Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a copy of Xenoblade tonight... the walmart app/upc scanner showed $49 but i asked him to double check at the register and it rang up $10 there, just an FYI :)
My store still has all the games posted on here ringing at original price. Walmart is so trash they can’t even clearance right. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know about all these games that you guys found, but I picked up what was there.

NHL 16 (X1) - 3 cents

NHL 17 (X1) - 3 cents

Prey (X1) - $1

Ark: Evolved (PS4) - $5

Skyrim (PS4) - $5

The Sims (PS4) - $5

I didn't even need the sports games.  I just wanted to be able to say that I bought a 3 cent game.  But I might play them later to get the achievements that qualify for the 50 Microsoft Rewards points a day or just re-use the cases.

Forgot a few I don't believe I've seen anyone post yet. There was Fifa 20 PS4 for $5 and Black Ops 4 PS4 for $10

I didn't know about all these games that you guys found, but I picked up what was there.

NHL 16 (X1) - 3 cents
NHL 17 (X1) - 3 cents
Prey (X1) - $1
Skyrim (PS4) - $5
The Sims (PS4) - $5

I didn't even need the sports games. I just wanted to be able to say that I bought a 3 cent game. But I might play them later to get the achievements that qualify for the 50 Microsoft Rewards points a day or just re-use the cases.
Swung by my store, had FIFA 19 and Rocket Arena: Mythic Edition for $0.03 as well. They had a limit of 2 per title.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Wow thanks so much for this! I'll list everything I picked up my Wal Mart had for additional clearanced games for ppl to check if their Wal Mart has the same prices.
Switch:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore - $10
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - $10
Xbox One :
Rocket Arena Mythic Edition - $0.03
3DS :
Super Smash bros - $5.00
Zelda Ocarina of Time - $5.00
Wii :
Just Dance 2020 - $5.00
Wii U :
Zelda Breath of the Wild - $5.00
PS4 : All $5
Quantic Dream Collection
Playerunknowns Battlegrounds
Spyro
Skyrim
Sims 4

Halfway through i realized i should've listed them like how i did the PS4 games but oh well lol
For the heck of it I looked and the one walmart has it (breath of the wild wiiu) near me for 5. so thank you for sharing this deal. ^_^

For those looking for .03 cent rocket arena anyone near middlefield ohio they have it in stock at that walmart according to brickseek.

I finally had some luck at my local stores and was able to grab these games this afternoon:

Switch:
$5 - Aladdin/Lion King
$10 - Octopath Traveller
$5 - Tokyo Mirage Sessions

$10 - Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

PS4:

$5 - Ark: Survival Evolved
$15 - Ni No Kuni Remastered

$5 - The Sims 4
$5 - Skyrim
$5 - Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Wii:
$5 - Just Dance 2020

I know it was a joke but serious response would be credit cards and or paypal interest free pay in 4 loans.
You can say that about any business though.

It was only slightly a joke either way. I resell, it's my career, I make good money. I know not everyone does but I'm not in debt or took out loans to resell. I don't know any other resell that did either.

What's the saying, gotta spend money to make money right.

Don’t wanna deal with employees, having to make them open the cage and scan some games. How are u guys checking the prices at local stores? I mainly am looking for quantic dream collection, Spyro PS4 and streets of rage 4

You can say that about any business though.

It was only slightly a joke either way. I resell, it's my career, I make good money. I know not everyone does but I'm not in debt or took out loans to resell. I don't know any other resell that did either.

What's the saying, gotta spend money to make money right.
Keeping track of all the receipts in order to do your taxes must be a chore. What software do you use?

Don’t wanna deal with employees, having to make them open the cage and scan some games. How are u guys checking the prices at local stores? I mainly am looking for quantic dream collection, Spyro PS4 and streets of rage 4
I scan the tags with the walmart app and/or use brickseek to cross check

Where are these games located? Are they behind the glass or on an endcap marked for clearance? I went to a local Walmart this morning and found nothing. The only game on an endcap marked for clearance was Nioh 2 at $25.

Where are these games located? Are they behind the glass or on an endcap marked for clearance? I went to a local Walmart this morning and found nothing. The only game on an endcap marked for clearance was Nioh 2 at $25.
When I found them there were in the case. Sometimes still on the rack, sometimes part of a pile at the bottom of the case,

Store by me dropped the price for tokyo mirage and xenoblade recently as it wasn't $10 earlier this morning

anyone try redeeming tokyo mirage for coins? looks like its a few days past a year lol

Brickseek showed 6 copies of Xenoblade and 3 Tokyo Mirage. Gone by the time I got there two hours after open. Did manage some $5 Spyros and Sims. Woo~

They can be almost anywhere, very ymmv. Just depends on how diligent your store is about actually gathering up the clearance games and putting them on a dedicated shelf. At my local store they tend to only do it like 2 times a year, maybe. So most of the time any games are just in the normal glass case.

I always get super excited when I see this kind of stuff in the Walmart clearance thread. Headed to my local Wally world and everything is full price. Octopath traveler, 60 bucks, xenoblade, 60 bucks... etc...the YMMV aspect of these sales kills me.

I always get super excited when I see this kind of stuff in the Walmart clearance thread. Headed to my local Wally world and everything is full price. Octopath traveler, 60 bucks, xenoblade, 60 bucks... etc...the YMMV aspect of these sales kills me.
i dont go to walmart unless brickseek or the walmart app show the clearance price.

I have an extra Xenoblade & TMS if any one has an extra Octopath, Ni No Kuni or Diablo. Just Fyi The Hiram GA store still has 3 of each left. They were in the case with the normal games. Xenoblade is marked at full price, but TMS didn't have a price, both scanned at the discounted price though. 

edit: TMS is gone.

Hey guys, I know it might seem insensitive to grab a bunch at a store. But if your intentions are not to resell them, feel free to grab some extras and let others know on here. For example, I could have an extra Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, but might want Xenoblade. I'd be willing to swap and just pay shipping. Or someone may want to offer them at cost + shipping.

There is still a pandemic going on, so not only is driving to a Walmart far away to take a chance a big gamble and potential waste of time, but we don't want to encourage people to put themselves in situations where they could become sick.

Edit: If you are planning on making a trip to a store that shows 6+ Xenoblades, etc. you may want to post that on here and ask if anyone wants a copy. This way you can work it out with the person first if you find an extra,

Hey guys, I know it might seem insensitive to grab a bunch at a store. But if your intentions are not to resell them, feel free to grab some extras and let others know on here. For example, I could have an extra Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, but might want Xenoblade. I'd be willing to swap and just pay shipping. Or someone may want to offer them at cost + shipping.

There is still a pandemic going on, so not only is driving to a Walmart far away to take a chance a big gamble and potential waste of time, but we don't want to encourage people to put themselves in situations where they could become sick.

Edit: If you are planning on making a trip to a store that shows 6+ Xenoblades, etc. you may want to post that on here and ask if anyone wants a copy. This way you can work it out with the person first if you find an extra,
The rarer switch games right now seem to be Octopath, DK and Arms. If you see multiple of those you could easily trade for Tokyo or Xenoblade.

This. I'd happily pay double cost for some of those 3DS titles and Switch titles and cover shipping, but I'm just not up for the wild goose chase at this time.

Just got back from my local & was able to nab the following for the Switch,

Octopath Travler (I picked up a copy earlier in the week but found another, unmarked)

Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch (lone copy, unmarked)

Xenoblade Chronicles Remastered (they had two, marked at full)

2x Aladin lion king combo (had quite a few, marked at full)

Had to rumage around to find them save the Aladin.

The several like 10 of Tokyo Mirage they had in a box display away from the game cases earlier in the week that were marked for $25, along with a few other clearance marked titles were gone.

It's been a long while since I've been able to find anything locally, so it was nice.  Plan on giving a copy of the Aladin/Lion King & maybe a Octopath to my niece.  Rest are mine....... now I just need a Switch to play them lol

can't decide if aladdin / lion king is worth $5 when xenoblade and tokyo mirage are $10 lol
Do you have any strong nostalgia for either game or the Disney movies?

I picked up Aladdin/Lion King up cheap Best Buy last year and I was pretty disappointed. I didn't have very strong nostalgia for either game which just leaves you two fairly run of the mill platformers.

Scored a copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions at a different Walmart today but they didn't have octopath. Dang. All the other games that are supposed to be on sale were full price here.

I picked up Aladdin/Lion King up cheap Best Buy last year and I was pretty disappointed. I didn't have very strong nostalgia for either game which just leaves you two fairly run of the mill platformers.
Aladdin Genesis vs SNES are different games Lion King is the same across the boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not really. i remember playing aladdin

bread's done
Back