Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Do all forms of making a profit make you cry or is it just resellers specifically?
It's pretty hard not to make a "profit" from 3 cent games, but looking at the general trends and availability of games/systems - it seems like everything is shifting back to pre-pandemic prices - Pokémon / handhelds / retro. I'm sure there are exceptions to that trend (ie - CIB cardboard stuff), but guessing most resellers have long liquidated their stock and taking whatever profit before it goes even lower?

Before was most price levels set by Gamestop pricing / availability? Now that GS doesn't do retro wonder if amazon will start dictating price charting instead of ebay.... which I guess I can understand why someone would pay that much of a premium for 2 day prime... anyone here sell on amazon? Guessing you guys regularly flip from ebay to fba - is that trend changing as well? :whistle2:k

Not sure if many cags sell through Amazon. Iirc Amazon takes a larger percentage of the sale than others. Most people mentioned selling through Facebook these days.

Anyone seen price drops on Sekiro? Seems like Brickseek doesn’t work as well as it used to and vaguely recall a few folks finding it discounted on here awhile back.

i think its on the way out
dont think it will be in stock at all by november
have seen it go under 30 bucks like once

i paid 30 and i was more than satisfied with my purchase at the time
great game but polarizing it seems

Anyone seen price drops on Sekiro? Seems like Brickseek doesn’t work as well as it used to and vaguely recall a few folks finding it discounted on here awhile back.
i still regret not buying this on clearance at meijer for $6 as i didn't know anything about it. went back the next day and all the copies were gone lol

It's pretty hard not to make a "profit" from 3 cent games, but looking at the general trends and availability of games/systems - it seems like everything is shifting back to pre-pandemic prices - Pokémon / handhelds / retro. I'm sure there are exceptions to that trend (ie - CIB cardboard stuff), but guessing most resellers have long liquidated their stock and taking whatever profit before it goes even lower?

Before was most price levels set by Gamestop pricing / availability? Now that GS doesn't do retro wonder if amazon will start dictating price charting instead of ebay.... which I guess I can understand why someone would pay that much of a premium for 2 day prime... anyone here sell on amazon? Guessing you guys regularly flip from ebay to fba - is that trend changing as well? :whistle2:k
I sell strictly on mercari, I watch eBay sales and I look at Amazon just to laugh at the prices and I wonder why the people paying $60 for wii fit don’t just buy it on eBay for $5 shipped…

I enjoy mercari, 3 days to rate and the order is complete, there’s none of that buyers remorse crap PayPal returns 2 months later or anything like that. I don’t do free shipping and I notice most people don’t as well. It’s just a super easy experience if your selling good games and you can describe something as you would want it.

I had 1 stressful experience out of 1000 sales, sold a taco bell one x buyer received it. Waited a day and requested a return he said unexpected bills came up and he hopes I will accept or it goes up to mercari….I did not accept the return messaged mercari that that Is no excuse to return….after a few hours they immediately completed the transaction giving me all my money.

I sell strictly on mercari, I watch eBay sales and I look at Amazon just to laugh at the prices and I wonder why the people paying $60 for wii fit don’t just buy it on eBay for $5 shipped…

I enjoy mercari, 3 days to rate and the order is complete, there’s none of that buyers remorse crap PayPal returns 2 months later or anything like that. I don’t do free shipping and I notice most people don’t as well. It’s just a super easy experience if your selling good games and you can describe something as you would want it.

I had 1 stressful experience out of 1000 sales, sold a taco bell one x buyer received it. Waited a day and requested a return he said unexpected bills came up and he hopes I will accept or it goes up to mercari….I did not accept the return messaged mercari that that Is no excuse to return….after a few hours they immediately completed the transaction giving me all my money.
Online selling in general has gotten much harder in the last 3 or 4 years. The cut Amazon takes has become absurd, eBay has weird review policies that can basically allow people to wreck your rating because of their inability to read a listing, and the last minute return requests are crazy too. I used to sell online as a side hustle, but these days it’s just hard to justify because of all the shady people and outrageous fees. It’s easier to find deals and just enjoy stuff, but I rarely buy multiple copies of anything because of the sheer hassle that most online selling has become.

clearance at meijer for $6
Wish I had Meijers or even any other used video game chains like I see in all the youtube videos! :hot:

Whenever I looked at Mercari, there just didn't seem like much stock of anything, I guess I'm looking for obscure things... don't really plan on selling at the moment (no need for cash or space right now... renovating for more!) :speaktothehand:

Online selling in general has gotten much harder in the last 3 or 4 years. The cut Amazon takes has become absurd, eBay has weird review policies that can basically allow people to wreck your rating because of their inability to read a listing, and the last minute return requests are crazy too. I used to sell online as a side hustle, but these days it’s just hard to justify because of all the shady people and outrageous fees. It’s easier to find deals and just enjoy stuff, but I rarely buy multiple copies of anything because of the sheer hassle that most online selling has become.
What are the typical cuts to sell on ebay / amazon / mercari via paypal (i don't even know what alternatives are to paypal these days... i know all the kids like to use Venmo!) From what I gather ~15% for ebay/mercari, and amazon ~20%? :bomb:

Wish I had Meijers or even any other used video game chains like I see in all the youtube videos! :hot:

Whenever I looked at Mercari, there just didn't seem like much stock of anything, I guess I'm looking for obscure things... don't really plan on selling at the moment (no need for cash or space right now... renovating for more!) :speaktothehand:

What are the typical cuts to sell on ebay / amazon / mercari via paypal (i don't even know what alternatives are to paypal these days... i know all the kids like to use Venmo!) From what I gather ~15% for ebay/mercari, and amazon ~20%? :bomb:
Mercari is 10% plus whatever the random processing fee ends up being. Usually not higher than like 2$.

They also require the buyer to send photos for a return in cases where the item isn't as described or damaged so compared to other places they have your back basically. And due to the auto rating system you'll always get feedback score unlike amazon and ebay.

To be honest, I don’t even know anymore. Amazon has gotten ridiculously high in general and it varies by product. It’s not worth selling cheaper games anymore because for a $20 sale, something like $6-8 goes to Amazon. For bigger items, it offers better seller protection but expect a huge chunk … like you sell a collectible for $400 and they pocket $80. eBay is weird now because they completely dropped PayPal and just deposit directly into your bank account, but they give you a monthly bill so it feels like you’re making more but really aren’t.

If I were selling heavily today, I’d focus on FB Marketplace, NextDoor and maybe Craigslist … avoid fees, sell local … but still risky for higher end items.

Ended up finding a sealed copy of Sekiro for pickup on FB marketplace for $20 tonight. Grabbed it, not a great deal but the game really does seem like it’s getting harder to find.

Mercari is 10% plus whatever the random processing fee ends up being. Usually not higher than like 2$.
They also require the buyer to send photos for a return in cases where the item isn't as described or damaged so compared to other places they have your back basically. And due to the auto rating system you'll always get feedback score unlike amazon and ebay.
Mercari is now around 13% as they started to implement payment processing fees.

Mercari is now around 13% as they started to implement payment processing fees.
I generally like Mercari but my only complaint is that there do not seem to be as many buyers as there are on ebay or amazon. I have had some items languish on Mercari at what I consider below ebay prices for weeks. I move the item over to ebay and it sells much more quickly. Granted what I am selling is sometimes pretty niche retro game stuff. Gamecube moves fast though. Might be a different demographic on Mercari

All the major options has their perks. eBay and Amazon has more traffic so faster sales, Mercari is great for more niche items that might have a harder time selling elsewhere. 

I find that you can have success on any of those platforms if you focus on the right items. Enough money for anyone to make good profits.

I sell mostly flea market and goodwill games items I buy. $15=12.76 cashout on mercari rn

So wait GameStop stopped selling retro ?

I generally like Mercari but my only complaint is that there do not seem to be as many buyers as there are on ebay or amazon. I have had some items languish on Mercari at what I consider below ebay prices for weeks. I move the item over to ebay and it sells much more quickly. Granted what I am selling is sometimes pretty niche retro game stuff. Gamecube moves fast though. Might be a different demographic on Mercari
Huh, that's an interesting point about the GameCube stuff. I reckon Mercari, being younger and less established than eBay or Amazon, has had a harder time attracting the older 8-bit/16-bit collectors who are "set in their ways" versus the younger, more malleable gamers who feel strong nostalgia for the 2000s stuff.

Anything Nintendo sells fast for me on mercari…PlayStation anything also sells good…Xbox lingers.

Crossposting is available I think with chrome…there’s lots of ebay game sellers just posting on both platforms posting slightly cheaper than eBay

Either I have fun doing it and finding cool stuff. I had built a nice collection of around 100 good games for multiple systems….just they would sit there and I like to think that the people buying them from me are playing them and enjoying themselves….I think I can emulate most retro games if I want.

I just want to play Pokémon and ff7 lol

If anyone has a copy of MegaMan Zero/ZX Collection (on Switch or PS4) or Tekken 7 or DK Tropical Freeze, I'm interested!

My store had PS5 games on Clearance. Hit it big with DMC 5 for $15, Ovecookeed 1 & 2 $15. They had some PS4 games such as Death Stranding for $10, and Mortal Shell for $12. For Switch just Dragon Quest XI for $35

Found a Warioware Gold last night hiding behind Yo Kai Watch Bony Spirits for $7. That being said the 3DS games at Walmart are disappearing quickly!

Anyone having trouble with the walmart app. When I scan an item, it asks me to hold a button to verify security and then when it is finally done, the scan never finds the item.

I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask but what advice would you guys give to someone looking for a TV? I was reading earlier in the thread about how there might be more deals in the summer. I'm looking for something around 50 inch size and trying to stay in the $500 price range. I was thinking of maybe waiting for Amazon Prime day but I don't know about their quality.

I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask but what advice would you guys give to someone looking for a TV? I was reading earlier in the thread about how there might be more deals in the summer. I'm looking for something around 50 inch size and trying to stay in the $500 price range. I was thinking of maybe waiting for Amazon Prime day but I don't know about their quality.
I lucked out last week and found out that target clearanced their 55inch Sony tv for $324. It was their display model but for that price felt like I had to grab it

Normally, this is turnover time for models. Well, the new ones should be but who knows with how things are. Display models are very much possible.

I'm waiting, base HDMI 2.1 features are still trickling down. One more year at least for me.

And for above, Mercari is definitely low down the list. I looked earlier for lawn stuff but it was the first time in months.

Anyone having trouble with the walmart app. When I scan an item, it asks me to hold a button to verify security and then when it is finally done, the scan never finds the item.
That's Skynet using GPS to track you in preperation for it's attack on humanity. That or Walmart now needs your finger print in addition in order to sell your info.

I rather perfer it was Skynet, but that's just me.

Not the best clearances these past few weeks but here is what I and the group have been finding.

$9.88 Life Is Strange 2, Square Enix, PlayStation 4, 662248923512

$9.88 Life Is Strange: Before the Storm, Square Enix, PlayStation 4, 662248920276

$9.88 Left Alive Day One Edition, Square Enix, PlayStation 4, 662248920399

$9.88 Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Square Enix, Xbox One, 662248921990

$9.88 World of Final Fantasy: Maxima, Square Enix, Xbox One, 662248921952

$49.94 Demon’s Souls, Sony, PlayStation 5

$49.00 LG 2.1 Channel 360W High Res Audio Sound Bar w/ DTS Virtual:X Sound - SKM5Y

$64.00 Boost Samsung A11

$99.00 VIZIO 36" 2.1 Sound Bar System - Black (SB3621n-H8)

$150.00 HP 15 Pentium 4GB/128GB Laptop-Scarlet Red

$159.00 Samsung CB4 11.6" Celeron 4GB/32GB Chromebook, 11.6" HD Display, Intel Celeron Processor N4000, 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC, Intel UHD Graphics 600 - XE310XBA-K01US (Google Classroom Ready)

$169.00 Acer Chromebook Spin 311 CP311-3H-K3WL Convertible Laptop, MediaTek MT8183C Octa-Core Processor, 11.6" HD Touchscreen, 4GB LPDDR4X, 32GB eMMC

$169.00 VIZIO 55" Class 4K UHD Quantum SmartCast Smart TV HDR M-Series M556-H

$299.00 VIZIO 65" Class 4k UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V655-H

$349.00 Sony 55" Class KD55X750H 4K UHD LED Android Smart TV HDR BRAVIA 750H Series

$384.75 Hisense 65" Class 4K UHD LED Roku Smart TV HDR 65R6E1

$449.00 75" VIZIO V755 4K HDR SmartCast TV

$39.75 Motorola Connectview 65 Plus, 5" Wi-Fi Video Baby Monitor with Over-The-Crib Mount

$59.95 Motorola 4.3" Video Baby 2 Camera Xl Monitor

$60.00 Shark® Navigator® Lift-Away® Upright Vacuum Healthy Home Edition, NV351WM2

A week or so ago I was able to grab a few 3DS games for $9.88 at a nearby store (I owe my mom ~$35):

Super Mario 3D Land

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Welcome Amiibo

bread's done
Back