Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more clearance items for you all.

$1 Warner Bros. Middle-Earth: Shadow of War for PlayStation 4

$5 Borderlands 3, 2K, PlayStation 4, 0710425574931

$7 Dishonored 2, Bethesda, PlayStation 4, 093155171336

$8.88 Dreams, Sony, PlayStation 4, 711719503446

$10 The SIMS 4 Bundle with Island Living Expansion Pack, Electronic Arts, PlayStation 4, 014633743081

$20 Wolfenstein Youngblood Deluxe Edition, Bethesda Softworks, Xbox One, 093155174801

$11 Razer KRAKEN X GAMING HEADSET

$13 Razer DeathAdder V2 Mini

$49 Seagate 500GB Expansion SSD Solid State Drive Portable External USB 3.0

$49 Straight Talk Motorola E, 32GB, Midnight Blue - Prepaid Smartphone

$9 Star Wars The Black Series Luke Skywalker and Yoda (Jedi Training)

$11 Better Homes & Gardens Fan Forced 1500W Portable Electric Fireplace, Dark Walnut Finish

$7 Soleil Digital Electric Portable Ceramic Space Heater, PTC-910B

$11 Mainstays 1500W Quartz Electric Space Heater, WSH20Q3ABB, Black

$3.50 Mainstays 1500W 3-Speed Electric Fan-Forced Space Heater, HF-1008B, Black

$40 Rolling Mantel with Infrared Quartz Electric Fireplace, Caramel Birch

$89 Shark® Navigator® Lift-Away® Upright Vacuum Healthy Home Edition, NV351WM2

$95 Hoover Pro Clean Pet Carpet Cleaner, FH51010

$13 Cosco Finale 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat, Storm Kite - PUT

$24.75 SentrySafe SF082CS Fire-Resistant Safe with Combination Lock, 0.82 Cu. ft.

$30 Instant Pot Duo 6-Quart Copper Stainless 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Yogurt Maker and Warmer

$1.65 Crest Plus Scope Outlast Complete Whitening Toothpaste, 5.4 oz 3 Pack

I got an email about my Far Cry 6 Gold edition pre order that the price went down $.08 cents lol. They still haven't figured out the mistake. Anyone else get the email?

Anyone have any luck with the new wave of 3 cent games?  Found a My Friend Pedro NSW but register actually blocked it saying its a restricted item.  Seems like a ton of stores dropped Fallout 76 to 3c so i'm curious if the system is blocking all 3c games from being sold. 

My local Walmart had a lot of golf balls, gloves, and tees on clearance. 

I don't golf, but I bought a couple of boxes of balls and bags of tees for my uncle's birthday in June.

Anyone have any luck with the new wave of 3 cent games? Found a My Friend Pedro NSW but register actually blocked it saying its a restricted item. Seems like a ton of stores dropped Fallout 76 to 3c so i'm curious if the system is blocking all 3c games from being sold.
It's a mature game, is that why?

I tried to get some $.03 games, was denied. They scanned the games and said they are all on recall, and can't sell them. Ahh well. 

The only time that I've had luck buying a $.03 game was when I could take it to self checkout and get it paid for before they opened the security case for me. Any time they have to get them out of the electronic's case I've been shot down. Regardless, I may give it a shot anyways!

I'd be curious to hear if anyone is actually able to get through the checkout process this time.

The only time that I've had luck buying a $.03 game was when I could take it to self checkout and get it paid for before they opened the security case for me. Any time they have to get them out of the electronic's case I've been shot down. Regardless, I may give it a shot anyways!

I'd be curious to hear if anyone is actually able to get through the checkout process.
I've gotten people to sell them to me plenty of times, but today they were actually rejected by the register.

F in the chat for 3 cent games boys. I was about to get 2 copies of Layton's Mystery Journey for Switch too. Huge F.

I've gotten people to sell them to me plenty of times, but today they were actually rejected by the register.

F in the chat for 3 cent games boys. I was about to get 2 copies of Layton's Mystery Journey for Switch too. Huge F.
Gah, sounds like they've figured out how to work around Electronics employees that don't snap them up to send to claims ASAP.

FYI Brickseek is being weird for me. It switches between the "No results in your search area" message to actually showing results. It just takes an F5, but still weird.

They wouldn't let me buy any 3 cent games. My local Walmart was a gold mine I thought but no luck. They said the register is not allowing them to sell it and they have to return them to the manufacturer.

I was at checkout with 20 fallout76. And it say restric item. Then a employee said recall. So no go for me. In the past i was able to buy games. At .03. But it seems now that is not possible to buy games at .03
Sorry for my bad english

What about the buy something else that is restricted and get them to approve it before scanning games?
It sounds like these aren't age restricted, but restricted in the sense that the register tells them to send it to Claims. Ran into this a few weeks ago with a $74 unlocked phone on Clearance, but a manager could override it. I'm assuming a Manager can override in this case as well, but good luck in getting them to for a 3 cent game.

Sucks, too - why not just drop games like Dragon Quest Builders II and Overwatch to $10 like they did Octopath and Xenoblade Definitive?

These aren't age restricted, but restricted in the sense that the register tells them to send it to Claims. Ran into this a few weeks ago with a $74 unlocked phone on Clearance, but a manager could override it. I'm assuming a Manager can override in this case as well, but good luck in getting them to for a 3 cent game.

Sucks, too - why not just drop games like Dragon Quest Builders II and Overwatch to $10 like they did Octopath and Xenoblade Definitive?
fuckin A... *bitterly stares at the list of 3 cent games I've been compiling all morning *

These aren't age restricted, but restricted in the sense that the register tells them to send it to Claims. Ran into this a few weeks ago with a $74 unlocked phone on Clearance, but a manager could override it. I'm assuming a Manager can override in this case as well, but good luck in getting them to for a 3 cent game.

I was thinking that too. I've had my eye on Layton's for a while waiting it to drop even to just $15 or something, but they took it straight from $33.84 (or whatever) to 3 cents.

No go guys
c3MrYDZ.jpeg

I’m surprised it took them this long to stop the 3 cent games from being purchased. It doesn’t effect me since I always had problems trying to buy them but I feel bad for anyone else that normally had success getting them and won’t be able to anymore.

Looks like my 3 cent copy of Darksiders Warmastered Edition for Switch officially marks the end of an era.  Honestly, when they started doing the 3 cent thing to *Switch* games as opposed to just old PS3, 360, and Wii games, we probably should have seen it as writing on the wall.  There's a store about 30 miles from here that actually printed out 3 cent Clearance tags and put them on display, encouraging people to clear them out.

There's a store about 30 miles from here that actually printed out 3 cent Clearance tags and put them on display, encouraging people to clear them out.
Typically just some low level electronics person that doesn't know any better. When it happened at my store they got chewed out pretty bad by management. Got the message across though as there wasn't a single 3 cent sticker on anything after that.

Hopefully this is just a "mistake" or a test. Maybe they could clearance out there stuff faster instead of siting on up to 4 generations of games in a store and not do allow stores to override a major clearance.

Typically just some low level electronics person that doesn't know any better. When it happened at my store they got chewed out pretty bad by management. Got the message across though as there wasn't a single 3 cent sticker on anything after that.
Well to me if anything the blame falls on management and it should chew itself out for its own incompetence in its A) failure to train employees adequately B) not treating them in such a way as to make them apathetic towards their jobs, and C) literally taking years to address the $0.03 item issue with a meaningful solution. Of course that won't happen though as corporations are rife with double-standards.

Hopefully this is just a "mistake" or a test. Maybe they could clearance out there stuff faster instead of siting on up to 4 generations of games in a store and not do allow stores to override a major clearance.
I believe our $.03 days are over. They can certainly do major clearance to $1, $3, $5, etc. But the $.03 state is specifically for "Return to warehouse for vendor return". They get like $30 credit per title. This has been the case since the first $.03 spree in 2018.

I believe our $.03 days are over. They can certainly do major clearance to $1, $3, $5, etc. But the $.03 state is specifically for "Return to warehouse for vendor return". They get like $30 credit per title. This has been the case since the first $.03 spree in 2018.
I mean a test to see if this work or an error where tomorrow those games are back at regular price.

It always seems hit and miss with this 3 cent thing. Not too long ago I got liked 3 copies of Destiny 2 for that price doing self checkout with no fuss, but 2 years back they wouldn't let me buy any of them arguing it was a misprice, and I could buy them all for he last sticker price, which was like $50. I had then pointed out ALL THE OTHER 3 cent games I had zero interest in. Then they let me purchase 1 out of the 5 I wanted. 

Whelp, that was really unfortunate.  Though I'd give it a shot for these 3 cent games but experienced the same as the majority of you guys here.  Most of the 3 cent titles are being pulled off the shelf by store associates and even if you manage to find one, the register will deny the sale.

For anyone lucky enough to get a game, let us know what you did.  

bread's done
Back