Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't call the people reselling "scumbags". Now if this was a necessary item like medication, yeah.. but otherwise, they're just taking part in capitalism. Consoles are a luxury item, and no one is forcing anyone to pay those prices. If someone is silly enough to want to buy a console at a purchase point well above MSRP when very few games exist for the system and knowing that there could be issues that prevent them from playing, then let them do so. It's their money to spend.
It's fine if you don't. I do.

I literally have 10 Christmas presents I put together to give to those giving tree charities. Books, toys, sports equipment, clothing--all stuff I found on clearance at Walmart. And I have maybe 14 pairs of thermal long johns I bought for $1 each this past summer to give to the homeless shelter, in addition to all of the household goods I bought for them. This is the time of the year when you give, not take.

Don't need validation or justification to think people who create artificial shortages are scumbags. Likewise, nobody needs my apology for my candor about their selfish behavior.

Or you could just wait like a couple weeks and not pay the markup? Isn't this what CAG people do by conditioning?

The bad launch titles will be there later folks lol

If scalpers want to spend their limit one per customer in line or whatever online preorder they were lucky enough to probably only get one of if they didn't make a program to snap them up when they went live to make a few hundred bucks, they probably need the money anyway. It isn't something people who have things like decent health insurance plans typically spend their time doing en masse.
Bad launch titles? These are 100x better than the PS4’s. For me demons souls is worth the price alone. Astro bot, miles morales, cod and assassins creed are all good too, not to mention there’s actual backwards compatibility with better performing/upgraded titles.

Bad launch titles? These are 100x better than the PS4’s. For me demons souls is worth the price alone. Astro bot, miles morales, cod and assassins creed are all good too, not to mention there’s actual backwards compatibility with better performing/upgraded titles.
It's great to hear PS5's unremarkable launch is 100 times better than PS4's which had nothing to remark on and replete with the latest propaganda from Activision. The upgraded port of Demon's Souls sounds nice, but I think the experience of the upgraded 11 year old Demon's Souls will be just as fresh a few weeks from the PS5 launch, unless you're afraid of spoilers or something.

I could see a valid reason for wanting a PS5 on launch day if you're afraid later models won't be backwards compatible any more, PS3 sure dropped that in a flash, it is Sony I guess.

It's great to hear PS5's unremarkable launch is 100 times better than PS4's which had nothing to remark on and replete with the latest propaganda from Activision. The upgraded port of Demon's Souls sounds nice, but I think the experience of the upgraded 11 year old Demon's Souls will be just as fresh a few weeks from the PS5 launch, unless you're afraid of spoilers or something.

I could see a valid reason for wanting a PS5 on launch day if you're afraid later models won't be backwards compatible any more, PS3 sure dropped that in a flash, it is Sony I guess.
Yeah the only way I would pick up a launch model is if they pull the same nonsense as with the ps3.

Don't need validation or justification to think people who create artificial shortages are scumbags. Likewise, nobody needs my apology for my candor about their selfish behavior.
Blame the companies who produce limited stock then. They've known for generations now that people are buying consoles and re-selling them. I'd hardly say that the people doing the reselling are "selfish" either. Now if they were able to buy multiple consoles, then I could see that as being a selfish act, but they're limited to one AFAIK.

Walmart.com has a couple games now for $9.99 including Infamous Second Son, nathan drake collection, god of war, banner saga collection if for any reason you don't want to buy them on Amazon or BestBuy.

Decent haul today:

wm-clearancegames-20201121.jpg

Tekken 7 PS4 $2 x3, got for replacement cases, giving two disc-only copies to friends, other I'm keeping complete.

Daemon X Machina for 15

LAyton for 9

XCom 2 for 5

Quantum Dream Collection 9

Doom Slayers Collection 9

Monkey King 2

Darksiders Genesis 5

Everything was Switch or PS4. That's my haul from yesterday, at least.

Tekken 7 PS4 $2 x3, got for replacement cases, giving two disc-only copies to friends, other I'm keeping complete.
Daemon X Machina for 15
LAyton for 9
XCom 2 for 5
Quantum Dream Collection 9
Doom Slayers Collection 9
Monkey King 2
Darksiders Genesis 5

Everything was Switch or PS4. That's my haul from yesterday, at least.
Quantic dream collection with the slip cover is $9!!!???

Took this this morning before work, and im going there in half an hour, marked with red are the ones im getting, marked in green is something i dont know what it is, can some one recognize it? it says GOLD EDITION on the spine.

Any notable bargains in these pics i should grab?

[attachment=34981:1.jpg]

[attachment=34977:2.jpg]

[attachment=34978:3.jpg]

[attachment=34979:4.jpg]

[attachment=34980:5.jpg]

Took this this morning before work, and im going there in half an hour, marked with red are the ones im getting
How much is Sekiro? It's in the clearance section at my WM but for $50. BB is currently selling for $25.

Bloodstained is amazing for fans of SotN. Hope you enjoy.

Took this this morning before work, and im going there in half an hour, marked with red are the ones im getting, marked in green is something i dont know what it is, can some one recognize it? it says GOLD EDITION on the spine.
That's one of the Farming Simulator games. I can't see the year but the shape of the logo looks similar to the one I saw the last time I went there.

Hey how long have this been live? Got 6 in stock at a Walmart 17 miles away. But it’s brickseek so it may not be accurate. Closing at 11 not sure if I should give it a try. Thanks
Just be aware there is this notice on Brickseek:

Disclaimer: We have received reports that some stores have incorrect quantities being reported for this item.

Hey how long have this been live? Got 6 in stock at a Walmart 17 miles away. But it’s brickseek so it may not be accurate. Closing at 11 not sure if I should give it a try. Thanks
A couple walmarts near me show 6+ as well.

Also check slickdeals if it hasn't been posted over there yet. If yeah, don't bother.

Sorry, I don’t have any idea. A friend of mine (other side of the country) sent me the link last night.
Store 35 miles from me shows stock, but I don’t think I’m gonna try for it. I don’t think a TV could even fit in my car.

Sorry, I don’t have any idea. A friend of mine (other side of the country) sent me the link last night.
Store 35 miles from me shows stock, but I don’t think I’m gonna try for it. I don’t think a TV could even fit in my car.
Bungee cords and strap them to the roof?

Website says they are in stock at every walmart in the area for me but at 169.99 at 2 walmarts I would never go to even if it was 50$ and the next has it listed at 250 so meh Nice for those who need a tv for the kids or bedroom. I would have picked this up for my sisters kids to game on in their childrens version of a mancave.

A walmart 3 miles away from me says it has 6+ for that price. Even if I did find it I'd have nowhere to put it in my house and offering it to people on here would be too much of a pain in the ass to even try.

I might still look for it for shits and giggles though because I'll be passing by that specific walmart tomorrow.

So does this mean that y'all have never seen or heard of a rosé wine before?? :roll:

What's weird is that this is a Walmart clearance thread but the link posted was for Target stock check.
It's also the sustainable wine brand that Dave Matthews co-owns. Just wait until these primitive, PBR-drinking heathens discover mezcal con gusano or absinthe sugar spoons.

The Somerdale, NJ store had some nice post-Black Friday clearance drops (all PS4):

Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris $25
Dragon Ball Z Kakarot $20
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice $20
Wasteland 3 $15
The Outer Worlds $15
Desperados III $15
Kingdoms of Amalur $15
Monster Energy Supercross 3 $15
Days Gone $10
Friday the 13th Ultimate Slasher Edition $10
Dragon Ball FighterZ $10
Aladdin/Lion King $10
theHunter: Call of the Wild $10
Monster Jam: Steel Titans $10
Skater XL $10
MX vs ATV All Out $4

Where there’s a will there’s a way. I fit an arcade 1up and inflatable jacuzzi in a 6th green camaro

Found in a couple of Maine Wal-Mart's

PS4 -

Death Stranding $10.00

Days Gone $10.00 

Dragon Ball Fighter Z $10.00

Streets of Rage 4 $15.00 

Friday The 13th The Game $15.00

World War Z $15.00

Zombie Army 4 Dead War $15.00

Switch - 
Astral Chain $15.00

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster $15.00

PS4 -
Death Stranding $10.00
Days Gone $10.00
Streets of Rage 4 $15.00
World War Z $15.00

Switch -
Astral Chain $15.00
Would those prices be the same at all Walmart’s or is this ymmv

Our neighbors found a Paw Patrol ride on toy at Walmart for $35 today. They grabbed it for our daughter for Christmas.
Also had an ATV ride on for $35 also.

Here’s the link for the fire truck: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=800415699

These were in the lawn and garden area at the local store.

EDIT: Here’s the link to the ATV. They were $25. They got the last two at our local store:
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=486031438
Thanks! I can drive that to work!

So does this mean that y'all have never seen or heard of a rosé wine before?? :roll:

What's weird is that this is a Walmart clearance thread but the link posted was for Target stock check.
No,I apparently have been under a rock and never knew such existed. You can keep your sarcasm to yourself very much

PS4 -

Death Stranding $10.00

Days Gone $10.00

Streets of Rage 4 $15.00

World War Z $15.00

Switch -
Astral Chain $15.00

Man, I want Astral Chain for $15. Not in my area, though. 299742004 is the SKU, because there's like 5 entries in Walmart.com for it, lol

bread's done
Back