Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Far more likely that you're using the "I'm giving it to people as gifts" excuse to deny that you're buying multiple copies of a clearance item to resell. This is why almost everyone buys multiples of an item. Most of my friends are gamer nerds, and only one of them ever bought me a video game for ANY occasion. That happened 10 years ago. Spouses and kids can be acceptable if you have nothing else of value to give them, but I don't see friends doing this. Unless you are all exceptionally charitable super nerds who don't have real-world wishes your friends could fulfill, then I call bullshit.

Nobody cares who believes who, but don't gang up on this dude with this altruistic nonsense. Know you're in the minority of adults who give their friends physical games instead of favors, useful shit, memories, or booze.

Far more likely that you're using the "I'm giving it to people as gifts" excuse to deny that you're buying multiple copies of a clearance item to resell. This is why almost everyone buys multiples of an item. Most of my friends are gamer nerds, and only one of them ever bought me a video game for ANY occasion. That happened 10 years ago. Spouses and kids can be acceptable if you have nothing else of value to give them, but I don't see friends doing this. Unless you are all exceptionally charitable super nerds who don't have real-world wishes your friends could fulfill, then I call bullshit.

Nobody cares who believes who, but don't gang up on this dude with this altruistic nonsense. Know you're in the minority of adults who give their friends physical games instead of favors, useful shit, memories, or booze.
Honestly, I stockpile clearance stuff for Christmas and secret santa shit. People get something they might actually enjoy, and I'm not spending 50 bucks a pop then. One year I managed to hit the spend under 20 mark and still give someone 4 games. Some of us *do* hoard for good reasons.

Oh right, found Prey andsome Middle Earth game for PS4 for 5, and My Friend Pedro for Switch for 5.

Honestly, I stockpile clearance stuff for Christmas and secret santa shit. People get something they might actually enjoy, and I'm not spending 50 bucks a pop then. One year I managed to hit the spend under 20 mark and still give someone 4 games. Some of us *do* hoard for good reasons.
Same here dude. I have a niece that I don't get to see nearly as often as I'd like and I will periodically send her a care package with some gifts (including games) for example. I enjoy getting to be the cool uncle.

Just because things might be different in your own life and you and have a comparatively contrasting family dynamic don't assume that everyone else is like you.

In this case, I dont blame him. Why do you need two copies of the same game?
I have duplicates of lots of games in my house because I have a teenager that treats his stuff like shit. So there's my game and there's his dirty sticky finger print scratched up game. We also have two ps4's because one is his and one is mine. Thinking about a third specifically for my VR. We also play games together.

In this case, I dont blame him. Why do you need two copies of the same game?
Multiple reasons.

#1 for trade fodder

#2 gifts for birthdays, Christmas etc.

#3 An extra to resell to make the purchase for myself even cheaper.

I'm ALWAYS open to trade for anything I cannot find. Some of you might find a game I'd like but is unavailable in my area, therefore I grab extras of what I can find in hopes of trading for something I'd like. I have actually met a few CAGS in person & have a good rep here :cool:

I'd like to prove you wrong sir, name a clearance game you haven't been able to find & I just might send it to you if I have an extra.

This is also what 90% of most CAGS automatically say or think. One of the reasons no one wants to trade anymore it seems. That trade thread is so outdated, I used to trade a lot of stuff back in the penny guide & Kmart clearance days. What happened to everyone that used to trade??? :cry:

Oh I almost forgot, I managed to find:

:switch:  $29 DQ XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition (Extremely YMMV as most stores still have it at $50)

:wiiu:  $9   Pikmin 3

:ps3:  $9   The King Of Fighters XII

:ps4:  $19 The King Of Fighter XIV Steelbook Edition

:xb1:  $3   Xcom 2

:xb1:  $15 No Man's Sky

:xb1:  $29 Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition

This is also what 90% of most CAGS automatically say or think. One of the reasons no one wants to trade anymore it seems. That trade thread is so outdated, I used to trade a lot of stuff back in the penny guide & Kmart clearance days. What happened to everyone that used to trade??? :cry:
the trade forums are full of people trying to get maximum profit for their minimum investment. watch when there is any kind of price glitch and you will see the forum fill up with people trying to sell stuff for 10 times what they paid. most recent example is the yoshi switch game codes from target that were selling for $5. some guy is still trying to sell his for $30+. everybody overvalues their stuff and lowballs yours. you will see people trading games that routinely drop to $10 or less new and they are trying to get first party nintendo switch games or new releases for them. that part of the forums should really drop the cheap and just be called assgamers

the trade forums are full of people trying to get maximum profit for their minimum investment. watch when there is any kind of price glitch and you will see the forum fill up with people trying to sell stuff for 10 times what they paid. most recent example is the yoshi switch game codes from target that were selling for $5. some guy is still trying to sell his for $30+. everybody overvalues their stuff and lowballs yours. you will see people trading games that routinely drop to $10 or less new and they are trying to get first party nintendo switch games or new releases for them. that part of the forums should really drop the cheap and just be called assgamers
It would be nice if people were trading to trade instead of trading to flip. But that's the world in which we live. I pretty much stopped buying double copies of anything since people are more interested in profiting than getting games that they have trouble finding in their local areas.

:switch: $29 DQ XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition (Extremely YMMV as most stores still have it at $50)

:wiiu: $9 Pikmin 3

:ps3: $9 The King Of Fighters XII

:ps4: $19 The King Of Fighter XIV Steelbook Edition

:xb1: $3 Xcom 2

:xb1: $15 No Man's Sky

:xb1: $29 Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition
Damn nice score on dq

:switch: $29 DQ XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition (Extremely YMMV as most stores still have it at $50)

:wiiu: $9 Pikmin 3

:ps3: $9 The King Of Fighters XII

:ps4: $19 The King Of Fighter XIV Steelbook Edition

:xb1: $3 Xcom 2

:xb1: $15 No Man's Sky

:xb1: $29 Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition
Lucky dog with Dragon Quest XI! Sadly it's $49.94 everywhere around here as you noted.

I'm guessing you don't think about giving them as gifts to others.
You actually are right. Not a single person in my family plays video games, and my close friend are all adults as well, who only play multiplayer games. They have their own money, so the last thing I've ever thought about is buying a video game for them.

If you have younger ones it makes sense. Otherwise, it really doesn't. Its actually weirder to say you're gifting your adult friends video games rather than just say you're reselling them, which I have no respect for. I know you people aren't buying 2 copies of a game like Xcom 2 for $3 just for it "to sit on the shelf sealed". You're doing it to make MAYBE $5 when another person who actually wanted the game could've also gotten it for $3. When target dropped Judgment to $17 a few months ago I went after work to a store that had 10+ copies. I picked one up and saw a dude standing behind me walking around for 10 minutes near the video game aisle. I grabbed my one copy, and see him right behind me checking out with the remaining 9+ copies in his hand all locked up. Do you think he was buying them for his family/to sit on his shelf?

Pretty sure I saw someone either on here or maybe somewhere else who bought FIVE(!!) New 2ds XLs from the SAME STORE. I cant imagine what that dudes life is like.

It would be nice if people were trading to trade instead of trading to flip. But that's the world in which we live. I pretty much stopped buying double copies of anything since people are more interested in profiting than getting games that they have trouble finding in their local areas.
I never buy doubles to flip. The only reason I ever buy an extra one is to have a backup in case my original blows it. I'll also only double-dip if the price is super-reasonable. For example, I might pick up a used console towards the end of the machine's life-cycle so I have an extra one when my launch edition bites the dust.

I never buy doubles to flip. The only reason I ever buy an extra one is to have a backup in case my original blows it. I'll also only double-dip if the price is super-reasonable. For example, I might pick up a used console towards the end of the machine's life-cycle so I have an extra one when my launch edition bites the dust.
Yep I always try to do that with consoles myself. I've had too many fail and it be difficult to find a decent replacement at a reasonable price. I just wish I had the foresight to pick up more than one vita before they became rare. Whole reason I jumped on the 2ds xl was partially to have a backup for down the road but also just wanting one in general since it seems more optimized over the others.

I just remember the early days of CAG when people would readily trade copies of games or sell them for reasonable prices to make sure that everyone would be able to take advantage of the deals. Of course, you paid shipping and a bit on top of the sale price if someone offered to buy you a copy or you offered a game of comparable value in trade. Nowadays, the trade forum looks like Ebay. And with USPS charging a grip for first-class shipping, you might as well just buy your own games and not worry about trading anything anymore.

I'd have picked Shenmue III up for $15.

Found a red xbox one controller for 28 today, but it was open box at that price. Receipt listed a clearance price of 37, though.

I'll often buy multiple copies on good deals for myself and friends, they'll do the same. Of perhaps he collects and wants to play the game too without opening?

There are non nefarious reasons..
Buying them to resell is ALSO a non nefarious reason. Honestly can’t think of ANY nefarious reason for buying a game.

I just remember the early days of CAG when people would readily trade copies of games or sell them for reasonable prices to make sure that everyone would be able to take advantage of the deals. Of course, you paid shipping and a bit on top of the sale price if someone offered to buy you a copy or you offered a game of comparable value in trade. Nowadays, the trade forum looks like Ebay. And with USPS charging a grip for first-class shipping, you might as well just buy your own games and not worry about trading anything anymore.
Those were the days I remember. I also remember days of going into Circuit City (RIP) during their massive clearance sales and people with lists from here made bad impressions on clerks taking every last game. They'd hoard and flip and gleefully posted about here. Yeah that's some nefarious crap and I think it ran some of the better members off. Made me a bitter person for sure but we still have good peeps

I like to think postage increases killed the culture of altruism here. Last time I shipped a game it was over $8 for priority. That makes a $5 game almost $15 to ship at cost (tax, mailers etc). I think first class under 13 ounces is still about $5 which is still $11 or $12. I grab an extra if I think my brother would want one, but that is about it.

I like to think postage increases killed the culture of altruism here. Last time I shipped a game it was over $8 for priority. That makes a $5 game almost $15 to ship at cost (tax, mailers etc). I think first class under 13 ounces is still about $5 which is still $11 or $12. I grab an extra if I think my brother would want one, but that is about it.
I agree. Earlier today, I mailed my stepfather a new wireless controller for his PlayStation Classic and a few Blu-Rays for his birthday gift. It cost me $8.95 Priority. He lives less than 100 miles away from me, and it was guaranteed to get there by Friday. Sheesh.

Most people were willing to chip in for postage so no, not really. I've been around since pretty much the beggining, shipping has gone up a lot for sure and it's harder to shell out that extra for a gift on a random person but the older times were more "you found it? I'll pay shipping, thank you so much"

Like I said, we still have great members

I am in the KY/WV area. I usually don't buy extras or stuff I can't use but establishing a local trade alliance could be interesting...quarterly swap meet or something to eliminate shipping costs.

Most people were willing to chip in for postage so no, not really. I've been around since pretty much the beggining, shipping has gone up a lot for sure and it's harder to shell out that extra for a gift on a random person but the older times were more "you found it? I'll pay shipping, thank you so much"

Like I said, we still have great members
I know people did/do cost plus shipping, that was my point. If I offer to grab a clearance game for someone that is $10 add tax and shipping its $16 bucks. If you can get it locally for $15-20 getting someone to ship is kind of a waste. Higher shipping makes it harder to find stuff to share where shipping does not kill the deal.

I know people did/do cost plus shipping, that was my point. If I offer to grab a clearance game for someone that is $10 add tax and shipping its $16 bucks. If you can get it locally for $15-20 getting someone to ship is kind of a waste. Higher shipping makes it harder to find stuff to share where shipping does not kill the deal.
I used to ship out stuff we gave out for prizes when I worked for a website, I know shipping costs have been a wallet drain. I've also watched that not be what ran a lot of good and helpful members off, I've read the rant filled posts. My main point tho is that we do still have great members that will go awesome things for our fellow CAGS is all. Yes we've had crappy people, still do but I always want us to see we have members that do awesome stuff too. Let's focus on that

Fourth of July related items were significantly reduced. I picked up some napkins and plates for 25 cents and 50 cents each respectively. Napkins and plates were packs of 12. They were thicker paper plates to and larger in size, like dinner plates

Imagine having a Walmart that clearanced games for modern systems at a decent price instead of overpriced PS2 games.

Damn not a single store within 30 miles in the east bay shows that game in stock. They all show the $19.93 price though.
It was the only retailer that had in stock in my area and it was listed online at $29.99 so I was thrilled to find a single copy in stock for $10 cheaper. Amazon has it currently $23.47 prime same day delivery.

It was the only retailer that had in stock in my area and it was listed online at $29.99 so I was thrilled to find a single copy in stock for $10 cheaper. Amazon has it currently $23.47 prime same day delivery.
Stock on that title at Walmart is real spotty here as well but it's part of the $19.93 series of games so that's the regular in-store price if you can find it.

Besides gift shopping for my niece I'll do the same for my brother as well if it's something he is interested in so the previous assertion by someone else here that adults don't buy this kind of stuff for each other is just ignorant nonsense.

I’m not sure if it was reported earlier in this thread but I did a search of Dark Souls Remastered for Nintendo Switch via UPC 045496592721 on Brickseek - Got as low as $19.00 at some Wal-Marts in my area but currently out of stock.

Found Pokémon Ultra Moon for $19, which is the only store to have it at that price within 50 miles.

I figured I’d grab it as almost all Pokémon games get expensive once a console generation is dazed out.

Credit to SD on seeing this one:
Octopath Traveler Switch, $19
Brickseek showed OOS but the store had one YMWV on this one

While there I scanned PS4's Quantic Dream Collection (Detroit:BH/Heavy Rain/Beyond 2 Souls), it was $19. They had 3 more.

Happy Hunting!

Found Pokémon Ultra Moon for $19, which is the only store to have it at that price within 50 miles.

I figured I’d grab it as almost all Pokémon games get expensive once a console generation is dazed out.
Should definitely go grab the pokemon stuff during the 50% off 5 games sale at gamestop then. you can get pokemon sun and moon for 7.50 each.

Credit to SD on seeing this one:
Octopath Traveler Switch, $19
Brickseek showed OOS but the store had one YMWV on this one
While there I scanned PS4's Quantic Dream Collection (Detroit:BH/Heavy Rain/Beyond 2 Souls), it was $19. They had 3 more.
Happy Hunting!
No, Octopath was reported at $19 here weeks ago.

bread's done
Back