Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Too Human is a free download
It is, but some people like collecting physical copies. Especially if one day they stop offering the game. I have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game that was ripped off of digital storefronts due to licensing issues, but I can still play it, because it's on a disc.

It is, but some people like collecting physical copies. Especially if one day they stop offering the game. I have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game that was ripped off of digital storefronts due to licensing issues, but I can still play it, because it's on a disc.
Quick question my dude but what was the name of that game again?

Yeah - licensed games in particular are always going to fall victim to these issues. Hasn't the same happened to Activision's past published 007 and Spider-man games?
Activision is very aggressive about dropping licensed games, this TMNT game is one of theirs as well. They hired Platinum to make 3 budget licensed games: a Korra game, a Transformers game, and a TMNT game. All 3 are delisted now. Korra was digital only so it's long gone but TMNT and Transformers had physical copies. I don't keep track of prices or anything but if TMNT was somewhat expensive it would not surprise me in the least, it was only available digitally for 7 months before being delisted.

I mentioned it a loooong time ago in this thread but the Transformers game is also on clearance, though I doubt most stores have any copies left at this point. But if they do the PS3/360 version are only $1 and the PS4/X1 version is between $5 and $9 at most stores in my area.

Activision is very aggressive about dropping licensed games, this TMNT game is one of theirs as well. They hired Platinum to make 3 budget licensed games: a Korra game, a Transformers game, and a TMNT game. All 3 are delisted now. Korra was digital only so it's long gone but TMNT and Transformers had physical copies. I don't keep track of prices or anything but if TMNT was somewhat expensive it would not surprise me in the least, it was only available digitally for 7 months before being delisted.

I mentioned it a loooong time ago in this thread but the Transformers game is also on clearance, though I doubt most stores have any copies left at this point. But if they do the PS3/360 version are only $1 and the PS4/X1 version is between $5 and $9 at most stores in my area.

Would you know the price for the PS4 version around you? I'd be willing to pay if you could pick one up for me and it was cheap enough. It's not in my area.

Oh to clarify I don't think any of the stores near me actually have any copies, it's just that you can still check brickseek to see what the most recent price was if it's still in their database or whatever. I'd gladly buy some if I could tbh, especially since I never bothered to buy a PS4 copy of TMNT (just PS3) which I regret, but everything says oos.

But yeah it's been a while so I doubt many are still in stores. To give you an idea I let my cousin play the PS3 copy of Transformers I got and he unlocked a trophy... in June of last year. And I know I sat on that copy for a month before he played it, maybe even longer. So it's been well over a year.

Clearance has been so random lately. Maybe it's just me.

Found a copy of FFX/X-2 for 15 after literally checking on it daily for weeks. It was almost closing time and I only went for Paper Mario. Got lucky.

Oh to clarify I don't think any of the stores near me actually have any copies, it's just that you can still check brickseek to see what the most recent price was if it's still in their database or whatever. I'd gladly buy some if I could tbh, especially since I never bothered to buy a PS4 copy of TMNT (just PS3) which I regret, but everything says oos.

But yeah it's been a while so I doubt many are still in stores. To give you an idea I let my cousin play the PS3 copy of Transformers I got and he unlocked a trophy... in June of last year. And I know I sat on that copy for a month before he played it, maybe even longer. So it's been well over a year.
Oh well but thanks a lot anyways. I've been looking for that game for awhile but it's all sold out around me. Might just buy it on Ebay one day.

By the way if anyone's interested, my local Walmart had Adobe Photoshop 2019 for $45.00 and the 3-Device Kaspersky Internet Security for $0.03. I don't usually buy software like that but it's still a pretty good deal.

i think that transformer game you all are talking about was a plus game at some point. i have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iirc I passed on a stack of xb1 TMNT @ $11 each 2 weeks ago. I wasn't all that interested in the game at that price and there were so many I thought they might drop more. I might check again when I am back through the area tomorrow.

Edit: on second thought, that may have been a month ago so there could be a price drop if any are left.

i think that transformer game you all are talking about was a plus game at some point. i have it
Yep sure was, back in 2016. That is how I got my PS4 copy. I just bought a PS3 one simply because I liked the game a lot (it's basically just a transformers skin on Bayonetta) and it was $1.

:switch: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate $15 176945394

For fellow old people, some of the Basic Fun mini arcade games in the toy department went on clearance:

Ms. Pac-Man $11
Dig Dug $9
Defender $7 (this does not actually play the arcade original, it's the NES port of Defender II absolutelydisgusting.jpg)

Transformers Astrotrain G1 replica dropped to $25.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but the Pac Man Pocket Player was $7 at one of my local Walmarts last weekend, my 4 year old loves Pacman, its pretty neat. Not sure if any of the other ones have gone clearance or not
fe6f809fa210890cec857e2082710e9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

"You said something negative but totally true about my favorite state?!?! So dumb!"
the weather is great for the most part, lots to do. but the atmosphere, cost of living and policies be like [emoji2961]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Bee Simulator sound fun to you guys? To each his own.
The controls feel like a 1998 helicopter sim if you need a nostalgia trip...zipping around doing bee stuff sounds awesome to me; just wish this game did that...

Edit: XB1 version though I assume the mechanics remain the same across platforms

vcTtT7U.jpg
After months of being salty and seeing some people have amazing deals at their walmart, I finally had my chance. All these were $2.50 each

Not a deal but it's been out of stock for awhile now. I've spotted Ring Fit Adventure for Switch at several different stores lately, they seem to have gotten restocked in a limited manner. $69.88 but they're selling for over 100 on ebay.

bread's done
Back