Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a deal but it's been out of stock for awhile now. I've spotted Ring Fit Adventure for Switch at several different stores lately, they seem to have gotten restocked in a limited manner. $69.88 but they're selling for over 100 on ebay.
When this came out, i used the Google checkout to save 20% off, i think it came out to $56 shipped, figuring that i probably wasn't going to get a better deal. I had no idea they would become so limited. Of course with my luck, the first time I used it, i pushed myself really hard, and combined with trying to sleep with my arm up and under my head, ended up at least partially tearing my rotator cuff, considering the pain I was in if i turned my arm a certain way, or reached out for something too fast. Haven't played it since...

Not a deal but it's been out of stock for awhile now. I've spotted Ring Fit Adventure for Switch at several different stores lately, they seem to have gotten restocked in a limited manner. $69.88 but they're selling for over 100 on ebay.
Ring fit is in stock every day now

Came across a copy of the Trine Collection for the Switch for $15 last night. They had 2 copies, only grabbed 1, but Brickseek showed zero when I checked before checkout.

They also had Farm Simulator for the Switch for $10, but didn't sound like it was worth it.

Except I literally just checked and it’s not. In stock every day but today, I guess you’re going to tell us.
From what I have seen lately it basically has been selling out anywhere within minutes so even if it were somehow restocked daily that wouldn't be saying much.

When this came out, i used the Google checkout to save 20% off, i think it came out to $56 shipped, figuring that i probably wasn't going to get a better deal. I had no idea they would become so limited. Of course with my luck, the first time I used it, i pushed myself really hard, and combined with trying to sleep with my arm up and under my head, ended up at least partially tearing my rotator cuff, considering the pain I was in if i turned my arm a certain way, or reached out for something too fast. Haven't played it since...
You should just lie to people and tell them that you tore your rotator cuff playing organized volleyball or tennis or something :roll: ;)

From what I have seen lately it basically has been selling out anywhere within minutes so even if it were somehow restocked daily that wouldn't be saying much.

You should just lie to people and tell them that you tore your rotator cuff playing organized volleyball or tennis or something :roll: ;)
No man, its cool, i just hide inside and blame it on the pandemic. It was mostly from trying to sleep with my arm up over my head and other stuff that involves me trying to pretend that I didn't just turn 38, but i used it the first time around the same time and I'm sure that repeatedly holding it above my head and squeezing and overdoing it for my first time was a contributing factor. Plus the whole being old thing.

Good luck with that rotator cuff. Tore a third of mine off completely when I was 20. They had to swap from the microscopic to cutting thru my shoulder, cutting the hell out of my muscles, just to use them to form a new cuff. Left me with a permanent partial disability and has effed up my life. I'm going to be 44 in September. Try to ice, rest, etc but don't let it go for long

I didn't go to the doctor because I'm almost certain they are just going to tell me that I was just going to have to let it heal.

This happened around March/April, and it was awful when it generally would feel ok, then maybe a door would swing open, and I'd instinctively reach really fast to catch it, or id have to reach for something up high, and extend my arm too far and I'd get that awful burning sting. Happened almost daily.

Now, i still tweak it on occasion, but it's more like once or twice a week at most and I just need to be patient and i think it'll be OK. My kids play the game all the time, so it gets used plenty. I just stick to animal crossing.

I didn't go to the doctor because I'm almost certain they are just going to tell me that I was just going to have to let it heal.
This happened around March/April, and it was awful when it generally would feel ok, then maybe a door would swing open, and I'd instinctively reach really fast to catch it, or id have to reach for something up high, and extend my arm too far and I'd get that awful burning sting. Happened almost daily.
Now, i still tweak it on occasion, but it's more like once or twice a week at most and I just need to be patient and i think it'll be OK. My kids play the game all the time, so it gets used plenty. I just stick to animal crossing.
Some PT might help if your insurance will pay for it and their offices are open

If you can, I'd look into physical therapy. It sucks but the strengthening exercises they teach you will help. I can't do overhead stuff, repetitive things, hell just trying to get comfortable is a chore

The Somerdale NJ store had some more clearance drops, mostly 1-2 copies per title.

:ps4:
Dragon Quest Builders II $10
MediEvil $10
Batman: Arkham Knight $10
Apex Legends Lifeline $5
Apex Legends Bloodhound $5
Anthem $5

:xb1:
Monster Hunter World $10
Apex Legends Lifeline $5
Apex Legends Bloodhound $5
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved $5
Anthem $5

:switch:
Trials Rising $10

:pc:
Alan Wake Collection $1
Brutal $1

The Frigidaire EFR177 compact fridge dropped to $54 152009460, and those cheesy soft drink branded microfridges dropped to $17.

The Somerdale NJ store had some more clearance drops, mostly 1-2 copies per title.

:ps4:
Anthem $5

:xb1:
Anthem $5

The Frigidaire EFR177 compact fridge dropped to $54 152009460, and those cheesy soft drink branded microfridges dropped to $17.
I actually have and played Anthem, not worth 5 or even 1 dollar and only worth the gas @ 0.01 only when your out picking something else up

I would try to do some light stuff otherwise it won't heal properly and then could take longer or require surgery to fix.
That's how I blew mine out, not getting pt for a previous injury 8 years prior. Doc popped up the film from my MRI, this was 99🤯, showed the greyish off colored mass above my shoulder and says "had you gotten pt at 12, we wouldn't be here today" food for thought

That's how I blew mine out, not getting pt for a previous injury 8 years prior. Doc popped up the film from my MRI, this was 99, showed the greyish off colored mass above my shoulder and says "had you gotten pt at 12, we wouldn't be here today" food for thought
I don't know what any of that means...

Yeah, that's an awesome deal for an awesome game. The DLC is a download code though. Not sure why it's not on the disk.
Hmmmmm.

Probably piracy concerns and/or they want to use the Network (Depending on platform - PSN, XBL, or Steam/Bethesda.Net) to obtain the DLC's.

They probably don't want FO4 GOTY owners copying the DLC's over to their buddies who have the base-game but don't have the GOTY version.

I'm used to their PC version coming from retail w/ no disc, a download code, and you just download the entire game. They been doing that for years here on PC.

The DLC is a download code though. Not sure why it's not on the disk.
I think the main reason for DLC codes in CEs/GotYs is to get extra revenue from the used market. People who buy a used copy from Gamestop/ebay/etc would need to purchase the DLC again.

The vanilla version without the DLC has gone down to $5.98 on clearance at Target if you can't find the GOTY edition at Walmart.
Yeah but if Bethesda does like what they do on PC during sales they will purposely give a weaker discount on DLCs and price the GOTY cheaper than the sum of that so that you are effectively forced to buy the base game again if you want the DLC for it. Learned this the hard waiting what seemed like forever for a good discount on Dishonored DLCs that never came. On PC at least they screw you if you buy just a base game.

Yeah, that's an awesome deal for an awesome game. The DLC is a download code though. Not sure why it's not on the disk.
I remember back in the PS3 days, games like Dragon Age's Ultimate Edition had all the DLC on the disc, so you could literally just go in Gamestop buy a used copy, get all the DLC and return it. So thats probably why haha

Picked up Soul Caliber IV for $5 yesterday. I think it is the lowest I have seen, I can't seem to find many games hitting $5 or below in my area. I occasionally see $7 but mostly the low is $9. Been eyeing a pile of TMNT Manhattan at a store I shop about once a month, they have been sitting at $11 for at least two months now and I keep watching for a better drop. They must have at least the same 10+ copies forever now.

I remember back in the PS3 days, games like Dragon Age's Ultimate Edition had all the DLC on the disc, so you could literally just go in Gamestop buy a used copy, get all the DLC and return it. So thats probably why haha
Until EA's Project $10 and the advent of online passes, sigh what a time

Edit: I guess technically the Rockstar Pass with LA Noire was the DLC on disk death knell but Project $10 was the end

Until EA's Project $10 and the advent of online passes, sigh what a time

Edit: I guess technically the Rockstar Pass with LA Noire was the DLC on disk death knell but Project $10 was the end
I was wondering why LA noire required a 29 gig install when I put the game in.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider limited edition steelbook for ps4 is $19.93 online and in-store.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-Limited-Steelbook-Edition-Square-Enix-PlayStation-4-662248920894/667111980

As low as $12: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=667111980

Man of Medan for ps4 $11 to as low as $5 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=578716484

Tales from the borderlands ps4 $9 (I guess they reprinted them after the 3 cent debacle) - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=50277671

Dragon Quest Builders 2 for ps4 $15 to as low as $13 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=399685232

My haul
[attachment=34371:E0D1F47E-C26F-40EB-9383-344FAA84424A.jpeg]
Yokai Watch and Soul Caliber VI was $5 each
Hey Pikman $11
Bloodstained $13
Ni No Kuni and DQ Builders 2 was $15 each

Found a copy of Everspace for the Switch at the Walmart in Somerdale NJ. It was on the shelf for $19, rang up $13. They had quite a few copies left
Thx for the reminder. Mine dropped from 19.93 to 13 as well.

They have 1 more at the Richmond Hilltop location for any East Bay peeps.

My store has crap for clearance games, but I did get a Ring Fit for $69.99. Now to see what all the hoopla is all about. At least I got it $10 cheaper than anywhere else.

bread's done
Back