Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
The Samsung buds are $50 at some walmarts as well
Thanks! Basically every one of the same stores here claims to have those as well, so I'll kill two birds with one stone. Would definitely prefer these to the Razer's but I could also probably just sell the Kishi off if I decide not to keep it (I have a Switch, 3DS's, and Vita, so phone gaming isnt really my thing)

Thanks! Basically every one of the same stores here claims to have those as well, so I'll kill two birds with one stone. Would definitely prefer these to the Razer's but I could also probably just sell the Kishi off if I decide not to keep it (I have a Switch, 3DS's, and Vita, so phone gaming isnt really my thing)
The buds you can actually order online for store pickup if your store shows enough inventory. It looks like that also applies to the controller.

The buds you can actually order online for store pickup if your store shows enough inventory. It looks like that also applies to the controller.
Haha I literally just was about to post that the buds were showing up for pickup. The Controller bundle wasn't at any of my stores though, not sure if that means its sold out or if the stock is low

EDIT: Did a pickup for the Galaxy Buds. Reviews seemed much better across the board, and seemed like they had more features

Haha I literally just was about to post that the buds were showing up for pickup. The Controller bundle wasn't at any of my stores though, not sure if that means its sold out or if the stock is low

EDIT: Did a pickup for the Galaxy Buds. Reviews seemed much better across the board, and seemed like they had more features
yeah, galaxy buds are great for $50. i am hoping the yellow ones drop to $50 as well so i can upgrade from my anker soundcores.

$50 still seems a bit for expensive for these considering its half ass quality. I got a pair with my Note10, and the battery on one of the buds was dead merely days after warranty ran out.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Check your local Walmart game section for clearance. I just got an insane haul. Nhl 20, sims 4 with pets bundle, apex legends bundle, (xbox) and need for speed hot pursuit (switch) for 3 cents each.

Ocarina of time 3ds and everybody golf for $1

Donkey kong tropical freeze for $10

20210114_124701.jpg

Walmart 30 minutes away had 5 Blasters for $1 when I checked this morning. I checked en route on brick seek again and they were gone. Sure enough, someone cleaned them out.

other titles that were clearanced at that walmart that I remember from earlier: 

Daemon x machina, ni no kuni, xcom 2 collection, darksiders, and a bunch of anime games on switch $18

rocket arena ps4 for 3 cents

middle earth shadow of war $1

rage 2 $5

metro exodus $8

super lucky's tale $11

Took a trip to the Richmond, CA (Bay Area) location and found Apex for the PS4. After waiting 15 mins for them to figure out what to do since it rang up for $.03 the MOD told me they couldn't sell it to me and it shouldn't have been on the floor. I could have thrown the consumer rights laws at them but I thought I'd save it for something better later. They said they would pull the other copies off the floor but it was the only one I found.

I did see another Switch Pro Controller with Mario Odyssey in the case. The price on the shelf was $99.

Took a trip to the Richmond, CA (Bay Area) location and found Apex for the PS4. After waiting 15 mins for them to figure out what to do since it rang up for $.03 the MOD told me they couldn't sell it to me and it shouldn't have been on the floor. I could have thrown the consumer rights laws at them but I thought I'd save it for something better later. They said they would pull the other copies off the floor but it was the only one I found.

I did see another Switch Pro Controller with Mario Odyssey in the case. The price on the shelf was $99.
i don't think the consumer rights laws would help unless the item was actually tagged at the $0.03 price?

Octopath for $10 is a nice deal!

But instead I picked up the Octopath Strategy Guide that is so terrible (tips are useless, maps still in japanese, index numbers don't make sense, etc) it will still have an honorary place on shelf... because I liked the game and still enjoy listening to the music.  :drool:

Hope the sequel comes to switch... I remember reading some news it would be a prequel mobile game but hope that isn't the case! 

Octopath for $10 is a nice deal!

But instead I picked up the Octopath Strategy Guide that is so terrible (tips are useless, maps still in japanese, index numbers don't make sense, etc) it will still have an honorary place on shelf... because I liked the game and still enjoy listening to the music. :drool:

Hope the sequel comes to switch... I remember reading some news it would be a prequel mobile game but hope that isn't the case!
Is the Octopath Guide that bad? I was tempted to pick it up when I saw it on Amazon

Nothing to do with clearance but does anyone know why Walmart hasn't been stocking the Devil May Cry V Special Edition?
Late reply. It's probably something as simple as "Walmart just doesn't carry it." Not all stores carry the same merchandise. What Target may sell on it's shelves may not always be what Walmart stock on theirs.

Finally found NFS hot pursuit remastered for the switch at a wapmart by my job for $5, it wasn't on the display case but I asked an employee if the could check the back and I picked up two copies

Y’all have me excited to check some stores. I did a search on brickseek for some other older Switch games and Arms is showing at $10 at some stores. Ymmv of course others show full price but worth checking!

Finally found NFS hot pursuit remastered for the switch at a wapmart by my job for $5, it wasn't on the display case but I asked an employee if the could check the back and I picked up two copies
wapmart, LOL

That would be a new low for Walmart. Seeing some of the women there....ewwww

wapmart, LOL

That would be a new low for Walmart. Seeing some of the women there....ewwww
No stallions. Just heifers. :shock:
I don't know what you guys are talking about, because I actively refuse to acknowledge any brain-dead version of WAP that isn't "Well-Armed Peasants." And I could totally get behind THAT Wapmart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y41tdYb5u5U

Octopath for $10 seems somewhat widespread (for Walmart clearance). About half the stores near me have it at that price.
All the stores near me have it for that price in Brickseek but none of them actually have any copies (despite some of them saying they have stock). They don't even have a spot for it on the shelf anymore. However, I can order it for pickup on Walmart.com from a couple stores, so I don't know if that means they actually do have stock or what. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

All the stores near me have it for that price in Brickseek but none of them actually have any copies (despite some of them saying they have stock). They don't even have a spot for it on the shelf anymore. However, I can order it for pickup on Walmart.com from a couple stores, so I don't know if that means they actually do have stock or what. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.
Might be in the back

So that is still a thing? I thought they usually answer something like "if we have something it will be on the floor" if you ask if they have something in the back
Depends on the employee and store. I asked a guy today about a game I couldn't find and he went looking in the back and found it

they say that because they dont want to go look for it
Depends on the employee and store. I asked a guy today about a game I couldn't find and he went looking in the back and found it
Well, guess I will have to start being more "annoying", at least sometimes.

In other news, I was just able to get a copy of Octopath from one of the Walmarts for $10 online. One of my Walmarts is showing $49.98 on the website but $10 in Brickseek, but I somehow switched to the other one on Walmart.com and bam it was actually $10 on the site. This was one of the ones that had 0 copies anywhere that I could see (although "limited stock" on Brickseek, and "1 copy" on Walmart.com) so hopefully they really did have one in the back.

Every walmart in my general area has Octopath for $10 except the store in my actual town, still $50 lol. I want the game but don't want to drive like 30 miles just to get one game. Hopefully my store will clearance it at some point.

Is the Octopath Guide that bad? I was tempted to pick it up when I saw it on Amazon
Yea, as a walkthrough it is a pretty terrible. "Stagger the boss!"... ok! But as an trip through memory lane and seeing some concept art and pixels it isn't too bad. O:) I'm pretty picky in the RPGs I'd waste my time on these days, so when I find one I like, I tend to want it on the shelf (For example: Xenogears was great, Xenosaga was bleh, Xenoblade was meh = I only have Xenogears on my shelf)

Yea, as a walkthrough it is a pretty terrible. "Stagger the boss!"... ok! But as an trip through memory lane and seeing some concept art and pixels it isn't too bad. O:) I'm pretty picky in the RPGs I'd waste my time on these days, so when I find one I like, I tend to want it on the shelf (For example: Xenogears was great, Xenosaga was bleh, Xenoblade was meh = I only have Xenogears on my shelf)
I sold gears myself since it went for $91 I think. I didn't care much for gears or saga. Haven't touched any of the 3 versions of blade yet. That and x are in my backlog. Have yet to been able to find a copy of xenoblade 2 in the wild. That one seems to have prettymuch vanished.

bread's done
Back