Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I went into a Walmart today and randomly stumbled across the xbox 360 version of Red Dead Undead nightmare. I price checked it on my phone, and it was the .03 that people have been saying on this thread. Of course it was in the clear protective case so I went to the self checkout and tried to ring it up. Of course someone needed to see my ID and open it as it was rated M and I showed my ID. Once she plugged it in, she saw it was .03 cents and was like "Nope, this cant be right. I have to talk to my Manager". So I waited and they proceeded to tell me that it rang up at 12 dollars the other day and they were adamant about not letting it go for .03 cents.

How do you combat this? I've never gotten a 3 cent deal to this day. :(

I went into a Walmart today and randomly stumbled across the xbox 360 version of Red Dead Undead nightmare. I price checked it on my phone, and it was the .03 that people have been saying on this thread. Of course it was in the clear protective case so I went to the self checkout and tried to ring it up. Of course someone needed to see my ID and open it as it was rated M and I showed my ID. Once she plugged it in, she saw it was .03 cents and was like "Nope, this cant be right. I have to talk to my Manager". So I waited and they proceeded to tell me that it rang up at 12 dollars the other day and they were adamant about not letting it go for .03 cents.
You need to do the beer trick :)

Get beer or wine, or if you don't drink or are between the ages of 18 and 20, get an R rated movie or another cheap Mature game. Scan those first so they have to check your ID and enter that you are over 18 (beer covers this since 21 or older). Then scan the $.03 game after they leave. Pay for your stuff, grab your receipt and then ask them to take the games out of the case.

If they give you trouble, ask to see a manager and prove the price IS $.03 by scanning the game on your phone's Walmart app and showing them the receipt that you have already paid for everything.

As for the beer or movie/game you bought, enjoy the beer or go immediately to Customer Service to return the extra game/movie.

Check your Consumer Protection Rights and have that ready the next time. Retailers can get heavily fined for not selling it to you for the lower of the tagged price or what it rings up for. Usually, if it's something that priced as something that should have been removed from the floor and they neglect to remove it, they pay the consequence of having to sell it to you for that price. Of course, I'm using California laws and your state laws may vary. It also depends on how badly you want the game.

Two examples:

I went to a supermarket and saw a pack of mini muffins with a display sign for $x.xx. It rang up for a lot more. I informed the cashier and had the manager check the display. It was verified. I was thinking they would just adjust the register price but after a few minutes, they gave me cash for the value of the display and the pack of mini muffins for free. It's much cheaper to do that then having to pay the fines. I would have been happy if they just adjusted the price.

A few weeks ago, I went to a Walmart and was denied the $0.03 price. I could have argued and reported but it wasn't a game I really wanted anyways so I let it go. I went back the next day and saw a different game for $0.03, a different cashier this time just sold it to me no issues. If I had reported the previous issue, they might have told management or corp and might have had all the Walmarts in my area do a clean-up and everyone here would be SOL. So you have to decide if the game is worth it before raising a fuss, of course also depending on your state consumer laws.

Hey anyone seen any cheap tablets? My kid is going to Mexico to visit, long plane trip haha so if you can just keep a look out I'd appreciate it

Hey anyone seen any cheap tablets? My kid is going to Mexico to visit, long plane trip haha so if you can just keep a look out I'd appreciate it
If you go and slick deals, there have been some pretty good promotions for the fire HD10 and fire HD 8 tablets. They're inexpensive but decent quality for the price and you can load the play store on them.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Easy;

#1 Pull out cellphone & start recording.

#2 Then say, "So you're telling me that i found this on the retail floor and it's ringing up for 3 cents but you can't sell this to me, WHY? May i speak with your manager please?" -in a professional tone.

#3 Manger will sell item for 3 pennies otherwise show video to media.

Get beer or wine, or if you don't drink or are between the ages of 18 and 20, get an R rated movie or another cheap Mature game. Scan those first so they have to check your ID and enter that you are over 18 (beer covers this since 21 or older). Then scan the $.03 game after they leave. Pay for your stuff, grab your receipt and then ask them to take the games out of the case.
If they give you trouble, ask to see a manager and prove the price IS $.03 by scanning the game on your phone's Walmart app and showing them the receipt that you have already paid for everything.
As for the beer or movie/game you bought, enjoy the beer or go immediately to Customer Service to return the extra game/movie.
Not gonna lie. That is really clever. I love it. Plus you can tell the wife, I HAD to get the beer so I could get away with these three cent games, haha.

Check your Consumer Protection Rights and have that ready the next time. Retailers can get heavily fined for not selling it to you for the lower of the tagged price or what it rings up for. Usually, if it's something that priced as something that should have been removed from the floor and they neglect to remove it, they pay the consequence of having to sell it to you for that price. Of course, I'm using California laws and your state laws may vary. It also depends on how badly you want the game.

Two examples:

I went to a supermarket and saw a pack of mini muffins with a display sign for $x.xx. It rang up for a lot more. I informed the cashier and had the manager check the display. It was verified. I was thinking they would just adjust the register price but after a few minutes, they gave me cash for the value of the display and the pack of mini muffins for free. It's much cheaper to do that then having to pay the fines. I would have been happy if they just adjusted the price.

A few weeks ago, I went to a Walmart and was denied the $0.03 price. I could have argued and reported but it wasn't a game I really wanted anyways so I let it go. I went back the next day and saw a different game for $0.03, a different cashier this time just sold it to me no issues. If I had reported the previous issue, they might have told management or corp and might have had all the Walmarts in my area do a clean-up and everyone here would be SOL. So you have to decide if the game is worth it before raising a fuss, of course also depending on your state consumer laws.
Went to a few Walmarts today, I found an end cap of clearance games with 3cent shelf tags...of course all those were cleared out. I was lucky enough to find a random Mariokart7 for $5.

I have used your beer technique successfully in the past though it likely was overkill.

Yesterday I was at a gamestop and saw what appeared to be cherry new caseless 3ds games in multiples, so I assume that's where most of those $5 games are landing.

It's a bummer to hear everyone getting cockblocked on the 3 cent games. I went to my Walmart last night and snagged 2 copies of Rage, 1 Sniper Ghost Warrior, and 1 The Sims 3. All games were the 360 versions, rang up 3 cents, and the cashier paid no mind to it. I guess I've just been lucky. This was my second straight successful 3 cent game haul at this store too.

Went to a Walmart today where both brickseek and the Walmart app said they had Ni No Kuni and Resident Evil Origins collection for $10 each. They had neither and when I asked an employee about it he just said all their switch stock is in the case I was looking at. It's very annoying how much difficulty walmart has with correct stock amounts on their website/app.

An extremely lucky/YMMV .03 Switch game find this past Saturday night:[attachment=35233:20210130_231314.jpg]

You forgot Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on 3DS! I had a local GS that had a few sealed 3DS games (mostly greatest hits unfortunately), so you can always ask around.

Also there is a rumor that Xenoblade Chronicles X will be re-released on the Switch eventually, so a complete copy of that on Wii is going to be harder to find. The flip-side cover art is nice! Most of the last-gen Chronicles set with cases can still be found with some work can typically good filler with the 50% promos :shock: I too like keeping a few sealed copies and then a spare physical to play / display on the shelf.
Off topic but I was surprised to find out recently there was also a digital release of xenoblade chronicles on the wiiu apparently. I have to wonder how that snuck under the rug so easily given how much it was going for.

Trick I have heard in the past was to purchase an m rated dvd along side it first so they check your id and that bypasses the need for them to check the game. At least this is what people mentioned a year or so back.

Went to a Walmart today where both brickseek and the Walmart app said they had Ni No Kuni and Resident Evil Origins collection for $10 each. They had neither and when I asked an employee about it he just said all their switch stock is in the case I was looking at. It's very annoying how much difficulty walmart has with correct stock amounts on their website/app.
Yeah my nearest walmart has the same issue with ni no kuni. 3-4 listed on brickseek as instock as well as on the app but none to be found. It's been probably 2 weeks and still hasn't been updated either. Which is interesting since xenoblade def jumped to out of stock and 10$ overnight. As I had been checking like others recommended.

Went to a store that said 6+ of the $17 2TB hard drive. None anywhere. CSR said that bunch of people have come in asking about it and they don’t have them. Said they were probably stolen. 

Good grief. 

Went to a store that said 6+ of the $17 2TB hard drive. None anywhere. CSR said that bunch of people have come in asking about it and they don’t have them. Said they were probably stolen.

Good grief.
All stolen at 6+??? I seriously doubt it. Sounds like BS. I bet they are somewhere. They just don't want to go look for them. Someone here recently described a genuinely helpful employee at Walmart that was actually willing to check for something as a "unicorn" and that was absolutely spot on. Most are either completely dismissive and/or lazy. In my experience I've gotten much better responses in general at Target and the associates there are significantly more receptive when making similar requests.

All stolen at 6+??? I seriously doubt it. Sounds like BS. I bet they are somewhere. They just don't want to go look for them. Someone here recently described a genuinely helpful employee at Walmart that was actually willing to check for something as a "unicorn" and that was absolutely spot on. Most are either completely dismissive and/or lazy. In my experience I've gotten much better responses in general at Target and the associates there are significantly more receptive when making similar requests.
When I used to work for Walmart I had a guy steal a dozen wine bottles at once. It's not out of the realm of possibility. Could it just be employee apathy? Sure, but working there, you end up seeing everything.

All stolen at 6+??? I seriously doubt it. Sounds like BS. I bet they are somewhere.
Anything small and boostable will be stolen in-masse if the area is super-shady. All the walmarts near a specific type of large community flea-markets keep everything behind glass. :joystick:

An extremely lucky/YMMV .03 Switch game find this past Saturday night: 20210130_231314.jpg
Wow a unicorn $0.03 switch game! :dunce:

I find the best way to get stuff done at the walmart is just at the electronic kiosk when it isn't busy and only one worker in sight. Just turn on the charm depending on the situation - Old ladies are my favorite! :baby:

Off topic but I was surprised to find out recently there was also a digital release of xenoblade chronicles on the wiiu apparently. I have to wonder how that snuck under the rug so easily given how much it was going for.
Yep, I think I saw it in the eshop a while back. I still log in once a week on the Wii U for the 30 plat points even though my kids don't play it anymore (they've given up on beating the last few wii-u exclusive titles and moved onto switch)

With my page count, the Walmart Clearance thread has hit 500.  And on that 500th page, we have people suggesting taking videos of Walmart employees refusing to sell $.03 games and then going to the media???  What fucking 80's TV show do you live on?   Another person wants us to know our consumer protection rights?  Now we need lawyers???

Have you guys seen the $.03 games?   None of them are worth the effort.  None.  I guess with toilet paper shortages you could find a use for them, but otherwise, who gives a shit.

The paper grocery bags at checkout cost $.10 a piece, and some of you morons can't figure out why a store employee won't sell you a video game that rings up for $.03?  It's because they have a brain and you don't.

Bring on the cheap tablets, TV's, Lego's, games, and even that cheap checkout candy and beef jerky that happens twice a year!  That's what the thread should be about.  Not encouraging other people on how to be bigger dickheads than they already are.

With my page count, the Walmart Clearance thread has hit 500. And on that 500th page, we have people suggesting taking videos of Walmart employees refusing to sell $.03 games and then going to the media??? What fucking 80's TV show do you live on? Another person wants us to know our consumer protection rights? Now we need lawyers???

Have you guys seen the $.03 games? None of them are worth the effort. None. I guess with toilet paper shortages you could find a use for them, but otherwise, who gives a shit.

The paper grocery bags at checkout cost $.10 a piece, and some of you morons can't figure out why a store employee won't sell you a video game that rings up for $.03? It's because they have a brain and you don't.

Bring on the cheap tablets, TV's, Lego's, games, and even that cheap checkout candy and beef jerky that happens twice a year! That's what the thread should be about. Not encouraging other people on how to be bigger dickheads than they already are.
Agreed, Husher. Sadly, I think all of these are just more and more signs of why humanity is on a death spiral. Let's face it, Covid-19 is just the beginning of new viruses. As the planet warms and all the strange illnesses that froze away eons ago, allowing humans to exist, come back, the human race is on a one-way ticket to the end.

Depressing, I know. Given how terribly people behave nowadays to each other, and how selfish we've all become, I've started to wonder if Mother Nature has finally reached a point where she's concluded, "I'm done with people now."

Read a history book, Socrates
Agreed humanity has peaks where it's worse to others than usual (see the great wall of china, ww2, spanish inquisition, the crusades, yellow fever) it's actually a little surprising that things were so mellow outside the couple riots.

Of course we have had the stuff that cartels have been doing for decades let alone other countries in africa and south america or mexico where people semi regularly end up decapitated and their hands cut off. So I suppose it all balances out that someone is being horrible to someone else anywhere at any given time.

Sorry for being off topic.

Agreed, Husher. Sadly, I think all of these are just more and more signs of why humanity is on a death spiral. Let's face it, Covid-19 is just the beginning of new viruses. As the planet warms and all the strange illnesses that froze away eons ago, allowing humans to exist, come back, the human race is on a one-way ticket to the end.

Depressing, I know. Given how terribly people behave nowadays to each other, and how selfish we've all become, I've started to wonder if Mother Nature has finally reached a point where she's concluded, "I'm done with people now."
tenor.gif

Easy;
#1 Pull out cellphone & start recording.
#2 Then say, "So you're telling me that i found this on the retail floor and it's ringing up for 3 cents but you can't sell this to me, WHY? May i speak with your manager please?" -in a professional tone.
#3 Manger will sell item for 3 pennies otherwise show video to media.
Sure thing, Karen.

So I grabbed a $5 copy of Captain Toad at one of the local stores last week, and decided I would just flip it at GameStop since it was part of the Stealth Bump this weekend.  There was just one problem - I took off the shrinkwrap, popped open the case, and...there was no cartridge in there.  Do I have any recourse?  I mean I've got a receipt, but how do I expect them to believe me? 

I might just add it to the pile with my Clearance copy of Kirby Planet Robobot that crashes as soon as you launch it (tried on multiple 2DS/3DS systems).

So I grabbed a $5 copy of Captain Toad at one of the local stores last week, and decided I would just flip it at GameStop since it was part of the Stealth Bump this weekend. There was just one problem - I took off the shrinkwrap, popped open the case, and...there was no cartridge in there. Do I have any recourse? I mean I've got a receipt, but how do I expect them to believe me?

I might just add it to the pile with my Clearance copy of Kirby Planet Robobot that crashes as soon as you launch it (tried on multiple 2DS/3DS systems).
you can try going to walmart and seeing what they say or contacting nintendo. i've read a few horror stories like this so i've started checking to make sure a game is in the case before breaking the shrinkwrap.

Sure chief.

Problem is last I checked the Greeks and Romans, and afterwards, French and British empires weren't capable of drilling into the Earth and extracting and burning daily metric tons of fossil fuels that's melting and wiping out arctic regions, or depleting fresh water and animal and insect life at paces that far outstrip their natural capacities to reproduce. And while all this is happening, all folks care about is consuming, keeping up a fossil fuel economy regardless of the fact that the virus is a product of our increasingly senseless and mindless destruction of habitat for the sake of money and uncontrolled growth of human population.

So my response to you? Go read a science book.

Downward spiral? Holy fuck it's video games.
Sure, sure, sorry for the depressing post. But the more and more I want to believe we should keep such topics out of our "fun" activities, the more I worry that that's the problem. All of us just escape into our fake realities and echo chambers, which is why nothing is happening, and more and more people just believe what they want to believe and support folks who blather the same.

We're all due for a reckoning, I guess. Whether you believe in god or mother nature, one thing's for sure - if you have kids, their world is f^##ed.

Reading a book would do no good because there weren't things such as social media, smart phones and an entire culture of people rewarding greed, narcissism, sociopaths and bullies like there is now. There used to be something called a social contract where people looked out for each other. That didn't mean there weren't wars and problems, it meant that overall people didn't just treat each other like shit like they do now. You would help your neighbor if they had problems and they would help you back. Now it's "if you have nothing to offer me then fuck off, I don't care about you, it's all about me, me, me". We have an epidemic of NARCISSISM and total lack of EMPATHY in this world now that we've NEVER had in history. We used to have things like families and communities, now we just have Tinder where strangers have sex with each other nonstop and form no bonds and then stare at a screen for hours every single day.

Reading a book would do no good because there weren't things such as social media, smart phones and an entire culture of people rewarding greed, narcissism, sociopaths and bullies like there is now. There used to be something called a social contract where people looked out for each other. That didn't mean there weren't wars and problems, it meant that overall people didn't just treat each other like shit like they do now. You would help your neighbor if they had problems and they would help you back. Now it's "if you have nothing to offer me then fuck off, I don't care about you, it's all about me, me, me". We have an epidemic of NARCISSISM and total lack of EMPATHY in this world now that we've NEVER had in history. We used to have things like families and communities, now we just have Tinder where strangers have sex with each other nonstop and form no bonds and then stare at a screen for hours every single day.
This really hits home. Agreed.

It's like a pack of dogs hunting together in harmony just before they turn on each other over that last 3 cent bone

Imagine thinking knowing what your rights are is the downfall of civilization...  says a lot about what that person thinks about rights in general.

Guess you can have the right to remain silent and ignorant, I guess.

Nevertheless, I suppose only the rich can truly afford to defend their rights, perhaps it really is a bourgeois western legal construction.

bread's done
Back