Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to one of the stores late this evening, only to get there 5 mins after close (10pm) even though they are open until 11pm according to Google.

Security clerks said it's due to COVID regulations within the city, doh!

It's still bad customer service. Good customer service would be the store pulling those games from the shelf once they drop to $0.03. Bad customer service is waiting until a customer brings it up to purchase and then denying a sale. They have a right to refuse a sale but it's still bad service to do that for the customer.
What I think actually makes it bad is that it's very common for the stores to actually update the tags to show 3 cents, then they still will deny the sell when someone finds the game and tries to buy it. I think of it more as bad employee training and management more then anything else.

On that topic though, did what I said I was gonna do and it worked no problem. Went when they opened this morning and picked up every 3 cent 360/PS3 game I wanted and just went to self checkout. Someone must have figured it out though as I checked brickseek a couple hours later and all the games now show out of stock. Doubt someone else bought them considering how small this town is. I mean it took the store over a week to sell all the $10 Xenoblades and there was only like 6 of them.

What I think actually makes it bad is that it's very common for the stores to actually update the tags to show 3 cents, then they still will deny the sell when someone finds the game and tries to buy it. I think of it more as bad employee training and management more then anything else.

On that topic though, did what I said I was gonna do and it worked no problem. Went when they opened this morning and picked up every 3 cent 360/PS3 game I wanted and just went to self checkout. Someone must have figured it out though as I checked brickseek a couple hours later and all the games now show out of stock. Doubt someone else bought them considering how small this town is. I mean it took the store over a week to sell all the $10 Xenoblades and there was only like 6 of them.
I dont know if someone might of figured it out, but I noticed sometimes on Brickseek that when I buy a game that has multiple copies for some clearance price, that it will show out of stock when I get into my car even tho there is 1-2 copies left

Seen it happen plenty of times, so Im guessing they would still be there but only showing out of stock on Brickseek when u bought your copy

I dont know if someone might of figured it out, but I noticed sometimes on Brickseek that when I buy a game that has multiple copies for some clearance price, that it will show out of stock when I get into my car even tho there is 1-2 copies left

Seen it happen plenty of times, so Im guessing they would still be there but only showing out of stock on Brickseek when u bought your copy
walmart has inventory issues. i have returned items before and they never came back in stock even though i saw them in their game case a few days later

Final haul
Xenoblade 10$
Ni No Kuni Swtich 5$
Yokai Watch 2 both versions 1$ each
Bravely Second 1$
Code name S.T.E.A.M 1$
Tokyo Mirage Sessions Wii U 1$
Dark Souls Remastered xbone 11$
Hitman the first season steelbook 11$
x6 WD 2TB hard drives (for me and friends) 17$ each
link to wd 2tb?

My haul today after work.  Xenoblade Chronicles $10, Disney Classics $5, Diablo 3 (X1) $5, Assassin Creed: A Collection $5, Ni No Kuni (S) $5 and COD: Black Ops 4 (PS4) $5 .  It's good Sunday :)

Okay multiple things, 

1) If nothing has dropped at your store, keep looking. One store around just dropped the prices this afternoon.
2) Hunting simulator (X1),Final fantasy Type-0 HD (X1),MGS V: The Phantom pain (X360) are .03 cents
3) I have an extra Tokyo Mirage & Xenoblade (switch) for sale. Nothing steep, just bit extra and shipping (SOLD)
4) I will trade Darksiders WE for Need for speed hot pursuit.

How much do you want for Tokyo Mirage and Xenoblade?

Okay multiple things,

1) If nothing has dropped at your store, keep looking. One store around just dropped the prices this afternoon.

2) Hunting simulator (X1),Final fantasy Type-0 HD (X1),MGS V: The Phantom pain (X360) are .03 cents

3) I have an extra Tokyo Mirage & Xenoblade (switch) for sale. Nothing steep, just bit extra and shipping

4) I will trade Darksiders WE for Need for speed hot pursuit.

Found some games this morning at two different locations, not sure if all have been posted yet.

PS4

Control $5

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare - $3

Friday the 13th Ultimate Slasher Edition - $5

Madden 19 - 3 cents

Xbox one

Crackdown 3 - $3.50

Madden 18 - 3 cents

NBA Live 19 - 3 cents

Switch

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - $10

Tokyo Mirage Session FE $10

3DS

Super Smash Bros - $5

Zelda Majora's MAsk - $5

Madden 18 for PS4 was marked as 3 cents but sold out

Captain Toad for switch was marked $5 but also sold out

Mario Maker for 3DS was marked $5 but sold out

I grabbed extra copies of Majora's Mask/Super Smash Bros for 3ds, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions/Xenoblade for Switch. Would like to trade for ARMS and Mario Maker 3DS if anyone has extras. If not will offer up extra copies here for people.
I have extra copy of Mario Maker 3DS. Will you trade for Xenoblade?

Keep checking BS. Two more Walmarts near me dropped prices on Xenoblade & Ni no Kuni (which I want) around an hour ago. So I'm going to make a couple of trips in the morning. 

Is BS inventory reliable?

It says tokyo mirage is 6+ at a walmart 30 minutes away but I don't want to waste a trip for nothing.

Is BS inventory reliable?

It says tokyo mirage is 6+ at a walmart 30 minutes away but I don't want to waste a trip for nothing.
I'd say there is a good chance. If you don't find it, just start looking at the other games we have been finding and scan them with the Walmart app to check the price.

Edit: If it was limited, I would not go.

Well I had a walmart that had xenoblade say 6+ and when I went, there were none. It still said 6+ until over a day later too.

Yep. That's why I said it can be hit or miss.
it's possible the employees were holding them or they were in the back. Walmart also sucks at inventory. I've been watching a stores inventory to see if aladdin ever goes oos but at this point i am just going to assume their inventory is wrong

I went to one today that Brickseek listed Tokyo Mirage Session on Switch for $10 with 2-3 copies. There were none out so the clerk checked his phone then said he would check in the back. He came out with 1. Another shopper showed up and saw the clerk holding it and asked if he had more. The clerk went to the back and pulled out a box of random games. They ended up having 4 copies total, with lots of other games, but nothing notable from what I saw.

I also picked up Ni no Kuni and Majora’s Mask 3D for $5 each!

If anyone has extras copies of Captain Toad, 1-2 Switch, Burnout Paradise Remastered, Daemon X Machina, Hot Pursuit Remastered, Ni No Kuni, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions for the Switch, please let me know!

All the Walmarts in the North Jersey area have been picked clean.

Went to Saddle Brook, NJ and only found a ton of 3¢ games for the 360 including DOOM 3 BFF Edition, Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY, Sims 3, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed The Run, Sniper Ghost Warrior, and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Went to Teterboro, NJ and only found 2 copies of Sims 4 & Star Wars DLC for $5 and another copy of Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Went to North Bergen, NJ and they only had 3 copies of Rocket Arena

Went to Secaucus, NJ and they were picked clean

I’ve not found any of the games on clearance. It seems like my store hasn’t clearanced many of them out yet. Even some of the 3DS games are still full price and not lowered.

I guess I’ll have to try to check brickseek every day or 2 in the hopes I can grab them once they do decide to drop the price.

Is there a specific day Wal Mart typically does price drops for clearance items?

If anyone has any extras they are looking to sell at a small profit send me a PM and let me know what you have.

Looking for a copy of Tokyo Mirage, willing to buy it trade. I have Captain Toad + DLC and a indie games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brickseek is showing some Tokyo Mirage Session in stock at a few of my stores if anyone wants one and has something for trade/buy let me know...only system i have is Xbox

i got 2x copies of wasteland 3 ps4 up for grabs, they were $16.05 each after tax and a copy of spyro trilogy ps4 that was $5.35 after tax. cost+little extra+shipping. pm me if anyone is interested

Final haul
Xenoblade 10$
Ni No Kuni Swtich 5$
Yokai Watch 2 both versions 1$ each
Bravely Second 1$
Code name S.T.E.A.M 1$
Tokyo Mirage Sessions Wii U 1$
Dark Souls Remastered xbone 11$
Hitman the first season steelbook 11$
x6 WD 2TB hard drives (for me and friends) 17$ each
Have the sku or model of 2TB?

I'm still looking for a Tokyo Mirage Sessions :( I have these to trade

Diablo 3 Ultimate Xbox One
Spyro Trilogy Ps4
Zelda Majora's Mask 3DS
Lion King Aladdin Switch
ARK Survival Ps4
Smash Bros 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles Switch

I'm sad I'm only just now finding out about all this. Saw Octopath still available so I came and checked and it's not on the floor anywhere, didn't wanna bother an associate to hunt down one game so I left.
Seeing that $10 tag for Xenoblade hurt my heart let me tell ya lmao

If anyone has extras copies of Captain Toad, 1-2 Switch, Burnout Paradise Remastered, Daemon X Machina, Hot Pursuit Remastered, Ni No Kuni, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions for the Switch, please let me know!

All the Walmarts in the North Jersey area have been picked clean.

Went to Saddle Brook, NJ and only found a ton of 3¢ games for the 360 including DOOM 3 BFF Edition, Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY, Sims 3, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed The Run, Sniper Ghost Warrior, and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Went to Teterboro, NJ and only found 2 copies of Sims 4 & Star Wars DLC for $5 and another copy of Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Went to North Bergen, NJ and they only had 3 copies of Rocket Arena

Went to Secaucus, NJ and they were picked clean
I went to Saddle Brook last Friday and didn't even look at the 360 games lol

I found a random copy of Tokyo Mirage last Friday in Secaucus hiding amongst the rows of PS4/Xbox One games. Pure luck.

Everything was cleaned out by the afternoon. I saw people at Garfield, Saddle Brook, Teterboro, Secaucus looking for the clearance games when I went. It's tough to get good clearance in North Jersey nowadays. I don't even bother with NB anymore.

And both Garfield & Teterboro are lame. They have most of the games on clearance, but are not marked down. They still have Minecraft 3ds at 29.99...

I'm sad I'm only just now finding out about all this. Saw Octopath still available so I came and checked and it's not on the floor anywhere, didn't wanna bother an associate to hunt down one game so I left.
Seeing that $10 tag for Xenoblade hurt my heart let me tell ya lmao
Yep on xenoblade that hurt given that I paid the 50 for it when it came out. I paid 30 for octopath at target since they have their 50% off sale going till the end of the month. And 2-3 days later the 10$ walmart stuff happened. So if any of you cannot find a 10$ copy at walmart the 30$ ones at target are still seemingly plentiful.

Every Walmart I’ve been to that shows Tokoyo Mirage Sessions as in stock and at $10 on brickseek has not had it.

Finally found a Xenoblade. Yay.

Another game to look out for, haven't seen it mentioned.

Assassin's creed odyssey ps4 is $5 at one store around here.
Thanks for the heads up on that one. My kids have been asking for it for the PS4, as I already have it on the PC. Not at the $5 price point here yet, but plenty of places have it. Hopefully a drop will be coming soon.

My store dropped some prices today. Most games still full price.

Picked up:
Ni no kuni $5
Xenoblade $10
Aladdin/Lion King $5
Fallout New Vegas .03

They limited me to 1 per game, was hoping to get you folks a couple. So somewhere in Ohio there are 9 Xenoblades and two each of the others left. Prices dropped sometime after my first trip out this morning. Several Octopath at full price, I think they restocked these as I don't recall seeing them a couple days ago. No 3ds or PS4 clearance.

1 copy left of Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition at the Hayden Meadows Dr store in Portland, OR.
I wish you had grabbed it! I’m the one who was digging through that random “box from the back” with you at the Tigard store last night. Small world.

bread's done
Back