Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Deal is probably dead for a while. Shows $129 now and all stores in my area that showed they had stock on BS (only 2 or 3 had them in the first place) now show as Limited Stock.

Wonder if "their inventory finally updated", or if someone who was more serious about getting one pressured the idiots to check in the back. I managed to get one online for delivery a few days ago luckily.

I think monster hunter and metal gear use it
Yep, Monster Hunter in particular is really annoying without it. There was actually a decent amount of games that used it but hilariously enough a lot of games where it made a big difference ended up getting ported to systems with 2 sticks anyway. KH3D, MH Generations, RE Revelations, even Xenoblade now.

Thanks, was able to grab one through the ap for store pick up at my local Walmart.

Besides playing Kid Icarus with this 2DS XL for the extra added C-Stick control & playing Super Smash Bros on it to make it easier to grab opponents, what other 3DS games does the C-Stick add a big advantage to the controls??

I know there were only a handful of games that it actually makes a really huge difference, but I forget the other games were it helps out a lot with the controls...
attachicon.gif
A270C063-1E82-4E7D-AF71-3A2FDA19E22D.jpeg
Obviously Majora's Mask does for better camera control since it launched with the New 3DS. There's also a wiki article here that mentions some games, though it's a resource about games exclusive to the 'New' hardware and not specifically about the C-stick.

Seen a bunch of 2ds xls stocked behind the glass

I passed tho, I just bought a like new used condition pikachu new 3d xl a week and a half ago.

Great price tho + Mario kart
Any other stores out there have no systems at all behind glass right now? Went to the store the next town over because Brickseek said they had some 2DS XLs but there was nothing but a single Genesis Mini. Wondering if they moved everything due to COVID or they really did sell out of all their systems somehow.

Any other stores out there have no systems at all behind glass right now? Went to the store the next town over because Brickseek said they had some 2DS XLs but there was nothing but a single Genesis Mini. Wondering if they moved everything due to COVID or they really did sell out of all their systems somehow.
That's how mine has been since this covid outbreak started. Got my switch lite right before switches were selling out everywhere and it was in the cages behind the cash registers in electronics.

You know that stimulus money to pay for rent? Yeah most people have been buying tvs bikes and game consoles with it. Mixed with all our manufacturing being used China creates a shortage.

Lessons?

Stimulus was Bs and we need to stop manufacturing literally everything in China or at least not video games

It felt strange getting that stimulus money while I've been working during this whole pandemic.  So it was a bonus.  I wish instead they done it as an unemployment type system... either propping up the states or offering it as a separate federal unemployment.  But, can't change what happened. I did make two extra large payments on my son's car to get it close to being paid off... also bought an ipad during the sale through Best Buy, the new 2ds xl from Walmart (thanks to this thread), a few games and other items from amazon.  My mortgage is paid through a separate account.

I thought the stimulus (EIP) money was designed to prop up consumer spending. Which is why they are now sending it out on visa debit cards (for those without bank accounts).

I've been using my stimulus money for food and medicine while I battle Covid 19. I used my birthday money for my Switch Lite.

Found one of the 2DS XL's, my Walmart had several. Gonna keep it as a spare, or transition all my stuff over to it and mod my 3DS. Dunno. I usually don't buy extra stuff like this, but with them no longer in production, I might as well. I guess I need to track down that Xenoblade game now.

The check was less than I take home each week, so I didn't even notice that it got deposited until a few weeks later. Just sitting in the bank until things open up again and I can spend it on a trip.

Thanks for the free money, Trump. Give us more.

It felt strange getting that stimulus money while I've been working during this whole pandemic. So it was a bonus. I wish instead they done it as an unemployment type system... either propping up the states or offering it as a separate federal unemployment. But, can't change what happened. I did make two extra large payments on my son's car to get it close to being paid off... also bought an ipad during the sale through Best Buy, the new 2ds xl from Walmart (thanks to this thread), a few games and other items from amazon. My mortgage is paid through a separate account.
I think the federal government is paying an additional $600 unemployment benefit on top of the normal state unemployment amount. That is why a lot of people are actually being paid more while unemployed now when they were actually working.

Tales from the Borderlands was $5 in the clearance bin at my local Walmart. I already had a copy but nice to see.

With 3 kids now, I don't post nearly as often as I did 5'ish years ago.

That said, I just saw this post, followed the link above, and walmart.com showed 5 in stock!  Just ordered one successfully!

Thanks everyone!

i found 3 of the 2ds XLs at my local walmart, just sitting in one of the glass cases beside the sega genesis mini. even marked $99, i bought 2, been out of the ds loop since probably dsi so i have some games to catch up on.

Got my 2DS in the mail. Didnt come with any padding or anything, just the box bouncing around lol.

Seems like a great device. Stocked up like 50 cheap 3DS/DS games from GS to play. Almost seems like its higher quality device and features wise than my switch lite. Probably the best color combination too.

2 more Walmarts in my area just received stock of the 2DS systems. Looks like all stores are receiving between 3-7 systems

Just wanted to thank ThatOneGuyWho for originally posting about the $100 2DS XLs and to everyone else who shared information about the performance of the system with regards to the 3DS games and compatibility and all the other relevant data that was posted here. Was just able to successfully place an order for pickup for tomorrow at the WM near my job. I might have to work tomorrow, but at least I’ll have a new toy to play with! [emoji4]

Echoing what trchavez416 said, thanks to ThatOneGuyWho and everyone for posting the 2DS XL deal and helpful info! I was able to successfully order one at a WM that's close to home for pickup tomorrow. It was the only store nearby that had any left in stock, 5 before I ordered 1.

Still looking for a 17 inch laptop to be marked down.
I still have a 17” MacBook Pro from 2011 that I need to put an SSD and upgraded RAM into, but I know that model had lots of problems with its video card/logic board so I don’t want to waste money fixing up a machine that will ultimately fail in six months. Im also looking for a super cheap laptop, but not a Chromebook or anything with a minuscule SSD inside. More hoping for an older model that still has a regular spinning disk hard drive and removable memory chips so I can swap those out.

Well also on the topic of 3DS related things, looks like my walmart is really trying to get rid of all 3DS games. With the exception of Bowser's Inside Story every 3DS game my store has in stock is at some sort of discount. Some I know I've seen posted before like $15 Miitopia and Bravely Second but what caught my attention was $11 Samus Returns (421998213) and $11 M&L: Superstar Saga (56031093).

Both were news to me and recent price drops as my store just rearranged everything last week and put new price stickers up but both of those games show as $15 on the sticker. Wasn't until I was just browsing brickseek when I realized apparently they dropped even more since the new stickers went up.

Glad you guys are getting these 2DS XL's. Still have no idea why or how Walmart is getting all this inventory but nice to see it. I could have sworn that 2DS XL's were discontinued but who knows now. Either way, congrats to those that got it and good luck to those trying.

Been looking for any decent marked down laptop for ages as well. Seems like they never have any of the ones posted here in stock, even when there are 3-4 listed.
I try to check Slickdeals but every time I look, there's not really any 17 inch laptops that stand out as a good deal.

To upgrade my Synology storage in my Xpenology on metal NAS, try harder buddy

edit: and the 4TB went to the free Xbone X I got in the Gamestop glitch that you fuckheads wouldn't share with the forum

keyboard guy is why i stopped sharing deals on this turd of a thread
I am jealous of that Portal gun... I missed out on every version of those.

That's a great deal on the 2DS XLs.  I will warn you guys with multiple kids - if you have multiple 2DS and multiple kids, it's WELL worth the money to get them modded, particularly with Micro SD cards as cheap as they are.

Since they are 34% off right now, just imagine if the 2DS XLs lasted till the next clearance drop. They could be $75 or lower. But they most likely will sell out now at $99.

Placed an order for a 2DSXL last night/early am, and I woke up to a cancellation e-mail. :(
Looks like I was a victim of this, as well. Just got a text and a notification from the Walmart app that my order was canceled due to the item I question being out of stock. And I had to leave work early due our proximity to the protests in the Hollywood area, though I guess that one is more a positive than a negative.

Well $99.99 is MSRP now according to Nintendo so who knows. https://www.nintendo.com/3ds/buynow/
I guess Walmart is the only place to get them according to Nintendo's website (only promotional partner link anyway).

All others sellers are selling at scalpers prices.

FYI if anyone is looking for them near ATL I will be cancelling two at the Barrett Parkway Kennesaw GA store.

Had three on order and the first I picked up had adequate color temperature uniformity between top and bottom screen, so I'm good.

Good example of why you should always order online to ship if possible instead of direct pickup (not including ship to store) because of many stores having completely fucked up inventory

bread's done
Back