Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know but I guess if your life is going that bad that you need to fight a walmart employee with a cell phone video over a three cent video game just 'to prove a point' says more about you then the employee or Walmart really.

Seems like system is doing that thing again where if a game is binned in the back and it goes on clearance it deletes the bin information  and shows its on the floor even though its still binned in the back.   I went to the same store 2x in 2 days as they did more drops, and luckily one of the good employees was working.  According to him, not only were all the "on floor" clearance games binned in the back still, he was able to find the ones that the 3 other employees claimed were stolen days prior, and the time it took him to find them was less than 2 minutes.    

I know the possibility of the games being stolen is high, but considering most stores didn't even bother to put price stickers on all the clearance games, they sure as hell are not going into the system and "re-binning" every game in the backroom so it will show the proper location.

The wasted time is annoying, especially when the employee refuses to believe that the Walmart system can be fallible, but I just tell myself its video games and its not like they lost a prescription that I need to live or something. And even moreso, its still better than trying to find these freaking pokemon cards..

The madness over $0.03 is like people fighting over freebies. Nobody ever wins but that's just my $0.02 [emoji2371]
Don't you mean... Your 3 cents worth??

DIxXfh.gif

Seems like system is doing that thing again where if a game is binned in the back and it goes on clearance it deletes the bin information and shows its on the floor even though its still binned in the back. I went to the same store 2x in 2 days as they did more drops, and luckily one of the good employees was working. According to him, not only were all the "on floor" clearance games binned in the back still, he was able to find the ones that the 3 other employees claimed were stolen days prior, and the time it took him to find them was less than 2 minutes.

I know the possibility of the games being stolen is high, but considering most stores didn't even bother to put price stickers on all the clearance games, they sure as hell are not going into the system and "re-binning" every game in the backroom so it will show the proper location.

The wasted time is annoying, especially when the employee refuses to believe that the Walmart system can be fallible, but I just tell myself its video games and its not like they lost a prescription that I need to live or something. And even moreso, its still better than trying to find these freaking pokemon cards..
Would explain why it took weeks before my store found the razer mobile bundle. Kind of glad too. Would have bought it at $75, but got it for $50 minus the free giftcard I forgot I had, so $25+ tax.

Would explain why it took weeks before my store found the razer mobile bundle. Kind of glad too. Would have bought it at $75, but got it for $50 minus the free giftcard I forgot I had, so $25+ tax.
Have you tried the ear buds yet? I wanted that bundle for the buds as well but ended up buying a pair up Skullcandy buds I really like

Your lack of self awareness is unsurprising.
Sure, whatever you say. This is the problem. No one cares, no one listens. Just terse, flippant responses. Well, I do hope some day you'll be willing to at least be thoughtful to other views, my friend. Your fellow man, and future societies, will appreciate it. I'm done on the topic.

Despite brickseek saying xenoblade was out of stock and 10$ at the nearest walmart there was probably 11 of them in the case and they rang up 49.xx Picked it up along with a handful of 5$ 3ds titles.  Yokai watch 2 fleshy souls rang up 1$.  smash and ocarina of time rang up 5. street fighter switch rang up 14.xx. mario kart 7 majoras mask mario 3d land and mario bros 2 rang up 19.xx and 29.xx despite scanning as 5 each.  So I will have to return to correct those I guess. As they shouldn't be wringing up 5 on the price scanner app and then a different price on the register. 

Figure I can wait to see if I can get the price on xenoblade corrected later to the 10. If not its whatever I'll just keep it. 

Hmm brickseek is now saying that it's back in stock at multiple walmarts in my area 3-4 for 2, 6+ for 2 and limited for one and all are at the 49.96 price. 

Went to a store that said 6+ of the $17 2TB hard drive. None anywhere. CSR said that bunch of people have come in asking about it and they don’t have them. Said they were probably stolen.

Good grief.
At my local store, they were locked in with the PC Accessories (like the fancy Razer keyboards & other assorted items)

So I grabbed a $5 copy of Captain Toad at one of the local stores last week, and decided I would just flip it at GameStop since it was part of the Stealth Bump this weekend. There was just one problem - I took off the shrinkwrap, popped open the case, and...there was no cartridge in there. Do I have any recourse? I mean I've got a receipt, but how do I expect them to believe me?

I might just add it to the pile with my Clearance copy of Kirby Planet Robobot that crashes as soon as you launch it (tried on multiple 2DS/3DS systems).
An employee with a brain would see the receipt and see you paid five dollars and assume you're telling the truth because 1. shorting walmart out of $5 is pitiful and 2. Even if you were lying, there's really no way for them to know either way and aren't gonna lose their jobs accusing you of lying over $5. They're gonna do the return. Funny thing is, the same thing happened to me when I bought a random clearance copy of a Dragon Quest game that was on 3DS. I bought it and almost immediately opened it and saw there wasn't a game inside it and went back to the electronics counter to return it.

I found Captain Tsubasa for PS4 marked at 20 on clearance but when the woman ring it up it came at $39 and wouldn’t budge. Shouldn’t they have given it to me at $20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried the ear buds yet? I wanted that bundle for the buds as well but ended up buying a pair up Skullcandy buds I really like
not really.... I use a set of Galaxy beans... errr, Galaxy Buds Live. I do have the hammerheads paired to my work phone (iPhone), but obviously I do my job too well as no one ever calls me :) Best I can say is that they paired easily and updated fine.

Anyone got the SKU/UPC for 2TB HDD clearanced @Wal-Mart?
Not trying to be rude, but the Brickseek link has been posted no less than three times in this thread recently. If you do a search in either the CAG forums or Tapatalk for “2TB WD” it will pop up right away. Give it a shot.

Went to some weird Walmarts today because I have literally nothing better to do and found Kirby Triple Deluxe for 3 cents. Had to suplex the cashier to get her to let it go for that price but in the end she gave it up.

Not really, she was just like "dang 3 cents? Not bad!" This was also the first Walmart I've seen that actually had price tags on the shelves for 3 cents

Picked up :ps4: Quantic Dream Collection and :ps4: CoD WWII for $5 ea. The three games of the Quantic Dream Collection are already included with PS+, but for $5 I figured may as well get physical copies.

Also saw :ps4: FIFA 2020 for $5 and :3ds: Yokai World 2 for $11.

Ever notice how some games stay at their clearance prices & never seem to change?

Well, I tried something 2 weeks ago. I bought Wolfenstein: The New Order PS3 for $7, figured if it's not going down, $7 isn't bad. Been that price for months. About a week after I bought it, their remaining copies switched to $.03, in store, found out by checking Brickseek. Went and got 3 others, returned the $7 copy.

TL;DR, if a Wal-Mart has multiple copies, but 1, wait 7-10 days & recheck the price, might go lower.

Ever notice how some games stay at their clearance prices & never seem to change?

Well, I tried something 2 weeks ago. I bought Wolfenstein:The New Order PS3 for $7, figured if it's not going down, $7 isn't bad. Been that price for months. About a week after I bought it, their remaining copies switched to $.03, not in store but on Brickseek. Went and got 3 others, returned the $7 copy.

TL;DR, if a Wal-Mart has multiple copies, but 1, wait 7-10 days & recheck the price, might "trigger go lower.

Went to some weird Walmarts today because I have literally nothing better to do and found Kirby Triple Deluxe for 3 cents. Had to suplex the cashier to get her to let it go for that price but in the end she gave it up.

Not really, she was just like "dang 3 cents? Not bad!" This was also the first Walmart I've seen that actually had price tags on the shelves for 3 cents
How the hell did they still have that game? Haven't seen it in the wild in ages. Must have been lost somewhere.

So I grabbed a $5 copy of Captain Toad at one of the local stores last week, and decided I would just flip it at GameStop since it was part of the Stealth Bump this weekend. There was just one problem - I took off the shrinkwrap, popped open the case, and...there was no cartridge in there. Do I have any recourse? I mean I've got a receipt, but how do I expect them to believe me?

I might just add it to the pile with my Clearance copy of Kirby Planet Robobot that crashes as soon as you launch it (tried on multiple 2DS/3DS systems).
It's a good question but I think the fact that it was only $5 works in your favor and hopefully would mean that you won't have to fight with them over it. The situation you described is rare but it does happen. The good thing about Switch games is that some of the side panels are transparent so it's easy to shine a light and see inside to verify that a cartridge is present without having to open it.

Anyone ever tried ordering a three cent game for in store pickup? I was just randomly scanning through the clearance games on brickseek and I noticed it said 2 copies of darksiders warmastered were available for pickup. I clicked the link and I was surprised to see it actually show up as 3 cents on walmarts site. I figured what the hell and placed the order, got the confirmation email, but.......there is no chance whatsoever this will work, right?

Let us know.
It very well could or a Jr Dect. might block the sale.

I've had all but one minor issue on store buying the .03 games the last 3 weeks.
Good luck!

Anyone ever tried ordering a three cent game for in store pickup? I was just randomly scanning through the clearance games on brickseek and I noticed it said 2 copies of darksiders warmastered were available for pickup. I clicked the link and I was surprised to see it actually show up as 3 cents on walmarts site. I figured what the hell and placed the order, got the confirmation email, but.......there is no chance whatsoever this will work, right?
Thanks for the heads-up. Some how I was able to order one at a store near me. Fingers crossed.
Just got the cancelation email.

Picked up the double pack rage/fallout3goty xb360 for $7 and super mario maker 3ds for $5

Must have had 15 copies of the double pack, I don't recall seeing it at other locations. Smm3ds was a lone copy.

Went to a store that said 6+ of the $17 2TB hard drive. None anywhere. CSR said that bunch of people have come in asking about it and they don’t have them. Said they were probably stolen.

Good grief.
What was the SKU? I know I'm a few days late but the search on this forum fucking blows and I can't find out what product you're talking about.

bread's done
Back