the register like not even 5 minutes later and they gave me a refund. I told them that a lot of the games in their bargain bin were opened. The next time I went there they completely got rid of the bargain games. And I've never seen any clearance games there since.
Damn that sucks, but at least it worked. But extra sucky at no more clearance games!

So i did manage to get a new game, they said since i didn't put up a fuss that i was most likely telling the truth. Whenever i first showed up though i had the lady ask me 'How do i even know there really was supposed to be a game in here? I mean it could be a digital code and there wasnt even supposed to be a cartridge in it.' Eventually they got a manager and she said just swap it.
lmao, classic wal mart customer service there. I honestly don't know how wal mart stays in business sometimes. They have to be making massive profits to offset the losses and junk spending on dumb employees. The customer service is horrendous. As a door greeter, at least half of the customer comments are too me about how bad the service is here. I Don't know why they all gravitate towards me to tell me that, but they do. Well I have my theories, but yeah.

Speaking of dumb employees.....this literally happened. I had to go pee, I have been told if I cannot find another "asset protection associate" to cover me, to hand the occupancy counter to the cashier at the self checkout. So I did, she literally told me "I don't know how to work this". Wal mart could hire trained monkey's, feed them bananas, and save tons of money. It's astonishing the level of stupid. Heck, that'd be a waste of a perfectly good trained monkey.

Went to a store that supposedly had a couple copies of Fallout GOTY for $19, Ni no Kuni for $19, Indivisible for $9 and Bloodstained for $19. Only found Indivisible. They had some games just out in the open for people to grab so I wouldn't be surprised if they got stolen. Also grabbed a copy of Street Fighter 30th Anniversary for $20. Not a clearance price. But was looking for a copy for months now since I missed out on the Target clearance and just decided to bite the bullet. Btoh games rang to $32 total because of the 10.25% sales tax I got charged. Went to another store and picked up Ni no Kuni. They also had Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition for $15 but was OOS. Oh well.

Was surprised to find several PS4 games on clearance today.  I ended up getting  2 copies of Yakuza Kiwami 2 Steelbook Edition for $9 each.  Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition for $10.  Indivisible for $5.  Sims 4 Bundle for $10.

I was able to grab:
who wants to be a millionaire 2012 edition (360 - $3)
Mario Sports superstars (3ds - $15)
I saw strange brigade (x1 - $9.88) but opted to pass.

Picked up a copy of RiME for $9 today. Looks like the clearance once were marked down from the last time I looked at them...pre covid.

just got diablo 3 eternal collection on xbox one for $5 --- cashier error FTW.  to be fair it didn't say what the price was, she just came up with 5 on her own when it rang up full price even though it was in the clearance rack. 

Mario party super stars 3ds for, luigis mansio()non-nintendo select case version), pokemon sapphire 3ds, and kirby battle royale all for $10. Cashier was going to give them all for 5 despite the sticky saying 10, but since they were ringing up full price, to discount it that low, she needed the CSM, who naturally noticed the $10 tag.

nice haul of games today.

Went after work to pick up an Arcade1Up Pac-Man cabinet from a store near me that had a bunch of them for $50. Turns out some unemployed douche drove 4 hours up to my neck of the woods and bought all 7...

They still had a Final Fight cabinet, so I bought that and a riser for $100 total. Still wanted another to mod, so it wasn't a total bust.

bread's done
Back