Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, and I would suggest fighting this battle with your wallet. Refusing to shop there and having valid reasons when asked would make you some kind of activist; shopping there with the intention of engaging into a situation to be a dick the employees would make you some kind of a dick.
Who has the intention of shopping there to try to be a dick to the employees? If they give me a valid reason to check my receipt I would gladly hand it over because whatever their reasoned "hunch" is might just lead to some greater annoyance later on because I don't steal from Walmart, but if they tell me they do it as a "spot check" on every ten or some nonsense they can ask someone else, it's built into their policy even it seems, numerology is not a valid reason.

How to kill threads 101

Literally,can you guys just make up and stop crying like babies over $0.03 deals? Move on,it's not the end of world if don't acquire something as always will be something better on the cheap. Afterall,isn't that what makes us all CAG's?

You guys really get this out of hand just by someone asking to see your receipt? i get security following me around the whole store. I just laugh and think of all the people ripping them off while they are watching me. You would think after a few years they would realize I dont need to steal their crap, but I guess I have the look of a thief or something.

I couldn't care less if security followed me personally around the store, that's their paranoia and they can waste their own time however they want.

remember-when-this-thread-was-about-walmart-deals-pepperidge-farm-remembers.jpg

I witnessed this at the Walmart in Greenville, NC. My guy took every Xbox game off the shelf, put them in a cart, and had the electronics employee check the price of each one. Stacks of games maybe 100 or so in total. At least he had the decency to have his wife put the ones he didn’t want back on the shelf for him. 

[attachment=34836:4DE37F17-2C1B-4BB6-925E-A6D7C5083A61.jpeg]

[attachment=34837:F50E38B7-82A2-49F6-9D57-82F77FE72557.jpeg]

Seen Prey PS4 posted like a billion times but I found the xbox version for $5 today, also found the xbox version of Agents of Mayhem for $1.

I had luck with the 3 cent games today. Picked up geometry wars and apex legends. The woman at the register was in total disbelief but didn't fight me on it. Good stuff.

Does Halloween candy go on sale a lot quicker now? For example, they used to discount it more and more as each day went on after Oct 31st but I think last year it went pretty quick.

To anyone who bought the $0.03 copies of Destiny 2 with the 30 day ps+ code, are you having issues using the code?

Just tried one with a 12/31/22 exp date and it was no longer valid. Contacted Sony customer service and they said it expired 9/6/20... Tried two more with the same exp date and they weren't valid either.

To anyone who bought the $0.03 copies of Destiny 2 with the 30 day ps+ code, are you having issues using the code?

Just tried one with a 12/31/22 exp date and it was no longer valid. Contacted Sony customer service and they said it expired 9/6/20... Tried two more with the same exp date and they weren't valid either.
Same. Getting Error code WS-45486-7, can't get any info on that code.

Not a huge loss but this is part of the reason I don't trust these game companies with downloadable content.

Does Halloween candy go on sale a lot quicker now? For example, they used to discount it more and more as each day went on after Oct 31st but I think last year it went pretty quick.
At the Walmart stores near me, it's a week at 50%, then a few weeks at 75% off. Candy never goes to 90% even when the rest of the Halloween merchandise goes to 90% off but I think I just live in an area with bad clearance since I seem to remember others mentioning it went to 90% in their areas.

At the Walmart stores near me, it's a week at 50%, then a few weeks at 75% off. Candy never goes to 90% even when the rest of the Halloween merchandise goes to 90% off but I think I just live in an area with bad clearance since I seem to remember others mentioning it went to 90% in their areas.
the good candy is usually gone at 50%

Any way to know what price a game will ring up if it shows no stock close on Brick seek but they have a game in the case other than ask them to ring it up/check it?

Edit: I see people saying it is broke currently so looking for a way to check prices m, if that makes sense.

Any way to know what price a game will ring up if it shows no stock close on Brick seek but they have a game in the case other than ask them to ring it up/check it?

Edit: I see people saying it is broke currently so looking for a way to check prices m, if that makes sense.
the price tag thing on the rack can be scanned with the walmart app

Brickseek is just broken right now, normally it won't say "no stock close" when they have stock. At worst (in most cases) it will say out of stock when they do have stock, but the price it lists is still the price in their system.

Apex Legends Lifeline Edition ps4 3 cents 014633377552

I was gonna say something but let's just go back to game deals.

Picked up The Surge 2 for $5. Looks like it was originally $50 and dropped to $20 in August then $10 in September.

Forgot to check out the candy, but it's usually gone in a day.

It probably depends on the store and how much candy they have left.  Went to a store Sunday morning and it was 50% off and they had a decent amount left.  Saw a post on Facebook from my aunt last night about the same store saying there was no discount anymore.

Brickseek is just broken right now, normally it won't say "no stock close" when they have stock. At worst (in most cases) it will say out of stock when they do have stock, but the price it lists is still the price in their system.
Yea, I thought something was off as it always at least showed low/no stock but listed the stores. Hopefully it’s fixed soon.

Who’s looking for Captain Tsubasa (PS4) again? They just dropped to $20 in my area
Not only is that one still $50 in my area, most of the local stores raised the prices on stuff like Tsum Tsum Festival, Terraria, and New Super Lucky's Tale back to normal price. It does make me wonder if these will be Black Friday prices (based on stores raising them back up and the even numbered prices i.e $10, $15, $20, etc).

bread's done
Back