Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
A part of me wishes all of these games rang up like $5, at least then the workers wouldn't do the neck slingshot thing when it rings up less than a dollar for several games.

Not a cheap deal but just found this at Walmart. Cheap compared to what it's going for these days I suppose.[attachment=35624:20210528_162421.jpg]

You too!? When that happened last week it was the first time I had ever heard of it! I mean understand that working at Walmart isn't the best but people should be able to open the cases!
Well this just happened to me just now, very frustrating![attachment=35626:20210528_180710.jpg]

lol i was at that store the other day. the one cabinet they can open had two 3ds games near the back. I think it was animal crossing and zelda oot. they wouldn't sell me any 3 cent games either.

The Pac-Man A1U’s are just drying up at the stores near me. None of them got to $75. Most seemed to eventually get scooped at $194 and one store sold theirs at $135.

So I just found a few more restricted .03 games, A Plague Tale for PS4, Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe for XB1, & this one was weird because it scanned $9 on the Walmart App. Wolfenstein New Order/Old Blood combo for PS4, still restricted though.

Now this is humorous
attachicon.gif
20210528_201922.jpg
Humorous that they're not at full price like usual at almost every other Walmart?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

Here at the Silicon Dr Walmart in San Antonio. The electronics associate took the only copy of wonderful 101 I found from me when it rang up 3 cents. Gave me a sob story about how they’ve been written up in the past for selling “penny games” and she’s looking at being fired if it happens again. So I didn’t argue and will just ask employees to take games to the front or “calmshell” next time

Went to abou t 5 different Walmarts around me, even ones Brickseek said had multiple copies and no luck outside of Animal Crossing.

Eh, I bought some three cent games a few years ago. Most of them I got to keep, but I couldn't buy the DS game that came with the stepmeter. That was mildly annoying, but not the end of the world or anything.

For those of you who have been denied the 3 cent games

You have the 5 games/copies in your hand, you're so excited to check out to resell them or have them sit on the shelf, but then you get denied at checkout and have to walkout with nothing; How much does this ruin your day/week/month?
i felt bad i made an employee take out some 3ds games for me and they werent half off

no reason to get upset really

even getting the few games i got for 3 cents was a big w when theyre denying people in most places

A part of me wishes all of these games rang up like $5, at least then the workers wouldn't do the neck slingshot thing when it rings up less than a dollar for several games.
Honestly, I would be happy if Walmart clearanced most of the 3 cent games out at $10 each. Would probably weed out some of the cheap resellers too.

For those of you who have been denied the 3 cent games

You have the 5 games/copies in your hand, you're so excited to check out to resell them or have them sit on the shelf, but then you get denied at checkout and have to walkout with nothing; How much does this ruin your day/week/month?
Do all forms of making a profit make you cry or is it just resellers specifically?

I wish Walmart would use a system like the old Kmart clearance system from 2005.  It was SO great.  All stores had the SAME clearance price for the games.  No issues with weird pricing differences between stores.

And the games would slowly go down in price so if there was something you wanted to play you could grab it for $15.  Then other stuff would go down and it wouldn't matter what the price on label was.  And the employees would just sell it to you without any weird BS if the price was low.

No games near me and that case that was locked last weekend was completely cleared out!  Kinda seems weird that there are so many locked cases that just happened to have a bunch of games.

Do all forms of making a profit make you cry or is it just resellers specifically?
I like how you're so poor you lump video game resellers in with "making a profit." What's next for you reselling advocates, getting that sweet bottle money? Too bad it's YMMV to only ten states.

You guys are too sweet with your feuds. El Hoardo from the last page would be proud. Just waiting for IATCG to pretend to be Wheelson again and PM everyone in the thread with some braindead nonsense.

I like how the TheOneGuyWhoResells likes the post of some rando attacking me but not the one of the price increase to $10. LOL
Oops, did I not like the post you approve. My bad. Send me a DM to all the post you want me to like and I'll correct this wrong for you :fridge:

Do me a favor and ignore this thread seeing as I made it and ignore all the clearance post I make here too.

Shh, here is another list of clearance items. Don't tell Wheeelson.

Some 3 cent games have been blocked from sale again. I'm not sure which ones but here is the current list of new 3 cent markdowns.

$0.03 Devil May Cry 5, Capcom, PlayStation 4, 013388560585

$0.03 Trollhunters Defenders of Arcadia, Outright Games, PlayStation 4, 819338020921

$0.03 Project Cars 3, Bandai Namco, PlayStation 4, 722674121903

$0.03 MEGA MAN Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, Capcom, PlayStation 4, 013388560752

$0.03 Hunt Showdown, PlayStation 4, THQ-Nordic, 816819017111

$0.03 Wasteland 3, THQ-Nordic, Xbox One, 816819017319

$0.03 Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris, Bandai Namco, PlayStation 4, 722674121965

$0.03 MEGA MAN Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, Capcom, Nintendo Switch, 013388410187

$0.03 Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions, Bandai Namco, PlayStation 4

$0.03 Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions, Bandai Namco, Nintendo Switch, 722674840361

$0.03 Desperados III, THQ-Nordic, PlayStation 4, 811994021755

$0.03 Narcos - Rise of The Cartels for Xbox One

$0.03 Darksiders Genesis, THQ-Nordic, Nintendo Switch, 811994022172

$0.03 My Hero One's Justice 2. Bandai Namco, PlayStation 4, 722674121774

$0.03 MX vs ATV: All Out Anniversary Edition, THQ-Nordic, Xbox One, 811994021960

$0.03 Zombie Army 4 Dead War for PlayStation 4

$0.03 Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Activision, PlayStation 4, 047875874589

$0.03 Darksiders Genesis, THQ-Nordic, PlayStation 4, 811994022103

Extra games I found

$20 Astral Chain, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, 045496596569

$20 Cyberpunk 2077, Warner Bros, PC, 883929695485

$29 Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch

$29 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, 045496590475

$13.50 NETGEAR CM500 (16x4) Cable Modem (No WiFi), DOCSIS 3.0 | Certified for XFINITY by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, and more (CM500-100NAS)

$34.75 NETGEAR AX1800 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router (RAX20-100NAS)

$54.00 Verizon Wireless Motorola Moto E6 16GB Prepaid Smartphone, Black

$299.00 Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S10+ 128GB, Prism Black

$0.50 My Sweet Love Sweet Baby Doll Toy Set, 4 Pieces

$17.00 Wagner Power Painter Plus 6.6 Gph

I like how the TheOneGuyWhoResells likes the post of some rando attacking me but not the one of the price increase to $10. LOL
i dont like petty video game buying drama in general but reading you believe you just got attacked hits really extra silly to me. maybe its the choice of the word "attacked", and it being memorial day

Are there any good deals on HDTVs?
Yes but the quality varies. Stuff like that is seemingly perpetually on sale in the middle of the walk ways. I can't give you any specifics on brands or prices right now but I'll try to jot the info for ones at my nearest walmart down since I have to go in there later.

It helps to know what knockoffs or generic brands have good parts and such in them vs high end name brands being low end parts and most people not knowing the difference. Plus all the extra stuff like how many hdmi ports it has, video ports for ps3/2/wii and so on. I don't know about much of that since I just buy whatevers cheapest and has the most ports since I don't bother to do the research.

I would stay away from Walmart HDTVs if you want the top tier sets with more features and better qualities. They tend to sell low and mid grade sets from the manufacturers. I want the best pic I can afford and always buy a higher end model from the top brands when they go on sale. This is usually at Best Buy and stores like that who carry the better sets.

Yes the bitches, I knew it was them getting in my way of cheap video games all along!

Never could articulate it before but it all makes sense now

Yes but the quality varies. Stuff like that is seemingly perpetually on sale in the middle of the walk ways. I can't give you any specifics on brands or prices right now but I'll try to jot the info for ones at my nearest walmart down since I have to go in there later.

It helps to know what knockoffs or generic brands have good parts and such in them vs high end name brands being low end parts and most people not knowing the difference. Plus all the extra stuff like how many hdmi ports it has, video ports for ps3/2/wii and so on. I don't know about much of that since I just buy whatevers cheapest and has the most ports since I don't bother to do the research.

I would stay away from Walmart HDTVs if you want the top tier sets with more features and better qualities. They tend to sell low and mid grade sets from the manufacturers. I want the best pic I can afford and always buy a higher end model from the top brands when they go on sale. This is usually at Best Buy and stores like that who carry the better sets.
I am just looking at a 40 inch or bigger TV for a family member that just moved and has like a 27 inch or something pathetic and the used TV in the area on offerup and CL are comical. People wanting $150 for a 10 year old TV when I can buy a brand new one for like $50-100 more. I was hoping Walmart had a close out on some HDTV's but I couldn't find anything new. Was trying to find some older deals that the local store still might have.

I am just looking at a 40 inch or bigger TV for a family member that just moved and has like a 27 inch or something pathetic and the used TV in the area on offerup and CL are comical. People wanting $150 for a 10 year old TV when I can buy a brand new one for like $50-100 more. I was hoping Walmart had a close out on some HDTV's but I couldn't find anything new. Was trying to find some older deals that the local store still might have.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-50-Class-4K-UHD-LED-TV-U515CV-U/44829924?

My Vizio TV suffered some serious burn-in on the left side of the screen, so I pulled the trigger on this Element TV at Target this morning.

https://www.target.com/p/element-43-34-4k-uhd-roku-tv/-/A-79829331#lnk=sametab

I've never had a 4K TV before, so it was nice to treat myself for all of the overtime that I've been working lately. I also got back 5% of the purchase price with Target Circle, so that was good too.

My only complaint so far is the voice helper that started speaking by itself while I was setting it up. It creeped me out, so I turned that feature off right away. :shock:

The voice thing on the 55 inch phillips likes to talk alot about adroidwebview which sounds like android wuv you when the robot speaks. It also is occasionally screaming about maki service. Maki service on left maki service on right maki service. Drove me nuts.

I wish Walmart would use a system like the old Kmart clearance system from 2005. It was SO great. All stores had the SAME clearance price for the games. No issues with weird pricing differences between stores.

And the games would slowly go down in price so if there was something you wanted to play you could grab it for $15. Then other stuff would go down and it wouldn't matter what the price on label was. And the employees would just sell it to you without any weird BS if the price was low.

No games near me and that case that was locked last weekend was completely cleared out! Kinda seems weird that there are so many locked cases that just happened to have a bunch of games.
Kmart's clearance-cycle system was truly the gold standard. Items didn't stay at minimal discounts forever (Best Buy), get saddled with lousy "Repackage" prices (Target) or suddenly drop to $0.03 and cause mass hysteria (Walmart). They just... started at a 15-30% off clearance percentage, then kept dropping if not sold. And once they stopped showing up in the system after the 70% drop, employees would sell them for either 90% off or an agreed-upon low price instead of panic-denying the sale altogether.

And you could even get Little Caesar's on the way out! What's not to love?

I miss Kmart so much, man. One of the best feelings for a video game collector was rolling up to a podunk Kmart and finding something like Dragon Quest VI or Kirby's Dream Collection long after they sold out elsewhere, and then having a cool employee hook you up with the 90% off out-of-system price. (Sighs, wistfully.)

Are there any good deals on HDTVs?
I haven't seen many and those that I have have only been about 10% - 15% off.

Usually TVs go on sale during the summer when new models come out. Give it another month and we should be seeing a lot more TV deals.

Here are a few I've seen though.

$150.00 VIZIO 43" Class 4k UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V436-G1

$166.60 VIZIO 40" Class FHD LED Smart TV D-Series D40f-G9

$236.30 VIZIO 43" Class 4K UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V435-H

$388.44 VIZIO 65" Class 4k UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V655-H

$398.00 SAMSUNG 58" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN58TU7000 2020

$427.44 SAMSUNG 55" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN55TU8200 2020

Usually TVs go on sale during the summer when new models come out. Give it another month and we should be seeing a lot more TV deals.

$398.00 SAMSUNG 58" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN58TU7000 2020
$427.44 SAMSUNG 55" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN55TU8200 2020
Thanks for this but none are in my area or are in the area but at a higher price.

My 40" Vizio suffered terrible burn in on the left side of the screen after two years. I probably won't buy another Vizio as long as I live. :bomb:

Kmart's clearance-cycle system was truly the gold standard. Items didn't stay at minimal discounts forever (Best Buy), get saddled with lousy "Repackage" prices (Target) or suddenly drop to $0.03 and cause mass hysteria (Walmart). They just... started at a 15-30% off clearance percentage, then kept dropping if not sold. And once they stopped showing up in the system after the 70% drop, employees would sell them for either 90% off or an agreed-upon low price instead of panic-denying the sale altogether.

And you could even get Little Caesar's on the way out! What's not to love?

I miss Kmart so much, man. One of the best feelings for a video game collector was rolling up to a podunk Kmart and finding something like Dragon Quest VI or Kirby's Dream Collection long after they sold out elsewhere, and then having a cool employee hook you up with the 90% off out-of-system price. (Sighs, wistfully.)
Apparently there was lots not to love seeing as how there's probably less than 10 kmarts left nationwide.

Apparently there was lots not to love seeing as how there's probably less than 10 kmarts left nationwide.
Because most of them were converted to sears grands sadly. It's stupid too as having a grocery section was a big draw as walmarts didn't have them back then so you could grab your groceries and then do clothing shopping for the kids and such.

bread's done
Back