Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah my walmart removed all the price checkers about 2 years ago.  Now you have to download and use the app on the phone which is annoying.

Yeah my walmart removed all the price checkers about 2 years ago. Now you have to download and use the app on the phone which is annoying.
Why is it annoying? Everybody has a phone. Turn on the app and start scanning away. Beats carrying multiple items finding a scanner and then putting all back that you don't want. Scan on your phone right where the item is shelved.

Why is it annoying? Everybody has a phone. Turn on the app and start scanning away. Beats carrying multiple items finding a scanner and then putting all back that you don't want. Scan on your phone right where the item is shelved.
I know in my case, I've run into some weirdness where the phone shows 1 price, register shows another and the price scanner shows a 3rd! And usually the scanner is the cheaper of the 3. It's happened at least 3 times in the past 4 years.

Okay so not that it isn't the case that most people choose to have a smart phone these days but doesn't it concern you to be corralled down a path where you are being pushed into carrying a device that can be used by some inane party (like Big Brother) for unscrupulous purposes such as encroaching upon your privacy or lord forbid tracking your movements? This idea of privacy or freedoms potentially being surrendered in the name of convenience is something that all Americans should at least be thinking about instead of just accepting without serious thought. Anyway the store should have working price scanners distributed about. It's a standard practice. The answer shouldn't be "you should be carrying a smart phone anyway".

Was at Walmart trying to find a few things showing on clearance on Brickseek, but found these instead. Not really a Final Fantasy person, but I can't go wrong for $1.[attachment=34054:20200521_160218.jpg]

Okay so not that it isn't the case that most people choose to have a smart phone these days but doesn't it concern you to be corralled down a path where you are being pushed into carrying a device that can be used by some inane party (like Big Brother) for unscrupulous purposes such as encroaching upon your privacy or lord forbid tracking your movements? This idea of privacy or freedoms potentially being surrendered in the name of convenience is something that all Americans should at least be thinking about instead of just accepting without serious thought. Anyway the store should have working price scanners distributed about. It's a standard practice. The answer shouldn't be "you should be carrying a smart phone anyway".
I never said you "should" be carrying a smartphone, its just that is the reality with at least a majority of the people now.

Oh, and I don't wear a tin foil hat either.

I never said you "should" be carrying a smartphone, its just that is the reality with at least a majority of the people now.

Oh, and I don't wear a tin foil hat either.
When the response to there being no price scanners in the store is to say that everyone has a smart phone anyway and to get the app then you are making it the expectation for all and implying it.

Oh and if you don't think the government has the ability to use your smart phone for surveillance or tracking purposes, or that they would stop at using it for 'honest' purposes only, like battling COVID-19 (collecting data, anonymous or otherwise, about congregation and density of people in an area as it pertains to social distancing concerns), then you are living in your own rose-colored dream world.

After going to 3 walmarts that showed having octopath in stock.  I found octopath for $19.  One of the walmarts had it in stock but it was still full price.  Also walmart mustve clearanced out switch games in my area or something because everything is gone.

When the response to there being no price scanners in the store is to say that everyone has a smart phone anyway and to get the app then you are making it the expectation for all and implying it.

Oh and if you don't think the government has the ability to use your smart phone for surveillance or tracking purposes, or that they will stop at using it for only 'honest' purposes like battling COVID-19 (collecting data, anonymous or otherwise, about congregation and density of people in an area as it pertains to social distancing concerns) then you are living in your own dream world.
Oh, I know the government tracks us through the phone and even Alexa. I have talked about something and the next day, see ads on my Facebook about what I was talking about. It's just that I don't care or worry about that. If it bothers you so much, turn off the location and the microphone on your phone. I know the towers still ping where your phone is at all times though. I guess you can shut off the phone, but then what use is it?

I didn't say I didn't believe it or it doesn't happen. It just doesn't concern me in daily life. There isn't much you can do about Big Brother watching you.

After going to 3 walmarts that showed having octopath in stock. I found octopath for $19. One of the walmarts had it in stock but it was still full price. Also walmart mustve clearanced out switch games in my area or something because everything is gone.
What price on Octopath was brickseek showing in your area?

Oh and if you don't think the government has the ability to use your smart phone for surveillance or tracking purposes, or that they would stop at using it for 'honest' purposes only, like battling COVID-19 (collecting data, anonymous or otherwise, about congregation and density of people in an area as it pertains to social distancing concerns), then you are living in your own rose-colored dream world.
That horse is out of the barn. MP3s over CDs. Streaming over physical digital media.

In this country convenience will ALWAYS win out over quality or safety. ALWAYS.

Sometimes I wonder if some people just find any reason to get into an argument with people on here. The guy assumes everybody has a smartphone. Did that really need a 1 paragraph takedown? Read it, mentally disagree and move on.

The app frequently doesn't work, crashes or something else. You also have to connect to their wifi. I agree that price checkers were not perfect either though. Why they can't have both is silly as not everyone has a smart phone and wants to waste space for the app. Especially one so barely functioning.

I would be sick with Covid 19 while all of these super great deals on video games are happening. $1 PS4 games at Walmart, Starlink Ships showing up at Dollar Tree, along with Blu Ray boxsets of TV shows. This sucks.

Code:
Here is everything I found at Walmart for a good deal in the last 3 weeks. 
edit: went back and removed sales tax.

3DS	Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer	$3.00
3DS	Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Selects)	$11.00
3DS	Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past	$15.00
3DS	Ever Oasis	$15.00
3DS	Fantasy Life	$15.00
3DS	Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia	$15.00
3DS	Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright	$15.00
3DS	Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest	$19.00
3DS	Gravity Falls Legend of the Gnome Gemulets	$7.00
3DS	Kirby Battle Royale	$15.00
3DS	Kirby Planet Robobot	$17.25
3DS	Kirby Triple Deluxe (Selects)	$11.00
3DS	Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Selects)	$10.00
3DS	Luigi's Mansion	$15.00
3DS	Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions	$15.00
3DS	Mario Party Star Rush	$15.00
3DS	Mario Sports Superstars	$15.00
3DS	Metroid Samus Returns	$15.00
3DS	Miitopia	$15.00
3DS	Monster Hunter Stories	$15.00
3DS	New Nintendo 2DS XL case	$2.50
3DS	Pokemon Alpha Sapphire	$15.00
3DS	Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed	$11.00
3DS	Starfox 3D (Selects)	$13.00
3DS	WarioWare Gold	$15.00
MISC	Arcade1UP Galaga Machine	$50.00
PS3	FIFA 17 (torn plastic)	$9.00
PS3	Persona 5	$9.88
PS4	American Ninja Warrior Challenge	$15.00
PS4	Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deluxe Edition	$29.00
PS4	Battlezone VR	$5.00
PS4	Bravo team VR	$10.00
PS4	Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Ed	$20.00
PS4	Dead or Alive 6	$9.88
PS4	Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package	$15.00
PS4	Destiny The Collection	$9.00
PS4	Driveclub VR (torn plastic)	$5.00
PS4	Dynasty Warriors 9	$9.00
PS4	Elder Scrolls V Skyrim VR	$19.00
PS4	Jurassic World Evolution	$29.83
PS4	Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition	$29.83
PS4	Kingdom Hearts The Story So Far	$15.00
PS4	Kings Quest The Complete Collection (plastic torn, hole in art)	$9.00
PS4	Lords of the Fallen Limited Edition	$5.00
PS4	Minecraft Playstation 4 Edition	$19.98
PS4	Monster Jam Steel Titans	$20.00
PS4	MXGP 2	$7.00
PS4	Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom Premium Edition	$19.00
PS4	Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Remastered	$19.00
PS4	Pixark	$10.00
PS4	Portal Knights Gold Throne Edition	$10.00
PS4	Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun	$9.88
PS4	Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition	$29.00
PS4	Team Sonic Racing	$20.00
PS4	Titanfall 2 Deluxe Edition	$9.00
PS4	Transformers Devastation	$7.00
PS4	XCOM 2 Collection	$11.00
PS4	Yakuza 6 The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition	$9.00
PS4	Yakuza Kiwami 2 (steelbook)	$9.00
Switch	1-2 Switch	$29.00
Switch	Ark: Survival Evolved	$19.00
Switch	Bayonetta 2	$39.00
Switch	Cave Story+	$7.00
Switch	Dead Cells	$19.00
Switch	Mega Man Legacy Collection 1+ 2	$19.00
Switch	Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate	$19.00
Switch	Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (torn plastic)	$19.00
Switch	Super Bomberman R	$9.00
Switch	Super Mario Odyssey (Starter Pack)	$49.94
Switch	Tiny Troopers Joint Ops XL	$9.00
Switch	Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers	$25.00
Switch	Wolfenstein II: the New Colossus	$19.00
Switch	Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country	$25.00
Wii	Just Dance 2019	$11.00
WiiU	Captain Toad Treasure Tracker with amiibo (box is beatup)	$15.00
WiiU	Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker	$15.00
WiiU	Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Selects)	$11.00
WiiU	Hyrule Warriors	$3.00
WiiU	Just Dance 2018	$10.00
WiiU	Just Dance Disney Party 2	$7.00
WiiU	Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild	$32.84
WiiU	Legend of Zelda Windwaker HD (Selects)	$11.00
WiiU	Paper Mario Color Splash	$15.00
WiiU	Pokken Tournament	$15.00
WiiU	Steamworld Collection	$11.00
WiiU	Super Smash Bros for WiiU	$15.00
WiiU	Xenoblade Chronicles X	$11.00
XBOX 360	Fable Anniversary	$16.88
XBOX 360	FIFA 17	$5.00
XBOX 360	Sims 3, The (Platinum Hits)	$12.88
XBOX One	Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deluxe Edition	$20.00
XBOX One	Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Ed	$20.00
XBOX One	Cars 3 Driven to Win	$9.00
XBOX One	Dead or Alive 6	$9.88
XBOX One	Disneyland Adventures	$10.00
XBOX One	Jurassic World Evolution	$29.83
XBOX One	Killer Instinct Definitive Edition	$31.00
XBOX One	Lego DC Super Villains	$10.00
XBOX One	Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 Deluxe Edition	$20.00
XBOX One	Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite	$19.93
XBOX One	Minecraft Season 2 Story Mode	$15.00
XBOX One	Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition	$29.00
XBOX One	Mx vs ATV ALL Out	$10.00
XBOX One	Resident Evil 7 biohazard Gold Edition	$19.00
XBOX One	Rush A Disney/Pixar Adventure	$15.00
XBOX One	Titanfall 2 Deluxe	$7.00
XBOX One	WWE 2K18 Deluxe	$9.00

The app frequently doesn't work, crashes or something else. You also have to connect to their wifi. I agree that price checkers were not perfect either though. Why they can't have both is silly as not everyone has a smart phone and wants to waste space for the app. Especially one so barely functioning.
I use the app constantly for checking prices. It is sometimes a little slow on my phone,but it never crashes or "doesn't work". And why wouldn't you connect to their wifi?

Reduced price as in marked "as-is" or just regular clearance? Only asking because those prices reflected marked as is prices for Walmart.
I am not sure what you're asking me. These are the prices I paid. Some had clearance stickers on them. Some had shelf tags that reflected a much higher price than they rang up. Some were just stuffed in the bottom of the cases and had no prices on them. Some were this price at one store but not another. Some may be regular every day prices, like the PS4 Minecraft, but they are still good deals compared to Ebay prices.

I am not sure what you're asking me. These are the prices I paid. Some had clearance stickers on them. Some had shelf tags that reflected a much higher price than they rang up. Some were just stuffed in the bottom of the cases and had no prices on them. Some were this price at one store but not another. Some may be regular every day prices, like the PS4 Minecraft, but they are still good deals compared to Ebay prices.
Walmart has two types of clearance, standard nationwide and store specific. Standard clearance prices have a tag that looks like image 1. These clearance prices end in $.00. Reduced to clear / as is clearance is store specific and will not be found at other stores. Those clearance prices will end in anything but $.00. They will also have a different type of sticker (with an X cut out in the middle and another barcode covering the UPC).

It helps to know whether it is reduced to clear or standard clearance as you will not find RTC prices at any store but where you bought it from.

From the sound of it it may actually be a standard clearance despite the irregular pricing. Might have been a store whose manager manually marked those items down instead of waiting for corporate to mark it down automatically.

Image 1

nuwave-price-tag-1540140591.jpg

The prices look a little odd because I forgot to say they included either 6.5% or 7% sales tax. I dont recall any of them having the rectangular sticker shown, on them, but the vast majority had no sticker and some had the small square sticker like in the post a few above mine Some, for instance the Yakuza Steelbook, were $9 at multiple stores. Most showed up as Limited stock or Out of stock on brickseek, but the prices on there were almost always right. Basically I went to 7 different Walmarts in two counties and scanned or looked up the price on brickseek of every WiiU, 3DS, older Switch game, and PS4 or XBOX game that was on the bottom shelf or shoved in the bottom of the case.

edit: went back above and took sales tax out.

Walmart has two types of clearance, standard nationwide and store specific. Standard clearance prices have a tag that looks like image 1. These clearance prices end in $.00. Reduced to clear / as is clearance is store specific and will not be found at other stores. Those clearance prices will end in anything but $.00. They will also have a different type of sticker (with an X cut out in the middle and another barcode covering the UPC).

It helps to know whether it is reduced to clear or standard clearance as you will not find RTC prices at any store but where you bought it from.

From the sound of it it may actually be a standard clearance despite the irregular pricing. Might have been a store whose manager manually marked those items down instead of waiting for corporate to mark it down automatically.

Image 1

nuwave-price-tag-1540140591.jpg

One store within 50 miles (out of a dozen+ or so) shows Diablo III (QTY 2-3) for the switch at $5 on brickseek. What are the odds that it's actually that price (and/or still in stock)?

Yeah...thought so.

I've been looking for a good deal on a 3DS XL for a while now, but this price is pretty good so I'll probably bite. Does the 2DS play 3DS games?
Yes, it will play all 3ds games and the games that you can only play on the New 3ds (like Xenoblade chronicles). The only missing feature is 3d functionality. At least that is what I think is true

The prices look a little odd because I forgot to say they included either 6.5% or 7% sales tax. I dont recall any of them having the rectangular sticker shown, on them, but the vast majority had no sticker and some had the small square sticker like in the post a few above mine Some, for instance the Yakuza Steelbook, were $9 at multiple stores. Most showed up as Limited stock or Out of stock on brickseek, but the prices on there were almost always right. Basically I went to 7 different Walmarts in two counties and scanned or looked up the price on brickseek of every WiiU, 3DS, older Switch game, and PS4 or XBOX game that was on the bottom shelf or shoved in the bottom of the case.

edit: went back above and took sales tax out.
Oh ok, no worries. It was the sales tax added that threw it off for me. Nice score!

Figured screw it and bought one of the 2DS XLs. I recently sold my old N3DS that I hadn't played in years so maybe this will get me back into it. Pretty nice deal!

One store within 50 miles (out of a dozen+ or so) shows Diablo III (QTY 2-3) for the switch at $5 on brickseek. What are the odds that it's actually that price (and/or still in stock)?

Yeah...thought so.
If Brickseek says it, then 100% it will be that price. If it is in-stock...eeeeeehhhhhhh

I've scoured too many Walmarts for $.03 and $3 games in the past 3 years to be confident that Brickseek is gospel on price unless it doesn't show up in their inventory. In that case, it eventually will if you have them put it back in inventory.

If Brickseek says it, then 100% it will be that price. If it is in-stock...eeeeeehhhhhhh

I've scoured too many Walmarts for $.03 and $3 games in the past 3 years to be confident that Brickseek is gospel on price unless it doesn't show up in their inventory. In that case, it eventually will if you have them put it back in inventory.
How does that work? I have a Walmart that has games that brickseek shows out of stock at the old retail price when everyone else has cleared it out at the lower price. I would love to get some at the lower price and just keep waiting but it never drops below retail.

How does that work? I have a Walmart that has games that brickseek shows out of stock at the old retail price when everyone else has cleared it out at the lower price. I would love to get some at the lower price and just keep waiting but it never drops below retail.
Though Walmart clearance is nationwide, that doesn't mean all stores will ever mark down an item. So if it's been that price for a while at a store, it will likely stay that price especially if their inventory is off and showing its OOS when it isn't.

After debating it internally, I don't think I want to drive to Napa anytime soon. So if anyone is out that way, the Walmart shows 2-3 copies of Diablo III Switch for $5 (via Brickseek). Happy hunting.

After debating it internally, I don't think I want to drive to Napa anytime soon. So if anyone is out that way, the Walmart shows 2-3 copies of Diablo III Switch for $5 (via Brickseek). Happy hunting.
In my personal experience, you shouldn't trust Brickseek if it reports a range of stock for the item you want. Anytime I've checked a store saying they have 2-3 or 1-5 in stock or anything like that, I have never found what I wanted. It's more reliable if they actually say they have just 3 in stock or some other number. I'm sure the price is accurate but I think you'll be better off at home.

In my personal experience, you shouldn't trust Brickseek if it reports a range of stock for the item you want. Anytime I've checked a store saying they have 2-3 or 1-5 in stock or anything like that, I have never found what I wanted. It's more reliable if they actually say they have just 3 in stock or some other number. I'm sure the price is accurate but I think you'll be better off at home.

Definitely dont trust brickseek.
My store showed none in stock on BC, but
Diablo is $49 at my store.

Ymmv, but just got dragon quest builders 2 switch for $30.

I think it can go both ways, and it matters how well run the Walmart/Target is. Theres a Walmart near me in the middle nowhere, and it's probably the nicest retail store I've ever been into. The times I've gone I've seen all the games that said 1-2(or w/e else) that I wanted. I've even seen quite a few games there that showed 0 in stock, but had 2 or even more copies of it.

I've almost never found anything listed as in stock from brick seek.  Even when they list hundreds of the item.  If anything if it says its not in stock it's more often than not is.  Like They listed ocarina of time and link between worlds as out of stock at target but both were when I went there.  All of the games listed as out of stock were there besides devil survivor or whatever those 2 games are called back during the 4$ sale last year I think it was. Snagged oot, smt4, smt4 a, luigi's mansion and a bunch of other games.

To be fairrrr ... I did just grab one of those $99 2DS XLs from Walmart using Brickseek yesterday, so it’s still accurate in some cases. I think you have to assume that when it lists 6+ of an item, you have a good shot of finding it, but anything with limited availability or lower than 6 is going to be a crap shoot. A lot of stuff also gets stolen and I don’t think their system has any way to account for that.

I think it can go both ways, and it matters how well run the Walmart/Target is. Theres a Walmart near me in the middle nowhere, and it's probably the nicest retail store I've ever been into. The times I've gone I've seen all the games that said 1-2(or w/e else) that I wanted. I've even seen quite a few games there that showed 0 in stock, but had 2 or even more copies of it.
That's true, but for once i found something lol at walmart. I was shopping at gamestop and walmart was close by. Was looking for Diablo, but saw the $30 price tag for Dragon Quest builders 2. Sadly, it was the last copy.

Yes, it will play all 3ds games and the games that you can only play on the New 3ds (like Xenoblade chronicles). The only missing feature is 3d functionality. At least that is what I think is true
That and the rechargeable battery on the 2DS XL is not easily replaceable (unlike the New 3DS XL). It requires prying the unit open and being careful not to damage anything during the process. It uses the same battery (part# CTR-003 if I recall correctly) as the original 2DS in case anyone was wondering. It is notably lighter and more ergonomic then the New 3DS XL though. I've used both and if you don't care about the 3D screen then it's definitely the better way to go imo. The Walmart deal was a good deal but for anyone who may have missed out a refurbished unit direct from Nintendo (once they resume operations from shutting down due to COVID-19) is the next best thing. I got a refurb New 3DS XL from them a few years ago and it was indistinguishable from new.

I must not understand BS. I never seem to find anything on there. Every deal I find at Walmart is from walking by and spotting clearance tags. I don't find much though...

bread's done
Back