Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that were asking, I have updated the recent link dump post here with the new games that people have found in the time between that post and this one. Although that list is almost only video game related, please make sure to check out ThatOneGuyWho's excellent posts here and here for other great deals. I myself am still on a mission to find all of the PS4 and Switch games I've been looking for, while also trying to keep an eye out for extras for other people that have had no luck in their areas. Happy hunting, CAGs!

I show my store has copies of Tropical Freeze, but on Brickseek I get a message that there are none in my area. Does those normally ring up at the clearance price or full price?
The search for that game does not work on Brickseek. Anyway I wouldn't get your hopes up. Chances are it's still full price. Clearance pricing on DKC: Tropical Freeze seems to be very uncommon.

Stopped at the West Kendall Walmart in Miami. Shelves were stocked but none of them seems.to be discounted. I did noticed different colored stickers on some games , not sure what they were for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's something fascinating I just noticed.  The prices for the big fish, Xenoblade Chronicles anyways, are going back up.  Now, even though they are all showing as out of stock, brickseek only shows 1 location still listed at $10, with the rest of them back up to $49.94.   I just checked Octopath and Toyko Mirage, and those are still majority $10, but for some reason, Xenoblade is back up across board.  Is that the same for everyone else?

Here's something fascinating I just noticed. The prices for the big fish, Xenoblade Chronicles anyways, are going back up. Now, even though they are all showing as out of stock, brickseek only shows 1 location still listed at $10, with the rest of them back up to $49.94. I just checked Octopath and Toyko Mirage, and those are still majority $10, but for some reason, Xenoblade is back up across board. Is that the same for everyone else?
i saw that with tokyo when they did the $25 clearance awhile back

Here's something fascinating I just noticed. The prices for the big fish, Xenoblade Chronicles anyways, are going back up. Now, even though they are all showing as out of stock, brickseek only shows 1 location still listed at $10, with the rest of them back up to $49.94. I just checked Octopath and Toyko Mirage, and those are still majority $10, but for some reason, Xenoblade is back up across board. Is that the same for everyone else?
Yeah I've been seeing similar around here. Yesterday octopath 100% vanished from all stores around here on bs. Then a few hours later, there were five stores showing "limited stock" at $49.94.

Well well I see that xenoblade magically switched to 10$ today at my local store and is now saying out of stock.  I wonder if they got all bought up or not.

Picked up some PS4 games while I was on the south side today. Spyro Collection for $5, Man of Medan for 4$ & Monkey King for $4. They also had a stack of the Sims 4 at $5 & a bunch of Sports games for 3 cents. I passed on those though. 

Picked up some PS4 games while I was on the south side today. Spyro Collection for $5, Man of Medan for 4$ & Monkey King for $4. They also had a stack of the Sims 4 at $5 & a bunch of Sports games for 3 cents. I passed on those though.
I actually can't physically resist the allure of a 3 cent game no matter how shitty it is, I'm drawn to it like a magnet

Xenoblade and Octopath were clearly marked at $10 at the store I went to but it rang up as $49 and they refused to sell it for the marked price and ripped the stickers off in front of me. I checked a few DS games that were marked as full price and they also rang up full price. The guy did say that they all rang up as clearance yesterday and said that several people bought most of the games, including $0.03 games. Ironically I went to another store and Xenoblade was marked as full price but rang up as $10. Looks like the fun might be over for some stores. Several of the games that Brickseek claimed to have in stock also were nowhere to be found.
That's such bullshit. Years ago when Other M for the Wii was 3 cents it rang up 3 cents but the tag said $39. They wouldn't let me have it for 3 cents even when it was clearly ringing up at that price. It's like, no matter what they'll always come up with an excuse to charge you the higher price.

I'm seeing the same thing for Xenoblade. Only 2 stores in my area still show the $10 price and several stores that previously had it for $10 are now showing the $49.94 price.

I think either someone uptop in corporate/some algorithm saw the demand the games are having and jacked the prices back up or they weren't actually on clearance. Something on clearance is usually on clearance because its the last couple units of something that's not going to be replenished, you don't suddenly fuckin get more copies of something that's supposed to be on clearance.

Like a fool, I broke my “never trust brickseek” rule and went to Walmart today. One empty slot for Xenoblade Chronicles at $10, and absolutely nothing in stock.

I was following the price of Octopath Traveler at one store close by me on brickseek for the past week. I checked it 20 minutes before the store closed at around 10:40pm and saw it finally dropped to 10 bucks. I just checked the price again right now at 12:42am and it's out of stock. Brickseek said they had 2-3 copies left when it was $49.94 so either someone drove there last second and grabbed up all the copies before they closed or employees bought them all when they closed. Shame. Tokyo Mirage also went to 10 bucks but BS still says 6+ copies left. Gonna try to stop by at around 6am to see what I can get.

Just a Saturday morning check-in to see what ridiculously good Switch game I can get for $10 this weekend.

Sucks if the fun is over. I've gotten Arms, Pokken Tournament, Octopath, Tokyo Mirage, and Xenoblade for $50 total.

Okay so I just came back from the walmart I said I was going to go to. Was one of the first people to walk in when they opened. First game I saw was Diablo Eternal Collection, scanned it with the app and came up $5. It was $29.83 last night and now as I looked at brickseek just now it says $5 and Out of Stock So that was fast because there was at least one more copy when I left. Looked all over for the 3 cent 360 games and just as I was about to give up I find them all in a box next to the photo processing corner about to be labeled for 3 cents. Got one copy of NFS Hot Pursuit and The Run, Sniper: Ghost Warrior and The Sims 3. I was gonna get Doom 3 but couldn't find the 360 version, only found the XBO/360 compatible version and I forgot to ask to scan it to see if it was 3 cents. They had a bunch of copies of Sonic Unleashed and Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. Checked Brickseek and Sonic Unleashed is still $12.88 while Mortal Kombat vs DC is 3 cents. They had at a ton of copies of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for the switch. It doesn't show up on Brickseek but I scanned it with the app and it came up full price. Was gonna buy Final Fantasy X/X-2 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions but couldn't find Final Fantasy even after asking the employee if she could move the stack of Switch games they had at the bottom of the display to see and according to Brickseek they're supposed to have 2-3 copies, oh well. I did manage to get 3 copies of Tokyo Mirage Sessions though. Left at least four more on the display for other people.

Willing to Trade 2 of my copies of Tokyo Mirage Sessions for 1 copy of Octopath Traveler and 1 copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Now to sleep.

Okay so I just came back from the walmart I said I was going to go to. Was one of the first people to walk in when they opened. First game I saw was Diablo Eternal Collection, scanned it with the app and came up $5. It was $29.83 last night and now as I looked at brickseek just now it says $5 and Out of Stock So that was fast because there was at least one more copy when I left. Looked all over for the 3 cent 360 games and just as I was about to give up I find them all in a box next to the photo processing corner about to be labeled for 3 cents. Got one copy of NFS Hot Pursuit and The Run, Sniper: Ghost Warrior and The Sims 3. I was gonna get Doom 3 but couldn't find the 360 version, only found the XBO/360 compatible version and I forgot to ask to scan it to see if it was 3 cents. They had a bunch of copies of Sonic Unleashed and Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. Checked Brickseek and Sonic Unleashed is still $12.88 while Mortal Kombat vs DC is 3 cents. They had at a ton of copies of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for the switch. It doesn't show up on Brickseek but I scanned it with the app and it came up full price. Was gonna buy Final Fantasy X/X-2 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions but couldn't find Final Fantasy even after asking the employee if she could move the stack of Switch games they had at the bottom of the display to see and according to Brickseek they're supposed to have 2-3 copies, oh well. I did manage to get 3 copies of Tokyo Mirage Sessions though. Left at least four more on the display for other people.

Willing to Trade 2 of my copies of Tokyo Mirage Sessions for 1 copy of Octopath Traveler and 1 copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Now to sleep.
That Doom 3 BFG in the Xbox one case is $0.03 I got 2 of them

Hey, my Walmart has several copies of bravely second on display however it doesn't show up as available stock in either brickseek or walmart's app. It rang up as MSRP price. Since this Walmart's own app inventory doesn't realize this game is in stock, will it never go to clearance price?

How does each individual Walmart determine when a game gets a clearance price?

If its not scanning in stock and is still saying full price I've read it won't drop.
That sucks. I found a Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered for Switch and it rings up $33.88. But it shows sold out on the app and brickseek. Guess I wont be getting if for $5 like the other stores had it.

Manager would have to manually discount it to whatever they choose.

Side note, last Feb a local Walmart marked things like Dragon Quest XI, Octopath, Xenoblade 2, Witcher , Skyrim for switch and others down to 20 or even 10. Not sure why, managed to pick up a few but most were already cleaned out.

Went to a store yesterday where they were marking all their clearance Xbox games. They had already done Switch games earlier in the week. Picked up Diablo Eternal Edition on XB1 for $5 and NHL 20 for $.03. Oddly enough, NHL 19 was $5 and NHL 18 was $7. Might go back today to see if they got to the PS4 games. I told the lady marking them she should mark the spines of the games since she just stacked them back in the case so no one could read the stickers anyways. Maybe she did that for the PS4 games.

Some stores have 6+ listed in stock but the games are literally nowhere to be found. I wonder if employees are stashing them somewhere.
did you ask anyone? one store i go to has all the crap in the back as they don't stack the nintendo games on the bottom of the cabinet like they do with sony and xbox.

That's such bullshit. Years ago when Other M for the Wii was 3 cents it rang up 3 cents but the tag said $39. They wouldn't let me have it for 3 cents even when it was clearly ringing up at that price. It's like, no matter what they'll always come up with an excuse to charge you the higher price.
I've never had this actually happen to me but it still annoys me to read about. Why do these Walmart employees care so much? If I worked there I would sell 3 cent games all day and I would do it gladly. Unless they were specifically threatened with being fired for doing it before or something, then I don't get it. Denying a sale to a customer when you clearly have plausible deniability in the worst case scenario that someone starts questioning you about it ("it was marked for that price"/"it rang up at that price"), for what, so you can defend the profits of the giant corporation? You care about Walmart that much bro?

I just checked Brickseek for Final Fantasy x-1/x-2 and now the same store I went to this morning that said only had 2-3 copies now says 6+ copies. :booty: :baby:

I've never had this actually happen to me but it still annoys me to read about. Why do these Walmart employees care so much? If I worked there I would sell 3 cent games all day and I would do it gladly. Unless they were specifically threatened with being fired for doing it before or something, then I don't get it. Denying a sale to a customer when you clearly have plausible deniability in the worst case scenario that someone starts questioning you about it ("it was marked for that price"/"it rang up at that price"), for what, so you can defend the profits of the giant corporation? You care about Walmart that much bro?
if what i read is correct, 3 cent items are supposed to be pulled so it's possible that they've been threatened

My Xenoblade Collection is completed.  Xenoblade Chronicles ($10 at WM), XC 2 ($20 at Target) XC 2: Torna ($20 at Target).   It's sad to see physical version on expansion had lowest print and NOW is OOP.  I guess i will pick up digital version on sale in the future & keep my sealed copy secured :)

My Xenoblade Collection is completed. Xenoblade Chronicles ($10 at WM), XC 2 ($20 at Target) XC 2: Torna ($20 at Target). It's sad to see physical version on expansion had lowest print and NOW is OOP. I guess i will pick up digital version on sale in the future & keep my sealed copy secured :)
Or, you know, you could play the physical copy that you have.

I also picked up Torna when it was on sale for $20 at Target and have no regrets whatsoever about opening and playing my copy. If I was that serious about collecting (and I've taken this path, from time to time), I would have bought two copies of each game: one to play and one to keep sealed. I'm content having the LE for both main games and a physical copy of Torna, as well as physical copies for the Wii (original print run) and 3DS.

My Xenoblade Collection is completed. Xenoblade Chronicles ($10 at WM), XC 2 ($20 at Target) XC 2: Torna ($20 at Target). It's sad to see physical version on expansion had lowest print and NOW is OOP. I guess i will pick up digital version on sale in the future & keep my sealed copy secured :)
You forgot Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on 3DS! I had a local GS that had a few sealed 3DS games (mostly greatest hits unfortunately), so you can always ask around.

Also there is a rumor that Xenoblade Chronicles X will be re-released on the Switch eventually, so a complete copy of that on Wii is going to be harder to find. The flip-side cover art is nice! Most of the last-gen Chronicles set with cases can still be found with some work can typically good filler with the 50% promos :shock: I too like keeping a few sealed copies and then a spare physical to play / display on the shelf.

bread's done
Back