Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
pool is coming up 5$ in my neck of the woods. But the only store that isn't limited stock is in south euclid and eww I don't want to go there.

It depends.  some stuff they have on tops of shelves and it sits there until an employee with a ladder comes along and moves it.  But yeah all of our pools are usually right at the entrance of the store now that they changed the seasonal section over to the front. Instead of being over by lawn and garden and paint/hardware. But I figure it's worth a look if I happen to be in the area shopping for something or somewhere else.

I was was able to get 6 copies of Guitar Hero II and Guitar Hero Aerosmith (X360) for a buck a piece.  Not terrible.  

I had a good day, found Code Vein ($15) and Bloodstained ($13) at one store, and Ni-No-Kuni ($15) and Dragon Quest Builders 2 ($13) at another. All for PS4

Was expecting to have to drive all around town but the first two stops were successes. Also found a bunch of MTG Jumpstart packs as well (Which are stupidly overpriced online currently)

Just saw Control & Rage 2 for PS4 at $21. Also noticed Rocket Arena Mythic Edition is 9.93 for both XB1 & PS4. Oh & American Ninja Warrior PS4 dropped to $11

Just saw Control & Rage 2 for PS4 at $21. Also noticed Rocket Arena Mythic Edition is 9.93 for both XB1 & PS4. Oh & American Ninja Warrior PS4 dropped to $11
I think $10 may be the new MSRP for Rocket Arena, or at least a sale amongst most retailers as Amazon, Target and BB all have it for $10.

Seeing some prices posted I don't normally see which got me checking my own personal list of games I've been keeping an eye on. Lot of new discounts around my area: DQ Heroes 2 for $9. Attack on Titan 2 (PS4) for $11. Hey Pikmin! for $7. Contra Rogue Corps (PS4) for $11. Control (PS4) is $21 here as well.

Also last trip to my store I saw Titanfall 1 (PC, origin code) for $1 and Fifa 18 for $1 on every platform.

My Walmart had most of the 3DS and Wii U games on clearance, only the two that weren't at this specific one were the most hilarious holdouts: Star Fox Guard for $60 and Hey Pikmin for $40.

But hey they had Detective Pikachu for $19, haven't really seen it lower anywhere yet lol

Also last trip to my store I saw Titanfall 1 (PC, origin code) for $1 and Fifa 18 for $1 on every platform.
If I'm not mistaken Titanfall 1 has no single player component and the multiplayer is probably dead so I'd say it's likely just a paperweight.

Snoopy's Grand Adventure (X360) for $0.03 may be favorite deal of the year. Idk why. Maybe because it was actually labeled $0.03. And I'd never seen that before.

I had a good day, found Code Vein ($15) and Bloodstained ($13) at one store, and Ni-No-Kuni ($15) and Dragon Quest Builders 2 ($13) at another. All for PS4

Was expecting to have to drive all around town but the first two stops were successes. Also found a bunch of MTG Jumpstart packs as well (Which are stupidly overpriced online currently)
SKU for MTG?

Popped into Walmart this morning to grab something I forgot last night.

There were 2 Switches and 6 2DS XL.

Last night the cases were empty. So maybe everyone got a restock today?

Pick these games up at Walmart earlier today
3b207c6915301f4e69c47405aaea1ae1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So jealous of you people who have Walmarts that actually clearance stuff.

Three Walmarts in my town and clearance is marking 49.99 down to 49.49. two still have ps2 games at 19.99+.

I have a Walmart close by where employees would rather physically fight with you than sell you something on clearance.

I have a Walmart close by where employees would rather physically fight with you than sell you something on clearance.
I had some very confused walmart employees when I got a bunch of those destiny 2s for $.03, they tried their damnedest to get that 'puter I obviously hacked to get that price changed back to whatever their brains thought it should rightfully be, so I just kinda giggled at them as they struggled and then some other video game turbonerd like me who knew *why* it was $.03 came by and was lollin' too lol. I swear their adamancy nearly led them to entering an arbitrary higher price.

Bless their hearts.

I had some very confused walmart employees when I got a bunch of those destiny 2s for $.03, they tried their damnedest to get that 'puter I obviously hacked to get that price changed back to whatever their brains thought it should rightfully be, so I just kinda giggled at them as they struggled and then some other video game turbonerd like me who knew *why* it was $.03 came by and was lollin' too lol. I swear their adamancy nearly led them to entering an arbitrary higher price.

Bless their hearts.
well, technically any 3 cent game is claims and suppose to be sent back to vendor, so it's not like they are wrong no matter how much better than them you think you are.

I don't know where you got that I think I'm better than them, maybe you have a chip on your shoulder, but it turns out they were wrong and realized by the end of it, because they proceeded to sell me the game without any intervention or comment from me.

I don't know where you got that I think I'm better than them, maybe you have a chip on your shoulder, but it turns out they were wrong and realized by the end of it, because they proceeded to sell me the game without any intervention or comment from me.
i am telling you they were not wrong, they just didnt know what they were doing. fact is a 3 cent game is suppose to be removed from the floor and returned to the vendor. and your post is very condescending towards those people you interacted with.

Well if it's a "fact" about some obscure Walmart corporate policy and inventory practice I've never seen it observed in the myriad $.03 game purchases I've made without any issues.  I'm gonna need the receipts on that one.  Your reiteration that the post is condescending is just restating that I think I'm better than them, it doesn't really offer an explanation of why you think that is the case.

Anyway after remembering the situation more I realized they actually are trash people and I am superior to them, they treated me like I was a damned fraudster criminal for absolutely no reason for trying to buy video games.  And wasted 10 minutes of my time.  No explanation why.  fuck em. 

i am telling you they were not wrong, they just didnt know what they were doing. fact is a 3 cent game is suppose to be removed from the floor and returned to the vendor. and your post is very condescending towards those people you interacted with.
You aren't wrong about the $0.03 thing meaning that the item is supposed to have been pulled for salvage but I will say that if they managed their inventory properly it wouldn't be an issue. For how many times I have seen it (or for that matter how many times Brickseek/their own inventory numbers have been way off) it's clear that they are quite sloppy at it, and more so than any other retailer that I have seen. Also, I don't feel that dude was being condescending towards the people he had dealt with. Frankly, your admission that "they just didnt know what they were doing" kind of makes any knowledgeable person 'better' than them by default.

Well if it's a "fact" about some obscure Walmart corporate policy and inventory practice I've never seen it observed in the myriad $.03 game purchases I've made without any issues. I'm gonna need the receipts on that one. Your reiteration that the post is condescending is just restating that I think I'm better than them, it doesn't really offer an explanation of why you think that is the case.

Anyway after remembering the situation more I realized they actually are trash people and I am superior to them, they treated me like I was a damned fraudster criminal for absolutely no reason for trying to buy video games. And wasted 10 minutes of my time. No explanation why. fuck em.
So I've never been rude in any way to anyone there but with how often I've encountered associates that are just lazy and/or dismissive, to be honest I am struggling to disagree with the general spirit of the sentiment that you've expressed.

What is the lowest expected price for games to hit on clearance before the .03 pull from inventory? Seems like $5 is the lowest I see anything hit. Or is there even a system/policy in place for clearance prices?

What is the lowest expected price for games to hit on clearance before the .03 pull from inventory? Seems like $5 is the lowest I see anything hit. Or is there even a system/policy in place for clearance prices?
I had posted a pic yesterday of some games I got well one game I didn’t post because I didn’t buy it my dad bought FIFA 18 for Xbox one that shows the World Cup update graphic it showed five bucks but when he scanned it at the register it came up three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I for one am not sure honestly. Have seen $1-$3 games before.

Today's pickups (After seeing that Mega Max Zero/ZX post earlier today, I had to go get it)

:ps4: Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection $19

:ps4: ESO: Elsweyr $11

:xb1: Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition $1

Left on the racks:

:ps4: Shenmue III $9

:ps4: Monkey King; King is Back $9

:ps4: Bee Simulator $11

There was a 3DS Ever Oasis hanging out in the case as well but there was no price on BS for the location I was at so I didn't bother (I already own the game).

Saw/picked up the following:
PS4/Xbone Control $15
PS4/ Xbone Tennis Workd Tour $5
PS4/Xbone Onrush $7

PS4:
WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition $9
Indivisible $5
Scribblenauts Something $5
Rapala $11
Sims 4 with Cats Bundle $15
Steep Winter Games $11

PSVR
Farpoint $5
Skyrim $15
Concrete Genie $9
Eagle Flight $7
Blood and Truth $11
Everybody’s Golf VR $7
Trover $15

Xbone:
WWE 2K19 $5
Strange Brigade $3
Wolfenstein II $5
Vampyr $9
Dead or Alive 6 $5
Rare Replay $11

3DS Captain Toad $11

Switch Final Fantasy X & X-2 $15

You can probably go back and get it, I'm sure it's probably still there. I rarely see PSVR games sell out at stores.

bread's done
Back