Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Went after work to pick up an Arcade1Up Pac-Man cabinet from a store near me that had a bunch of them for $50. Turns out some unemployed douche drove 4 hours up to my neck of the woods and bought all 7...
If he's unemployed, how can he afford 7 of them at $350?

If he's working, how can he drive 4 hours one way on a Monday to buy these? Reselling clearance items doesn't count as employment.
You guys are surely judgemental. Many people are still not working due to COVID-19 as businesses are still closed. Even so, not everyone works every weekday or every Monday.

If the dude is a reseller, it's definitely a job as they make money (legally as well) and clearly can spend it.

But I understand being salty when you miss a deal when you (not you specifically) weren't quick enough to get it. Kid had 4 hours (assuming that isn't a lie) and still got it before OP.

You guys are surely judgemental. Many people are still not working due to COVID-19 as businesses are still closed. Even so, not everyone works every weekday or every Monday.
If the dude is a reseller, it's definitely a job as they make money (legally as well) and clearly can spend it.
But I understand being salty when you miss a deal when you (not you specifically) weren't quick enough to get it. Kid had 4 hours (assuming that isn't a lie) and still got it before OP.
Yeah he's just salty. I get it, it sucks especially if you wantes it to use and not resell but don't act like he's some jobless loser and that resellers arent earning real money with real work

I used to work for a company that paid me to do 'Retail Arbitrage'. I'd drive a Mercedes Sprinter around and spend (On average) between 4-6 hours at a time in a store and, assuming it was fruitful, anywhere between $2,500 - $5,000.

My personal record was at a Toys'R'Us; 9.5 hours (I was there from open to close basically) and spent just short of $22k.

We cleared 1.5m of profit in Q4 of 2012.

I had to quit though as my parents got ill and I had to take care of my younger siblings.

EDIT: Amazon FBA, btw.

There are resellers that make more than $100k a year. Look at all the ones on youtube. Definitely can be a legit job.
No reseller makes 100k on youtube just doing reselling. selling their courses, and etc? yes they make a pretty penny but nobody makes that much bank and has time to make youtube videos

No reseller makes 100k on youtube just doing reselling. selling their courses, and etc? yes they make a pretty penny but nobody makes that much bank and has time to make youtube videos
They make more than $100k in sales for sure, but what they don’t tell you is that this is a sales total and not their actual profit.

Thanks for the people that mentioned Yakuza 6 Art edition for $9 and Bloodstained for $19, my store had 1 of each left and I got both. Been wanting both so pretty excited.

And here I am, reselling for a living, making over 100k a year. But yeah, no one does it.

But as Ballz2daWalls says, that is my gross income, profit is of course less but that's par the course.

And here I am, reselling for a living, making over 100k a year. But yeah, no one does it.

But as Ballz2daWalls says, that is my gross income, profit is of course less but that's par the course.
I'm pretty sure I said no one on youtube makes over 100k a year, even gross is probably a stretch for most cases

I'm pretty sure I said no one on youtube makes over 100k a year, even gross is probably a stretch for most cases
You can assume that, but you'd be wrong. And a lot of sellers on Youtube are very transparent with what is net vs gross profit. You'd be surprised how people can make $100k - $1 million a year when you add in dropshipping, bulk orders via distributors, selling their own products, etc. It's hard work to do that and Youtube but not impossible and many people show that.

But yeah, never happens, can't believe it, too good to be true, etc. etc.

Part time picker and shed flips do. One just showed their last three months of sales and it was $32k and this is not the busy time of year. Yeah that is total sales but they most of the time sell $1-5 items for $20-$xx. One example is Shed flips is selling GM key fobs that he bought 100 of for $1.50 each for $67 shipped and he has sold three quarters of them so far. There has been sales in the 100s of dollars for $5 items they source at garage sales and estate sales. Their youtube channels bring in money as well from google and also more business to their ebay stores. They thank their viewers on camera for some of the sales almost everyday. Its not just games, they sell anything that is worth flipping and have thousands of items on sale on multiple ebay accounts.

These guys are medium size sellers, I follow others who have whole warehouses and employees as well.

jerkin-it-1.gif

Part of me hates you people always taking all the deals from the walmart picks. But, at the same time I get it I just hate driving to like 3 or 4 walmarts (all near by) to get one of an item I need and their all gone -.- Walmart really needs to up their inventory system. Wish that app that's on android would come to apple. I forget what its called but the one that gives you an employee view of the inventory it seemed to be a bit more accurate for the week i had an android phone.

Honestly though I'm surprised you make that much. Any idea what % comes from picking up deals from walmart and the like vs other sources?

Part of me hates you people always taking all the deals from the walmart picks. But, at the same time I get it I just hate driving to like 3 or 4 walmarts (all near by) to get one of an item I need and their all gone -.- Walmart really needs to up their inventory system. Wish that app that's on android would come to apple. I forget what its called but the one that gives you an employee view of the inventory it seemed to be a bit more accurate for the week i had an android phone.

Honestly though I'm surprised you make that much. Any idea what % comes from picking up deals from walmart and the like vs other sources?
I hate people who complain about not getting deals for products that have been in stores for years but complain that people "take" deals from them. I understand it's easier to blame others for you missing out though on a product that had been collecting dust.

Walmart is one of many stores I personally shop for items to resell, forgot about the distributors and warehouses I buy from. The items that I buy aren't what you're looking for either most likely and if you are, it's likely because you saw a deal for it and never thought about getting that item otherwise.

All resellers have different revenue streams and ways of making money though. No two people are alike.

I hate people who complain about not getting deals for products that have been in stores for years but complain that people "take" deals from them. I understand it's easier to blame others for you missing out though on a product that had been collecting dust.

Walmart is one of many stores I personally shop for items to resell, forgot about the distributors and warehouses I buy from. The items that I buy aren't what you're looking for either most likely and if you are, it's likely because you saw a deal for it and never thought about getting that item otherwise.

All resellers have different revenue streams and ways of making money though. No two people are alike.
I admire people that can hustle and do stuff like this for a living. Myself went the 9-5 route with an engineering degree and push numbers around excel and consider flipping and deals to be my "free" hobby. Growing up with 1x video game a year between all the brothers does that!

I would have picked up that $11 trash can, but the wife said "Copper? - stop wasting money!". Alas

I admire people that can hustle and do stuff like this for a living. Myself went the 9-5 route with an engineering degree and push numbers around excel and consider flipping and deals to be my "free" hobby. Growing up with 1x video game a year between all the brothers does that!

I would have picked up that $11 trash can, but the wife said "Copper? - stop wasting money!". Alas
Funny enough, I have a degree, multiple minors and was in my career field, but I enjoy the freedom and money from reselling so I stopped.

I agree with your wife too I wanted the bin but copper, no thanks.

nah i don't need the product that's why i leave it collecting dust. But, when brickseek or other "deal hunting" sites post it. I mean how can I turn down whatever say a vaccum for 80% off. You can almost always use a new vaccum unless you just recently bought one. I normally don't shop walmart otherwise. Really only thing I buy these days are vidya games and a few digital movie titles on here. I have enough crap I'm trying to get rid of.. Maybe not to the elon musk point where I'm selling everything. But, yeah... junk lol.

I just was salty about a dude who rented a uhaul and then went around and bought like 30-40 futons. I just can't imagine those are easy to move. I mean sure you'll sell a few locally but there's no way he'll move that much product for enough of a markup to make his money back from the uhaul will he? Just seems unreal people will pay that kind of mark up on a product that has been sitting in a walmart that long. But, I guess maybe diffrent shoppers at a fleamarket or whatever.

The small electronics that I can see. It's cheap to ship and easy to move the product I'd imagine. But, even then I dunno I don't take everything maybe that's wrong on my part? I just feel like I take what I need and share the rest? But, I'm also not trying to make a living at it usually just supplying myself or a couple friends with say a video game, headset, or whatever. Maybe I should give it a go next time and see how much I can move on ebay/amazon/FB marketpalce.

EDIT: I mean free money right? why not. Oh and yeah I figured most of your profit would come from the big warehouses like the distrubtors and amazon returns not the small walmart items. Is that wrong? Is there enough of a markup on the random walmart stuff like the blender you listed?

Also wanted to state when I said hate i mean it as more of a joke. I don't really give a shit lol just like you do you.

Also wanted to state when I said hate i mean it as more of a joke. I don't really give a shit lol just like you do you.
Oh yeah, I understand. People always get heated talking about resellers and for good reason, some are dicks but so can any other customer be.

I just feel no one is entitled to these items especially ones that aren't essential, have been in stores for years and something someone else managed to get quicker than others because they put the work to get it sooner. Meh, I just don't get the entitlement people get for such things.

But obviously the deals haven't been at that price for years, so I hate people that make irrelevant points to support their position.

The complaining does get old in the threads, but us old-timers here are not used to dealing with SD and flippers. It is frustrating that people buy up all of the stock just to re-sell. I've accepted that as the way things are now, and I think everyone has to. Things will never go back to the old days when just about everyone here was buying to enjoy and not flip. Fortunately I do not have to depend on that money, although it was fun if you could buy one extra to trade or buy. Sometimes people here would pass along one at cost to a fellow site member, but that stopped quickly when a few people got caught re-selling those at-cost transfers for a profit. I just don't understand how some of the people (mostly younger and often without jobs) will do these flips, and sometimes for just a dollar or two. But whatever.

Hoarding, flipping and reselling has been going on as long as I've been a member. When Circuit City even was around. I've been bitching and done accepted it 17 years now.

Most resellers here to be fair are honest, helpful and will do a lot for any respectful member. I have read threads where members have gone out of their way to help others find items they wanted at little or no extra cost quite a lot of the times. This gets glossed over A LOT when the bitching starts. Yeah it does suck when stock of something wipes out and a sole post goes up looking braggish but we've got a bunch of people here better than that. I even forget that.

Flipping at obscene prices sucks but we've seen karma bite back so deep breaths and if it was something big you missed, ask. We got good people still here

But obviously the deals haven't been at that price for years, so I hate people that make irrelevant points to support their position.
This entitlement is what I'm talking about. You had months to years to get these items regardless of the price. When the price drops, you still have the same means to get it but at the end of the day it's your fault for taking the risk of waiting for a deal to get an item.

Sure I'm a reseller and I of course don't mind people buying whatever they want with their own money and time, but even if I wasn't selling, I still wouldn't feel entitled to a deal just because.

But yeah, I remember the old times in here circa 2005 when deals were easier to obtain but I also remember people reselling, flipping and trading back then. Difference is people kept it on the low because of very vocal members who hated resellers. Not much has changed in that regard though.

I never notice much at mine but I grabbed the G1 Soundwave reissue for $13. I forgot to jot down the info but when I get a chance I will

YMMV, I have heard that Walmart is clearancing out all of it's remaining 3DS and 2DS consoles. Target has already stopped selling them, Amazon only seems to have refurbished models, and Best Buy doesn't seem to be selling them anymore either. At least not in stores. My day one Black 3DS broke, and I was looking for a replacement, and I've been having a hell of a time finding a new console. But, a Walmart deals Facebook group that I am in, says that they can be found on clearance in some stores. Unfortunately all of the stores near me don't have any left.

YMMV, I have heard that Walmart is clearancing out all of it's remaining 3DS and 2DS consoles. Target has already stopped selling them, Amazon only seems to have refurbished models, and Best Buy doesn't seem to be selling them anymore either. At least not in stores. My day one Black 3DS broke, and I was looking for a replacement, and I've been having a hell of a time finding a new console. But, a Walmart deals Facebook group that I am in, says that they can be found on clearance in some stores. Unfortunately all of the stores near me don't have any left.
Check Nintendo's online store, they usually have refurbished ones https://store.nintendo.com/nintendo-3ds-2ds/nintendo-3ds-systems.html

Their refurbished stuff seems to be in good shape from what I have read.

I'm not sure. The systems are still listed on the site. I didn't add to cart and proceed to check out to know for sure
They are all listed as sold out minus the one red regular 2ds. All you need is hover over them to see.

I should have just bit the bullet and bought one earlier last year since now they are all out of stock at target best buy and walmart in my area according to their inventory trackers and brick seek.

I thought I would get my boys a 3ds/2ds for xmas, and couldn't find a single store from any retailer brand new. I had to settle for used copies from gamestop and a local used game store.

I'm also regretting not getting the Snes 3ds when they were having sales on it for the 2018 Holliday season. They're just gone now...

They are all listed as sold out minus the one red regular 2ds. All you need is hover over them to see.

I should have just bit the bullet and bought one earlier last year since now they are all out of stock at target best buy and walmart in my area according to their inventory trackers and brick seek.
Thats unfortunate, I was hoping some hylian shield 2ds models would pop up their. I hope they get more

I thought I would get my boys a 3ds/2ds for xmas, and couldn't find a single store from any retailer brand new. I had to settle for used copies from gamestop and a local used game store.
I'm also regretting not getting the Snes 3ds when they were having sales on it for the 2018 Holliday season. They're just gone now...
Yeah I wanted one but just couldn't justify at the time, other expenses. But I loved the design

bread's done
Back