Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I must not understand BS. I never seem to find anything on there. Every deal I find at Walmart is from walking by and spotting clearance tags. I don't find much though...
You understand BS just fine. The problem is that a lot of other people do as well and monitor prices with more frequency so that when prices do drop they are fast to act and get the deals . Too many people know about brickseek now and it makes deals even more competitive

I must not understand BS. I never seem to find anything on there. Every deal I find at Walmart is from walking by and spotting clearance tags. I don't find much though...

You understand BS just fine. The problem is that a lot of other people do as well and monitor prices with more frequency so that when prices do drop they are fast to act and get the deals . Too many people know about brickseek now and it makes deals even more competitive
The other issue is brickseek is sort of “pay to win”, in the sense that you can pay monthly to get alerts on deals instead of having to search manually for them and hope to find something before it’s too late.

yes it is, there is a premium tier of brickseek that shows markdowns near you, and new markdowns every day, things that are not available to everyone else without alot more work.
yep. There's a few users on here that did free trials or paid for it and used to post deals regularly. Jurai was one of them for the target thread iirc.

If anyone is interested in Wrath of the White Which, it's $19 in some Wal-Mart's.
Welp, if only I saw this yesterday lol. Was right next to a walmart with some in stock today, but ended up getting it as part of the B2G1 at GS for around $22. For $19, that's a great deal.

Got a notification yesterday that a local walmart received 7 of those $99 2DS XL with Mario Kart 7 installed on them. Went today and had the hardest time getting just 1! Went with my GF and we didn't see them on the floor. Asked an electronics employee that gave me some BS about how they haven't had DS systems for months. That their inventory numbers were wrong, she didn't want to check last received dates or physically look in the back. Well i knew they had them because both brickseek and the walmart website said they had them, + there counts just changed from having 0 too having 7. I had to get a manager involved and got him to check the back. What do you know! He found 5 back there, says they came in today. (Which was a lie because the inventory change was yesterday) Anyways I ask to buy 2 so me and my GF can each have one. The manager flat out denies us and only lets me buy 1. Tells me i should come back tomorrow if i really want 2. I swear Walmart sucks ass

You know the manager and employees wanted to buy the rest. That's why he denied you. I have seen that a million times. I just chalk it up to being one of the perks of working at shittyass Walmart.

You know the manager and employees wanted to buy the rest. That's why he denied you. I have seen that a million times. I just chalk it up to being one of the perks of working at shittyass Walmart.
Luckily a 2nd Walmart received some as well and I was able to get another for my GF. But yes i also thought they were saving them for themselves

Got a notification yesterday that a local walmart received 7 of those $99 2DS XL with Mario Kart 7 installed on them. Went today and had the hardest time getting just 1! Went with my GF and we didn't see them on the floor. Asked an electronics employee that gave me some BS about how they haven't had DS systems for months. That their inventory numbers were wrong, she didn't want to check last received dates or physically look in the back. Well i knew they had them because both brickseek and the walmart website said they had them, + there counts just changed from having 0 too having 7. I had to get a manager involved and got him to check the back. What do you know! He found 5 back there, says they came in today. (Which was a lie because the inventory change was yesterday) Anyways I ask to buy 2 so me and my GF can each have one. The manager flat out denies us and only lets me buy 1. Tells me i should come back tomorrow if i really want 2. I swear Walmart sucks ass
Online order for store pickup not work?

I guess the New 2ds came back in stock, but is now out again. Any way to get an alert if/when it does come back in stock? It says it's available in store at the walmart next to me, but it's such a nasty dirty place that I avoid even under normal circumstances.

Supposedly the New 2DS XL I ordered from the website with store delivery is waiting at my store.  Going to go pick it up after work.  I have a New 3DS XL I use, so this is mainly as a backup or if I decide to look into modding.

That $99 2DS is in stock at every Walmart around me after being OOS. Wonder where all the new stock came from? I didn't think Nintendo was still making these.

Man, the 2DS's are impossible to find. Went to three different walmarts, all who said on the actual website they had 3+, and was told at all three of them "No, not on the shelf means we don't have them". Hopefully they come back in stock online.

Some people on slick deals were told to come back tomorrow. So, I am guessing that the 27th is the official day that they are on store shelves again.

Luckily a 2nd Walmart received some as well and I was able to get another for my GF. But yes i also thought they were saving them for themselves
I worked at an electronics store for a year when Wii was at it's peak and this definitely happened. Sometimes if the store only got in a couple of the item, employees would hide them around the store and then buy them at the end of their shift. Not all supervisors would just let things sit in the back so if it made it to the floor, all you had to do was get the item and either put a note on it or hide it. I remember one of my supervisors hid a last copy of Baiten Katos in an overhead bin that was supposed to be full of broken items or things used to display stuff. He was waiting for corporate to lower the price on the game and then he would buy it. He'd worked there for years and if corporate saw 1 item left in stock at the store long enough, they would lower the price to get rid of it. He was honest enough not to just steal it but dishonest enough to make sure no one else could buy it.

At least you were able to buy one 2DS. That's better tthan many here. I've been to Wal-Mart many times looking for these deals and most of the time, I get employees that either couldn't care less or I had a suspicion they were going to get it for themselves. Yes, it can be considered a perk for working there. Since I worked during the Wii domination, many times when Wii's came in, employees would set aside ones they wanted to buy. Most supervisors would only let you buy one of them but it did happen.

Some people on slick deals were told to come back tomorrow. So, I am guessing that the 27th is the official day that they are on store shelves again.
Welp, going to walmart first thing in the morning on a Wednesday is the last thing I wanted to do, but sounds like it must be done lol. Thanks for the heads up.

The first store I went to the lady was at least nice enough to pull up the inventory log, and said they received two of them on Thursday, but said they were gone by now. Hopefully they were just hiding in the back.

My day one 3DS broke right before my Birthday, and I couldn't find any of these so I ended up buying a Switch Lite, but honestly, I kind of like the 3DS family of consoles better. Especially since it can also play all of my DS games.

My day one 3DS broke right before my Birthday, and I couldn't find any of these so I ended up buying a Switch Lite, but honestly, I kind of like the 3DS family of consoles better. Especially since it can also play all of my DS games.
In terms of catalog of games, you really can't beat the 3ds library. You can play all DS and 3ds games, two animal crossing games, multiple Mario games, two Mario karts, some metroids, Zelda's. Not mention the incredible amount of Pokemon games. That is barely scratching the surface. And the games are pretty cheap right now for the most part. Some rare ds games have shot up in value but those would be similar in price to a new switch game anyways. Plus the 3ds folds on itself so it is its own protection. Switch lite can't do that

In terms of catalog of games, you really can't beat the 3ds library. You can play all DS and 3ds games, two animal crossing games, multiple Mario games, two Mario karts, some metroids, Zelda's. Not mention the incredible amount of Pokemon games. That is barely scratching the surface. And the games are pretty cheap right now for the most part. Some rare ds games have shot up in value but those would be similar in price to a new switch game anyways. Plus the 3ds folds on itself so it is its own protection. Switch lite can't do that
yeah I really don't get why they didn't have some sort of fold over screen protector for the switch when it's obvious it needs it.

I do have to point out that most of the 3ds cut into their own top screens because of being poorly designed. Not sure if that problem was ever fixed. So in its particular case it was its own protection damaging it.

My kids have been beating their 2DS XLs into a pulp (I use it to get them out of my hair for important meetings) and the plastic build quality is really sub-par compared to the 3DS. The looseness and the durability seem to make a case / protector seem necessary. I guess it didn't help I bought used special editions from Gamestop. Unfortunately when you do put a case on, it doesn't fit the convenient charging dock. 

That said $99 for a new 2DS XL isn't bad (no clue on the flip potential), but the included game doesn't really add any value for those that have some spare time and a 128GB microsd card to load the entire library   :razz:

Yup. "Come back tomorrow, once the 2DS has mysteriously sold out." What a crock.

On a positive note, I spotted the Switch version of Layton's Mystery Journey on clearance for $25. This was out in Columbus, IN and doesn't appear to be chainwide, but it could be worth double-checking your neck of the woods. SKU is 574046445.

All the Walmart’s around me also show those 2DS units back in stock (in store). 2-3 at most stores, with some showing 6+. Tempted to grab one for a backup to my ALBW 3DS XL.

Found 2 at a local store.  Dipshit working electronics refused to go in the back to get it. Had to go get the manager to get them. 

Can’t imagine employing a person to sell product in my store and said person refuses to sell product. It’s fucking baffling. 

Seen a bunch of 2ds xls stocked behind the glass

I passed tho, I just bought a like new used condition pikachu new 3d xl a week and a half ago.

Great price tho + Mario kart

Cant find the 2DS xl listing on WM website at all but brickseek says ones near me have 6+. I would feel more confident having them check if their site said it was in stock locally, does anyone have a link to it on the WM site or is it gone from there? I can only find third party sellers

Cant find the 2DS xl listing on WM website at all but brickseek says ones near me have 6+. I would feel more confident having them check if their site said it was in stock locally, does anyone have a link to it on the WM site or is it gone from there? I can only find third party sellers
https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Nintendo-2DS-XL-System-w-Mario-Kart-7-Pre-installed-Black-Turquoise/652383534?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_znwRhUW2SxyOT7OwUx0Mo3cjUki1gf0xQx5m2Y0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_10451&clickid=znwRhUW2SxyOT7OwUx0Mo3cjUki1gf0xQx5m2Y0&sharedid=

My walmart had 4 of them in stock. Pretty happy as I still had a launch era 3DS (bought right when they did the initial price cut) and it was really starting to show its age. Figured this is probably one of the last opportunities to get a brand new one at a reasonable price so I had to go for it.

Has anyone seen any deals on laptops lately? Something around 200-250 range for casual web surfing. I came across a decent HP that dropped and shows stores have them but no one could find them (shocking).

Has anyone seen any deals on laptops lately? Something around 200-250 range for casual web surfing. I came across a decent HP that dropped and shows stores have them but no one could find them (shocking).
I don't have any deals on them for Walmart but you should check BJ's as they typically have them on sale on their website and usually have coupons too.

Thanks, was able to grab one through the ap for store pick up at my local Walmart.

Besides playing Kid Icarus with this 2DS XL for the extra added C-Stick control & playing Super Smash Bros on it to make it easier to grab opponents, what other 3DS games does the C-Stick add a big advantage to the controls??

I know there were only a handful of games that it actually makes a really huge difference, but I forget the other games were it helps out a lot with the controls...[attachment=34082:A270C063-1E82-4E7D-AF71-3A2FDA19E22D.jpeg]

Thanks, was able to grab one through the ap for store pick up at my local Walmart.
Besides playing Kid Icarus with this 2DS XL for the extra added C-Stick control & playing Super Smash Bros on it to make it easier to grab opponents, what other 3DS games does the C-Stick add a big advantage to the controls??
I know there were only a handful of games that it actually makes a really huge difference, but I forget the other games were it helps out a lot with the controls... A270C063-1E82-4E7D-AF71-3A2FDA19E22D.jpeg
I think monster hunter and metal gear use it

bread's done
Back