Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have bad experience ordering online from Walmart? I ordered 2 switch games. Was scheduled to be delivered today but it's been stuck on delay from FedEx since Feb 23. No updates.
I ordered an Xbox One game and it has been on delay from USPS since Feb 24th. I'm guessing it's just the overall delays during Covid right now. Other than this order I've never had any problems with online Walmart orders though.

I ordered an Xbox One game and it has been on delay from USPS since Feb 24th. I'm guessing it's just the overall delays during Covid right now. Other than this order I've never had any problems with online Walmart orders though.
Fedex and UPS no longer have covid related delays. If your item is stuck in limbo for a week, it’s damaged, lost, or stolen.

Fedex and UPS no longer have covid related delays. If your item is stuck in limbo for a week, it’s damaged, lost, or stolen.
I'd disagree. First class mail from anywhere in the country to my house used to take 2-4 days, never longer than that. Now it is more like 4-9 days. I don't know if it is COVID related or not, but USPS is a lot slower than it was 1-2 years ago.

I'd disagree. First class mail from anywhere in the country to my house used to take 2-4 days, never longer than that. Now it is more like 4-9 days. I don't know if it is COVID related or not, but USPS is a lot slower than it was 1-2 years ago.
He said fedex and ups. I don't think he realized it was usps

I think that's more due to the massive changes that were put in place at the USPS in the last year. Mail is a great deal slower as a result of those changes.

Anyone have bad experience ordering online from Walmart? I ordered 2 switch games. Was scheduled to be delivered today but it's been stuck on delay from FedEx since Feb 23. No updates.
FedEx is a mess. I upgraded my iPad since my old one kept having safari crash so I did a trade in. The tracking on the trade in firstly had a wrong ‘to’ location in online tracking. I had taken a photo of the label before I dropped it off because I have no faith in fedex. It has bounced around fedex locations in my state for the last few days instead of going to PA like it should. Today the ‘to’ location online finally updated to the right location but it still hasn’t left my state.

I live in Indiana, which is near/has a lot of pretty major shipping hubs. USPS has been dogshit since all of that dismantling last year.

I've had packages ship from a state on one side of us, overshoot to the other side, then transfer back and take like a week longer. FedEx and UPS are still pretty blazing fast though

I live in Indiana, which is near/has a lot of pretty major shipping hubs. USPS has been dogshit since all of that dismantling last year.

I've had packages ship from a state on one side of us, overshoot to the other side, then transfer back and take like a week longer. FedEx and UPS are still pretty blazing fast though
I live in central Indiana and that’s been a problem for me for as long as I can remember. I’ve had stuff ship from Northern Indiana, go down to Kentucky then back up to me.

I sent out 2 packages on the same day. One to Gary, IN (20 miles away from me) and the other to Aurora, IL (35 miles from me). The aurora package got there the next day. The Gary one went to Chicago, Aurora, Indianapolis, and then Gary in 8 days. 

I read the original comment as UPS. The only current issues with Fedex are anything shipped through the Tennessee DC. The storms caused a massive pileup of shipments still in limbo for a week now.

He said fedex and ups. I don't think he realized it was usps
Thank you. I read it as UPS.

attachicon.gif
78E6F461-900F-4911-8AFC-2100BC272847.jpeg

Found this today for $9
Given that it's incomplete and requires dlc to finish the story I would say that it's not even worth that complete.

Had literally the best day at Wal-Mart ever as most of the time I go there and they don't have their games clearanced out, but I caught two ladies marking the clearance stuff yesterday and was in luck today after work.:

PS4:

Rage 2 $2

Persona 5 Royal $9

Skyrim $9

3DS:

Smash Bros $5

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story $5

and the mother lode of Switch games:

Daemon X Machina $15

Bee Simulator $5

PGA Tour 2k21 $5

Farming Simulator 20 $5

Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King $15

Trials of Mana $15

The Wonderful 101 Remastered $9

Terraria $5

EA Sports FIFA 21: Legacy Edition $5

Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD $9

Dragon Quest Builders 2 $15

Cadence of Hyrule $9

Final Fantasy X/X2 HD $15

Layton's Mystery Journey $5

Captain Tsubasa: The Rise of New Champions $10

Ary and the Secret of Seasons $5

Trine Ultimate Collection $5

They still had a few copies of the Disney two pack and Dragon Quest Builders 2. Plus like eight copies of Persona 5

$99 on eBay two weeks ago
That Capcom locked the actual ending to this game behind DLC was one of the most unforgivable moves by a publisher.

This one is long overdue for a remaster/reprint on PS4. Surprised Capcom still hasn't done it.

Yoshi's Crafted World, Super Mario Odyssey, and New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on switch are included in the mario sale on walmart.com, physical and digital, $38.88

Nice haul! Hopefully other Walmarts will follow suit and start marking those games down to those prices for us as well.
I hope so also. The one I go to regularly always has a ton of games that they don't have room to show the prices. As for FFX/X-2 I had no idea it was so cheap, kind of went a little overboard lol.

Went to my local yesterday noticed they found a small stash of some of the switch clearance titles hidding somewhere.  However they jacked the prices on all of them back up to the sticker price.  Except the Ps4 EA games which they still couldn't move at $5, cause well, they're EA games.  If you gave me $5 bucks to take them & play them, it's still not worth my time.

The Last Guardian was $9, they had a bunch others but that was the only one really worth it, mostly shovelware or multiplat games (I really only use my PS4 for exclusives, play multiplat games on my XBox or PC).  May hit up the other one while my Son is in karate tonight since they don't let us in to watch.

I found some Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Computer Speakers in clearance for $40 bucks.

Despite their age they're still fantastic speakers for their price, if I didn't already own the Logitech Z263 I would have taken these for myself instead of giving them to my brother.

Back a few weeks ago during the big Xenoblade/etc. craze people were posting some trade offers in this thread - is that still allowed?

If so, I have a copy of ARMS and Splatoon 2 if anyone's interested in swapping shipping costs. (Full disclosure, Splatoon 2 is opened but I never actually played it. Giving up on that idea now. Perfect condition.)

Interested in Donkey Kong and Hyrule Warriors DE if anyone found those (honestly DK I don't even need the box, just the cart). Maaybe Pokken or Mario Tennis as second string picks...but mostly looking for DK and HW.

Regardless thanks to everyone in this thread! Found some great games a couple weeks ago thanks to the heads up on deals here!

A quick update, my game is now in Memphis after coming from St. Louis and Knoxville (where is was in limbo until the first couple days of March) before that. I'm in KY for reference lol

I found some Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Computer Speakers in clearance for $40 bucks.

Despite their age they're still fantastic speakers for their price, if I didn't already own the Logitech Z263 I would have taken these for myself instead of giving them to my brother.
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=591789309
$69 for the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX speakers in my area. Picked up a set a week or two ago. An associate at the first store that I tried said they had sold out earlier that day. I tried the only other location nearby that was showing stock and luckily managed to find one, and only one (despite it showing 6+). Walmart is so frustratingly incompetent at proper inventory management that it makes you want to bang your head against a wall sometimes. Good luck if you go on a hunt for these.

Anyway great set of speakers. I actually had this exact set already but one of the satellites stop working not long ago after many years so this was perfect timing for me.

Almost every store in my area shows those in stock. Might give it a hunt when I wake up, about to upgrade to a new Desktop so some new speakers would go nicely as well

Some of the stores say its $69. Ayyyyy

I found some Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Computer Speakers in clearance for $40 bucks.

My store has them for $69. So you think the Logitech are better than the Klipsch?

My store has them for $69. So you think the Logitech are better than the Klipsch?
Eh, I'm not much of an audiophile, so they're of about roughly the same quality to me. Much better than my decade old $20 buck pair of Altec Lansings I had. Also the Logitech has an off button while this newer set does not, if that makes a difference. Again, for $69 it's totally worth it since anything else at or below that price range tends to be crap and anything decent is around usually $100-$150.

Eh, I'm not much of an audiophile, so they're of about roughly the same quality to me. Much better than my decade old $20 buck pair of Altec Lansings I had. Also the Logitech has an off button while this newer set does not, if that makes a difference. Again, for $69 it's totally worth it since anything else at or below that price range tends to be crap and anything decent is around usually $100-$150.
No off button? Wonder why they did that. I might get it and just hook it up to its own power strip that I can switch off.

I have both the Logitech and the Klipsch speakers (2007 version) and the Logitech's bass is better if you are placing it anywhere you want. For me the Klipsch bass only sounds good when you have it in a corner so it echos off the wall. Not sure if they changed the power button on these Klipsch but mine is located on the back of the subwoofer.

$5 pick ups from the past week:

Smash Bros. 3DS

Super Mario Maker 3DS

Friday the 13th Ult. Slasher Ed. PS4

Diablo Eternal Collection PS4

All were either unmarked or incorrectly labeled.

bread's done
Back